1. #39161
    I hope they announce the time of the announcement soon it is a bit over a week away.

    I also hope they stream it on twitch or youtube instead of dropping it on youtube and having to spam refresh at the hour if you were eager to see it. (referring to 9.2 announcement)

  2. #39162
    Knight of the Astral Star Local Ardenweald Faerie's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Mar 2022
    Location
    Tìr nan Rionnagan
    Posts
    437
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilithvia View Post
    What everyone thinks Dragonflight will be:
    Dragons, and void, and light, and world revamp and allied races and no factions and-


    What it will actually be
    The Azshara log in screen joke was done a few pages ago. No need to repeat.

  3. #39163
    WC3 Megathreader Lilithvia's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Posts
    4,787
    Quote Originally Posted by Local Ardenweald Faerie View Post
    The Azshara log in screen joke was done a few pages ago. No need to repeat.
    legend says that millenia from now the Azshara login screen will be worshipped, but nobody will know why...

  4. #39164
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    That is what im saying. Light is not good or bad, is just "lawful", a lawful force can be good, neutral or evil depending on many factors(people using it, quantity, how is used...).

    And even as lawful good, it can still do evil things/commit atrocities, if they think, in their conception, is good. Thats why i think an expansion with Light as villain is totally ok.

    I see wow cosmology like this
    Law: Light, Death, Order
    Chaos: Void, Fel, Life
    Neutral: Reality

  5. #39165
    Pandaren Monk AngerFork's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Right behind you!
    Posts
    1,758
    Quote Originally Posted by Therougetitan View Post
    I hope they announce the time of the announcement soon it is a bit over a week away.

    I also hope they stream it on twitch or youtube instead of dropping it on youtube and having to spam refresh at the hour if you were eager to see it. (referring to 9.2 announcement)
    Same. The live streams are much more exciting & feel proper for an announcement like this. The 9.2 ZM reveal comparatively felt weak & like they were trying to hide it rather than really talk about it. I would've loved to have a real Q&A where they talked about why the water was actually unique rather than just watching every youtuber mock their quote as something Shamans do already.

    I'm also hoping for a decently long presentation, I'd love to see it go for an hour & really go in some sort of depth for everything rather than just a 10 minute brush over without more context.

  6. #39166
    The Unstoppable Force Chickat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Orgrimmar
    Posts
    20,490
    Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    I bet both my nuts that Covenant ARs will be announced as a pre-order bonus for 10.0
    Can you honey roast them first?

  7. #39167
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    There could be a quest about us using it to undo some of the damage that was done by the Forge of Souls, similar to how we drained Artifact Weapons in Silithus.
    Yeah, I'd imagine it would be something like that. Involving either the forge of souls set up and repairing it or something or just the general damage the Jailer did to azeroth in the encounter causing enough issues with the heart, like he severed the connection to our amulets lol, dunno but does still technically need to be dealt with.

  8. #39168
    Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    Here is to hoping we get some Darkfallen customization for blood elves and night elves.
    Hear! Hear!
    On silken ebony wings the harbinger of death arrives.

  9. #39169
    I'm tired of "Azeroth is wounded" plot. Let her do something
    MS. MARVEL will return in The Marvels ✨

  10. #39170
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilithvia View Post
    What it will actually be
    That screen remembers me of this video:



    I miss these old complaints.

    Nowadays complaints are a lot more serious, heavier, and concerning. Like... lore/writing sucks, Alliance is dead, borrowed power is awful, (insert an MMO name here) is better.

  11. #39171
    Just use the heart to finish healing

  12. #39172
    Bloodsail Admiral Sharby's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    1,155
    The Heart can still be present without having to be relevant to the plot.

    Just make it consistently used out of game but never in game, just like our legendary ring and garrison. Or the Wrathion cape.
    Honorary member of the Baine Fanclub, the only member really.

  13. #39173
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharby View Post
    The Heart can still be present without having to be relevant to the plot.

    Just make it consistently used out of game but never in game, just like our legendary ring and garrison. Or the Wrathion cape.
    Sorry, what? None of those are used in any fashion outside the game.

    Also, the question was whether there will be a lore explanation for why it isn't relevant to current content back on Azeroth, where previously, it still worked.

  14. #39174
    The Insane Syegfryed's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Darkshore, Killing Living and Dead elves
    Posts
    19,000
    Quote Originally Posted by deviantcultist View Post
    Law: Light, Death, Order
    Chaos: Void, Fel, Life
    Neutral: Reality
    i see deth and arcane as neutral.

    See, Arcane is order, order is balance, the true order or balance should be something neutral, not too lawful neither too chaotic. Death is the ultimate neutral thing, you die, you are not lawful neither chaotic, its the only path of action, true neutrality.

    Void also is more a lawful force than chaos being opposed to light with their own agenda.

  15. #39175
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    See, Arcane is order, order is balance, the true order or balance should be something neutral, not too lawful neither too chaotic. Death is the ultimate neutral thing, you die, you are not lawful neither chaotic, its the only path of action, true neutrality.

    Void also is more a lawful force than chaos being opposed to light with their own agenda.
    I don't think any of the cosmic forces could be that myopic: For example, Illidan was part of grand masterplan of X'era that started thousands of years ago: But there were still Naaru trying to kill him in TBC. So even these cosmic beings have internal discourse.

  16. #39176
    Can't we just say the Jailer's assault on Azeroth's soul weakened her enough that she can no longer spare the strength to power the Heart?

  17. #39177
    Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    8,037
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    She's the ambassador of the Bronze Dragonflight.
    If the bronze are involved, she will show up.

    Besides, what's the issue?
    Chromie is fun and likable.

    Is it because she's a gnome? Are people really still stuck on the hating gnomes thing?
    Her voice is annoying and it makes it less serious, more bubbly like ardenweald. Nothing against it, just that other characters are cooler and less annoying.

    Chromie was never interesting or cool looking. What else can we go on with her? And sorry ye gnomes still suck m8.

  18. #39178

  19. #39179
    Quote Originally Posted by Villager720 View Post
    Can't we just say the Jailer's assault on Azeroth's soul weakened her enough that she can no longer spare the strength to power the Heart?
    The jailer weakened all of our hearts not just Azeroth’s, that’s a totally credible explanation lol.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    i see deth and arcane as neutral.

    See, Arcane is order, order is balance, the true order or balance should be something neutral, not too lawful neither too chaotic. Death is the ultimate neutral thing, you die, you are not lawful neither chaotic, its the only path of action, true neutrality.

    Void also is more a lawful force than chaos being opposed to light with their own agenda.
    I think he means something more along the lines of death, light, and order being very demanding forces and there’s not much room to shift among them- they follow a strict purpose. Like the light being so fanatical and demanding of its worshipers, and the titans (order) being so helbent on shaping worlds thru their image.

    And the other forces pose a lot of room for overlap like void offering you multiple truths and paths, life consuming itself and everything around it if left unchecked. Etc.

    Idk, it makes sense in my head I’ve always thought of the forces thru those lenses.

  20. #39180
    The Insane Syegfryed's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Darkshore, Killing Living and Dead elves
    Posts
    19,000
    A creature inside the bag can use its action to try to Escape with a successful DC 15 Strength check. Another creature can use its action to reach into the bag to pull a creature out, doing so with a successful DC 20 Strength check (provided it isn't pulled inside the bag first). Any creature that starts its turn inside the bag is devoured, its body destroyed.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mferna View Post


    I think he means something more along the lines of death, light, and order being very demanding forces and there’s not much room to shift among them- they follow a strict purpose. Like the light being so fanatical and demanding of its worshipers, and the titans (order) being so helbent on shaping worlds thru their image.

    And the other forces pose a lot of room for overlap like void offering you multiple truths and paths, life consuming itself and everything around it if left unchecked. Etc.

    Idk, it makes sense in my head I’ve always thought of the forces thru those lenses.
    But see, "order", is the path of neutrality, they see planets with chaos, and order then, like we saw in draenor and azeroth, even if its their own image, still is an acting of putting things neutral, the titans/pantheon, would be something as "neutral good".

    Void even having multiple truths and paths, and consuming, still have a reason/purpose, and act upon those goals, the old gods/void lords would be something as "lawful evil"

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •