1. #40801
    Quote Originally Posted by ChairmanKaga View Post
    I'm surprised it isn't composed of some prized metal/material since it was manifested by Sarg to slice through planets. One would think they would be trying to cut it into pieces.
    They might be, we don't really know for sure since there haven't been any zone updates or new stories about the/in the area

  2. #40802
    The Undying Teriz's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Soul of Azeroth
    Posts
    30,147
    Quote Originally Posted by Local Ardenweald Faerie View Post
    Off topic but I need to know more. Link please?
    Sorry, just saw this. Here you go;


  3. #40803
    Warchief Catastrophy349's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jan 2022
    Location
    What Sword? That Sword!
    Posts
    2,162
    The next 5 days will certainly be interesting. This is my FIRST "leak" season. I have enjoyed the ride, thus far.

  4. #40804
    Quote Originally Posted by Catastrophy349 View Post
    The next 5 days will certainly be interesting. This is my FIRST "leak" season. I have enjoyed the ride, thus far.
    It's fun. I always start lurking in these threads near the end of it

    Can't remember if I talked much in previous ones though I do remember BFA's leak season in particular.

  5. #40805
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    I feel like December prepatch is possible with a Jan release date. I still think its going to be Feb and March but we shall see.
    Well the only thing I know is that I’m not buying any leaks

  6. #40806
    The Unstoppable Force Syegfryed's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Darkshore, Killing Living and Dead elves
    Posts
    20,014
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    What can even be done about the sword though?
    it need to became a transmog

  7. #40807
    I checked out for most of BFA and almost all of SL, when did they start doing like, PvE seasons? I see discussion of that in this thread a lot and keep wondering why a subscription only game would do non-pvp seasons.

    Would be interesting if they implemented some kind of reward track.

  8. #40808
    Quote Originally Posted by SniperCT View Post
    I checked out for most of BFA and almost all of SL, when did they start doing like, PvE seasons? I see discussion of that in this thread a lot and keep wondering why a subscription only game would do non-pvp seasons.
    Season basically just means tier.

    A new raid comes out, and mythic+ rewards (and dungeon rewards in general) are upped to stay at the same comparitive level as the current raid, a new affix usually corresponding to the raid tier is also added to keystones, and a new period for mythic+ rating achievements is started. Since this is a periodic, regular thing, and the easy approach was to sync it with the reset of PvP seasons, they began calling them seasons.

  9. #40809
    Scarab Lord ercarp's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Suramar
    Posts
    4,919
    Quote Originally Posted by SniperCT View Post
    I checked out for most of BFA and almost all of SL, when did they start doing like, PvE seasons? I see discussion of that in this thread a lot and keep wondering why a subscription only game would do non-pvp seasons.

    Would be interesting if they implemented some kind of reward track.
    I've been away for most of SL as well so I don't know if anything's changed, but the last time I checked, Seasons (in a PvE context) were basically just a fancy way of saying "there's a new patch".

    Seasons seem to correlate pretty much perfectly with a new patch release and they're marked by a new Seasonal Affix for M+ and an increase to the base item level of rewards from dungeons.

    Again, I don't know if they've added more to this, but that's basically what it was during BfA and at least Season 1 of SL.

  10. #40810
    Quote Originally Posted by ercarp View Post
    I've been away for most of SL as well so I don't know if anything's changed, but the last time I checked, Seasons (in a PvE context) were basically just a fancy way of saying "there's a new patch".

    Seasons seem to correlate pretty much perfectly with a new patch release and they're marked by a new Seasonal Affix for M+ and an increase to the base item level of rewards from dungeons.

    Again, I don't know if they've added more to this, but that's basically what it was during BfA and at least Season 1 of SL.
    That's kind of stupid lol

    It's basically marketting a buzzword commonly used in a lot of games these days, especially F2P and B2P ones.

    Wonder if there'll be a monetization change with 10.0 If so I look forward to everyone saying it's MS's fault when it would have already been baked into their plans before that.

    I can think of a few ways, both good and bad, that they could do it too.

  11. #40811
    Herald of the Titans Nightshade711's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Feb 2022
    Location
    K’aresh
    Posts
    2,917
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Sorry, just saw this. Here you go;

    Something similar to that visually would be neat.
    Spells with a dragon aesthetic/theme to them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Chen isn't a Monk

  12. #40812
    The Undying Teriz's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Soul of Azeroth
    Posts
    30,147
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightshade711 View Post
    Something similar to that visually would be neat.
    Spells with a dragon aesthetic/theme to them.
    Something like that should have been done with Demon Hunters.

    I doubt the next class is going to be melee. In fact, if we're dealing with HotS-based dragons, the DPS is going to be ranged.

    Also, Enhancement Shaman have lightning-based melee attacks, though it's DW.

  13. #40813
    Realized something today. If Dragon Isles is the next expansion setting, that will be two expansions in a row, and the first expansions ever, where the main setting was a place invented since WoW was created (the other being Argus, but that was a patch continent). Some might be a little off possibly, let me know if any are wrong. Yes, I know Outland and Draenor are the same place, but it wasn't shattered into Outland until WC2. And I tried checking for any mention of the Shadowlands before Chronicles and couldn't find it, the idea of the afterlife had many different names before then and were more vague and tended to sound more like just a grey version of Azeroth with ghosts.


    Zone - Initial mention:Release
    Outland - 1997:2007 (Beyond the Dark Portal/The Burning Crusade)
    Northrend - 2002:2008 (Reign of Chaos/Wrath of the Lich King)
    Elemental Plane - 2003:2010 (Warcraft RPG/Cataclysm)
    Pandaria - 2002:2012 (Reign of Chaos/Mists of Pandaria)
    Draenor - 1994:2014 (Orcs & Humans/Warlords of Draenor)
    Broken Isles - 1996:2016 (Tides of Darkness/Legion)
    Argus - 2007:2017 (The Burning Crusade/Legion)
    Kul Tiras - 1996:2018 (Tides of Darkness/Battle for Azeroth)
    Zandalar - 2003:2018 (Warcraft RPG/Battle for Azeroth)
    Shadowlands - 2016:2020 (Legion/Shadowlands)
    Dragon Isles - 2018:2023 (Battle for Azeroth/Dragonflight)

    I wonder if SL has set up any future locations we haven't thought much of.
    Last edited by Das Thora; 2022-04-14 at 12:27 AM. Reason: BFA was the source of the first lore mention of Dragon Isles.

  14. #40814
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Season basically just means tier.

    A new raid comes out, and mythic+ rewards (and dungeon rewards in general) are upped to stay at the same comparitive level as the current raid, a new affix usually corresponding to the raid tier is also added to keystones, and a new period for mythic+ rating achievements is started. Since this is a periodic, regular thing, and the easy approach was to sync it with the reset of PvP seasons, they began calling them seasons.
    They had to sync it with PvP seasons anyway. It was effectively already a season mechanic, may as well just call a frog a frog.

  15. #40815
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Sorry, just saw this. Here you go;

    *drakania video*
    That looks really awesome actually. If paced out and flavoured to the abilities that make sense for Warcraft, I would totally play a WoW class like that.


    Have to say, even if the Evoker/Invoker thing is fake, if it's a sort of Dragon Mage archetype, I could really get behind that. Even just being a Draconic spellcaster would be something new and different from what we already have. A spellcaster that homages what we've seen of Alexstrazsa and Chromie in HOTS would be a great addition.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2022-04-14 at 12:17 AM.

  16. #40816
    The Unstoppable Force Chickat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Orgrimmar
    Posts
    20,721
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    About 12 hours ago.



    The mechanical core of the dragon class concept is well developed, so the class fantasy is relatively easy to produce. The problem I'm seeing is trying to avoid having the Blue dragon spec completely override the Mage class. Chromie HotS can avoid that because her abilities are sand-based, something Mages don't do. A Red dragon spec based on Alexstraza avoids too much conflict with Fire and Destro because it's healing-based.

    However, Blue dragons are arcane/frost-based, and I can see that directly competing with Mages. In my 5-spec class concept, I made the spec bow-based, but I don't think Blizzard would go that route, they would go straight Kalecgos mode;



    Which is clearly mage-style.
    Oh lord he's hot.

  17. #40817
    The Dragon Isle was a WarCraft II map of arguable canonicity.

  18. #40818
    Quote Originally Posted by Das Momo View Post
    Shadowlands - 2016:2020 (Legion/Shadowlands)
    Dragon Isles - 2016:2023 (Legion/Dragonflight)
    First mention of each was way earlier. Dragon Isles concept art dates back to vanilla, Shadowlands was mentioned at the latest in WotLK.

  19. #40819
    Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    That looks really awesome actually. If paced out and flavoured to the abilities that make sense for Warcraft, I would totally play a WoW class like that.
    Couple of classes in that game play in a way I wish some wow classes did. Like I always wished rogues were flashier like the kunoichi. And Nova just feels really good to play and I'd love to have a paladin spec like that. And guardian is ... well there's a reason I based mine on my wow warrior lol

    But it's also not tab targetting GCD combat and that doesn't always translate back and forth very well.

  20. #40820
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    First mention of each was way earlier. Dragon Isles concept art dates back to vanilla, Shadowlands was mentioned at the latest in WotLK.
    I mean, by that logic Gilijim's Island has been hinted at for 11.0 and Programmer Island might be next. Dragon Isles wasn't mentioned in actual lore until pretty recently. Do you remember when in WotLK they said 'Shadowlands'? All I found were "ghost world, astral realm, world of spirits, world of spirit, Other Side and spirit void".

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •