Quote Originally Posted by Shadowlands-is-fake View Post
    This thing is being re-issued literally one week after the expansion reveal.

https://www.amazon.com/Audible-World...s%2C135&sr=1-2

There's also a Starcraft book getting released the same day so it might be a coincidence. But a pretty big one if so.
    A good catch, certainly. My thinking is they're also releasing the starcraft book as a mask so it isn't THAT obvious.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    stupid theory:

its known that Apple has a disinformation team, to spread false informations, to protect their „new iphone“ hype.

what if Blizzard does something similar. but Dragonflight is not pure disinformation, but it’s the Warcraft mobile game and not the next xpac ?
    Not a dumb theory. In Film/tv for example, there are multiple scenes, working titles, redacted scripts, and alternative toys/playsets to throw people off. Double blind and red herrings are common marketing strategies.

5+ Year Old Account
    stupid theory:

its known that Apple has a disinformation team, to spread false informations, to protect their „new iphone“ hype.

what if Blizzard does something similar. but Dragonflight is not pure disinformation, but it’s the Warcraft mobile game and not the next xpac ?
    Because the website leak was "World of Warcraft: Dragonflight" with various editions for pre-order and a mobile game would probably be Dragonflight: A Warcraft (Insert game type here) if it was a mobile thing.
    I just think Ebonhorn is quite neat.

Quote Originally Posted by Fartlas View Post
    This is pretty pathetic I must say.
    There's a Dilbert comic that reminds me of MMO-Champion. It features a bright young new employee getting recruited, and in the space of a few panels his idealism is crushed.

btw: what means „SENECA“ on the paper on the desk ?
    I believe people looked on the internet and found that it actually is the symbol for the Seneca Indian Tribe.

Oops just saw that Le Conceptuel already answered that earlier in the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Bsirk View Post
    I believe people looked on the internet and found that it actually is the symbol for the Seneca Indian Tribe.
    Unless it was for research, I maintain this was a huge oopsie on his part. It would make it very easy to identify him since the Seneca only consist a little over 10,000 people in the U.S. IIRC

Bring back Tariz, tell me more about Dragonname class. Anything other than this conversation about black skin tones which aren't even that good. They just hit multiply on a layer of matte brown.

Quote Originally Posted by Bmenace123 View Post

Features:

The Dragon Aisles:
    For years, Dragons have struggled to do basic errands such as shopping due to their sheer size. The Dragon Aisles is a new feature where you can do their shopping for them in all new supermarket aisles.

A Greater Threat:
    When defeating the end boss, we will reveal an even greater threat - are you ready?
    Does a NPC with blonde 90's spikes host a contest in the Dragon Aisles? If so, sign me up please.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Conceptuel View Post
    There's a Dilbert comic that reminds me of MMO-Champion. It features a bright young new employee getting recruited, and in the space of a few panels his idealism is crushed.
    And then Dilbert's creator turned out to be gross and actively ignores most of the conclusions drawn from the satire in his own work. It's like the people who bitched about Rage Against the Machine being too political.

~*~ITS THE CIRCLE OF LIIIIFE~*~

On topic, Galakrond is a given, between the map and the reissue, another reason I think Dalaran is in fact linked to the pre-event. It's free prime real estate.

I'm more curious if Chromatus gets used at all considering there's some evidence he was meant to be in Ultraxion's slot in the first place.

Unless it was for research, I maintain this was a huge oopsie on his part. It would make it very easy to identify him since the Seneca only consist a little over 10,000 people in the U.S. IIRC
    For real! Also...how many tribe members work for ABK? I'm guessing not that many.

For real! Also...how many tribe members work for ABK? I'm guessing not that many.
    Feasibly, it's entirely possible you could count them on one hand. This guy's given himself away hard if it's his own reading.

This is why calling extra attention to it is kind of a dick move. I'm sure they saw the picture but we're pseudo-doxxing. It tells us nothing more about the actual expansion.

Granted, the work station may not belong to the same person taking the picture.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakir View Post
    I'm sure they saw the picture but we're pseudo-doxxing.
    It could just be research for a culture in the game (though I suppose that is unlikely, given it seems to be a modern newspaper and is presumably a new issue).

Even then, I don't think I'd call this doxxing—it's just making an informed guess based on evidence in the frame.

I'd prefer Chromatus since he'd have dialogue. Galakrond is sort of a mindless animal.

- - - Updated - - -

It's a Native American tribe. Seems to be a newsletter associated with it, possibly for research on the expansion and possibly just because the employee is a member (which would be dangerous, as the Seneca only number upwards of ten thousand people in the U.S., so it should be very easy to track down the employee who posted this).
    i checked that too. but the logo does not match. i found many different things, companies, weapons, fonds, even a Sayco camper named Seneca. no logo matched the logo on desk paper.

i.e. the native american tribe has a round logo with animals. no animal has the form and size and is that near at the ring in the logo. its not that logo.

7+ Year Old Account
    It's not the tribe.
    The tribe logo has a big circle with text and multiple illustrations, the name has a smaller font size and a sub title.

The leak has the circles close with a single figure inside, and name is the same size as the circle.

Formerly known as Arafal

i checked that too. but the logo does not match. i found many different things, companies, even a Sayco camper named Seneca. no logomatched the logo on desk paper.
    It's definitely a newspaper, that much can be gleaned easily from both the type of paper and the title-case font at the top suggests that's the name (the headline would be lower and in bigger text). I'd figure the logo hunt could be easier if you limit your search to only certain newsletters. I'm definitely thinking it's a Seneca Tribe newspaper of some kind.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    It's not the tribe.
    The tribe logo has a big circle with text and multiple illustrations, the name has a smaller font size and a sub title.

The leak has the circles close with a single figure inside, and name is the same size as the circle.
    Maybe it's Seneca, California? Could be a guy from there, but I don't know why he'd bring a local newspaper all the way to his work in Anaheim all the way on the other side of the state, nor why he'd work in Anaheim when he comes from far northern California in a location almost opposite Seneca.

Wow. I stepped away for a bit from this thread and I now feel like Troy Barnes coming back with pizza and everything is on fire. I take it I didn't miss anything worthwhile?

Quote Originally Posted by DiscipleofCazicThule View Post
    Wow. I stepped away for a bit from this thread and I now feel like Troy Barnes coming back with pizza and everything is on fire. I take it I didn't miss anything worthwhile?
    Not much. It's mostly been speculation on the leaked image and then a terrible wave of quasi-political nonsense before that.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakir View Post
    This is why calling extra attention to it is kind of a dick move. I'm sure they saw the picture but we're pseudo-doxxing. It tells us nothing more about the actual expansion.

Granted, the work station may not belong to the same person taking the picture.
    So, me drawing attention to it is a dick move compared to everyone constantly reposting the image as the pages go by? I'm going to disagree. Whoever posted the picture on the internet is the dick move. I do agree with you though that the work station may not belong to the same person who took the picture.

btw: what means „SENECA“ on the paper on the desk ?
    It's a brand of paper.