Quote Originally Posted by Oatmeel View Post
    I also think the title Dragonflight could allude to flight being a central feature of the expansion, with flying available very early on, and zones designed around flying mounts.

My gut feeling was that this might be the case with the next expansion, for a few reasons (including the CE mount possibly being a drake) but the title kinda clinches it IMO. I think we’ll be flying around on dragons early and often in 10.0.
    What if they give a borrowed power that allows players to transform into Dragons for the whole of the expansion? The reverse of what Dragons do all along.

Quote Originally Posted by Totally Not Dragons View Post
    No he throws up
    I believe the technical term is "yarp."

Quote Originally Posted by deviantcultist View Post
    What if they give a borrowed power that allows players to transform into Dragons for the whole of the expansion? The reverse of what Dragons do all along.
    That'd lead to some very cluttered raid encounters.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    Thank you. A lot of people ignore this and say Void Lords or some shit. But the Void, Death and Fel are all parts of the cosmos and whatever scared Zovaal is external to the cosmos. Something else.
    The Void Lords got misunderstood as the biggest bad because initially they were before Chronicle got relegated to being Watsonian.

That being said, in the very long run it might work out better. Saying there's six primal forces but that only one is the worst and most dangerous robs it of nuance and this way the narrative becomes more about coexisting of differing ideologies against something more explicitly existential. Now you can explain it that SARGERAS just feared the Void most the same way that the Void feared seemingly Death most from the Windrunner comic and the whispers.
    Last edited by Vakir; 2022-04-04 at 02:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Hmm... everyones' feeling pretty confident about the whole Dragonflight Covenants thing...

Are you sure it's not going to be the old Dalaran order halls amidst a Dragon War?

Alexstrasza has been hiding her corrupted whelps from being destroyed. And I'm fairly certain she gave her sister Ysera a corrupted flower that she planted in the Emerald Dream, which gave us the Emerald Nightmare. (Exhibit A1 and A2)

We know of Nozdormu's fate as Murozond. We also know someone tried to kill Chromie during Legion. (Exhibit B)

Sources:

Exhibit A1
    Sinestra was underground when we fought her. Stands to reason that her eggs are, too. Not sure where you're getting this nonsense idea from that it was Alex.

Same goes for the Nightmare: We know it's the Old Gods doing. There's no reason to assume it involved Alex or Ysera in any way.

We know about Nozdormu, but it appears the Infinite are acting entirely seperate from the Void, with unclear goals.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    How about

Battle for Outland
    Battle for Northrend
    Battle for Azeroth
    Battle for Pandaria
    Battle for Draenor
    Battle for Argus (but mostly for Azeroth)
    Battle for Sylvanas
    Battle for the Shadowlands
    Battle for the Dragon Isles
    I'll do you one better

Legion
    Legion
    Legion
    Leg---wait

Quote Originally Posted by Blayze View Post
    That'd lead to some very cluttered raid encounters.
    You'd just have to Katamari the camera far enough that you can barely tell you are a dragon in the first place. And bosses would have to be bigger, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Oatmeel View Post
    I also think the title Dragonflight could allude to flight being a central feature of the expansion, with flying available very early on, and zones designed around flying mounts.

My gut feeling was that this might be the case with the next expansion, for a few reasons (including the CE mount possibly being a drake) but the title kinda clinches it IMO. I think we’ll be flying around on dragons early and often in 10.0.
    Only way i can see that happen is if they completely redesign the flying mechanics.

They will all fuse together into white dragons, mark my words. Ivory Dragonflight.
    Everything else aside, I would legitimately love it if whatever the resolution of this expansion is results in the creation of the metallic dragonflights in WoW. They've been conspicuously absent.

Quote Originally Posted by draugril View Post
    They've been conspicuously absent.
    Aside from, y'know, bronze.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

Quote Originally Posted by draugril View Post
    Everything else aside, I would legitimately love it if whatever the resolution of this expansion is results in the creation of the metallic dragonflights in WoW. They've been conspicuously absent.
    Probably because WotC would sue the shit out of Blizzard.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    I hate to keep reposting this but here it is:
    I would say alliance rangers: night elves and humans. Void elves dont have anything to do with it.

How about

Battle for Outland
    Battle for Northrend
    Battle for Azeroth
    Battle for Pandaria
    Battle for Draenor
    Battle for Sylvanas
    Outlands
    Northlands
    Destroyed Lands
    Pandalands
    Orclands
    Broken Islands
    Two Islands
    Shadowlands
    Dragon Lands

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by deviantcultist View Post
    We already have mounts that make you a dragon.. such a sandstone and leggy mount.

Quote Originally Posted by Blayze View Post
    Aside from, y'know, bronze.
    Are they bronze, though? I always thought they went with that term because "Yellow Dragonflight" or "Orange Dragonflight" don't roll off of the tongue all that well. They certainly don't look metallic.

They're practically a trope at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrad Wagner View Post
    Outlands
    Northlands
    Destroyed Lands
    Pandalands
    Orclands
    Broken Islands
    Two Islands
    Shadowlands
    Dragon Lands

Retcons of Outland
    Retcons of Northrend
    Retcons of Azeroth
    Retcons of Pandaria
    Retcons of Draenor
    Retcons of the Broken Isles
    Retcons of the South Seas
    Retcons of the Shadowlands
    Retcons of the Dragon Isles.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

3+ Year Old Account
    How about

Battle for Outland
    Battle for Northrend
    Battle for Azeroth
    Battle for Pandaria
    Battle for Draenor
    Battle for Sylvanas
    Mists of Medivh
    Mists of Malygos
    Mists of Murozond
    Mists of Pandaria
    Mists of Timelines
    Mists of Suramar
    Mists of Magni
    Mists of Korthia

10+ Year Old Account
    Mists of Medivh
    Mists of Malygos
    Mists of Murozond
    Mists of Pandaria
    Mists of Timelines
    Mists of Suramar
    Mists of Magni
    Mists of Korthia
    A lot of moms in that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    I would say alliance rangers: night elves and humans. Void elves dont have anything to do with it.
    Yeah I think you're right.

So long as they are legally distinct enough it should be fine.

I mean, we have beholders in the game which is another creature WotC tend to be very sue-happy about.