1. #37741
    I would be inclined to think so, or at least something that it's a reorganization of something that already exists rather than a new system. I feel that we wouldn't get hints about a new system through the UI developers, right?

    So a Login Screen overhaul could be it, maybe an Allied Races/Core Races organization overhaul? What other UI elements could be changed wityhout being perceived as a new system?
    I wouldn't get too excited about the UI stuff. It's just the new in-game overlay for controller/console support.

  2. #37742
    The Unstoppable Force Chickat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Orgrimmar
    Posts
    20,674
    Quote Originally Posted by Jokubas View Post
    I guess I'm not saying that Guild Halls shouldn't exist at all, but that player housing that any player can have and enjoy without having to answer to anyone else is a must.

    For the most part I think Lord of the Rings Online's neighborhoods is the way to go, with the decoration system of another game. I wouldn't mind something like, each Neighborhood has a huge castle/mansion slot that can only be purchased by a guild, and people can have apartments there, but everyone being able to have a house independently from that is a must. Not just because it makes the feature more relevant for more people more easily, but because that makes anything that cascades from that system (like earning decorations) meaningful for everyone as well.

    Speaking of Lord of the Rings Online, they had neighborhoods for... what? Each starting area, and they've added a couple since?

    One of the things I've been bracing myself for with a World of Warcraft housing system since forever, is that it'll launch with just "Alliance" (Stormwind) and "Horde" (Orgrimmar) variants, and maybe get a weird, expansion-specific option every once and awhile. Of course, the proliferation of Allied Races has made something like "a neighborhood type for each race" a bit crazy, but it would be nice to at least launch with options themed for the original launch races at minimum, just to give some real variety.
    Player housing should exist first, and guild halls can be added the following expansion as a build on to housing. Player housing should come first and be top priority.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Everyone Imagine this scenario.

    10.0 Dragon Isles.
    Full World Revamp for EK and Kal. World quests added to most of the old world.
    Player housing.
    Logging and Carpentry prof.
    New Class.
    New Dragonkin race.
    Dragon Isles floating zone. 6 zones. 1 titan facility zone in the center.
    Massive Profession rework.
    Archeology and Fishing Revamp.

    Super unrealistic, but that's the kind of expansion WOW needs and deserves IMO. I would cream.

  3. #37743
    I rather think Dragonflight is gonna be their mobile game. That would be funny.

  4. #37744
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulggun View Post
    I rather think Dragonflight is gonna be their mobile game. That would be funny.
    All I can think of is a Flappy Bird reskin.
    Oh wait, they did that already.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

  5. #37745
    Quote Originally Posted by Local Ardenweald Faerie View Post
    It is very, very obvious that all the "end of a chapter" lines and what not from Blizzard were purely to capitalize on the hype of Endwalker which was actually the end of a saga.

    No conspiracy here, it's in Blizzard's book. Just look at all of the times they announced or released something on or near the release of something that threatened to pull away players.
    I mean, Blizzard used this exact same marketing technique in 2011 when MoP was announced and they characterized the end of Cata as the end of a cycle of destruction and MoP as "a new chapter", and this sort of marketing has been used extensively in media for decades, but no, you're right. They must have just figured out that talking about ends and beginnings is a viable approach because Square Enix did it in 2021.

  6. #37746
    Quote Originally Posted by wackotaco View Post
    I wouldn't get too excited about the UI stuff. It's just the new in-game overlay for controller/console support.
    I dont think they would show something like this on the expansion reveal. It has to be connected to either a feature, system or a big overhaul.
    So either
    - microclass system / class change
    - new profession system
    - housing
    - new UI (overall, actionbars etc)

  7. #37747
    Pretty much this, I think. As far as I can tell the only "evidence" that Dragonflight is an expansion is the collector's edition, etc, on that site. Maybe Blizzard will innovate again and be the 1st company to sell multiple editions of a mobile game? That would be funny indeed.

  8. #37748
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    New engine confirmed.
    Woopsies, my bad.


    I was referring to the cross-game engine they're making for D4 etc that WoW already uses parts of, I don't think it'll magically be done for WoW come 10.0 but that would be cool!

  9. #37749
    High Overlord Ansi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Argent Dawn EU
    Posts
    180
    I’m taking note that Alexstraszas humanoid form is that of a high elf as described in the novel Before the Storm.

  10. #37750
    Quote Originally Posted by bdna View Post
    Pretty much this, I think. As far as I can tell the only "evidence" that Dragonflight is an expansion is the collector's edition, etc, on that site. Maybe Blizzard will innovate again and be the 1st company to sell multiple editions of a mobile game? That would be funny indeed.
    Its inevitably going to work its way into a 6 month sub promotion or some type of bundle anyway.

  11. #37751
    Knight of the Astral Star Local Ardenweald Faerie's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Mar 2022
    Location
    Tìrna Rionnagan
    Posts
    442
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    I mean, Blizzard used this exact same marketing technique in 2011 when MoP was announced and they characterized the end of Cata as the end of a cycle of destruction and MoP as "a new chapter", and this sort of marketing has been used extensively in media for decades, but no, you're right. They must have just figured out that talking about ends and beginnings is a viable approach because Square Enix did it in 2021.
    See, you are right but you're also wrong.

    It's all about timing. You have to admit that the timing in this case is a bit suspicious given the rapidly falling subscriber numbers, the whole controversy, and the rising popularity and marketing of 14.

  12. #37752
    I am Murloc! Wangming's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Not Azeroth
    Posts
    5,389
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Player housing should exist first, and guild halls can be added the following expansion as a build on to housing. Player housing should come first and be top priority.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Everyone Imagine this scenario.

    10.0 Dragon Isles.
    Full World Revamp for EK and Kal. World quests added to most of the old world.
    Player housing.
    Logging and Carpentry prof.
    New Class.
    New Dragonkin race.
    Dragon Isles floating zone. 6 zones. 1 titan facility zone in the center.
    Massive Profession rework.
    Archeology and Fishing Revamp.

    Super unrealistic, but that's the kind of expansion WOW needs and deserves IMO. I would cream.
    Make it Naga and we have a deal. I mean they do look a bit draconis, especially the males.

  13. #37753
    Scarab Lord ercarp's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Suramar
    Posts
    4,919
    Sorry if I'm late, but did anyone catch this in the recent blog post?

    Save the date! The future is coming for World of Warcraft on April 19. The WoW dev team is excited to show off what they’ve been working on and where your next adventures in Azeroth will take you!
    The future is coming, huh? Sounds like Infinite dragonflight shenanigans to me.

    I'm only being semi-serious because there isn't anything else to do besides overanalyze the wording in a blog post.

  14. #37754
    I am Murloc! Wangming's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Not Azeroth
    Posts
    5,389
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulggun View Post
    I rather think Dragonflight is gonna be their mobile game. That would be funny.
    As unlikely as it is, with CE versions, if Dragonflight turned out to be the mobile game, I would laugh my ass off.

  15. #37755
    Quote Originally Posted by ercarp View Post
    Sorry if I'm late, but did anyone catch this in the recent blog post?



    The future is coming, huh? Sounds like Infinite dragonflight shenanigans to me.

    I'm only being semi-serious because there isn't anything else to do besides overanalyze the wording in a blog post.

    I am sure it would spark a good 20 pages of back and forth over a certain t-word. So probably best if it goes unnoticed.

  16. #37756
    Scarab Lord ercarp's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Suramar
    Posts
    4,919
    Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    As unlikely as it is, with CE versions, if Dragonflight turned out to be the mobile game, I would laugh my ass off.
    Mobile game with a Collector's Edition... Yeah, that would be a sight to see.

  17. #37757
    I am Murloc! Wangming's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Not Azeroth
    Posts
    5,389
    Quote Originally Posted by ercarp View Post
    Sorry if I'm late, but did anyone catch this in the recent blog post?



    The future is coming, huh? Sounds like Infinite dragonflight shenanigans to me.

    I'm only being semi-serious because there isn't anything else to do besides overanalyze the wording in a blog post.
    Well the infinite are a possible villain group. Like there aren't many who thematically fit as antagnoists. Chromatus, Murozond, Galakrond. And we are pretty much done. Or yet another villain who wasn't established before.

  18. #37758
    Scarab Lord ercarp's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Suramar
    Posts
    4,919
    Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    I am sure it would spark a good 20 pages of back and forth over a certain t-word. So probably best if it goes unnoticed.
    Because it said our next adventures are in Azeroth? As in, inside it?! Undermine, anyone? Azjol-Nerub? No?

  19. #37759
    I am Murloc! Wangming's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Not Azeroth
    Posts
    5,389
    Quote Originally Posted by ercarp View Post
    Mobile game with a Collector's Edition... Yeah, that would be a sight to see.
    Oh for sure me replacing Danuser has a bigger chance than this. But that's what would make it so funny.

  20. #37760
    Mechagnome Akta's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Milano, Italy
    Posts
    660
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulggun View Post
    I rather think Dragonflight is gonna be their mobile game. That would be funny.
    The mobile game wll be warcraft related, WORLD of warcraft is just the MMO
    ...Le Poète est semblable au prince des nuées
    Qui hante la tempête e se rit de l'archer;
    Exilé sul le sol au milieu des huées,
    Ses ailes de géant l'empêchent de marcher.

    Charles Baudelaire

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •