1. #36301
    The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    World of Wisconsin
    Posts
    37,266
    So any new revelations on why we suddenly care about Dragons or are we still adrift in "here be dragons?"
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

  2. #36302
    Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    I see you are back to your old shticks of "Syliv did nothing wrong". I mean, sure. What does it matter that Sylvi herself hard disagrees with that, eh?
    The game itself took a "Syliv did nothing wrong" angle. By apparently giving the Jailer a good reason for what he did.

    But this isn't about Sylvanas this is about Night Elves being abominations. "We're going to turn this desert into a forest & build condos there" "We're going to suck on magic juice so long we're our bodies are going to change & anyone who refuses will be displaced, culturally & geographically." "We're going to destroy the supercontinent & face zero repercussions" "We're going to grow this world tree even though the Dragonflight forbade it." "We're going use our dreams to frolic forever, back & forth for all eternity, in the realms of life and death and still act we're victimized like some kind of existential munchausen syndrome." The only thing the night elves are victim of is irony.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    And he was doing so well not trying to justify genocide for most of Shadowlands. But I guess old habits are hard to kick, and once he got a whiff of Sylvanas being innocent with the ending of this expansion he fell back off the wagon.
    Tyrande, head-sweating: "Hey lets not starting pointing fingers on who-genocided-who. Those Dark Trolls who lived on Hyjal just happened to disappear when we moved there after the shattering. Nothing to see here."
    Last edited by Ersula; 2022-04-04 at 06:36 PM.

  3. #36303
    The Lightbringer Lady Atia's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    The Rumour Tower
    Posts
    3,390
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    And he was doing so well not trying to justify genocide for most of Shadowlands. But I guess old habits are hard to kick, and once he got a whiff of Sylvanas being innocent with the ending of this expansion he fell back off the wagon.

    - - - Updated - - -



    It's not like he was removed in a particularly sudden way though. He was a raid boss in the pre-patch with a unique cineamtic afterwards. I guess you could say he was not brought back as a villain in SL because of player disapproval, but he is clearly mentioned during 9.1 when Tyrande fights Sylvanas, and there was a datamined piece of dialogue from Sylvanas in 9.2 that seems to have gotten removed where she talks about looking for her true love.
    That dialoge never got removed, you can listen to it if you click on her often enough inside the Sepulcher raid.

    #TEAMGIRAFFE

  4. #36304
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    So any new revelations on why we suddenly care about Dragons or are we still adrift in "here be dragons?"
    All we have is the title.

    It will be interesting indeed to see how they segue into the next expansion.

  5. #36305
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I'll never understand the hatred for Valsharah. Both Tyrande and Malfurion are consistently strong there. Tyrande chooses her goddess over her husband. Xavius mocks them both because he hates them. Not to mention it's one of the few storylines in this game that FEELS fast because the stakes are raised with every beat.
    Tyrande's actual arc with Ysera and Elune is good. Her interactions with Malfurions just felt out of place. Personally I found Xavius's portrayal in Legion was too campy. I think it translated into the voice acting sounding really off for all the characters involved since they were trying to hit on some more serious tones in that zone.

  6. #36306
    I am Murloc! Wangming's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Not Azeroth
    Posts
    5,389
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    So any new revelations on why we suddenly care about Dragons or are we still adrift in "here be dragons?"
    Ehm, how much did you miss? What was the last thing you still knew?

  7. #36307
    Elemental Lord Makabreska's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Streets Strange by Moonlight
    Posts
    8,506
    Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    The game itself took a "Syliv did nothing wrong" angle. By apparently giving the Jailer a good reason for what he did.

    But this isn't about Sylvanas this is about Night Elves being abominations. "We're going to turn this desert into a forest & build condos there" "We're going to grow this world tree even though the Dragonflight forbade it." "We're going use our dreams to frolic forever, back & forth for all eternity, in the realms of life and death and still act we're victimized like some kind of existential munchausen syndrome." The only thing the night elves are victim of is irony.
    Sorry, no. Your crusade against nelves was always an attempt to excuse Teldrassil. It's hilarious to see how you shit on them just to say "they had it coming". And watch again cinematics. Sylvi herself clearly states that she did everything with her free will and what she did was abhorrent. GL with any further mental gymnastics and reality denial when your BFF clearly contradicts what you have been peddling here since BfA.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2022-04-04 at 06:37 PM.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

  8. #36308
    Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Tyrande's actual arc with Ysera and Elune is good. Her interactions with Malfurions just felt out of place. Personally I found Xavius's portrayal in Legion was too campy. I think it translated into the voice acting sounding really off for all the characters involved since they were trying to hit on some more serious tones in that zone.
    I think the VA probably chose to make it sound that way. Xavius was meant to be mocking Tyrande. I mean by the lore, he LOATHES her and Malfurion.

  9. #36309
    Quote Originally Posted by draugril View Post
    All we have is the title.

    It will be interesting indeed to see how they segue into the next expansion.
    I think they are jsut going to go for the obvious option. Dragons are once again needed to protect Azeroth from nebulous threats. Especially if the theme ends up properly revolving around dragons and not just having them as a vague presence. Though I guess another options might be that some dragons want to become protectors again, and we need to stop them.

    I guess we could combine the two as well with the always popular theory of Murozond and the Infinite Dragonflight being born finally. They watn to protect Azeroth from whatever, and it's up to us and other nice dragons to stop them.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

  10. #36310
    The Insane Raetary's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Base Camp
    Posts
    19,078
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    So any new revelations on why we suddenly care about Dragons or are we still adrift in "here be dragons?"
    Did you miss the whole expansion name, logo and promo art leak?


    Formerly known as Arafal

  11. #36311
    The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    World of Wisconsin
    Posts
    37,266
    Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    Ehm, how much did you miss? What was the last thing you still knew?
    Dragonsongflight is the name, there was a logo/key art leak that I'm still torn on, apparently someone "leaked" the "cinematic" but it's probably bogus, micro-class leak but that's guaranteed fake unless they're taking all "endgame systems" and making them account-wide.

    Honestly I'm just waiting for leaks to catch up to Dragonflight enough that people start throwing in why we should care. Because we all know the Aspects aren't turning evil so why are we going to the Dragon Isles if not to kill them?
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

  12. #36312
    The Lightbringer Izalla's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Nova Scotia
    Posts
    3,512
    Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    Funny thing is while you say the name is highly predictable, there was no other leak with this name.
    While you are technically correct that no one else made a leak with this name, someone else did guess that name in an expansion title guessing thread back in January. It is entirely possible the person who wrote the leak read that thread and picked the name they thought was most likely or that they liked the best. Or they just came up with it on their own the same way the other poster guessed it.

    Sorry if this has been replied to already, I'm quite far behind on the thread right now.
    give up dat booty
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    <3
    For the matriarchy.

  13. #36313
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    I think they are jsut going to go for the obvious option.
    I want them to go for a vague, nebulous "rebirth"-type expansion without a central threat, and I think dragons would be a good overall theme to loosely tie it all together. But I can't see the current team going for that. They need that Important Story to build everything else around with Big Twists and the like. I fully expect a narrative somersault to tie in the resolution of Shadowlands in with Dragonflight.

  14. #36314
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Dragonsongflight is the name, there was a logo/key art leak that I'm still torn on, apparently someone "leaked" the "cinematic" but it's probably bogus, micro-class leak but that's guaranteed fake unless they're taking all "endgame systems" and making them account-wide.

    Honestly I'm just waiting for leaks to catch up to Dragonflight enough that people start throwing in why we should care. Because we all know the Aspects aren't turning evil so why are we going to the Dragon Isles if not to kill them?
    Probably to learn the origins of dragons and why they are so important.
    Also most likely to defeat Murozond and the Infinite Dragonflight.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

  15. #36315
    Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Sorry, no. Your crusade against nelves was always an attempt to excuse Teldrassil. It's hilarious to see how you shit on them just to say "they had it coming". And watch again cinematics. Sylvi herself clearly states that she did everything with her free will and what she did was abhorrent. GL with any further mental gymnastics and reality denial when your BFF clearly contradicts what you have been peddling here since BfA.
    The sheer amount of "So the jailer was a good guy?" posts over the past few weeks says something different. Sorry that Sylvanas got negged out of her agency by bad writing.

  16. #36316
    The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    World of Wisconsin
    Posts
    37,266
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Probably to learn the origins of dragons and why they are so important.
    Also most likely to defeat Murozond and the Infinite Dragonflight.
    Maybe it's the years of speculation but Murozond and the Infinite feels... hollow to me.

    I always assumed if we delt with them again it'd be through an Ancient Kalimdor expansion. Or, y'know, anything time-themed at all.

    Could see them being involved but I don't think they're our next Jailer/Sylvanas/N'Zoth/Sargeras/Gul'dan/Garrosh...

    Still, it is better than a lot of the "It's a world revamp and dragons are there because we needed a new location" leaks.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

  17. #36317
    I am Murloc! Wangming's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Not Azeroth
    Posts
    5,389
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Dragonsongflight is the name, there was a logo/key art leak that I'm still torn on, apparently someone "leaked" the "cinematic" but it's probably bogus, micro-class leak but that's guaranteed fake unless they're taking all "endgame systems" and making them account-wide.

    Honestly I'm just waiting for leaks to catch up to Dragonflight enough that people start throwing in why we should care. Because we all know the Aspects aren't turning evil so why are we going to the Dragon Isles if not to kill them?
    Oh so why do we care IN UNIVERSE? I dunno. I'm not the right person to answer that. As I explained in my rant a few hundread pages back, I find dragons dull. Too easy, too predictable, not enough drama. I doubt I will care for them even while standing in the middle of their ancestral home.


    Quote Originally Posted by Izalla View Post
    While you are technically correct that no one else made a leak with this name, someone else did guess that name in an expansion title guessing thread back in January. It is entirely possible the person who wrote the leak read that thread and picked the name they thought was most likely or that they liked the best. Or they just came up with it on their own the same way the other poster guessed it.

    Sorry if this has been replied to already, I'm quite far behind on the thread right now.
    Oooh I didn't know that. You are the first to mention it. And don't worry. Your comments are always appreciated.

  18. #36318
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I'll never understand the hatred for Valsharah. Both Tyrande and Malfurion are consistently strong there. Tyrande chooses her goddess over her husband. Xavius mocks them both because he hates them. Not to mention it's one of the few storylines in this game that FEELS fast because the stakes are raised with every beat.
    Agreed. I think some people are put off because they don't realize that Malfurion's melodramatic dialogue is Xavius being sarcastic, too, which is a shame because it's rather blatant to me.

  19. #36319
    Quote Originally Posted by draugril View Post
    I want them to go for a vague, nebulous "rebirth"-type expansion without a central threat, and I think dragons would be a good overall theme to loosely tie it all together. But I can't see the current team going for that. They need that Important Story to build everything else around with Big Twists and the like. I fully expect a narrative somersault to tie in the resolution of Shadowlands in with Dragonflight.
    For my money, I just want an expansion that mostly ditches the big storylines and instead just has each patch focus on a singluar localized threat. Maybe with some vague connecting theme at the end to cap it all off.
    Infinite Dragonflight shenanigans around Azeroth instigating conflict would be good, and it would be a good way to tie everything into dragons without needing a strong connection between each individual event beyond having a little nudge from the Infinite Dragonflight.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

  20. #36320
    I am Murloc! Wangming's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Not Azeroth
    Posts
    5,389
    Quote Originally Posted by Le Conceptuel View Post
    Agreed. I think some people are put off because they don't realize that Malfurion's melodramatic dialogue is Xavius being sarcastic, too, which is a shame because it's rather blatant to me.
    It's like the fake sounding Tidus laugh in Final Fantasy X. Poor guy can't live it down even though the entire scene it was cut from shows that the laugh was forced.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •