1. #40101
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    But why get Draconids instead of actual dragons that can shift to human form for caster specs and to show off mog and use mounts but can also be their own mounts. THe hybrid dragon form that Hearthstone introduced for Wrathion is also such a great idea on how the race could work in melee. Make them chromatic and you could have them join all flights but not be members of them. GIve them a racial class that is Prismatic Dragon or something similar and they'd be able to use the abilities of all dragonflights and even fight in a hybrid form. And out of combat they could have cool drake forms like Wrathion does.
    I guess I could see that, but I think dragons work better as a class than a race, giving drakonids as a race could be cool but I definitely would choose a dragon class over them if I had to.

  2. #40102
    Quote Originally Posted by Gifdwarf View Post
    I guess I could see that, but I think dragons work better as a class than a race, giving drakonids as a race could be cool but I definitely would choose a dragon class over them if I had to.
    And it is just far more awesome. Blizzard needs a big swing. What's a bigger swing than playable dragons (who can fully play as dragons because their race is also their class).

    Only issue is why would anyone play anything other than a DRAGON!!!

  3. #40103
    Imagine we're beating gods and demons, killing dragons as if it was a joke but when it comes to play something draconic, we end up being dragons pets as a drakonid instead of a dragon in the likes of Wrathion.

    Yeah, no thanks.

  4. #40104
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    And it is just far more awesome. Blizzard needs a big swing. What's a bigger swing than playable dragons (who can fully play as dragons because their race is also their class).

    Only issue is why would anyone play anything other than a DRAGON!!!
    If the 'human' form can be any race, that would actually be pretty cool. I've got at least 2 characters that I'd do that with. My LF mage for sure lol

  5. #40105
    Quote Originally Posted by ercarp View Post
    I think Chronomancer or Chronoshifter would be the most likely if we go by the clue of it "sounding similar to a mage spell". The funny thing is, The First Awakened God leak mentioned Chronomancers as a new class lol. But so did two other leaks: A New Future and The Legacy of the First Ones.

    I'm not saying any of them are correct, but there seems to be an interesting rise in leaks this year that propose Chronomancer as the new class. Compare this to the BlizzCon 2019 Leak Spreadsheet which had 89 leaks and not a single one of them mentioned Chronomancers. Why is this suddenly a fan favorite? Or could it be some of these leaks are actually dropping real clues amidst all the other BS they spout?
    Huh? Lol.
    Chronomancers don’t fit in thematically with SL. If you’re writing a fake leak for SL and wanna throw in a class obvi it’s gonna be necromancer…
    Chronomancer, tinker, necromancer have always been talked about in the community and sought after. So leakers and contemplators alike pick the one which best fits the expac’s theme. Chronomancer, due to the bronze flight, obvi fits pretty well into a dragon themed expac…. You’re looking way too far into something, you think any of these random leaks you mentioned have any shred of reality in them LMAO

  6. #40106
    The Insane Raetary's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Base Camp
    Posts
    19,398
    Eh, while i like the full on dragon idea, Blizzard would not let us use the dragon form to its full extent and just turning it into a cd or racial travel form is very lame.

    "I'm a god damn dragon! but i'll only use my actual form twice in a 10 minute encounter or when i want to travel somewhere, because my 'true strength' is somehow manifested in this measly mortal form which sometimes i make stuck mid transformation cause reasons"


    Formerly known as Arafal

  7. #40107
    Same goes with demon hunter demon form tbh

  8. #40108
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Eh, while i like the full on dragon idea, Blizzard would not let us use the dragon form to its full extent and just turning it into a cd or racial travel form is very lame.

    "I'm a god damn dragon! but i'll only use my actual form twice in a 10 minute encounter or when i want to travel somewhere, because my 'true strength' is somehow manifested in this measly mortal form which sometimes i make stuck mid transformation cause reasons"
    I get that. The hybrid form CAN look pretty damn cool if you look at Wrathion's hybrid form in Hearthstone. The full fantasy doesn't really work mostly because why would a dragon NOT fight in flight.

  9. #40109
    Field Marshal ahgsfds's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Stormwind
    Posts
    73
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    So, it can be:

    Incanter
    Evoker
    Chronomancer/Timewalker/Chronoshifter
    Spellblade/Mage hunter (i hope its neither of those, enough with melee classes and 'hunter' archetypes)
    Prismatic Knight (ala D&D)
    Exploder of Dragons
    One of those names is right, the others are not.
    And Magni shouting chaaaaaaaaaaampion will be back, sorry lads and lasses.

  10. #40110
    The Insane Raetary's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Base Camp
    Posts
    19,398
    Quote Originally Posted by feniela View Post
    One of those names is right, the others are not.
    And Magni shouting chaaaaaaaaaaampion will be back, sorry lads and lasses.
    It's confirmed then.

    Exploder of Dragons is the next class.


    Formerly known as Arafal

  11. #40111
    Quote Originally Posted by feniela View Post
    One of those names is right, the others are not.
    And Magni shouting chaaaaaaaaaaampion will be back, sorry lads and lasses.
    Oh god no, not Magni.

    "Talk ta me, lass. Tell me what's got ye all in a tizzy..."

    It's a freaking planet Magni. Not the daughter you failed to properly be a parent to.
    Last edited by Nymrohd; 2022-04-13 at 08:02 AM.

  12. #40112
    The Insane Raetary's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Base Camp
    Posts
    19,398
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Oh god no, not Magni.
    Sadly, the return of Magni was inevitable.

    Lets just pray to the Aspects they won't shove him into every world quest again, with only 5 different lines of dialogue.


    Formerly known as Arafal

  13. #40113
    Scarab Lord ercarp's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Suramar
    Posts
    4,919
    Quote Originally Posted by Mferna View Post
    Chronomancers don’t fit in thematically with SL
    Of course not, but we didn't actually know that the next expansion was going to be Shadowlands, although almost everyone had convinced themselves that it would somehow revolve around death (just like how we're going all-in on dragons this year). Still, the leak season for BlizzCon 2019 had no shortage of leaks proposing Tinkers and Dragonsworn and there were plenty of leaks that went against the grain by proposing core themes such as Void, Titans, Time Travel, Old Gods, and yes, Dragons.

    Chronomancer, due to the bronze flight, obvi fits pretty well into a dragon themed expac…. You’re looking way too far into something, you think any of these random leaks you mentioned have any shred of reality in them LMAO
    Relax, friend, no one's attacking you here. This is a speculation thread. Also if the new class turns out to be Chronomancer, all three of the "random leaks" I mentioned would have at least one shred of reality in them.

  14. #40114
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Sadly, the return of Magni was inevitable.

    Lets just pray to the Aspects they won't shove him into every world quest again, with only 5 different lines of dialogue.
    They could try to write him better? So he doesn't behave like he is talking to his sick preteen daughter? And maybe dial the accent back a scotch?

  15. #40115
    I am Murloc! Wangming's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Not Azeroth
    Posts
    5,389
    Quote Originally Posted by ercarp View Post
    I think Chronomancer or Chronoshifter would be the most likely if we go by the clue of it "sounding similar to a mage spell". The funny thing is, The First Awakened God leak mentioned Chronomancers as a new class lol. But so did two other leaks: A New Future and The Legacy of the First Ones.

    I'm not saying any of them are correct, but there seems to be an interesting rise in leaks this year that propose Chronomancer as the new class. Compare this to the BlizzCon 2019 Leak Spreadsheet which had 89 leaks and not a single one of them mentioned Chronomancers. Why is this suddenly a fan favorite? Or could it be some of these leaks are actually dropping real clues amidst all the other BS they spout?
    89? Holy effin shiiiiiet. That's a lot

  16. #40116
    High Overlord delphiskye's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    in my own mind
    Posts
    173
    why does everyone think dragon isles are near Quel'thas? if you explore the bloodmyst isle you find the ghost of the prince of dragon riders who worked insyc with dragons would dragon isle not be near there
    do not annoy the dragon for you are small crunchy and good with sauce

  17. #40117
    Chronomancer would make sense, I mean the mage Dragon Soul tier set kinda had the Chronomancer vibe going already, and if we're going back to dragons?

  18. #40118
    I am Murloc! Wangming's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Not Azeroth
    Posts
    5,389
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Oh god no, not Magni.

    "Talk ta me, lass. Tell me what's got ye all in a tizzy..."

    It's a freaking planet Magni. Not the daughter you failed to properly be a parent to.
    That's fucking savage.

  19. #40119
    Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    89? Holy effin shiiiiiet. That's a lot
    People keep saying this leak season is long. I have not seen anywhere near the effort in leaks that I have seen in previous seasons though. Honestly the most effort was a few of the logos like EoD.

  20. #40120
    Quote Originally Posted by ercarp View Post
    I think Chronomancer or Chronoshifter would be the most likely if we go by the clue of it "sounding similar to a mage spell". The funny thing is, The First Awakened God leak mentioned Chronomancers as a new class lol. But so did two other leaks: A New Future and The Legacy of the First Ones.

    I'm not saying any of them are correct, but there seems to be an interesting rise in leaks this year that propose Chronomancer as the new class. Compare this to the BlizzCon 2019 Leak Spreadsheet which had 89 leaks and not a single one of them mentioned Chronomancers. Why is this suddenly a fan favorite? Or could it be some of these leaks are actually dropping real clues amidst all the other BS they spout?
    Well, Chronomancer and Shadowlands have no connection.
    But the dragon theme is long standing for the next expansion, and one dragon flight is all about time stuff, so chronomancer is a valid choice. But this might not lead anywhere, as necromancer class leaks for SL lead nowhere.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •