Now I'm just sad, remember when we got text from Ji saying he wanted to punch a dinosaur at the start of BFA? And we thought they might actually use him for... something?
    Twas brillig

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Heck the last tier set before borrowed power was Hellfire Citadel's and those were pretty much like getting an extra top level talent.
    Those might have been a bit of an outlier in how shockingly good they were, but they are also the only time I legitimately felt bad about losing borrowed power, and consequently really felt that I grew weaker as I levelled.
    Normally I don't really notice it that bad. I get weaker, but not in a way where there is a sharp cutoff like when I had to abandon my MM 4-set. I just treat it like the enemies growing stronger faster than I cna gear up, but that one time in Legion was absolutely horrible.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post
    Now I'm just sad, remember when we got text from Ji saying he wanted to punch a dinosaur at the start of BFA? And we thought they might actually use him for... something?
    Maybe he will accompany his relative Jim to the Dragon Isles and they can punch some dragons together. "I'm gonna punch that dragon in the face!"
    give up dat booty
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    <3
    For the matriarchy.

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    I thought it would be cool if the Covenant System continued over multiple expansions: The covenent symbol could fit right next to your faction symbol on the character selection screen. But by 9.1.5 it was clear its really is just a borrowed power system. I'd be fine if the Dragonflights are our covenants in 10.0 but don't make their abilities be class specific so balancing them doesn't take up the majority of development time.
    Honestly I kinda wish Blizzard had gone through with their initial idea for Covenants where there would be a hard line on them only being available in the Shadowlands. You go back to Azeroth and the ability is gone, go to an Arena and the ability is gone.
    What I think this would communicate is that the ability would not funcitonally change in the next expansion, it would just stop being relevant as we left the Shadowlands. As it stands Blizzard will probably go back to that decision for when 10.0 releases, but it's definitely going to feel less natural than it otherwise might have.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Honestly I kinda wish Blizzard had gone through with their initial idea for Covenants where there would be a hard line on them only being available in the Shadowlands. You go back to Azeroth and the ability is gone, go to an Arena and the ability is gone.
    What I think this would communicate is that the ability would not funcitonally change in the next expansion, it would just stop being relevant as we left the Shadowlands. As it stands Blizzard will probably go back to that decision for when 10.0 releases, but it's definitely going to feel less natural than it otherwise might have.
    I'd be interested in seeing if they're going to explain why the Heart no longer works, seeing as how we'll likely return to Azeroth.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    I'd be interested in seeing if they're going to explain why the Heart no longer works, seeing as how we'll likely return to Azeroth.
    They'll just say that we used up the Heart's energy to Kill N'zoth.

Quote Originally Posted by Varolyn View Post
    They'll just say that we used up the Heart's energy to Kill N'zoth.
    That would mean we killed Azeroth. Doesn't work.

7+ Year Old Account
    It never stopped working.
    We just don't use it because it doesn't grant its powers while away from Azeroth.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    We just don't use it because it doesn't grant its powers while away from Azeroth.
    "Champion! The Heart doesn't work on the Dragon Isles because they're too high into the atmosphere!

...and also it doesn't work in Lordaeron/Quel'thalas/Undermine/etc. because mumbles indistinctly under breath."

There, done.

7+ Year Old Account
    Speaking of, it's funny how nobody considered the idea of the return of the heart.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Vakir View Post
    "Champion! The Heart doesn't work on the Dragon Isles because they're too high into the atmosphere!

...and also it doesn't work in Lordaeron/Quel'thalas/Undermine/etc. because mumbles indistinctly under breath."

There, done.
    There could be a quest about us using it to undo some of the damage that was done by the Forge of Souls, similar to how we drained Artifact Weapons in Silithus.

Which is why an explanation would be needed in the first place.

7+ Year Old Account
    Which is why an explanation would be needed in the first place.
    That IS the explanation, it doesn't grant us its powers while in the Shadowlands because its ties to Azeroth.
    It works like it always does on Azeroth, both mechanically and narratively.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    There could be a quest about us using it to undo some of the damage that was done by the Forge of Souls, similar to how we drained Artifact Weapons in Silithus.
    That would be hilarious and is expected.

That IS the explanation, it doesn't grant us its powers while in the Shadowlands.
    It works like it always does on Azeroth, both mechanically and narratively.
    I think they mean for DF. I doubt they'll bring it back.

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    What everyone thinks Dragonflight will be:
    Dragons, and void, and light, and world revamp and allied races and no factions and-

What it will actually be

That would mean we killed Azeroth. Doesn't work.
    Maybe Azeroth is supremely wounded so the heart is weakened now.

I hope they announce the time of the announcement soon it is a bit over a week away.

I also hope they stream it on twitch or youtube instead of dropping it on youtube and having to spam refresh at the hour if you were eager to see it. (referring to 9.2 announcement)

Knight of the Astral Star Local Ardenweald Faerie's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilithvia View Post
    What everyone thinks Dragonflight will be:
    Dragons, and void, and light, and world revamp and allied races and no factions and-

What it will actually be
    The Azshara log in screen joke was done a few pages ago. No need to repeat.

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Local Ardenweald Faerie View Post
    The Azshara log in screen joke was done a few pages ago. No need to repeat.
    legend says that millenia from now the Azshara login screen will be worshipped, but nobody will know why...

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    That is what im saying. Light is not good or bad, is just "lawful", a lawful force can be good, neutral or evil depending on many factors(people using it, quantity, how is used...).

And even as lawful good, it can still do evil things/commit atrocities, if they think, in their conception, is good. Thats why i think an expansion with Light as villain is totally ok.

I see wow cosmology like this
    Law: Light, Death, Order
    Chaos: Void, Fel, Life
    Neutral: Reality