Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    That's interesting. But Hearthstone had a Dragon expansion (and year) not that long ago. It is too quick to do another. I don't think world revamp can be a subject to a card game so......a new class maybe?
    Chromatus closely resembles a hydra. Pretty sure that is the idea, as there isn't much of a connection between Dragons and Hydras otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    The flaw is simple.

You know how everyone has whined since Legion about how they have to repeat their AP/Rep/Campaign grinds on every single alt they have?

Now take away the ability to respec have have hybrids.

They just made a self-inflicted problem 400% worse.
    Because of this problem you indicated, I'm almost positive these "single spec micro classes" are just going to be 4th specs for existing classes based on armor type and theme. That would solve that issue.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Minoradditions View Post
    BTW, not sure this was mentioned, but in the Dragonflight text leak it mentions that Warden can use arcane/holy spells. Arcane makes sense for the Nelf Wardens but not so much the holy spells...

But they DID add a new warglaive for Belves that is currently inaccessible and was not added in 9.2.5.

Could the Warden skin for Belf DHs be a Silvermoon spellblade type thing? That would explain why a Warden is using holy spells: it's a Blood Elf!
    That actually makes a lot of sense because the DH skin for Blood Elves being also Warden (which is pretty much exclusively a Night Elf themed class) would be very strange.

Only thing I'm a bit iffy on is that these Blood Elves seem to be off-handing shields? Unless you meant that they would dual-wield these glaives, which could still work (but I want Spellbreakers, dammit!).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Le Conceptuel View Post
    I immensely doubt that it would be too difficult to translate "giant mushroom" and "spooky temple" to the new texture qualities.
    We literally have it right now in Maldraxxus.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Probably not seeing as revamped flying is one of those changes that are better for the game, but not immediately one that sounds great for the playerbase. And since leaks are usually poorly disguised fanfiction of things they want (or things they hate if they are doomleaking), it's rarely going to be mentioned.

But it sure would be great. Something that makes flying less OP and capable of not being chosen in all content, thereby making it a valid tool that can be given immediately at max level. And which is also actually inherently fun to use the same way flying tends to be in pretty much every other game.
    I've found that the more I want to believe a leak, the less stock I put in its legitimacy.

5+ Year Old Account
    I would agree, but they haven't done it since vanilla. Not even Wrath COTD stuff looked much different and in Cata they just reused old models.
    So maybe its time for them to step up their game.

Before anyone suggests Warden like a real class: What does a Warden do? What skills would it offer the game besides stuff Rogues & Warriors already do? At least Tinker & Bard or even Dragonkin would be unique & come from a deep creative well. A Warden class is just...... Elf cops

Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    So maybe its time for them to step up their game.
    I would agree if there was a place for the COTD to step in. But if the main enemy of the Plaguelands is the Scarlets and the area is getting revamped, where would they go?

I could see them being put in the Ghostlands (the Scourge could be the conquerors of SMC, ala WC3) but otherwise? Where would they even go?

Quote Originally Posted by ercarp View Post
    That actually makes a lot of sense because the DH skin for Blood Elves being also Warden (which is pretty much exclusively a Night Elf themed class) would be very strange.

Only thing I'm a bit iffy on is that these Blood Elves seem to be off-handing shields? Unless you meant that they would dual-wield these glaives, which could still work (but I want Spellbreakers, dammit!).
    What would replace Metamorphosis? How would they double-jump? What would Eye Beams become?

5+ Year Old Account
    Chromatus closely resembles a hydra. Pretty sure that is the idea, as there isn't much of a connection between Dragons and Hydras otherwise.
    That is true but I feel that is a rather weak reason to hide entire expansions. It's not like the two version of Y'sharj we got hinted at anything at all. Or the Death Knight version of every hero.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vakir View Post
    Maybe this finally pulls the trigger on making more things account wide.

But that's copium. This isn't real.
    Yeah no I'm 99% sure that leak is bupkus.

But indeed if they do do it then they need to embrace how FF14 handles classes. Meaning making everything short of EXP account-wide.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    Before anyone suggests Warden like a real class: What does a Warden do? What skills would it offer the game besides stuff Rogues & Warriors already do? At least Tinker & Bard or even Dragonkin would be unique & come from a deep creative well. A Warden class is just...... Elf cops
    Glaives. It's just glaives. The only reason they would be doing this is because of all the people screaming for them to unlock glaives: they would rather just make a skin for DHs then readjust other class melee animations to include glaive animations.

Quote Originally Posted by Harbour View Post
    Anyone else hoping for this info being dated with Blizzard considering all flaws of these microcalsses/skins and remaking them into an actual fourth specs?
    No; 4th specs are awful, just give us something simple and new to play without relying on the flavor of existing classes.

5+ Year Old Account
    I would agree if there was a place for the COTD to step in. But if the main enemy of the Plaguelands is the Scarlets and the area is getting revamped, where would they go?

I could see them being put in the Ghostlands (the Scourge could be the conquerors of SMC, ala WC3) but otherwise? Where would they even go?
    Anywhere. They've had months to figure out this exact problem.

What would replace Metamorphosis? How would they double-jump? What would Eye Beams become?
    Meta for the Nelves would be the big ghost thing Maiev and Sira do. Belves unsure but probably the same.

Double jump is not tied to anything but athleticism with DHs.

Eye beams is the big question.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Sadly, it only looks that way. Apparently they used the in-game scales for everything, so it's actually all over the place since the maps are not all scaled the same in-game.
    That's what I realised afterwards and also a lot of important cities are missing...

Quote Originally Posted by Zankai27 View Post
    No; 4th specs are awful, just give us something simple and new to play without relying on the flavor of existing classes.
    They're not going to commit to balancing a new class in perpetuity just so it can be "simple & new"

Meta for the Nelves would be the big ghost thing Maiev and Sira do. Belves unsure but probably the same.

My point is that it's generally impossible to make work. Wardens and DHs have no reasonable similarities—Night Elf Wardens are essentially just Rogues, down to almost every ability they have save for Blink (and even then Subtlety Rogues have limited teleportation).

?? Double jump is tied to vestigial wings used for gliding.

Avatar of Vengeance, maybe. Special Blink double jump. And maybe come up with like a Penance Stare thing like Ghost Rider has? (Though without any paralyzing or the like)