Quote Originally Posted by Shadowlands-is-fake View Post
    It was confirmed that they're working on 2 mobile games last year in February, and we assumed as much even before that due to job postings and dev quotes at BlizzCon.
    blurp blah blah…

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    People have been asking for a mobile game to do pet battles for years now.
    more blurp

- - snip - -

the reality is: mobile games make better revenues. more profit. perfect for greedy comapnies. because you can way better grab ppls money by smart cash grab systems. mobile gaming is only there, as a transport medium for smart cash grab systems. look at hearthsone and others. how do you think Blizz made money with it? and how high do you think, the development costs of a game like HS is? in comparison to WoW or maybe Overwatch ?

do a poll. ask 10.000 wow players if they wanna either a) a better wow pc game (a well done xpac) or b) a warcraft mobile game. i pay you 100 pizzas, when you get better results than 85/15…
    Last edited by Niwes; 2022-04-08 at 07:23 PM.

If we get Dragon Isles I hope it stays true to the WC2 iteration. The whole expansion takes place on the body of a continent-sized dragon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by deviantcultist View Post
    Sounds like "united in a single Dragonflight" kind of shenanigans.
    Elune Moon Dragon White Dragonflight theory coming together nicely.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakir View Post
    Hard disagree. The dragon in Aszuna and the Withered were side plots compared to the first leg of the zone but they took the majority of the duration. The Nightmare had way more presence than the Legion in Val'sharah, though obviously there is somewhat of an alliance happening. The Drogbar and Maela's deal are more the focus of Highmountain story than the Feltotem, and while Stormheim leans on the predication that Skovald is working with the Legion, it's themed way more strongly around Vrykul culture and Helya.

Suramar is about the Nightborne leadership making a deal with the Legion...but up until the Inquisition developments in 7.1, it's largely about their culture and addiction rather than just "lol demons."

The Legion is seeded into all of it, but it's not just a big green fucking shitmark all over every zone and crams itself into every corner. Just like Northrend or Pandaria had diverse threats that weren't just Arthas or the Sha/Garrosh plot. The big bad focus strengthened over time to avoid burnout (or had a break in the Thunder King's case).

Theoretically, the best version of Dragonflight will have dragons take a bit of a backseat until the later patches that ramp it up.
    Dragonflight to dragon isles being the opening part of the game (sort of like the extended intro into draenor where they introduce all the warlords and..honestly that epic escape at the end this is my world is still memorable), then the zones themselves having their own plots and stuff (while still having dragons everywhere) is highly likely. That's pretty much what every expansion has done.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ercarp View Post
    Elune Moon Dragon White Dragonflight theory coming together nicely.
    YEsssss pls

"White Dragon" will never be a thing for obvious reasons

Erasing faction diversity for solidarity is one strike.

The magic color for unity being WHITE is fifty more strikes...

It will be the Prismatic/Lunar flight if anything.

WoW could be lazy and copy GW2 and have a Prismatic Dragonflight.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakir View Post
    Take the damn L. Literally for once. "Whoops, I messed up, my bad."
    There was also a Dragonflight expansion "leak" during WotLK are we supposed to give credibility to that too? You're giving it credibility because the fake leaker guessed right. That's what I said.

Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    If we get Dragon Isles I hope it stays true to the WC2 iteration. The whole expansion takes place on the body of a continent-sized dragon.

china has something like that as a giant solar power station in form of a panda. it’s funny

see here:
    https://www.google.de/search?q=panda...&bih=737&dpr=2

Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    WoW could be lazy and copy GW2 and have a Prismatic Dragonflight.
    My money is on a reorigination of the dragonflights, resulting in new, shiny, metallic, and fertile forms.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypester View Post
    Erasing faction diversity for solidarity is one strike.

The magic color for unity being WHITE is fifty more strikes...

It will be the Prismatic/Lunar flight if anything.
    I hate that people are so afraid of colors in 2022.

But yeah, Lunar dragonflight does sound the best and that's the one I would want to see.

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    There was also a Dragonflight expansion "leak" during WotLK are we supposed to give credibility to that too? You're giving it credibility because the fake leaker guessed right. That's what I said.
    Also: There were probably like 5 different Shadowland leaks lmao. Someone guessing a common term associated with dragons is hardly proof that it's real.

The only thing I have to say is this: It is quite odd that the leaker called it "Dragonflight" (singular) compared to "Dragonflights".

Quote Originally Posted by SniperCT View Post
    That's pretty much what every expansion has done.
    Yup. The exception being...one of the biggest blows to SL for me is how overly centralized the Jailer's influence is. There's enemy diversity but outside the Drust, who go absolutely nowhere, it's all under the same banner with no unique motivations and by the time we hit the Maw we've already messed up all of his plans pretty handily with the exception of Denathrius dumping anima stores, an awesome moment that solidified him as the only interesting villain in the first place.

And then after floors and floors and floors of Mawsworn because of Torghast as a system...we get our Maw raid that looks similar, fighting similar enemies. It's burnt out compared to past expansions. 9.2 is pretty good tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    I'm not giving any credibility, I think it's fake. I'm saying the name they proposed predates the JavaScript. Nothing more or less. You initially said it was a response to the name leak and after being informed you're wrong you're walking it back and pretending you didn't.

The "Dragonflight expansion leak" back in Wrath wasn't even called Dragonflight, it was just a laundry list of various places with no committal name or details outside of level ranges. And most of those are debunked in terms of order too, with the person who made it admitting it's fake, so it's a pretty bad comparison.

I'm in agreement that all we really have is a name, but your initial comment was simply wrong.
    Last edited by Vakir; 2022-04-08 at 07:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    Also: There were probably like 5 different Shadowland leaks lmao. Someone guessing a common term associated with dragons is hardly proof that it's real.

The only thing I have to say is this: It is quite odd that the leaker called it "Dragonflight" (singular) compared to "Dragonflights".
    Only 1 person made a leak thread named Dragonflight. Shadowlands way more likely to see fakes when there are so many of the same threads popping up.

You can pretty easily sidestep the unfortunate connotations of a white flight by just going with silver instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Deventh View Post
    Only 1 person made a leak thread named Dragonflight. Shadowlands way more likely to see fakes when there are so many of the same threads popping up.
    only one person made the /thread,/ but the name /has/ been guessed before in a 'guess the name of the next expansion' thread

Quote Originally Posted by Zharikov View Post
    only one person made the /thread,/ but the name /has/ been guessed before in a 'guess the name of the next expansion' thread
    Yes, so a total of 2 people guessed it. Not saying the leak is real, but it gives credibility when nobody else made a leak thread with the same name before the name was confirmed.

The dragons erasing/changing their unique colors and themes to all fit one color is going to be a hard sell no matter what color you choose.

Alabaster, Pale, Ivory, Silver, Pearl, plenty of choices of synonyms for white.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiivar86 View Post
    Alabaster, Pale, Ivory, Silver, Pearl, plenty of choices of synonyms for white.
    Especially when the official names of the dragonflight are Ruby, Bronze, Emerald and.... Blue