1. #39821
    For whatever it's worth, new hearthstone expansion battlepass almost final level has Alexstrasza portrait as reward. They could put anything but for obvious reason did her

    Last edited by kiruz; 2022-04-12 at 05:56 PM.

  2. #39822
    Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Well, I expect event to go like this:
    - CGI cinematic
    - feature trailer
    - feature explanation panel
    - end

    After this we will keep getting regular blog posts about xpac and it's development.
    I don't think we'll get the feature panel; I think they'll save that one for another day.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

  3. #39823
    Elemental Lord Makabreska's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Streets Strange by Moonlight
    Posts
    8,825
    Quote Originally Posted by Blayze View Post
    I don't think we'll get the feature panel; I think they'll save that one for another day.
    This is a TERRIBLE idea to present features and not explain them. "Warfronts? Looks PvP" etc. Zero reason for them to not prep it. It's really not hard also, it's just a basic of xpac reveal.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2022-04-12 at 05:59 PM.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

  4. #39824
    Quote Originally Posted by Blayze View Post
    I don't think we'll get the feature panel; I think they'll save that one for another day.
    I think that not only we'll get a features trailer, but they'll send out alpha invites as soon as the stream ends.

    9.2 has been done for a while now, it's about time for a playable build. I know 9.2.5 is still in testing but the alpha of a new expansion usually goes live at the same time an expansion's final patch is still on the ptr.

  5. #39825
    Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    I kind of do want Murozond to come back, but I'm certain he doesn't exist right now. I think they dragons are going to find a way to restore their special magic dragon soul, but that makes Murozond exist again.


    They did explain it, and their explanation didn't help. Multiple Timelines are different shards of your soul? So Garrosh is getting punished because just one (1) version of himself was evil???? Doesn't that mean we're all fucked because some iteration of us in the infinite timelines is a genocidal maniac?
    The answer is that you are not supposed to think about it. Every time Blizzard tries to explain WoD and alternate timelines they make a hasty explanation that pokes more holes than it fills. Let us afterall not forget how Blizzard tried to explain the Legion in WoD by saying that it existed as one entity across all timelines when that would be patently absurd.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

  6. #39826
    Giving anything less than the amount of info you'd get from a day 1 overview from Blizzcon feels like a PR mistake.

    Think of how hard people pivoted from "doomed" to "GOOD EXPANSION???" between the What's Next and Deep Dive panel for SL...whether it ended up being good or not, a lot of context was missing from just the first 45 minutes, and that was from a relatively small expansion.

    We waited almost half a year longer than usual and the competition regularly puts out 4 hour long producer breakdowns. I get Blizzard is highly corporate, probably very image conscious right now for understandable reasons, and likely has lots of changing pains currently, but they can afford to not be so fucking lazy.

  7. #39827
    Quote Originally Posted by Scaleface View Post
    This is something that stopping me about writing more. Back in the time before legion announcement noone believes me too.
    I think that the information about race and class that will be closely related to each other (as well as dh + faction selection) is enough to stimulate the imagination for the next few days.

    Yes, its close af - and yes, im (as a player) shocked too. Specially that BFA/SL feels like not so very polished products..

    This information is available since yesterday, there aren't many details, but let's say few "key" ones. You can treat them however you like.
    Anyway - on April 19, everyone will be able to preorder right after the presentation and expect the premiere in autumn 2022.

    Also "feniela" have 100% right in what he wroted above and on previous 2-3 pages.
    so if it hits in november where does season 4 come in at??

  8. #39828
    So...what if the Embrace occurs during Dragonflight?

  9. #39829
    Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    I kind of do want Murozond to come back, but I'm certain he doesn't exist right now. I think they dragons are going to find a way to restore their special magic dragon soul, but that makes Murozond exist again.
    Fairly safe bet yeah.

    One of Il'gynoth's whispers from Ny'alotha could point to something like that:

    Five lanterns now darkened. The flames they seek will light the Masters' way.
    Of course, its an Old God(-related) whisper so who the hell knows. But I always pegged that as the Dragons. Five flights, depowered, seeking their flames again.

    Quote Originally Posted by TheFirstOnes View Post
    So...what if the Embrace occurs during Dragonflight?
    It happens once every 430 years, so...not likely.

  10. #39830
    Quote Originally Posted by Local Ardenweald Faerie View Post
    Five months in REVERSE

    PREPATCH IN MARCH BABYEEEEEEEEEEEEEE TIME TRAVEL EXPANSION
    Oh, it may be in march indeed.

    Just not 2022...

  11. #39831
    Quote Originally Posted by Vakir View Post
    Giving anything less than the amount of info you'd get from a day 1 overview from Blizzcon feels like a PR mistake.

    Think of how hard people pivoted from "doomed" to "GOOD EXPANSION???" between the What's Next and Deep Dive panel for SL...whether it ended up being good or not, a lot of context was missing from just the first 45 minutes, and that was from a relatively small expansion.

    We waited almost half a year longer than usual and the competition regularly puts out 4 hour long producer breakdowns. I get Blizzard is highly corporate, probably very image conscious right now for understandable reasons, and likely has lots of changing pains currently, but they can afford to not be so fucking lazy.
    I think this is Blizzard best opportunity to do more than just the usual panels, instead making longer individual panels, but spread out over a longer period of time.
    It would stymie the drought, and would make each panel more worthwhile, instead of what we usual have where each panel might only have a tiny amount of actual info.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

  12. #39832
    Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    This is a TERRIBLE idea to present features and not explain them. "Warfronts? Looks PvP" etc. Zero reason for them to not prep it. It's really not hard also, it's just a basic of xpac reveal.
    I'm just going off their decision to timegate their three announcements across multiple months; I can't see them giving us any amount of actual information in one go, given they did that.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

  13. #39833
    The Insane Raetary's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Base Camp
    Posts
    19,368
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiivar86 View Post
    It happens once every 430 years, so...not likely.
    If Elune gets involved though? She could force an Embrace.


    Formerly known as Arafal

  14. #39834
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiivar86 View Post
    It happens once every 430 years, so...not likely.
    Oh what if we need Elune to force an Embrace? We had one during Cataclysm.

  15. #39835
    Quote Originally Posted by Totally Not Dragons View Post
    so if it hits in november where does season 4 come in at??
    3-4 months before launch somewhere in August maybe?
    Totally possible that Season 4 has less demanding tasks to do for the rewards, or possibly not even having rewards at all.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

  16. #39836
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFirstOnes View Post
    So...what if the Embrace occurs during Dragonflight?
    guaranteed

    they have to make it a thing because they are going to make more aspects

  17. #39837
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    If Elune gets involved though? She could force an Embrace.
    That is possible I suppose.

    Again reminds me of how Elune is interconnected with damn near everything. Its kinda weird.

    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Oh what if we need Elune to force an Embrace? We had one during Cataclysm.
    The Cataclysm one was the natural one but yeah as above could be possible if she forces it somehow.

    Kind of amuses me to think of what it could cause on the planet if it happens heh.

  18. #39838
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    3-4 months before launch somewhere in August maybe?
    Totally possible that Season 4 has less demanding tasks to do for the rewards, or possibly not even having rewards at all.
    i mean a couple mounts
    they have to rebalance SoD bosses because apparently dom sockets arent going to be a thing

    im ok with a short season because its kinda what i always wanted at the end of an expansion kinda like a greatest hits

  19. #39839
    Quote Originally Posted by Totally Not Dragons View Post
    so if it hits in november where does season 4 come in at??
    Dunno man, there is no any info about shadowlands - s4 looks like canceled (or was bait to check players reaction) if they really want to push it to november.
    Also, it's true that wotlk classic will be just 2 months before - if nothing will change (for now its scheduled for 09.22) - and it's weird af.

    Another thing is that there is no name of "iconic villain" of 10.x but only one who (for me) fit the theme and place of expansion is Galakrond.
    Someone wroted before about dragonsworn etc - no, class name is totally out of my mind. In first moment when I read that i thought "hello? we have mages already!". It's similiar to one spell name of arcane mage :P

  20. #39840
    The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    World of Wisconsin
    Posts
    37,280
    So out of curiosity has anyone confirmed interviews after this reveal or are they just gonna drop a trailer and ghost for 4 months?
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •