1. #43141
    I am Murloc! Wangming's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Not Azeroth
    Posts
    5,389
    Quote Originally Posted by Blayze View Post
    I, too, want to play a Harlequin.
    A fellow man of culture I see.

  2. #43142
    WoW has been a 'Rush to the endgame' game for a long ass time now, I don't see them changing the model any time soon.

  3. #43143
    Quote Originally Posted by Leaker69 View Post
    I disagree that it is pointless and waste of resources, but I also don't think it would happen. They tried and failed with Garrison. That is it.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Everyone was sacrificed for Sylvanas....
    They tried and failed with a vaguely related concept because of poor implementation and planning, so they should never add anything else again? Maybe they should learn from the lessons of their failures and make something good with the systems created instead?

  4. #43144
    Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    Pointless stuff like that is what would fix the game. One of the biggest problems is there is fuck all to do beside gearing up for raids as a second job with no pay. Casual content completely independent of the gear threadmill would be a huge draw for new players and an incentive to keep subbed in months with no new content.
    Nearly all my friends aswell as me included quit the Game because the end content is miserable. And you think stuff like NPC dating will get the masses back? For sure. Pet Battles and Garrisons were similiar and did jackall.

    When the Game has a good core kit, they can add things like that. Before though? No. Put all resources finally into making the Game good and not making it drag as long as possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    It just sounded ominous as if he would save that info for future use to something, that's all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Next class is Necromancer. Tinker will never happen.

    You read first here.
    Oh yeah?

  5. #43145
    Quote Originally Posted by Fartlas View Post
    WoW has been a 'Rush to the endgame' game for a long ass time now, I don't see them changing the model any time soon.
    No shit, the problem is there's nothing to do at endgame compared to literally every MMO on the market. The only time they ever cared about trying to keep a consistent flow of activity and options was Legion and it was wonderful.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Buliwyf the Omen View Post
    Nearly all my friends aswell as me included quit the Game because the end content is miserable. And you think stuff like NPC dating will get the masses back? For sure. Pet Battles and Garrisons were similiar and did jackall.

    When the Game has a good core kit, they can add things like that. Before though? No. Put all resources finally into making the Game good and not making it drag as long as possible.
    Yeah dude, let's waste yet another expansion redesigning every class again, abandon all expansion feature announcements to keep iterating over the same shit nobody cares about. If the current content still fucking sucks expansions later, maybe they should try adding different content instead of continuing to iterate on the same garbage only a small percent of players actually care bout?

  6. #43146
    Quote Originally Posted by KayRule View Post
    They tried and failed with a vaguely related concept because of poor implementation and planning, so they should never add anything else again? Maybe they should learn from the lessons of their failures and make something good with the systems created instead?
    This is true, and since we are all so keen on comparing XIV to WoW and vice versa, XIV has consistently for the past expansion or two been improving the base game (ARR) experience because the original implementation was just fucking awful. Now that I go back to leveling alts, It's actually an enjoyable experience. They remade certain dungeons from grounds up and made some things (Pandemonium) not make me want to shoot myself in the face.

  7. #43147
    I really do not care about housing or worse dating. I hope it's not a feature. WoW has incredible core endgame already. Expand and improve it.
    Last edited by Wildmoon; 2022-04-17 at 11:38 AM.

  8. #43148
    Quote Originally Posted by KayRule View Post
    No shit, the problem is there's nothing to do at endgame compared to literally every MMO on the market. The only time they ever cared about trying to keep a consistent flow of activity and options was Legion and it was wonderful.
    There's plenty to do in the endgame, PvP, PvE, Achievement hunting, RP (If you are into that), pet battles, etc.

  9. #43149
    plant it on Bloodmyst. we're getting a reason to revamp the draenei isles, clear them from contamination lorewise and a cool pink tree to look at.

  10. #43150
    Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    8,073
    Quote Originally Posted by Fartlas View Post
    WoW has been a 'Rush to the endgame' game for a long ass time now, I don't see them changing the model any time soon.
    What would they have to do to stop people from rushing to endgame? It's playerbase, not game. Even Classic with 1:1 "old model" had people rushing to endgame. And if you don't want be one of these people, just.. don't.

    Not to mention nowadays we have 2-3 weeks grace period between launch of expansion and launch of season/raid. On top of that SL didn't have long list of chores to do ASAP, just do your Torghast and 8 dungeons before end of week and you were ready for any content.

  11. #43151
    Quote Originally Posted by Fartlas View Post
    This is true, and since we are all so keen on comparing XIV to WoW and vice versa, XIV has consistently for the past expansion or two been improving the base game (ARR) experience because the original implementation was just fucking awful. Now that I go back to leveling alts, It's actually an enjoyable experience. They remade certain dungeons from grounds up and made some things (Pandemonium) not make me want to shoot myself in the face.
    Yeah, and that is a good point. I think thing's like Exile's Reach, Chromie Time, level scaling have all been good steps, but the problem is it's just steps.

    Blizzard has basically abandoned anything not introduced in it's current expansion, and they usually end up abandoning over half those feature throughout the expansion. Professions have been completely let go for almost a decade now. Doing any post MoP expansion content in Chromie time is a bizarre field trip through abandoned features and systems.

    I would love for Blizzard to turn around and give some attention and focus to their growing pile of abandoned, broken content that consists of 90% of the content people will play when creating an alt or leveling for the first time, but they seem pretty adamant on moving forward and growing that pile patch by patch.

  12. #43152
    I am Murloc! Wangming's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Not Azeroth
    Posts
    5,389
    Quote Originally Posted by Buliwyf the Omen View Post
    Nearly all my friends aswell as me included quit the Game because the end content is miserable. And you think stuff like NPC dating will get the masses back? For sure. Pet Battles and Garrisons were similiar and did jackall.

    When the Game has a good core kit, they can add things like that. Before though? No. Put all resources finally into making the Game good and not making it drag as long as possible.
    You and all your friends are a statistically insignificant ammount of players, you do know that, right?

    Garrisons were a poorly implemented and restrictive system implemented 8 years ago. It doesn't meen following current trends would be wrong.

    But let's suppose you are right. Do you have anything more specific in mind besides making raiding and pvp good again?

  13. #43153
    Quote Originally Posted by KayRule View Post
    They tried and failed with a vaguely related concept because of poor implementation and planning, so they should never add anything else again? Maybe they should learn from the lessons of their failures and make something good with the systems created instead?
    That would be good, but I don't think it would happen. Sort of like I am sure Allied Races were BfA feature and there is no point in expecting more in the future.

  14. #43154
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    What would they have to do to stop people from rushing to endgame? It's playerbase, not game. Even Classic with 1:1 "old model" had people rushing to endgame. And if you don't want be one of these people, just.. don't.

    Not to mention nowadays we have 2-3 weeks grace period between launch of expansion and launch of season/raid. On top of that SL didn't have long list of chores to do ASAP, just do your Torghast and 8 dungeons before end of week and you were ready for any content.
    It's not really the playerbase when the game gives you no incentives to actually not rush to the endgame. There is nothing to do before that. So yes, it is very much a game issue. On your topic of Classic, yes you are correct, but that's mostly because Classic was actually really bad but an even worse playerbase back in the day made it look like this amazing thing

  15. #43155
    Quote Originally Posted by KayRule View Post
    No shit, the problem is there's nothing to do at endgame compared to literally every MMO on the market. The only time they ever cared about trying to keep a consistent flow of activity and options was Legion and it was wonderful.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Yeah dude, let's waste yet another expansion redesigning every class again, abandon all expansion feature announcements to keep iterating over the same shit nobody cares about. If the current content still fucking sucks expansions later, maybe they should try adding different content instead of continuing to iterate on the same garbage only a small percent of players actually care bout?
    The Classes wouldnt end up this bad if Blizzard didnt intentionally butcher them starting from WoD and going specifically into Legion with their horrible Spec focus.

    You're making it sound like endgame content suffers because there is not enough varied casual content? Currently you can do pet battles, transmog farming, alt leveling, professions and all the available endgame content like PvP, BGs, Arenas, Raids and Dungeons aswell as the Covenants. I dont really see why there needs to be more.

    The problem is that the endgame content is straight up shit. Who enjoys running into the Maw every day, Korthia, Torghast, the horrible Legendaries exactly? And around that you have poor Class design, and to top it off, PvP is an absolute nightmare that is by now completly ignored by Blizzard and the Raids and Dungeons are as dull as ever.

    And you want to tell me, this is fixxed by housing and NPC dating, and similiar things like that?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    It just sounded ominous as if he would save that info for future use to something, that's all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Next class is Necromancer. Tinker will never happen.

    You read first here.
    Oh yeah?

  16. #43156
    As for my own two cents, I can only speak from the position of a former Mythic raider since that is the type of content I love to do in WoW. Stop making things a goddamn chore that I have to do to match the tempo of the game. Don't give me arbitrary numbers I have to hit for certain things so I can not hamper my guilds progression. This has been a goddamn problem since Legion and it's not something that really went away (Can't speak much for Shadowlands because my guild basically broke up then so we stopped playing, but from what I have briefly seen it did not change much).

    At a certain point WoW felt more like a job rather than a game, and I really don't like that.

  17. #43157
    Quote Originally Posted by Buliwyf the Omen View Post
    The Classes wouldnt end up this bad if Blizzard didnt intentionally butcher them starting from WoD and going specifically into Legion with their horrible Spec focus.

    You're making it sound like endgame content suffers because there is not enough varied casual content? Currently you can do pet battles, transmog farming, alt leveling, professions and all the available endgame content like PvP, BGs, Arenas, Raids and Dungeons aswell as the Covenants. I dont really see why there needs to be more.

    The problem is that the endgame content is straight up shit. Who enjoys running into the Maw every day, Korthia, Torghast, the horrible Legendaries exactly? And around that you have poor Class design, and to top it off, PvP is an absolute nightmare that is by now completly ignored by Blizzard and the Raids and Dungeons are as dull as ever.

    And you want to tell me, this is fixxed by housing and NPC dating, and similiar things like that?
    There's nothing wrong with actual raids and dungeons in WoW. And sometimes I wonder what people mean by broken classes. I have played resto druid since forever and the spec is fine right now.

  18. #43158
    Quote Originally Posted by Buliwyf the Omen View Post
    The Classes wouldnt end up this bad if Blizzard didnt intentionally butcher them starting from WoD and going specifically into Legion with their horrible Spec focus.

    You're making it sound like endgame content suffers because there is not enough varied casual content? Currently you can do pet battles, transmog farming, alt leveling, professions and all the available endgame content like PvP, BGs, Arenas, Raids and Dungeons aswell as the Covenants. I dont really see why there needs to be more.

    The problem is that the endgame content is straight up shit. Who enjoys running into the Maw every day, Korthia, Torghast, the horrible Legendaries exactly? And around that you have poor Class design, and to top it off, PvP is an absolute nightmare that is by now completly ignored by Blizzard and the Raids and Dungeons are as dull as ever.

    And you want to tell me, this is fixxed by housing and NPC dating, and similiar things like that?
    Considering, like you said, most endgame content is fucking shit, yes. If I could work on things I would actually like instead of having to slog through endgame systems Blizzard has cemented will be terrible for a decade, I would rather have those options. I rather enjoyed Island Expeditions and would have loved to have seen them expanded upon and developed throughout BfA, instead of being abandoned completely outside of releasing "more islands" that were available in the alpha and beta but left out on launch. I would enjoy more optional content of varying depths and focuses rather than ever step foot back on the core endgame treadmill.

  19. #43159
    Quote Originally Posted by Buliwyf the Omen View Post
    Nearly all my friends aswell as me included quit the Game because the end content is miserable. And you think stuff like NPC dating will get the masses back? For sure. Pet Battles and Garrisons were similiar and did jackall.

    When the Game has a good core kit, they can add things like that. Before though? No. Put all resources finally into making the Game good and not making it drag as long as possible.
    what do you mean as "end content" because if youre are talking about raids,pvp or m+ you are trolling hardcore, like that's the part that is in a good state, they need some QA there but is not in a miserable state, the problem of wow its content outside of "endgame" and a fix to rental power systems.

  20. #43160
    The Lightbringer Lady Atia's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    The Rumour Tower
    Posts
    3,390
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    As long as progress is not tied to a couple of repeatable tasks but can be gained from pretty much everything like Valor in MoP, I'm game. Would prefer it to not be 100% timegated (like let us grind a bit as well but with strong diminishing returns)
    Yeah well I think the hearthstone model works quite well - they give you 3 big weeklies, one daily per day and everything else gives XP. But I agree there shouldn't be hard timegating like we had with the current Renown system - you should be able to grind it out if you want to!

    #TEAMGIRAFFE

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •