Quote Originally Posted by Local Ardenweald Faerie View Post
    Anduin has an encrypted model in 9.2.5, which makes me think that although we'll see him again, it won't be as King of Stormwind. I think Turalyon will adopt an aggressive doctrine and that will become a plot point at some time in the expansion.
    Us, asking Alexstrasza if a giant army of light & void infused humanoids pose a threat to the planet: Well?

Alexstrasza: I haven't decided yet.

Personally, I felt that Turalyon was rather tame when it came to his story in WoW. Not ruined in any way, I think he was in character. The burden of immortality changes someone, after all.

But, I remember reading the manuals of Warcraft 2, and he's a man whose described as the harshest and most disciplined of the Paladins. In the book adaptations, I think he even burned an Orc alive with the Light during an interrogation, among other examples.

I think it'd be a nice change of pace if the Alliance had a more zealous character in charge.
    I'm definitely not saying he's harsh, and I would like to see the Alliance get a little tougher. I don't want him to be Villain-Batted, though. I think he's a good opportunity to have a Stonetalon Garrosh-type character as a mainstay. Especially after all the exhaustion we've had with Anduin and the Horde getting Villain-Batted time and again it would be nice to see some strong

I'd say that at some point, the Alliance was made way too sanitized and a little too limp-wristed. Having some bigger hardass leadership in the Alliance would help give it more identity and make the Alliance-Horde conflict more of an "imperialism vs. independence" thing like it was in Warcraft III.

Knight of the Astral Star Local Ardenweald Faerie's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    Us, asking Alexstrasza if a giant army of light & void infused humanoids pose a threat to the planet: Well?

Alexstrasza: I haven't decided yet.
    I was thinking it'd be a late expansion thing where they do the typical plot shift: you know, how BFA was all about faction war then all of a sudden it's about old gods!

But the mental image of dragons fighting a Light-empowered soldiers is just so, so cool...

I have 1 super juicy possible "hint/find". Gonna link it once I'm done in this M+.

Found it in game/addon files. Just cba to upload/edit photo now.

Knight of the Astral Star Local Ardenweald Faerie's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Le Conceptuel View Post
    I'm definitely not saying he's harsh, and I would like to see the Alliance get a little tougher. I don't want him to be Villain-Batted, though. I think he's a good opportunity to have a Stonetalon Garrosh-type character as a mainstay. Especially after all the exhaustion we've had with Anduin and the Horde getting Villain-Batted time and again it would be nice to see some strong

I'd say that at some point, the Alliance was made way too sanitized and a little too limp-wristed. Having some bigger hardass leadership in the Alliance would help give it more identity and make the Alliance-Horde conflict more of an "imperialism vs. independence" thing like it was in Warcraft III.
    Oh nonono, I'm not saying he should become a villain! Just that I think he should be a lot more heavy-handed than he's shown to be in game so far.

Oh nonono, I'm not saying he should become a villain! Just that I think he should be a lot more heavy-handed than he's shown to be in game so far.
    I certainly agree with you, for sure. That would be a very good thing for the Alliance. I think it's nice to see the Alliance get some tougher leadership. Plus, when you think about the Horde now being an almost-modern defense league or some kind of Holy Roman Empire-esque confederacy, it would also give some nice contrast to put the Alliance under a more modern form of government, too, like a military dictatorship/theocracy under Turalyon. An integralist military dictatorship under Turalyon would be very cool and interesting to me.

I was thinking it'd be a late expansion thing where they do the typical plot shift: you know, how BFA was all about faction war then all of a sudden it's about old gods!

But the mental image of dragons fighting a Light-empowered soldiers is just so, so cool...
    3 of 4 raids in BfA were about Old Gods - the Faction War was always the B story to get hype up for new content/features and try to tell a ‘morally gray’ story alongside the straight forward “Azshara and N’zoth bad, mkay” narrative.

I would find it refreshing if they do this with Alleria & Turalyon, but they get to skip the whole redemption garbage because they were just possessed by some malicious cosmic beings. Being light-forged & void-infused came with that possibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Villager720 View Post
    3 of 4 raids in BfA were about Old Gods - the Faction War was always the B story to get hype up for new content/features and try to tell a ‘morally gray’ story alongside the straight forward “Azshara and N’zoth bad, mkay” narrative.
    Not so much "about" as much as "suggesting" old gods. Just because it turns out N'zoth isn't all that compelling by himself.

But I think we could all use a few low key raids first. Some dragons. Some treasure hordes. Really old school stuff.

Tho I wouldn't hate if they go all out with it. We've seen more void & lightspawn creatures lately: Imagine the monsters of this expansion are light/void fusions.

Last edited by Ersula; 2022-04-10 at 02:16 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SniperCT View Post
    I made the joke the other day 'man it was a shame wow shut down after 8.0' and now I look forward to adding 'and they skipped straight to 10.0 that was such a bold decision.
    Lol, this resembles Warlords of Draenor. WoD? What is that? The Legion started invading as soon as we left Pandaria *shrug*

Quote Originally Posted by Palapop View Post
    I have 1 super juicy possible "hint/find". Gonna link it once I'm done in this M+.

interdasting

Quote Originally Posted by Le Conceptuel View Post
    I don't get that mindset. For some reason, people falsely equate edginess with depth. Just having a darker aesthetic and being more morally-iffy doesn't make you better—in fact, it usually just makes characters more insufferable IMO. The edge circlejerk has been old since the 90s.
    It goes both ways. I also don't understand why everything dark or deep gets minimized into the label of "edgy" and other similar memes. The whole idea is that fighting fire with fire is the pragmatic approach which is essentially the only way in a universe that wants to be stern about its threats.

The point is that under the worst circumstances, you need to get your hands dirty. If the character is afforded the luxury of being the shiny hero, it tends to show how low the bar is set.

Now, if you want to establish a character that ends up being devoid of "dark" qualities as a result of certain growth, of course, that can be deep without going into darker territory. In our case, I just can't take the notion of being baptized by the Red Dragonflight as a compelling approach to any established or speculated threat to the WoW universe.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Anything new happen as of the last 4-5-6 days?

Quote Originally Posted by Villager720 View Post
    Which is really unfortunate. BFA would've been a lot better if we had Azshara as the main antagonist from start and N'zoth as the surprise end boss after Azshara is defeated in the Eternal Palace, the whole war and Sylvanas terrible story tainted both BFA and Shadowlands, both expansions would've been a lot better without these stories.

BFA could've started with endless rain in every zone of Eastern Kingdoms and Kalimdor that would last for the length of the expansion, floods, and naga invasions as the pre-patch event, and Horde and Alliance seeking Zandalar and Kul'tiras fleets aid in order to find and fight Azshara.

Even raids could've been the same with just the replacement of BOD for Crucible of Storm as a 10-boss raid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SniperCT View Post
    All I care about wrt to leveling is any system that means I don't have to do shadowlands to get to level cap.

What's worse, resetting everyone to 50 again, or keeping you at 60 but offering a champion point type system?
    I feel like if the leak is real, you would level from 50-60ish in Lordaeron and Quel'thalas, and Dragon Isles would be the last 5-10 levels.

All the "Dragonflight" stuff has folks in the discord I'm in thinking of this old movie...

Twas brillig

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Totally Not Dragons View Post
    if there are 4 micro classes i cant say i wont be disappointed but i think dragonsworn is coming and maybe not 5 specs but you could easily do 3-4
    bronze dragon tank is my hope because that brings in the possibility for a tank similar to brewmaster
    I feel like tank would be black with a sprinkle of bronze. Earth themed def abilities, with maybe a heal that's time themed.
    I would kinda like to see a green melee dps. We don't really have a pure nature themed melee.
    RDPS id like to see a mix of blue and bronze.
    healer would obv be mostly red with some green thrown in. Maybe some bronze as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TriHard View Post
    Anything new happen as of the last 4-5-6 days?
    Don't think so, I haven't seen anything noteworthy since the title leak.

What I'm eager to know is if one or more of these guys will show up on Dragonflight.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nibelheimy View Post
    I've actually been thinking this would be the most logical next step. Intro quest line has you rescue a bunch of eggs from somewhere, and wahey, it hatches into a baby chromatic drake. Which changes into whichever dragonflight you're currently associated with. Pocopoc was okay, as long as they don't drop a load of cosmetics on 1% drops on low spawn rares I'd enjoy it. You could mix Pocopoc, covenants, and the legion artifact weapon and customization into 1system, this little pet that's with you and grows the whole expansion.
    Omg we gonna be reducing eggs like Spyro for the next 2 years.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrad Wagner View Post
    This would be properly awesome, I'd love a rebuilding pre-expansion event instead of yet another invasion!
    They could add daily quests to go mine/log eliminate threats etc every day for a month or two with the expansion releasing and the cities having new looks on launch day.

Quote Originally Posted by Palapop View Post

Well that was a lie.