Quote Originally Posted by ercarp View Post

A cinematic without a single action scene would be really lame. Other cinematics have also established the antagonist pretty clearly, whereas this tells us pretty much nothing about who we're going to be dealing with.
    Why is this even being entertained? There's nothing of merit here. Are people just so starved for info we're entertaining random 4chan posts posted after everything already leaked?

inb4 we get that Syndragosa style login screen for Dragonflight with Alexstrasza or some other dragons flying randomly every now and then.

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    Is that ever canonically established or even suggested? The Eternal Ones & The Titans seem to be on the same level power-wise and both seem to be "employees" of the First Ones'. Circumventing the "Order" of Death doesn't seem that hard considering Bwonsamdi can do the same thing.
    The Eternal Ones never even come close to the Titans. At best they are keeper level.

We need to do a better job in this thread and stop feeding the trolls.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellspawn View Post
    How can Tyrande even stand in Darnassus? Teldrassil is utterly destroyed! Unless they tell us it is not like it looked in BfA...
    Teldrassil is still there, just burned. It isn't impossible that some of the Temple of the Moon survived inside the ruins of Darnassus.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferlion View Post
    The Eternal Ones never even come close to the Titans. At best they are keeper level.
    If you want to ignore what the people who write the story have to say, sure.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KayRule View Post
    Why is this even being entertained? There's nothing of merit here. Are people just so starved for info we're entertaining random 4chan posts posted after everything already leaked?
    Yes. I want my info now.

Also I feel like the fake leaks and speculation are usually more exciting than the actual reveal, but maybe that's just me.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Another theory I have is that Elune was the previous elemental lord of spirit who is weakened due to azeroth consuming most of the planets spirit.
    Given what we've learned about her in Shadowlands, we can dismiss this. She's clearly well above the elemental lords.

Okay then you & Snorlax can argue that. Elune & the Winter Queen are sisters. Ferlion says Titans are stronger. Snorlax says the Eternal Ones are stronger. Both can apparently get stabbed & survive.

Maybe Elune is a First One but they'd need to come up with a pretty good contrivance for describing her & WQ as "sisters"

Anduin nearly killed one of them. Sylvanas nearly killed the Winter Queen on her own.

Our characters are weaker than they were in Legion, where they had weapons that destroyed planets.

The Eternal Ones are nowhere near Titan level.

Anduin nearly killed one of them. Sylvanas nearly killed the Winter Queen on her own.

Our characters are weaker than they were in Legion, where they had weapons that destroyed planets.

Word of God says you are wrong, even if it's poorly portrayed in game.

Also, Devos beat the shit out of Archon.
    "His name was Gambit. Remember it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Biruteka View Post
    The logo is dark green.
    I actually didn't catch that at first, but I think you're right. It seems to have a subtle greenness to it and adjusting saturation on Photoshop proves it.

A dark green logo... Hmm... I mean I don't really like the look of the logo that much anyway, but haven't we had quite a few green expansion logos over the years?

TBC, MoP, Legion, and now Dragonflight?

And yeah I'm still a little bit mad that the logo isn't covered in flames since it's an expansion about dragons. But I suppose green makes sense if the Dragons = Life theories prove to be correct.

1+ Year Old Account
    I love reading through all of the speculation from the day. Less than 15 days to go for the announcement!

I never believe a word someone says about knowing the ins and outs of an expansion (especially the transcript for an entire cinematic). We shall know soon enough. Stay enthusiastic, the long wait is almost done. Thank God.

How about a quote saying the Eternal Ones (or at least the Winter Queen) isn't at Titans level.

“So the winter queen we wanted something that stood above the night fae and felt somewhat different than they were. And of course, she’s similar to other creatures like her that we’ve had in the past. You know, she’s not a Titan, but she’s something kind of right below that. She’s an ultra-powerful creature here and part of this pantheon in a similar way that the Titan Watchers and Keepers we’ve seen in the past were part of the pantheon of law and order. These are the pantheon of death. So, that was sort of a starting point is that she’s a creature above and beyond the night fae themselves. She’s part of a greater order."

Where she is directly compared to Titan Watchers and Keepers.

https://sagamer.co.za/2020/08/20/a-d...f-hibernation/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Given what we've learned about her in Shadowlands, we can dismiss this. She's clearly well above the elemental lords.
    Blizzard can recontextualize™ any part of the lore if they feel like it. Elementals and dragons may seem orders of magnitude less important to us right now, but that might just be because we don't have the whole picture. In truth, elementals and dragons could actually be on the same level as something like the Eternal Ones.

In what way are you qualifying "nearly"? The Archon wasn't even severely injured.

Sylvanas never fought the Winter Queen, she only fought a decoy.

I think we're supposed to feel like our characters ARE now stronger than they were in Legion. And none of the artifact weapons destroyed planets so much as in some cases 'survived the destruction of a planet'
    How about a quote saying the Eternal Ones (or at least the Winter Queen) isn't at Titans level.

https://sagamer.co.za/2020/08/20/a-d...f-hibernation/
    Why would we accept the interpretation of a "senior concept artist"? One of the directors need to say it or its uncircumstantial.
    Last edited by Ersula; 2022-04-04 at 09:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    In what way are you qualifying "nearly"? The Archon wasn't even severely injured.

Sylvanas never fought the Winter Queen, she only fought a decoy.

I think we're supposed to feel like our characters ARE now stronger than they were in Legion. And none of the artifact weapons destroyed planets so much as in some cases 'survived the destruction of a planet'
    Why would we accept the interpretation of a "senior concept artist"? One of the directors need to say it or its uncircumstantial.
    No, they don't. C'mon now. That's never how interviews worked. Show me where, other than one quote, which is way back when specifically talking about Zovaal anyone has said the Eternal Ones are Titan level. That idea, from everything I personally have seen, came from an announcement about Titan++. And we all know what gets said in announcements pretty often changes. We can just look at the OG Jailers concept art for that .

10+ Year Old Account
    Microclasses and all zones being end-game content with no levelling are the most amazing things they could do to save the game to be honest, I feel anyone complaining about them likely complained about Demon Hunter having only 2 specs or the Level Squish...
    All zones being end game is cool, but I really don't want them to abandon leveling.

Hey, some of us work hard to pull this stuff out of our asses