Bois, its happening. PR agencies have some stuff from Activision updated yesterday brand new leaks inc ;p

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tomek View Post
    Bois, its happening. PR agencies have some stuff from Activision updated yesterday brand new leaks inc ;p
    What's the source for this?

Quote Originally Posted by ercarp View Post
    The chance is always there I suppose, but I wouldn't count on it. I feel like we've already gotten so much more information anyway that I'm pretty much good to just wait for the announcement at this point without the need for any datamining clues.
    We don't really have that much. We know the name. We know that there is a dragon promotional mount. And we know there is encrypted activity in Tirisfal. We also have the Quel'thalas quest tag. Nothing here conclusively even tells us on what land mass the xpac will take place. The Tirisfal things could just be encrypted because it is a story point they want to control the release of or is linked to something tangential to the new xpac like an Allied Race that would not really betray much about what happens next (did the Legion Allied Races really matter that much for the plot of BfA?). As for Quel'thalas tag, they are not really that tidy when it comes to quest grouping; there are numerous quest tags that were just used for a single event; the questline had to do with Quel'thalas and had quests completing on both zones so someone just made a new tag for it.
    We have had far bigger leaks both through misplaced promotional material and through datamining before.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    for him and for most of the playerbase mind you.
    people who spend all their time on forums by definition are going to be people who aren't playing the video game

Wow forums in particular are overrun with people who haven't played the game in years but are still obsessed with it. Hell, that's most of the fanbase of most of WoW's big streamers (Asmongold)

The game is in a fine spot right now. Alt catchup is the best it's been in years. The raid is great and almost every boss in it is a banger--one of the best they've ever done. The M+ affix is great, although M+ continues to suffer from "it's the same 10 dungeons we've been running all expansions" as something that does need to be improved (hopefully season 4 is a sign of that). This patch alone has added more mounts than some entire expansions have. The balance in this expansion is either the best or near the best it's ever been in the game.

There are two main weak points: Covid obviously fucked up their development. I simply don't believe them when they say there was always planned to be only three patches. In turn, the story which was already going to be a stretch for people is hurt most by this, although I still think it had some strong points (however, I am always going to be a fan of Justice vs. Vengeance and Want vs. Need plots so that might be my bias)
    Last edited by TomatoBisque; 2022-04-12 at 09:56 AM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post

Which means they'll either release that info this week, or we are getting a pre-recorded preview later in the day. (Which would be a hella depressing way to reveal an expansion)
    Imagine if we get a prerecorded preview of the reveal event a few days before and they leave expansion logos in the background, like with WoD.

Now imagine if the logo is not the leaked one.

Now imagine if the TITLE is not the leaked one.

(This would work well with the meme template of that guys having an orgasm or something)

Quote Originally Posted by SniperCT View Post
    I do like the way ESO handles reveals. I also am really into the frequent live letters from square for FF14. Endwalker had several phases. First they announced it, then they gave us the full reveal during the fanfest along with a ton of info. Then they do live letters for every major patch that details what's coming in that patch. (raids, dungeons, new features etc).

The current patch had a live letter a little over a week ago and they revealed a bunch of new features and stuff and spent hours talking about them. And they do this every patch. It's amazing.
    I also love the insane patch notes ESO does. In WoW most changes remain undocumented. If I report some minor bug in ESO, I could look through the patch notes and find out it got fixed. The same is just never true for WoW (though tbh there are terrain clipping and viewpoint bugs I've reported a decade ago that are still in game so I don't expect much).

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ercarp View Post
    What's the source for this?
    His arse I'm guessing.

Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    Imagine if we get a prerecorded preview of the reveal event a few days before and they leave expansion logos in the background, like with WoD.

Now imagine if the logo is not the leaked one.

Now imagine if the TITLE is not the leaked one.

(This would work well with the meme template of that guys having an orgasm or something)
    Eh, it would mean Dragonflight is the mobile game
    With three versions. So not f2p.

Quote Originally Posted by TomatoBisque View Post
    people who spend all their time on forums by definition are going to be people who aren't playing the video game

Wow forums in particular are overrun with people who haven't played the game in years but are still obsessed with it. Hell, that's most of the fanbase of most of WoW's big streamers (Asmongold)
    The reception is pretty negative everywhere though. Even on the WoW forums (which require an active sub)

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    The reception is pretty negative everywhere though. Even on the WoW forums (which require an active sub)
    I mean on lore issues the reception is even negative in the community council forums were people actually make the effort to post constructively. And the main complaint is as seen here as well not on the substance of the lore (which is bad but can be wrapped up and forgotten) but on how poorly everything is being delivered (which is far more alarming because it means that even if they get better ideas they have no idea how to communicate them).

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I mean on lore issues the reception is even negative in the community council forums were people actually make the effort to post constructively. And the main complaint is as seen here as well not on the substance of the lore (which is bad but can be wrapped up and forgotten) but on how poorly everything is being delivered (which is far more alarming because it means that even if they get better ideas they have no idea how to communicate them).
    This is about 85% of my own issues with shadowlands (and honestly everything after 8.0). Not a fan of the lore direction, how much worse it got, and the absolutely terrible execution and delivery.

His arse I'm guessing.
    I guess it could be someone saying they have gotten the 10.0 reveal press package already.
    Seems like a stretch though, I doubt there are many journalists who would jeopardize their career like that.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    I guess it could be someone saying they have gotten the 10.0 reveal press package already.
    Seems like a stretch though, I doubt there are many journalists who would jeopardize their career like that.
    Yeah. Unless the press kit leaks like for 9.1

Yeah. Unless the press kit leaks like for 9.1
    It's really not that hard for it to happen. Especially if it's physical material.

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    yes, but there's not too many details ;f

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    It's really not that hard for it to happen. Especially if it's physical material.
    Like how the artwork leaked now?

Well we're in the final week now, so I'm expecting some more leaks to pop up, probably a ton of fakes as well.

Like how the artwork leaked now?
    Was meaning to say. We already had some promo art leaked. More could leak down the line. The real question is if there is anything worth leaking, like a plot outline box in a larger poster.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Bro, the forums have been a shitshow since Vanilla. Back when they got a CM so mad that he basically killed his own career because of what a negative, toxic dumpsterfire the forums are

https://wowwiki-archive.fandom.com/w...craft%20forums.

And heck, we can find WoW is dead posts from TBC
    https://www.gamespot.com/forums/pc-m...-wow-25902237/

like, what makes the doomsaying today more enlightened than it was 15 years ago?

The in depth look at the alleged leaked picture and the logo's in it seemed a bit distasteful to me. Just didn't sit right, surprised the mods were allowing it to happen.

Regardless, at this point, I'd prefer we didn't have any leaks. It's only a week away, let's just enjoy the (hoped) surprise during the announcement now.