1. #36881
    Quote Originally Posted by Tusks r cool View Post
    What if we get a revamped Stratholme?
    That would be real cool. That or Scholomance as a raid or Megadungeon would be great.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

  2. #36882
    Quote Originally Posted by Vakir View Post
    Year of the...Hydra, huh? Like Chromatus. No indication it has anything to do with WoW by extension or is truly evidence but still interesting.
    Notice how the devs said the second Hearthstone expansion for 2022 had to do with something specific to what was going on in World of Warcraft right now & now the Year of the Hydra video conspicuously lacks the visual teaser for the other two expansions that's become a staple of these videos? Nothing to see here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    Why would they be? It's not like they have anything to do with dragons.
    They said there is increased recusant Scourge activity in Northrend & anytime we're not looking the Scourge are attempting to unearth Galkarond's bones in the Dragonblight?
    Last edited by Ersula; 2022-04-05 at 05:52 PM.

  3. #36883
    Quote Originally Posted by Tusks r cool View Post
    What if we get a revamped Stratholme?
    Stratholme is more likely to be the capital for Forsaken/Calia than Lordaeron City, unless they massively increase the size of LC in a revamp. If they make it an HD version of Wrath Stratholme they can use the revamped human buildings.

    I can see them swapping the dungeon to the bombed Undercity. And the Scarlet dungeon could be moved near their encampments in EPL.

  4. #36884
    Pandaren Monk AngerFork's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Right behind you!
    Posts
    1,763
    Quote Originally Posted by Tusks r cool View Post
    What if we get a revamped Stratholme?
    I've liked the idea of Strat being the new Forsaken home for a while now. It would remove the Calia as royalty issue as the kingdom would no longer be Lordaeron (though still would encompass many of it's citizens). It would give some distance from Gilneas & the Worgen while still giving a city that has dealt strongly with the Scourge. And it would allow them to properly create a new identity all their own in the post Sylvanas era.

  5. #36885
    Quote Originally Posted by Minoradditions View Post
    Stratholme is more likely to be the capital for Forsaken/Calia than Lordaeron City, unless they massively increase the size of LC in a revamp. If they make it an HD version of Wrath Stratholme they can use the revamped human buildings.

    I can see them swapping the dungeon to the bombed Undercity. And the Scarlet dungeon could be moved near their encampments in EPL.
    That would be cool; I'd love to see the fires of Stratholme put out.

  6. #36886
    Elemental Lord Makabreska's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Streets Strange by Moonlight
    Posts
    8,932
    Quote Originally Posted by Tusks r cool View Post
    What if we get a revamped Stratholme?
    Cool, but if we go by how outdated some places are, Dire Maul takes the cake.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

  7. #36887
    Quote Originally Posted by AngerFork View Post
    I've liked the idea of Strat being the new Forsaken home for a while now. It would remove the Calia as royalty issue as the kingdom would no longer be Lordaeron (though still would encompass many of it's citizens). It would give some distance from Gilneas & the Worgen while still giving a city that has dealt strongly with the Scourge. And it would allow them to properly create a new identity all their own in the post Sylvanas era.
    Also... I wouldn't mind the possibility of the Undercity going full Necropolis and actually rising out of the ground in a Dalaran-esque redux. Relocate wherever they want.

  8. #36888
    Quote Originally Posted by Minoradditions View Post
    What flaws exist? Nobody was clamoring for 3 Dark Ranger/Tinker specs. How would a bard attack people?

    These microclasses and skins likely are only happening because they couldn't flesh them out into three specs.

    Can you imagine Blizz struggling to make a Dark Ranger class set every tier? How many times can you design the same thing? Hunter sets are bad enough already, but imagine 300000 sets of "hunter with MORE skulls" on them.
    100% this. Also it would be awkward as fuck when they've already given Hunter T19 Mythic (a clear dark ranger set), the Dark Ranger cowl quest, have Dark Rangers in the Hunter Order Hall, the tame undead beast thing in Shadowlands... then go woops actually it's not a hunter at all, it's it's own thing.

    It's a hunter, plain and simple. I also thought at one point they could make it it's own class, but they've committed too many toys and cosmetics to hunter to achieve Dark Ranger, there's really no going back now.

    It's like you said about they couldn't flesh things out... like look at Hunter right now. Beast Mastery and Marksman are clearly defined but they are having a hell of a time trying to figure out what the hell Survival is. Imagine then trying to generate 3 other "Ranger" gameplay specs when they're unable to clearly define 3 for hunter.

  9. #36889
    BTW, not sure this was mentioned, but in the Dragonflight text leak it mentions that Warden can use arcane/holy spells. Arcane makes sense for the Nelf Wardens but not so much the holy spells...

    But they DID add a new warglaive for Belves that is currently inaccessible and was not added in 9.2.5.



    Could the Warden skin for Belf DHs be a Silvermoon spellblade type thing? That would explain why a Warden is using holy spells: it's a Blood Elf!

  10. #36890
    Bloodsail Admiral Sharby's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    1,155
    Quote Originally Posted by AngerFork View Post
    I've liked the idea of Strat being the new Forsaken home for a while now. It would remove the Calia as royalty issue as the kingdom would no longer be Lordaeron (though still would encompass many of it's citizens). It would give some distance from Gilneas & the Worgen while still giving a city that has dealt strongly with the Scourge. And it would allow them to properly create a new identity all their own in the post Sylvanas era.
    Thinking of another Ragefire Chasm type dungeon inside where you have to go into a locked district of the city away from all the civilians to clean up the remainder of the scourge that were too powerful for the guards to handle.
    Honorary member of the Baine Fanclub, the only member really.

  11. #36891
    Quote Originally Posted by draugril View Post
    Also... I wouldn't mind the possibility of the Undercity going full Necropolis and actually rising out of the ground in a Dalaran-esque redux. Relocate wherever they want.
    I think part of the reason Undercity was bombed is that they can't figure out how to do an HD version of the oldschool Cult of the Damned aesthetic. Look at how Maldraxxus does its own thing and isn't made to be repurposed. We have yet to see a single HD structure for any pre-Wrath scourge stuff.

    EPL's mushrooms and all the old Scourge stuff will probably be removed in a revamp because they are too difficult to translate properly to HD, and also to reflect how the Ghostlands and EPL have healed over time.

  12. #36892
    Quote Originally Posted by Minoradditions View Post
    BTW, not sure this was mentioned, but in the Dragonflight text leak it mentions that Warden can use arcane/holy spells. Arcane makes sense for the Nelf Wardens but not so much the holy spells...

    But they DID add a new warglaive for Belves that is currently inaccessible and was not added in 9.2.5.



    Could the Warden skin for Belf DHs be a Silvermoon spellblade type thing? That would explain why a Warden is using holy spells: it's a Blood Elf!
    But why would they be reskinned Demon Hunters other than the use of glaives? Where's the overlap between Blood Elf Spellbreakers and Night Elf Wardens? Why would the name "Warden", which is associated with what are generally just heavily-armored Rogues be used for a Spellbreaker-esque class? And, as with my reservation with Night Elf Wardens, how would they double-jump? I could maybe imagine it being a weird cape effect for Night Elf Wardens, but for Blood Elf Spellbreakers I can't see anything. And what would be the Metamorphosis? I could imagine an Avatar of Vengeance for Night Elf Wardens, but not Blood Elf Spellbreakers.

    Furthermore, I also went over all the many things wrong with the Night Elf Warden idea. The whole concept is fishy to me.

  13. #36893
    The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    World of Wisconsin
    Posts
    37,280
    Quote Originally Posted by Minoradditions View Post
    What flaws exist? Nobody was clamoring for 3 Dark Ranger/Tinker specs. How would a bard attack people?

    These microclasses and skins likely are only happening because they couldn't flesh them out into three specs.

    Can you imagine Blizz struggling to make a Dark Ranger class set every tier? How many times can you design the same thing? Hunter sets are bad enough already, but imagine 300000 sets of "hunter with MORE skulls" on them.
    The flaw is simple.

    You know how everyone has whined since Legion about how they have to repeat their AP/Rep/Campaign grinds on every single alt they have?

    Now take away the ability to respec have have hybrids.

    They just made a self-inflicted problem 400% worse.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

  14. #36894
    Quote Originally Posted by Minoradditions View Post
    How would a bard attack people?
    You people really have never even heard of D&D, huh? You might want to check it out since Warcraft lifted more than half its lore from it.
    Last edited by Ersula; 2022-04-05 at 06:01 PM.

  15. #36895
    Quote Originally Posted by Minoradditions View Post
    EPL's mushrooms and all the old Scourge stuff will probably be removed in a revamp because they are too difficult to translate properly to HD
    I immensely doubt that it would be too difficult to translate "giant mushroom" and "spooky temple" to the new texture qualities.

  16. #36896
    I am Murloc! Wangming's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Not Azeroth
    Posts
    5,389
    Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    Notice how the devs said the second Hearthstone expansion for 2022 had to do with something specific to what was going on in World of Warcraft right now & now the Year of the Hydra video conspicuously lacks the visual teaser for the other two expansions that's become a staple of these videos? Nothing to see here.
    They said there is increased recusant Scourge activity in Northrend & anytime we're not looking the Scourge are attempting to unearth Galkarond's bones in the Dragonblight?
    That's interesting. But Hearthstone had a Dragon expansion (and year) not that long ago. It is too quick to do another. I don't think world revamp can be a subject to a card game so......a new class maybe?

    As for Northrend and the Scourge? I guess you have a point there. I'm just saying nothing about the Ebon Blade really screams dragon expansion so them not being mentioned in the leak does not make it more credible. Though if they were given a role I would be more dismissive.

  17. #36897
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    The flaw is simple.

    You know how everyone has whined since Legion about how they have to repeat their AP/Rep/Campaign grinds on every single alt they have?

    Now take away the ability to respec have have hybrids.

    They just made a self-inflicted problem 400% worse.
    Maybe this finally pulls the trigger on making more things account wide.

    But that's copium. This isn't real.

  18. #36898
    Quote Originally Posted by Le Conceptuel View Post
    I immensely doubt that it would be too difficult to translate "giant mushroom" and "spooky temple" to the new texture qualities.
    I would agree, but they haven't done it since vanilla. Not even Wrath COTD stuff looked much different and in Cata they just reused old models.

  19. #36899
    Quote Originally Posted by Minoradditions View Post
    I would agree, but they haven't done it since vanilla. Not even Wrath COTD stuff looked much different and in Cata they just reused old models.
    That's just because there was no necessity for it. Wrath was before texture qualities changed dramatically and Cataclysm mostly reused old models in general. Plus, there are some elements of Maldraxxus that could be reused, I think.

  20. #36900
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    Sheesh, i hope dragon isles is not besides easter kingdom, seems like all places are there, its becoming bloated, kalindor side of the ocean is too empty
    That is the spot were old RPG books put them.

    Granted those all are non-canon, but usually blizz has stuck to the RPG book locations when introducing zones from them.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •