10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Evoker sounds lame though, Invocator would be a better name choice.
    Or just Dragonsworn, even if they're functionally reinventing the concept.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Santandame View Post
    Your guess is as good as mine.

I just feel like that way, they can tick off two requested class fantasies in Chronomancer and Spellblade, but instead just have them as specs rather than full fledged classes.

Earthwarden, Lifebinder, Timewarder etc wouldn't really feel appropriate as those are the titles for those particular aspects.
    Why wouldn't it be appropriate? If you're literally playing as a bronze dragon, the title "Timewalker" would be more than appropriate.

I think Invoker is good, after all, all classes have more or less vague names representing it's fantasy and play style. Dragonsworn would be too specific imo. Invoker gives them more creative room

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Berkilak View Post
    Or just Dragonsworn, even if they're functionally reinventing the concept.
    Yeah, it's not like Blizzard couldn't just re-use the name. They own it after all.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Raxacorico View Post
    I think Invoker is good, after all, all classes have more or less vague names representing it's fantasy and play style. Dragonsworn would be too specific imo. Invoker gives them more creative room
    If it's a hero class, it makes sense for it to be specific.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Why wouldn't it be appropriate? If you're literally playing as a bronze dragon, the title "Timewalker" would be more than appropriate.
    Because our characters aren't the aspects?

Playing a human priest wouldn't make me the High King.

10+ Year Old Account

The Bronze Dragonsworn are called Timewalkers.

We've been given highest titles for our respective order in Legion already tho. But, a big but, we're not aspects and life-binder, dreamer/awakened, earth warder, spell-weaver, timeless one are titles reserved for dragon aspects, appropriate to their power level and given by the titans themselves. They're not for us 'mere mortals'

The Bronze Dragonsworn are called Timewalkers.
    Your original post stated Lifebinder and Earthwarden.

Regardless, I had mentioned why they might be better served being called Spellblade, Chronomancer and Evoker.

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Evoker sounds lame though, Invocator would be a better name choice.
    It's also kind of generic. It's kinda like answering "what type of cloth class are you" with "spellcaster".

We've been given highest titles for our respective order in Legion already tho. But, a big but, we're not aspects and life-binder, dreamer/awakened, earth warder, spell-weaver, timeless one are titles reserved for dragon aspects, appropriate to their power level and given by the titans themselves. They're not for us 'mere mortals'
    That's because the story of the class order halls had us becoming the leaders of our class orders though.

Slightly different from specs. I highly doubt the player Dragonsworn characters will replace the Aspects.

I remember they said something about new tech being available which will be used 10.0. I don't think its minor as they wouldn't have mentioned it so im curious what we get. I think if they can streamline/ramp up Boss/Dungeon/Raid design with new tech they would be able to put out tons more content and that makes me excited. But maybe its just the UI stuff they talked about and not much of a big deal except in their eyes lul.
    They also said they could tune raids much better now with new tech from the interview with Morgan Day. Maybe more room for single player content aka Mage Tower with new tuning tech. New tech is probably the most exciting in terms of possibilites.

"They also have some new tech to auto-tune content based on difficulty. This means that they can tune all of content at the same time, but can lead to a perfectly-balanced tier or an entire tier that is too easy or too hard."
    Last edited by Arai; 2022-04-13 at 02:38 PM.

I just realized something: maybe the reason that the deluxe edition mount is a GREEN drake is because they don’t have much to do with the dragon stuff in the expansion?

By that I mean, let’s look at the classes in the text leak... Dragonknight and Chronomancer. DGK would likely involve the more physical aspects of dragons, like being big sturdy stronk (Black Dragons) and breathing fire (Red Dragons). Meanwhile Chronos would have more to do with the magic side of the Dragons, and is the closest to Bronze and Blue.

The reason Greens wouldn’t be as involved is because Druid already exists as their class.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Alex's fins aren't red, they're silver/grey. The lighting makes them orange red, so weird the body is shifted blue.

idkman it's weird. This art leak is weird. The logo with no subtitle plate is weird. It feels fake even though it's likely not.
    It would not be the first, neither the last time blizzard change characters appearance/colors based on their own assumption/choice, just like alleria was supposed to have green eyes, canonically, but they changed.

Or thrall having human teeth and a human-like body, then changed back to look like an orc now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hypester View Post
    I just realized something: maybe the reason that the deluxe edition mount is a GREEN drake is because they don’t have much to do with the dragon stuff in the expansion?
    doubt, usually the deluxe moun have a lot do with the expansion, like the BfA mounts directly tied with zandalar and kul'tiras

7+ Year Old Account
    You guys are putting too much emphasis on those titles.

The Dreamer and the Awakened are both player titles already.

And Earthwarden isn't even the black aspects title, that's Earth-Warder.
    Earthwarden is a druid talent and a random cata mace, as well as the NPC name for multiple elementals.

Lifebinder is used for a variety of NPCs and items.
    https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Crimson_Lifebinder
    https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Botani_Lifebinder
    https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Ethereum_Life-Binder
    https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/The_Lifebinder
    https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Life_Binder_Talisman

If a random red can be called a Lifebinder, surely we can too.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    doubt, usually the deluxe moun have a lot do with the expansion, like the BfA mounts directly tied with zandalar and kul'tiras
    Well we already know something is off if the poster child of the expansion is Alex, but we’re getting a green drake.

Herald of the Titans Nightshade711's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    I wish they would’ve continued the order hall/class based stories at least a little bit after Legion.

Even if it’s just a single questlines for each class instead of full campaigns.
    Even if it’s just to say if we’re still the leaders of those orders and what the orders are doing.

Example that woulda been cool:
    Demon Hunters somewhat involved in SL post 9.1/9.2 because of the dreadlords.

Or the uncrowned trying to learn their ways of disguise.

Black Harvest trying to learn/adapt magic they see in the shadowlands to their magic. Maybe like adapting domination magic to fel/other shadow magic to bind demons easier. (We’ve seen the Black Harvest adapt magic before for the lore of some warlock spells)
    Etc.
    Last edited by Nightshade711; 2022-04-13 at 02:45 PM.
    Chen isn't a Monk

7+ Year Old Account
    Well we already know something is off if the poster child of the expansion is Alex, but we’re getting a green drake.
    The deluxe item for Shadowlands was an Everwyrm.
    SLs poster child was Bolvar.

BFAs deluxe items were a raptor and a KT horse.
    The poster children were Anduin and Sylvanas, as well as random orc grunt #13243 and random SW footman #5634.

Nothing is 'off'.

Formerly known as Arafal

Your guess is as good as mine.

I just feel like that way, they can tick off two requested class fantasies in Chronomancer and Spellblade, but instead just have them as specs rather than full fledged classes.

Earthwarden, Lifebinder, Timewarder etc wouldn't really feel appropriate as those are the titles for those particular aspects.

- - - Updated - - -

I imagine if they made it so it was a Dragonsworn class, with the specs Evoker, Chronomancer and Spellblade - then all specs would all borrow abilities from each dragonflight.

Of course Chronomancer would be mainly bronze abilities, but you could throw in some red abilities too. Spellblade and Evoker can be a lot more ranged and varied.

It saves Blizz the headache of trying to design specs around one particular flight.
    I don't want to say this kind of thing is exactly what I did with my Dragonsworn concept, but...

7+ Year Old Account
    because its all dragons, it had to be one, green drakes are way rarer to get, you actually only have one, there is a couple of versions of the red, black and blue already, and the infinite drake kinda count as another bronze, so it make sense

That’s different though. A class is a permanent addition to the game, and I’m not sure how you structure an evoker around the dragonflights. The Evokers I see in WoW are essentially mages.
    The devs can create NEW lore for new classes.