1. #39521
    Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    Really? I think I missed that.
    I think Utsuko is talking about Empire of Dragons, unless everyone else in this thread missed that too.

  2. #39522
    Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    The problem was more like how it was communicated.

    - - - Updated - - -
    Whatever it was, its been a huge failure and the jailer is most likely the most forgettable villain in wow ever. He might not be in the lore(books or whatever), but in game? Useless from start to end.

  3. #39523
    I am Murloc! Wangming's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Not Azeroth
    Posts
    5,389
    Quote Originally Posted by Gifdwarf View Post
    I think Utsuko is talking about Empire of Dragons, unless everyone else in this thread missed that too.
    Well duh that one is obviously fake.

  4. #39524
    The Unstoppable Force Syegfryed's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Darkshore, Killing Living and Dead elves
    Posts
    20,362
    Quote Originally Posted by Utsuko View Post
    I don't think it's any easier for them to do it, and even if it were they wouldn't do it. Because it doesn't make sense.

    Seriously, I don't know how anyone can support this madness.
    its the same line of work of allied races, is easier and cheaper to do a class skin, that only change animations/colors than create an entire different class.

    A lot of "new class suggestions" are not class on their own, are just thematic fitting for a race, so it would be crap to make then an entire new class, by example, 'dark ranger" or "shadow hunter", who are tied to forsaken and trolls.

    Necromancer is new class material, unlike those two i mentioned

  5. #39525
    Quote Originally Posted by Gifdwarf View Post
    IMO Class Skins are a bad idea, replace them with Racial Class Skins, things that will never become their own class, so each unique racial class lore (Sunwalkers, Blademasters, etc) can be realized.
    I honestly would fold those into class skins. Yes you can have Necromancer but you could also have e.g. Shadow Hunter for Darkspear only. I also think that it shouldn't have to reskin an entire class. It could be something as simple as a reskin for one spec (Subtlety Rogue into Warden). You could even have a class skin be available for two specs in different classes (Arms & Windwalker into Orc Blademaster)

    And I still think you could do Tinker that way; Beastmaster, Survival, maybe also Fire Mage into Techmage (let them use a gun) and Protection Warrior (let them craft a mech with engineering and just reskin so the mech does everything)
    Last edited by Nymrohd; 2022-04-12 at 07:46 AM.

  6. #39526
    The Insane Raetary's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Base Camp
    Posts
    19,395
    Quote Originally Posted by Gifdwarf View Post
    Class skins are just lazy ways of making multiple new classes at once.
    Class skins are a much desired and perfectly fine way of including warcraft archetypes that wouldn't be turned into classes otherwise.

    Priestesses of the Elune
    Shadow Hunters
    Dark Rangers
    Blademasters
    etc.

    Archetypes that are too specific to add as its own thing, or its themes are already being partially included by the existing classes.

    I agree that some people are shoving in archetypes that don't belong, like tinkers or dragonsworn, etc. but some people doing that shouldn't discredit the whole concept.


    Formerly known as Arafal

  7. #39527
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Class skins are a much desired and perfectly fine way of including warcraft archetypes that wouldn't be turned into classes otherwise.

    Priestesses of the Elune
    Shadow Hunters
    Dark Rangers
    Blademasters
    etc.

    Archetypes that are too specific to add as its own thing, or its themes are already being partially included by the existing classes.

    I agree that some people are shoving in archetypes that don't belong, like tinkers or dragonsworn, etc. but some people doing that shouldn't discredit the whole concept.
    I agree with this, Warlock being turned into a Necromancer for example is too far for me.

  8. #39528
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    I agree that some people are shoving in archetypes that don't belong, like tinkers or dragonsworn, etc. but some people doing that shouldn't discredit the whole concept.
    Honestly while I'd prefer to have proper classes for some archetypes (like tinkers) I'd rather have a class skin with far less development time in the next expansion or two than wait for another decade. I am not going to come back to WoW in my 50s to play a gnome tinker.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Gifdwarf View Post
    I agree with this, Warlock being turned into a Necromancer for example is too far for me.
    It is probably the most extreme of the class skins that could still actually work (mostly because destro to frost, affliction to disease and demo to undead really tracks to what we would expect from a Necromancer). Beyond that, see above. A class skin seems so much easier so we might actually get it.

  9. #39529
    The Unstoppable Force Syegfryed's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Darkshore, Killing Living and Dead elves
    Posts
    20,362
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Class skins are a much desired and perfectly fine way of including warcraft archetypes that wouldn't be turned into classes otherwise.

    Priestesses of the Elune
    Shadow Hunters
    Dark Rangers
    Blademasters
    etc.

    Archetypes that are too specific to add as its own thing, or its themes are already being partially included by the existing classes.

    I agree that some people are shoving in archetypes that don't belong, like tinkers or dragonsworn, etc. but some people doing that shouldn't discredit the whole concept.
    Add sunwalker and other paladins as well so we don't just have human light paladins. We can have more diverse druid forms and skills, with worgens going more for a drust thematic with wolf mutated forms to show their lycantrhopy.

    Wardens for night elves, blue fire/arcane spells for mages.

    Honestly, there is so much stuff to work and explore here, you can make "racial class skins" and general class skin, like changing the frost from death knights for fire like bolvar. hellfire style.

  10. #39530
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    Add sunwalker and other paladins as well so we don't just have human light paladins. We can have more diverse druid forms and skills, with worgens going more for a drust thematic with wolf mutated forms to show their lycantrhopy.

    Wardens for night elves, blue fire/arcane spells for mages.

    Honestly, there is so much stuff to work and explore here, you can make "racial class skins" and general class skin, like changing the frost from death knights for fire like bolvar. hellfire style.
    You could even do things that cross multiple classes. For instance make it so every spec's main CD gets the Avatar size modifier for Dwarves.

  11. #39531
    I'd also like to see them do racial class skins with new combinations, like Mechagnome druid would be cool.

  12. #39532
    The Unstoppable Force Syegfryed's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Darkshore, Killing Living and Dead elves
    Posts
    20,362
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    You could even do things that cross multiple classes. For instance make it so every spec's main CD gets the Avatar size modifier for Dwarves.
    dwarves already have that no? stoneskin is basically that if i recall.

  13. #39533
    I am Murloc! Wangming's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Not Azeroth
    Posts
    5,389
    Quote Originally Posted by Gifdwarf View Post
    I'd also like to see them do racial class skins with new combinations, like Mechagnome druid would be cool.
    I feel most casters only work for single race.

    Consider polymorph for example. Like I know you can get other variations, but by default it transforms people into sheep. Like how does that make sense for any race that isn't human?

    Why are tidesages using ghost wolf form?

    Why are harvest witches using night elf druid forms?

    And why are all warlocks regardless of race riding horses? Yes I know those are demons that look like horses, but it's still dumb. Give me a freaking Dreadkodo.

  14. #39534
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    dwarves already have that no? stoneskin is basically that if i recall.
    I don't think Stoneform includes a size modifier and it is a defensive ability. I'm more talking about them tapping into their titanforged heritage for offense to turn massive. It exists for Dwarf Warriors through the Avatar talent but it could effectively be there for every class if a dwarf wanted it; allow a dwarf palading to also turn larger when they pop wings or even a dwarf fire mage to grow large when they use Combustion.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Gifdwarf View Post
    I'd also like to see them do racial class skins with new combinations, like Mechagnome druid would be cool.
    But that wouldn't really be a druid. You could reskin feral or guardian to make a mechagnome a transformer for sure. And I would allow a player to do it in a TTRPG in a heartbeat. We'd also swap their spell list though so they don't have all the plant spells that come with being a druid. In wow it'd end up being a poor match. Also does that archetype even exist in WoW? It sounds cool but it doesn't exist that I know.

  15. #39535
    Quote Originally Posted by Mferna View Post
    I feel like this week is gonna fly by, Leak season started in like December/January for a lot of us, look how far we’ve made it.
    Yeah, this was the longest leak season ever. The absence of a Blizzcon/Blizzconline that worked as a deadline really stretched things out.

  16. #39536
    I am Murloc! Wangming's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Not Azeroth
    Posts
    5,389
    Quote Originally Posted by Luck4 View Post
    Yeah, this was the longest leak season ever. The absence of a Blizzcon/Blizzconline that worked as a deadline really stretched things out.
    Plus we all really wanted something that isn't Shadowlands.

  17. #39537
    Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    Plus we all really wanted something that isn't Shadowlands.
    Speak for yourself. I like SL. The only gripe was the cadence of content which would have been the same with any other expac because of the last two years.

  18. #39538
    Quote Originally Posted by Luck4 View Post
    Yeah, this was the longest leak season ever. The absence of a Blizzcon/Blizzconline that worked as a deadline really stretched things out.
    I just hope the announcement doesn't end up with much of the playerbase wondering "That's it?" which was a common reaction after the feature list of Shadowlands.

  19. #39539
    The Unstoppable Force Syegfryed's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Darkshore, Killing Living and Dead elves
    Posts
    20,362
    Quote Originally Posted by ExiHext View Post
    Speak for yourself. I like SL. The only gripe was the cadence of content which would have been the same with any other expac because of the last two years.
    for him and for most of the playerbase mind you.

  20. #39540
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    for him and for most of the playerbase mind you.
    Or what's left of it. Alliance WM on I often struggle to get a group for Antros ON RESET DAY.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •