1. #42261
    Earlier today I wrote out the string EKACAY and DREKTHAR, if you eliminate letters that are repeated between them (EKA) you are left with CAYDRTHR, which can be rewritten as Dracthyr. I wrote in on my notepad but figured it was nonsense. Figured I'd post it, maybe that's how Scale wanted it to be solved.

    Not sure that any of this is legitimate, but it was a bit of fun.

  2. #42262
    Quote Originally Posted by ercarp View Post
    Just for fun, what do you think the new class's color would be? On raid frames and meters, etc.

    I always imagined that a Tinker would be gray if they ever added them, but I can see that going to Dragonsworn instead.

    Alternatively, I'm thinking of an orangered color that's kind of like a midway point between Druid and DK. Or maybe even a brighter yellow? Since Rogues have kind of a light yellow color.

    EDIT: Now that I think of it, gray is the color for disconnected players in raid frames so that might not work...
    I always figured Gold for a draconic class.

  3. #42263
    Pit Lord boyzma's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    In yer base, killing yer dudes
    Posts
    2,400
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    Sorry, I'm just too popular

    But no the low res Sailor Twyft in no way represents what I think, completely the oposite.
    Plus the very low post count, when in doubt always check that.

  4. #42264
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    I'm sure they would have some of her abilities, but they aren't gonna make a class based on just red dragons. It's gonna be all or nothing.
    To be completely fair, if I was going to pick a single dragonflight, Red is probably the most iconic (and also the most heroic in lore) so I could see an argument for it. But you’re right

  5. #42265
    Field Marshal hipolnalrt's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Milwaukee, WI
    Posts
    98
    Quote Originally Posted by Alomain View Post
    Earlier today I wrote out the string EKACAY and DREKTHAR, if you eliminate letters that are repeated between them (EKA) you are left with CAYDRTHR, which can be rewritten as Dracthyr. I wrote in on my notepad but figured it was nonsense. Figured I'd post it, maybe that's how Scale wanted it to be solved.

    Not sure that any of this is legitimate, but it was a bit of fun.
    I agree. Ultimately if Scale's 'leaks' were BS, they were still fun.

  6. #42266
    Knight of the Astral Star Local Ardenweald Faerie's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Mar 2022
    Location
    Tìrna Rionnagan
    Posts
    442
    Bull shit, lucky guesses, or being legit, if inaccurate: as someone who took the day to be silent and just watch, this has been pretty darn fun.

  7. #42267
    Quote Originally Posted by Deventh View Post
    Why would tinkers be grey? They'd be gold/brownish like their gadgets. Thankfully we will never know because they are never happening.
    Brown is already a class color. Pretty much the only colors they can use for new classes are Grey, Chartreuse, Vermilion and maybe Indigo.

  8. #42268
    Dracthyr seems like a fine name, and they had to name it something. Dragonman doesn't really inspire very much.

    That being said, the connection to the old game is a bit weird. Would Blizzard borrow a name from there?

    I'm still not convinced. It's fun to figure these riddles out though.

  9. #42269
    Immortal Shadochi's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    The Shit Throne
    Posts
    7,803
    Quote Originally Posted by FossilFree View Post
    Dracthyr seems like a fine name, and they had to name it something. Dragonman doesn't really inspire very much.

    That being said, the connection to the old game is a bit weird. Would Blizzard borrow a name from there?

    I'm still not convinced. It's fun to figure these riddles out though.
    It isn't a real connection, that is a user giving it a name, similar to how you can rename hunter pets in wow

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    Brown is already a class color. Pretty much the only colors they can use for new classes are Grey, Chartreuse, Vermilion and maybe Indigo.
    To be honest they could just mess with saturations of existing. Like how Wlock and DH work.

    Also a darker green could work?
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

  10. #42270
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    It isn't a real connection, that is a user giving it a name, similar to how you can rename hunter pets in wow
    Ah, I see. I still wonder what that game has to do with anything though.

  11. #42271
    Immortal Shadochi's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    The Shit Throne
    Posts
    7,803
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

  12. #42272
    Knight of the Astral Star Local Ardenweald Faerie's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Mar 2022
    Location
    Tìrna Rionnagan
    Posts
    442
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    I was so afraid that this might be a disguised troll, but you're right.

    Countdown link.

  13. #42273
    Mechagnome Myrrh's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Canberra
    Posts
    550
    Quote Originally Posted by ercarp View Post
    I'm not buying into it either. Even if it was a dragon-themed class (as it should be), I think Evoker sounds far too vague. Classes should have a name that makes it immediately clear what the class is all about. Dragonsworn, Dragon Knight, Dragon Tamer... Anything with the word "Dragon" in it basically.

    Every single class we've ever had makes it very clear what it is from just reading the name. Imagine trying to explain Evoker to your friend.
    To play devil's advocate, a vaguer name would leave potential doors open for future design, where binding a class to dragons right down to its name might leave us with another demon hunter situation. DHs seem rather out of place without any demons, yet the devs can't even make any subtle shifts away from that focus with the class literally named demon hunters.

    Like how monks were effectively a blank slate (minus the brewmaster carry over from wc3), 'evoker' could let them explore with its desgin a bit in future, non-dragon expansions.

    Or the evoker idea could all be complete nonsense and in a few days Blizz announce space marines, I dunno.

  14. #42274
    And DH had a dark fel-like green (Which I thought looked well) as their colour until it was changed to purple in beta.

  15. #42275
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    Seems they did change the font for World of Warcraft.

  16. #42276
    Immortal Shadochi's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    The Shit Throne
    Posts
    7,803
    Quote Originally Posted by Jodmos View Post
    And DH had a dark fel-like green (Which I thought looked well) as their colour until it was changed to purple in beta.
    IMO it looks a lot like just the default color too much https://i.imgur.com/MlSO5Yq.jpeg

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Seems they did change the font for World of Warcraft.
    Wasnt there a "logo leak" that had the border removed and simplified logo?

    But I think this is just simplified for generic use
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

  17. #42277
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    IMO it looks a lot like just the default color too much https://i.imgur.com/MlSO5Yq.jpeg

    - - - Updated - - -
    Went looking and it's a bit brighter than I remember. But plenty of room for shades of already used colours.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post

    Wasnt there a "logo leak" that had the border removed and simplified logo?

    But I think this is just simplified for generic use
    I think it was in the Alextrasza picture leak and the Title didn't appear to be connected the way it is in other expansions.

    This was the image in the email I got about the expansion reveal

    Last edited by Jodmos; 2022-04-16 at 01:14 AM.

  18. #42278
    Quote Originally Posted by Jodmos View Post
    And DH had a dark fel-like green (Which I thought looked well) as their colour until it was changed to purple in beta.
    Even today, this color is the furthest away from all the existing class colors (for a computer, not necessarily for a human). Specifically, if you retain the relative brightness of the currently "darkest" class, you'd land roughly at a rather screamy #37DE00, or a calmer #22A700 if you allow it to become a bit darker.

  19. #42279
    If I was doing a Dragon class I think a burnt-orange-reddish color would be pretty great

  20. #42280
    The Undying Teriz's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Soul of Azeroth
    Posts
    30,151
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    I'm sure they would have some of her abilities, but they aren't gonna make a class based on just red dragons. It's gonna be all or nothing.
    No, it’ll be a class consisting of the Black, Bronze and Red dragons from HotS. Alexstraza’s hero would just form the base of the class.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •