It's not 100% by any means but it is fascinating in its timing.

Prior HS years haven't been indicative but...I mean, of course I'd love for that leak to be real. I'd appreciate being wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakir View Post
    It's not 100% by any means but it is fascinating in its timing.

Prior HS years haven't been indicative but...I mean, of course I'd love for that leak to be real. I'd appreciate being wrong.
    I think someone had mentioned that it was weird that they were taking a while to reveal the year's theme, which meant a good chance it linked up to the expansion reveal.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashapls View Post
    imgur .com/a/rkQPOrX

Does the shot of Eversong in Shattered Legacies cinematic add any credence to potential a "Quel'Thalas Update"? I understand it's a cinematic, but how much of the environment assets could have been used from any updated assets coming in 10.0 (9.2.5)?
    I don't think those are new assets. I could be wrong, though.

Quote Originally Posted by draugril View Post
    Have we had any "leaks" that hint at a revamped flight system? I would suspect it will come up for leaks in the coming weeks now given the confirmed title.
    Probably not seeing as revamped flying is one of those changes that are better for the game, but not immediately one that sounds great for the playerbase. And since leaks are usually poorly disguised fanfiction of things they want (or things they hate if they are doomleaking), it's rarely going to be mentioned.

But it sure would be great. Something that makes flying less OP and capable of not being chosen in all content, thereby making it a valid tool that can be given immediately at max level. And which is also actually inherently fun to use the same way flying tends to be in pretty much every other game.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Dioporco View Post
    it just made by a wow cartographer, i guess that a random poster on mmo c is right.

rofl

[IMG]

you are probably drunk because this is the size of "lordaeron"
    You realise that other map has a scale provided? Also, we do have lore sources for some distances. In particular, the two Alliance harbours in Northrend are 800 miles apart (ingame, it's maybe 8, probably less). So that "cartographer" didn't do a particularly good job.

Hoping we get some new world content in 9.2.5 or Shadowlands season 4. Zereth Mortis, while an amazing zone, is pretty much already spent in terms of world content. I was thinking they might be setting up for some holding back the scourge type WQ/Dailies in Northrend/Eastern Kingdoms with the dialogue from Bolvar/Darion.

Quote Originally Posted by Minoradditions View Post
    I think someone had mentioned that it was weird that they were taking a while to reveal the year's theme, which meant a good chance it linked up to the expansion reveal.
    That someone was Ersula so I wouldn't put a lot of stock.

Whether it's 3/5 or 4/5, it's still before 4/19, so it's still not a spoiler or indication pre-reveal. I wonder if it would be as big of a deal to us if not for Dragonflight leaking and putting dialogue exclusively on that one post.

That being said, remembering the new human houses, it does give some credence to the potential of a partial Lordaeron revamp which is another point for it, even if it's been requested for like 4 expansions now.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakir View Post
    That someone was Ersula so I wouldn't put a lot of stock.

Whether it's 3/5 or 4/5, it's still before 4/19, so it's still not a spoiler or indication pre-reveal. I wonder if it would be as big of a deal to us if not for Dragonflight leaking.

That being said, remembering the new human houses, it does give some credence to the potential of a partial Lordaeron revamp.
    Most of the stuff in the files lines up with the text leak aside from the update Nelf assets and Winter Queen gift. Nelves seem to be completely absent from the leak.

HS zodiac have nothing to do with WoW. They only vaguely relate to one or more of the expansions that year.

2016 Kraken
    2017 Mammoth
    2018 Raven
    2019 Dragon
    2020 Phoenix
    2021 Gryphon
    Last edited by Khaza-R; 2022-04-05 at 05:34 PM.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone else hoping for this info being dated with Blizzard considering all flaws of these microcalsses/skins and remaking them into an actual fourth specs?

Dragon Knight. Only one tank spec. Uses two-handed weapons, fire, plate armor and shouts.
    Tinker class. Only one damage-dealer spec. Uses guns, mail armor, gadgets and mech suits.
    Minstrel class. Only one healer spec. Uses leather, lutes, violins and panflutes.
    Chronomancer class. Only one healer spec. Uses cloth, time magic, and sand magic.
    Dark Ranger skin for Hunters. Dark spell effects. Tames undead instead of animals.
    Necromancer skin for Warlocks. Plagues instead of curses. Summons undead instead of demons.
    Nightmare skin for Druids. Corrupted spell effects and animal forms. Can unlock wildly different forms (that play the same as normal druids) like snakes and spiders.
    Dragonsworn skin for Shamans. Draconic spell effects and forms.
    Warden skin for Demon Hunters. Uses arcane and holy magic instead of fel.

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrad Wagner View Post
    God I love that map, it's so neat and professional!
    Sadly, it only looks that way. Apparently they used the in-game scales for everything, so it's actually all over the place since the maps are not all scaled the same in-game.

Quote Originally Posted by Harbour View Post
    Anyone else hoping for this info being dated with Blizzard considering all flaws of these microcalsses/skins and remaking them into an actual fourth specs?
    What flaws exist? Nobody was clamoring for 3 Dark Ranger/Tinker specs. How would a bard attack people?

These microclasses and skins likely are only happening because they couldn't flesh them out into three specs.

Can you imagine Blizz struggling to make a Dark Ranger class set every tier? How many times can you design the same thing? Hunter sets are bad enough already, but imagine 300000 sets of "hunter with MORE skulls" on them.
    Last edited by Minoradditions; 2022-04-05 at 05:37 PM.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    If they do that then they really need to rethink how flying actually works.
    Open world content is close to impossible to make if you need to simultaneously consider flying being available.
    Of course there are zones like Revendreth, but for some people first obstacle will cause to scream "wheeeeeeere is flying". But I have feeling that flying in 10.0 will be dealt similar to 9.2. Available few weeks into patch for some exploration non-grind achievs and max level story chapter. People that were die hard for no-flying are really quiet last few expacs. On top of that with the name, you know, Dragonflight, Blizzard would risk a lot of mocking from community first few months.

As for future, I dream about changing war mode on into some kind of heroic world mode, with PVP, unique rewards, much harder world. Pernament no-flying would be perfect there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    It could easily work this way. With Mage / Warlock / Priest you can unlock Chronomancer. With Shaman and Hunter you unlock Tinker etc.
    Oh no you didn't!
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Dioporco View Post
    it just made by a wow cartographer, i guess that a random poster on mmo c is right.

rofl

you are probably drunk because this is the size of "lordaeron"
    Lordaeron as a region technically consists everything from coast-to-coast of upper Eastern Kingdoms above Fenris and including some of the adjacent parts. All of the Plaguelands, at least some of Silverpine (all of it post-WC3 thanks to the Greymane Wall), Tirisfal and most of Hillsbrad (it's unclear how much of it belonged to Alterac and possibly Stromgarde). This map is certainly too small.

Lordearon can also refer to a continent consisting the northern half of the Eastern Kingdoms (remember that the Eastern Kingdoms are actually three continents—Azeroth, Khaz Modan, and Lordaeron), in which case this would extend to likely everything north of Dun Morogh. Realistically, I expect a Lordaeron revamp could be anywhere from both Plaguelands to the entirety of the Kingdom's territories (though I doubt they'd do the whole upper continent). It also depends on if we're getting a whole "Lordaeron" zone or multiple zones consisting the Lordaeron revamp, which could possibly mean more zones (i.e. Tirisfal, Eastweald, whatever the Western Plaguelands used to be called, Hillsbrad, possibly Silverpine or even Alterac even though that was the territory of another kingdom).

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Minoradditions View Post
    I wanted to note another thing that the Dragonflight text leak got correct that nobody mentioned: Ebon Blade not being involved.

This was months before 9.2 released and the end of the campaign where it was revealed the Ebon Blade was going back to Northrend/ICC instead of staying on EK to help with the Scourge, which many people assumed they would do OR the Scourge would be dealt with in SL (it wasn't).

Also, the three Life themed Order Halls (Shaman, Monk and Druid are all tentatively connected) being absent from launch could be explained by future zones being Life themed, and so that is when they would get involved. Especially if the Lifelands are explored to some extent later on considering how Elune has a connection to the Dragons and the expansion seems to be Life/growth themed to an extent.
    Why would they be? It's not like they have anything to do with dragons.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    That scale is completely off. Northrend is less than half the size. Lordaeron would be incredibly huge, especially for it's supposed type of government. Arthas would have had to travel for weeks to get places, not days. All the expedition islands, as well as Zandalar and Kul Tiras, are also excessively large.

Looks like the creator just went with what "sounds right" without actually checking how big that would really be. Like G. R. R. Martins 700 foot wall. Lordaeron is nearly the size of the US on that map. Dalaran would be over 50 miles diameter.
    Agreed. Realistically, I imagine Lordaeron as a continent is the size of western Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    Why would they be? It's not like they have anything to do with dragons.
    Neither do the Order Halls in the text leak, aside from connections between the Blues/Kirin Tor and Wrathion/The Uncrowned.

If you were going to bring up Order Halls instead of Dragonflights, why would you not add the Dreamweavers who are also connected to dragons, moreso than the two I mentioned? And stuff like the Black Harvest instead of Ebon Blade is a weird pull because the Ebon Blade are back to being important and also untethered from the Lich King as of Shadowlands.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Of course there are zones like Revendreth, but for some people first obstacle will cause to scream "wheeeeeeere is flying". But I have feeling that flying in 10.0 will be dealt similar to 9.2. Available few weeks into patch for some exploration non-grind achievs and max level story chapter. People that were die hard for no-flying are really quiet last few expacs. On top of that with the name, you know, Dragonflight, Blizzard would risk a lot of mocking from community first few months.

As for future, I dream about changing war mode on into some kind of heroic world mode, with PVP, unique rewards, much harder world. Pernament no-flying would be perfect there.
    Being quiet about flying doesn't really mean much when the open world design has been heavily leaning into flying being detrimental.

There is no possible way we have flying available with current mechanics and availability, and also for the world design to not take a massive hit from it.

The lack of flying frees up so much design space. You can have more variation in ground only mounts, more mechanics centered around staying on the ground, toys and consumables that give pseudo-flight.
    You can have jumping puzzles, or inaccessible ledges. Secrets that require jumping down, or even just fun Easter eggs like the mountaintops in BfA.

And really it's all down to the current version of flying being antithetical to good game design. There is nothing for flying to brush up against designwise, which means there is nothing the developers can do to make flying integrated into the game, other than setting aside areas where it straight up doesn't work.

But hopefully flying could be revamped. I would absolutely love to have a flying dragon isles where I can have a fun activity of getting between places without I feeling like a foregone conclusion.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

What if we get a revamped Stratholme?