1. #38681
    Quote Originally Posted by Vakir View Post
    https://twitter.com/Marlamin/status/1278404185222983685

    This, @Marlamin?

    I think this isn't in-game anywhere. I'd totally imagine this in an Emerald dragon zone.
    Yeah, not in-game that we know of.
    I also expect living creatures from the prototypes in ZM (wombats & axolotls). I really think they added them as a foreshadow for when we find them in the living world.

  2. #38682
    Quote Originally Posted by Vakir View Post
    https://twitter.com/Marlamin/status/1278404185222983685

    This, @Marlamin?

    I think this isn't in-game anywhere. I'd totally imagine this in an Emerald dragon zone.
    That expression.

  3. #38683
    Knight of the Astral Star Local Ardenweald Faerie's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Mar 2022
    Location
    Tìrna Rionnagan
    Posts
    442
    Do you think we'll hit page 2000 before the end of the night? (in the American east coast anyway)

  4. #38684
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    That expression.
    Smug, cheeky little fucker isn't he/she.

    It's like he/she knows that he isn't fully duck and thus is still immune to the lack of ducks in Warcraft.

  5. #38685
    Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    I bet both my nuts that Covenant ARs will be announced as a pre-order bonus for 10.0
    What are you going to do if they aren't announced? Aren't you going to miss your nuts?
    On silken ebony wings the harbinger of death arrives.

  6. #38686
    Warchief Catastrophy349's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jan 2022
    Location
    What Sword? That Sword!
    Posts
    2,162
    Are we going to pass 2000 pages for me? Feels good to guess correctly!

  7. #38687
    Quote Originally Posted by Le Conceptuel View Post
    Coup = Genocide, as we all know. Strong moral comparisons today.
    Genocide is the destruction of a culture, typically through murder, which this definitely was an attempt to do. While working for a guy who wanted to burn the planet.

    You've literally gotten down to "Oh a few dozen innocent people dead? Pish posh. No reason Tyrande can't still go on road trips with such a person"

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Catastrophy349 View Post
    Are we going to pass 2000 pages for me? Feels good to guess correctly!
    can we keep the page counter posts down to one per page please?

  8. #38688
    Quote Originally Posted by Merryck View Post
    Class Skins > New Class.

  9. #38689
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Some allied races would easily pass as customization. But Nightborne, Zandalari, Kul Tiran, Vulpera are definitely new races.



    New class bring some hype and then devs are left with one more burden. It's not even about balance, but spreading different utilities, every class should have different pros&cons and unique gameplay. What (mechanically) new class would bring? Would it require to take something from existing class like Metamorphosis in Legion?

    I would definitely prefer class skins that wouldn't be restricted by lore.
    Bronze dragon tank can have brewmaster stagger and a bone shield mechanic and due to flavor not require the other classes to lose it

    A new class can mean new combos of play style I mean the difference between Ret and WW isn’t that huge honestly

  10. #38690
    I made the joke the other day 'man it was a shame wow shut down after 8.0' and now I look forward to adding 'and they skipped straight to 10.0 that was such a bold decision.

  11. #38691
    Random question....Anyone else think Turalyon is gonna play a massive part in the next expansion???
    Last edited by MarkTheMadMad; 2022-04-10 at 01:27 AM.

  12. #38692
    Knight of the Astral Star Local Ardenweald Faerie's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Mar 2022
    Location
    Tìrna Rionnagan
    Posts
    442
    Quote Originally Posted by Scroolooseuk View Post
    Random question....Anyone else think Turalyon is gonna play a massive part in the next expansion???
    Anduin has an encrypted model in 9.2.5, which makes me think that although we'll see him again, it won't be as King of Stormwind. I think Turalyon will adopt an aggressive doctrine and that will become a plot point at some time in the expansion.

    Slightly off-topic: Anduin's got a new model. What do people think it'll be? Maybe a broken down version of his armor because of his time in the Maw.

  13. #38693
    Quote Originally Posted by Imotbh View Post
    That would be fucking excellent. I'd settle for class skins that work as prestige classes or are particularly significant and include all specializations, though. I'd say my wishlist for class skins includes that they are wide-ranging, more than just recolors, and have very minor (i.e. change of summoned creature types and damage type for spells) gameplay changes.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    Genocide is the destruction of a culture, typically through murder, which this definitely was an attempt to do. While working for a guy who wanted to burn the planet.

    You've literally gotten down to "Oh a few dozen innocent people dead? Pish posh. No reason Tyrande can't still go on road trips with such a person"
    Yes, a few dozen < an entire society. That's a pretty basic calculation of morality. Plus, Maiev didn't decide to send anyone to Hell to have their souls obliterated, either, which I think is significantly worse than just killing people.

    Murder isn't excusable in any circumstances, but I think that Maiev's crimes are definitely something she could be far more easily forgiven for than Sylvanas'.

  14. #38694
    Quote Originally Posted by Local Ardenweald Faerie View Post
    Slightly off-topic: Anduin's got a new model. What do people think it'll be? Maybe a broken down version of his armor because of his time in the Maw.
    He's not gonna be back that soon I'd imagine, because it would mean Sylvanas would also be back in 9.2.5, which would be hilarious. It might very well be encrypted because it has animations that have perfect mouth movements for in-game engine cutscenes, which they typically do. As they did with his model in the Maw intro.

  15. #38695
    Knight of the Astral Star Local Ardenweald Faerie's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Mar 2022
    Location
    Tìrna Rionnagan
    Posts
    442
    Quote Originally Posted by Vakir View Post
    He's not gonna be back that soon I'd imagine, because it would mean Sylvanas would also be back in 9.2.5, which would be hilarious. It might very well be encrypted because it has animations that have perfect mouth movements for in-game engine cutscenes, which they typically do. As they did with his model in the Maw intro.
    Very true, but given that the epilogue content so far seems to be centered in the Old World, I doubt that we're going to the Maw just to check up on Anduin and Sylvanas. The Judgement cutscene wrapped up that plotline pretty satisfyingly if you ask me.

    Secondly, if we were to see them in the Maw, wouldn't there be a new Sylvanas model too? Even if it was the same model, just with conversation animations, you'd think the two would be paired, no?

  16. #38696
    Quote Originally Posted by Scroolooseuk View Post
    Random question....Anyone else think Turalyon is gonna play a massive part in the next expansion???
    Prefacing this as alliance for life but not a fan of what they did with his character when they brought him back, so I'd be more than happy to put him into the ground. Also Genn. Can I farm Genn for loot? I've wanted to farm Genn for loot since before Legion.

    I never actually WANTED to fight Sylvanas, tbh. I despise what they did with her character. Her, Yrel and Jaina were my favorites, and now only Jaina is at all Not Terrible. (like her post theramore motivations actually worked? And they brought her back around and gave her a decent arc, which was the only part of BFA I genuinely liked outside of the initial leveling zones.. Yrel got randomly made awful without any buildup and Sylvanas ... yeah)

  17. #38697
    Quote Originally Posted by SniperCT View Post
    Prefacing this as alliance for life but not a fan of what they did with his character when they brought him back, so I'd be more than happy to put him into the ground. Also Genn. Can I farm Genn for loot? I've wanted to farm Genn for loot since before Legion.
    Why? I'd say Turalyon always struck me as fairly reasonable and I've never really seen him as particularly fanatical. He gets pretty zealous during Stromgarde but it's in a pretty tame way and he seems in control of himself. Same thing with Genn—he's always struck me as selfish and stubborn, but I've never seen him as really evil at all.

  18. #38698
    Quote Originally Posted by deviantcultist View Post
    I hope it's fighting fire with fire. Otherwise, it's going to be about using the pre-established powers of the goodie Dragonflights.
    The 5 dragon flights are technically the strongest due to the Titans interference and I can see Wrathion making the first Dragonsworn warriors blessed by all 5 flights instead of one

    Chromatus holds the power of all 5 flights
    Galakrond is as strong as 5 aspects
    The only counter is something or someone that has those powers but only two aspect remain and one is MIA while the other is weakened so we must make a force of mortals trained to fight like dragons

  19. #38699
    Quote Originally Posted by SniperCT View Post
    Yrel got randomly made awful without any buildup
    I also would say there's something we're not being told about Yrel here—keep in mind we're dealing with an extremely unreliable narrator in the form of Gey'arah. I like her a lot as a character, but she's also a member of the Iron Horde, a slavedriving and extremely villainous force that didn't strictly get any better after defeating the Legion. They've always been totalitarian and brutal, and it's very possible that the war started with something along the lines of Yrel's Draenei peacefully proselytizing and converting willing Orcs until reactionary elements in the Iron Horde turned on them and caused the Lightforged to retaliate. It's not out-of-character for the warlord of a violent and historically-evil dictatorship to suddenly offer a sob story as soon as help shows up, especially since she's genocidal the moment she gets to Azeroth.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by deviantcultist View Post
    I hope it's fighting fire with fire. Otherwise, it's going to be about using the pre-established powers of the goodie Dragonflights.
    I don't get that mindset. For some reason, people falsely equate edginess with depth. Just having a darker aesthetic and being more morally-iffy doesn't make you better—in fact, it usually just makes characters more insufferable IMO. The edge circlejerk has been old since the 90s.

  20. #38700
    Knight of the Astral Star Local Ardenweald Faerie's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Mar 2022
    Location
    Tìrna Rionnagan
    Posts
    442
    Quote Originally Posted by Le Conceptuel View Post
    Why? I'd say Turalyon always struck me as fairly reasonable and I've never really seen him as particularly fanatical. He gets pretty zealous during Stromgarde but it's in a pretty tame way and he seems in control of himself. Same thing with Genn—he's always struck me as selfish and stubborn, but I've never seen him as really evil at all.
    Personally, I felt that Turalyon was rather tame when it came to his story in WoW. Not ruined in any way, I think he was in character. The burden of immortality changes someone, after all.

    But, I remember reading the manuals of Warcraft 2, and he's a man whose described as the harshest and most disciplined of the Paladins. In the book adaptations, I think he even burned an Orc alive with the Light during an interrogation, among other examples.

    I think it'd be a nice change of pace if the Alliance had a more zealous character in charge.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •