1. #36841
    Quote Originally Posted by AngerFork View Post
    My guess is that if the Dragonflight leak we got was legit (big IF, still not sure I buy it), some of it is based on old information & some of it may have been pared down since then. He had the wrong announcement date, so it's not like that leak is spot on as is.
    I don't buy it, at all. I completely acknowledge that its my own confirmation bias that wants me to believe it.

  2. #36842
    Pandaren Monk AngerFork's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Right behind you!
    Posts
    1,762
    Quote Originally Posted by ercarp View Post
    I made this as a rough concept of what I think the Dragon Isles should/could look like. I know it's not super innovative as it basically just combines the obvious ideas all into one, like having one zone for each dragonflight and including a Titan Facility (which is something everyone already expects).

    If I had more time, I could have tried to flesh it out with more info about raids, dungeons, quest hubs, etc. but I also don't think I'm very good at coming up with ideas like that. My only wish is that we get more Caverns of Time type stuff if there's a Bronze dragonflight zone.



    EDIT: Also, in hindsight, I'd probably swap the locations of some of these zones. Like maybe Blue dragonflight's zone should be in the center so the snow makes more sense (?) and Bronze dragonflight's zone should be where I placed the Green dragonflight's zone.
    Cool design, very nice!

    Out of curiosity, why did you opt for this specific map design? My initial thought looking at this is that they would perhaps line up in a similar fashion to how we see the dragonshrines aligned in Dragonblight, but this is a pretty cool design as well.

    Quote Originally Posted by draugril View Post
    I don't buy it, at all. I completely acknowledge that its my own confirmation bias that wants me to believe it.
    Heh, in that case I'll proudly share that confirmation bias with you. If I'm healing a Tinker & a Dragon Knight through a Bronze Dragon dungeon next expansion, I will be a very happy Resto Druid.

  3. #36843
    Quote Originally Posted by ercarp View Post
    I made this as a rough concept of what I think the Dragon Isles should/could look like. I know it's not super innovative as it basically just combines the obvious ideas all into one, like having one zone for each dragonflight and including a Titan Facility (which is something everyone already expects).

    If I had more time, I could have tried to flesh it out with more info about raids, dungeons, quest hubs, etc. but I also don't think I'm very good at coming up with ideas like that. My only wish is that we get more Caverns of Time type stuff if there's a Bronze dragonflight zone.

    [IMG]https://i.imgur.com/3K1cs76.png[IMG]

    EDIT: Also, in hindsight, I'd probably swap the locations of some of these zones. Like maybe Blue dragonflight's zone should be in the center so the snow makes more sense (?) and Bronze dragonflight's zone should be where I placed the Green dragonflight's zone.
    Not sure why Acherys is there? Feels like you added it just because it's what Legion did.

    Also, as much as I like Dalaran i really don't want another expansion where it's an expansion hub. Maybe have everyone be in Loreth'aran instead.



    Was pretty funny to have yet another of Deathwings secret lairs though. This has to be the third or fourth one, surely?
    The world revamp dream will never die!

  4. #36844
    The Red dragons would be thrilled to have Acherus so close after the DK mount quest...

    Also minor quibble but Loreth'Aran's ruins are partially located on Bloodmyst already.

  5. #36845
    Quote Originally Posted by ercarp View Post
    I made this as a rough concept of what I think the Dragon Isles should/could look like. I know it's not super innovative as it basically just combines the obvious ideas all into one, like having one zone for each dragonflight and including a Titan Facility (which is something everyone already expects).

    If I had more time, I could have tried to flesh it out with more info about raids, dungeons, quest hubs, etc. but I also don't think I'm very good at coming up with ideas like that. My only wish is that we get more Caverns of Time type stuff if there's a Bronze dragonflight zone.

    -SNIP-

    EDIT: Also, in hindsight, I'd probably swap the locations of some of these zones. Like maybe Blue dragonflight's zone should be in the center so the snow makes more sense (?) and Bronze dragonflight's zone should be where I placed the Green dragonflight's zone.
    Neat concept. I like that you went with the serpentine shape.

    I would of swapped Bronze and Blue / Red and Black. Icy mountains the feed into a lush forest and then grasslands it plausible. Black could also be mountainous but volcanic and extend into the wastes that become a desert.

  6. #36846
    I wanted to note another thing that the Dragonflight text leak got correct that nobody mentioned: Ebon Blade not being involved.

    This was months before 9.2 released and the end of the campaign where it was revealed the Ebon Blade was going back to Northrend/ICC instead of staying on EK to help with the Scourge, which many people assumed they would do OR the Scourge would be dealt with in SL (it wasn't).

    Also, the three Life themed Order Halls (Shaman, Monk and Druid are all tentatively connected) being absent from launch could be explained by future zones being Life themed, and so that is when they would get involved. Especially if the Lifelands are explored to some extent later on considering how Elune has a connection to the Dragons and the expansion seems to be Life/growth themed to an extent.
    Last edited by Minoradditions; 2022-04-05 at 05:08 PM.

  7. #36847
    Quote Originally Posted by ercarp View Post
    I made this as a rough concept of what I think the Dragon Isles should/could look like. I know it's not super innovative as it basically just combines the obvious ideas all into one, like having one zone for each dragonflight and including a Titan Facility (which is something everyone already expects).

    If I had more time, I could have tried to flesh it out with more info about raids, dungeons, quest hubs, etc. but I also don't think I'm very good at coming up with ideas like that. My only wish is that we get more Caverns of Time type stuff if there's a Bronze dragonflight zone.



    .
    Looks really cool, good work. Especially like the little islands conecting blue and black zones, fun concept.
    Also I like the idea of dragon expansion bringing us new desert zone with brown dragonflight. I'm a sucker for deserts.

  8. #36848
    Quote Originally Posted by MoFubuki13 View Post
    Hello everyone! I’ve been following the thread closely and, given how positive the reception has been, I thought I’d pop in just to confirm that Dragonflight is indeed the title of the next expansion! However, I would also encourage everyone to rein back their expectations a little, especially concerning the “leak thread” that coincidentally guessed the title. We do have ambitious plans, but not in the same direction.
    Shut the hell up with your stupid dev LARP.

  9. #36849
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahrad Wagner View Post


    Fixed that for you buddy I agree aside from Dalaran, which I think would go back to its crater, and Balor which is supposed to be much smaller



    Nah I saw all that!



    Oki cool so I haven't missed much, thanks guys! ♥
    Silverpine Forest is also part of Lordaeron.

  10. #36850
    imgur .com/a/rkQPOrX

    Does the shot of Eversong in Shattered Legacies cinematic add any credence to potential a "Quel'Thalas Update"? I understand it's a cinematic, but how much of the environment assets could have been used from any updated assets coming in 10.0 (9.2.5)?

  11. #36851
    Herald of the Titans Nightshade711's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Feb 2022
    Location
    K’aresh
    Posts
    2,889
    I’m hoping that the zones in next expansion are designed around flying. (Including making the zones much more expansive and not so packed kind of like how ZM is in a sense.)
    If they don’t give us direct flying from the start something similar to how Mechagon did flying would be great too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Chen isn't a Monk

  12. #36852
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashapls View Post
    imgur .com/a/rkQPOrX

    Does the shot of Eversong in Shattered Legacies cinematic add any credence to potential a "Quel'Thalas Update"? I understand it's a cinematic, but how much of the environment assets could have been used from any updated assets coming in 10.0 (9.2.5)?
    I can't tell if they updated the tree textures or not. However they used old human house models for that cinematic when we know there are brand new ones in the files, so I wouldn't count on the trees being new.

  13. #36853
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashapls View Post
    imgur .com/a/rkQPOrX

    Does the shot of Eversong in Shattered Legacies cinematic add any credence to potential a "Quel'Thalas Update"? I understand it's a cinematic, but how much of the environment assets could have been used from any updated assets coming in 10.0 (9.2.5)?
    Environment asserts rarely need to be updated much for cinematics, if any. Some quick touchups and a hazy background does wonders in making something seem better than it is.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

  14. #36854
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightshade711 View Post
    I’m hoping that the zones in next expansion are designed around flying. (Including making the zones much more expansive and not so packed kind of like how ZM is in a sense.)
    If they don’t give us direct flying from the start something similar to how Mechagon did flying would be great too.
    They should simply give us a chore list per zone of quests to do and places to go. Once complete, you are granted flying for that zone. Easy, simple. Once you've finished with the story and explored the zone, you're free to fly immediately for your world quests.

  15. #36855
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Environment asserts rarely need to be updated much for cinematics, if any. Some quick touchups and a hazy background does wonders in making something seem better than it is.
    They usually have been updating assets for the in-game cinematics, but only if it's up close. They updated Hyjal's textures for a small moment when Tyrande is visible in the opening cinematic (Leaders getting stolen), and Nathanos's house has a brand new model/textures in his death cinematic. At the same time Orgrimmar is still its ugly Cata self in the opening cinematic and as mentioned before the houses in the background for Shattered Legacies are the old models (but probably because they are in the background)

  16. #36856
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightshade711 View Post
    I’m hoping that the zones in next expansion are designed around flying. (Including making the zones much more expansive and not so packed kind of like how ZM is in a sense.)
    If they don’t give us direct flying from the start something similar to how Mechagon did flying would be great too.
    If they do that then they really need to rethink how flying actually works.
    Open world content is close to impossible to make if you need to simultaneously consider flying being available.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by draugril View Post
    They should simply give us a chore list per zone of quests to do and places to go. Once complete, you are granted flying for that zone. Easy, simple. Once you've finished with the story and explored the zone, you're free to fly immediately for your world quests.
    So long as flying works like it currently does all that will do is make open world content obsolete faster than ever.


    Maybe one day Blizzard will actually remake flying and make it a mechanic that actually has some gameplay attached, instead of being what amounts to a movement cheat code.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

  17. #36857
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    If they do that then they really need to rethink how flying actually works.
    Open world content is close to impossible to make if you need to simultaneously consider flying being available.

    - - - Updated - - -



    So long as flying works like it currently does all that will do is make open world content obsolete faster than ever.


    Maybe one day Blizzard will actually remake flying and make it a mechanic that actually has some gameplay attached, instead of being what amounts to a movement cheat code.
    Have we had any "leaks" that hint at a revamped flight system? I would suspect it will come up for leaks in the coming weeks now given the confirmed title.

  18. #36858
    Year of the...Hydra, huh? Like Chromatus. No indication it has anything to do with WoW by extension or is truly evidence but still interesting.

  19. #36859
    Quote Originally Posted by Vakir View Post
    Year of the...Hydra, huh? No indication it has anything to do with WoW by extension or is truly evidence but still interesting.
    If that's true then it's 100% a Chromatus reference, which backs up Dragonflight text leak even further. Even with the Dragonflight leak on here most fans don't know about Chromatus so it's a sneaky hint.

  20. #36860
    Quote Originally Posted by Dioporco View Post


    https://wow.zamimg.com/uploads/scree...mal/960686.jpg


    This should be the most "plausible" azeroth map with proper scaling

    with island expedition islands @Wangming
    God I love that map, it's so neat and professional!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •