1. #43461
    Scarab Lord ercarp's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Suramar
    Posts
    4,919
    There is also a Moon-Touched Netherwhelp in the game but it was a promotional pet that was "thought to be blessed by the waning lunar energies of Shadowmoon Valley."



    The interesting part is that this pet was added in Shadowlands. And people like to think that promotional pets and mounts are clues of what's to come, so... who knows. This at least confirms that Blizzard also believes that a Lunar dragonflight should be white in color (with some blue bits, potentially).

  2. #43462
    Quote Originally Posted by ScarletKnives View Post
    White dragonflight should be called Alabaster Dragonflight, sounds more... RPG-ish
    Considering Blizzard literally copy pasted their Dragons from DnD like every other fantasy franchise today, DnD has White Dragons, so they can definitely keep the name.

  3. #43463
    Quote Originally Posted by draugril View Post
    If we’re going to revamp the dragonflights, we should give them a full on metallic makeover.
    I'm rather more partial to a Metal makeover.

  4. #43464
    The Patient JDBlou's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Wibbly wobbly voidy stuff
    Posts
    250
    Quote Originally Posted by ercarp View Post
    There is also a Moon-Touched Netherwhelp in the game but it was a promotional pet that was "thought to be blessed by the waning lunar energies of Shadowmoon Valley."



    The interesting part is that this pet was added in Shadowlands. And people like to think that promotional pets and mounts are clues of what's to come, so... who knows. This at least confirms that Blizzard also believes that a Lunar dragonflight should be white in color (with some blue bits, potentially).
    Well spotted, 43ish hours to go...
    Ethereals4Midnight

  5. #43465
    Scarab Lord ercarp's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Suramar
    Posts
    4,919
    Quote Originally Posted by JDBlou View Post
    Well spotted, 43ish hours to go...
    It was posted here earlier (probably a few hundred pages ago) but I didn't know until now that it was a pet they added in Shadowlands; I had just assumed it was an older pet based on the model. The fact that it was added in Shadowlands makes it a lot more significant imo.

  6. #43466
    Lunar / Silver dragonflight seems the most likely to be a new addition.

    Silver dragons are an old trope that currently missing in WarCraft

  7. #43467
    Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Silver dragons are an old trope that currently missing in WarCraft
    And every single rare mob has a silver dragon next to it, so they should be added by now

  8. #43468
    I am Murloc! Wangming's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Not Azeroth
    Posts
    5,389
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    A white dragonflight is entirely possible, it just won't be called "white dragonflight". It'd be some other synonym, just like the yellow flight isn't called the "yellow" dragonflight, it's called the "bronze flight".

    Alabaster, Pearlescent, Silver, Ashen, Shadeless, Pale, Bone, Lunar, etc.
    Ivory, my dude. The white dragonflight would be called Ivory. They are the wisest and most scholarly of dragons who haven't featured yet, cause they mostly keep to their ivory tower.

  9. #43469
    Quote Originally Posted by Fartlas View Post
    Considering Blizzard literally copy pasted their Dragons from DnD like every other fantasy franchise today, DnD has White Dragons, so they can definitely keep the name.
    While that is true, D&D also has a bunch of other normally colored (chromatic) dragons, metallic dragons, various gem dragons and a bunch of other types, including lesser dragons and such. White Dragons are also pretty well established as the ice dragons in D&D, wheres that role goes to the Blues in WoW.

    Btw, I might die of laughter if all the dragon stuff turns out the one big bag of hot air and Blizzard indeed trolled us and instead we get something else entirely. The playerbase has whipped itself into a dragon frenzy and diverting that attention now would be nigh impossible.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

  10. #43470
    Quote Originally Posted by ercarp View Post
    It was posted here earlier (probably a few hundred pages ago) but I didn't know until now that it was a pet they added in Shadowlands; I had just assumed it was an older pet based on the model. The fact that it was added in Shadowlands makes it a lot more significant imo.
    It was a 30th anniversary gift

  11. #43471
    Quote Originally Posted by Jodmos View Post
    It was a 30th anniversary gift
    I forgot about the Blizzard anniversary and thought you meant WoW anniversary lol, felt ancient for a second.
    Last edited by therumblings; 2022-04-17 at 08:52 PM.

  12. #43472
    Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    Ivory, my dude. The white dragonflight would be called Ivory. They are the wisest and most scholarly of dragons who haven't featured yet, cause they mostly keep to their ivory tower.
    I intentionally didn't include it because it didn't seem likely, given that ivory is already a synonym for white (people) and comes with other issues.

  13. #43473
    I am Murloc! Wangming's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Not Azeroth
    Posts
    5,389
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    I intentionally didn't include it because it didn't seem likely, given that ivory is already a synonym for white (people) and comes with other issues.
    Everything has issues if you look deep enough and with intent. So....don't.

  14. #43474
    Quote Originally Posted by ercarp View Post
    It was posted here earlier (probably a few hundred pages ago) but I didn't know until now that it was a pet they added in Shadowlands; I had just assumed it was an older pet based on the model. The fact that it was added in Shadowlands makes it a lot more significant imo.
    Yeah, I pointed to it near the start of the "leak season": they added the pet at last Blizzcon (Feb 2021), add the night-elvish looking armor from the polar bear, the sun-cat and the blue phoneix, the hints at dragons relation with the Life Force, the next expansion being dragon related, and probably Elune involvement...
    It all adds...

  15. #43475
    The Lightbringer Lady Atia's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    The Rumour Tower
    Posts
    3,544
    @ercarp: I updated my Bingo card, thanks for the template <3


    #TEAMGIRAFFE

  16. #43476
    Out of curiosity. Why are there so many predictions of HD Classic mounts? Is it a HD retexture of the mounts we already have? Or HD mounts similar to the one given when you bought the TBC Classic collectors edition?
    The world revamp dream will never die!

  17. #43477
    Immortal Shadochi's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    The Shit Throne
    Posts
    7,803
    Honestly unless they moved away from a sub model I dont see blizz going to a seasonal battlepass system. At most it would be further development of the 6 months sub reward system. But adding a battlepass would cause huge outrage
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

  18. #43478
    I feel like there is some piece of code or something I have not been made privy to.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

  19. #43479
    The Lightbringer Lady Atia's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    The Rumour Tower
    Posts
    3,544
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Out of curiosity. Why are there so many predictions of HD Classic mounts? Is it a HD retexture of the mounts we already have? Or HD mounts similar to the one given when you bought the TBC Classic collectors edition?
    I just want HD retextures of all the old classic mounts we already have (plus new colours as bonus of course). They already did a few of them (Kodos, Plainstriders, Amani Bears) and I hope they continue to bring them in line, similiar to WoD's update for character models.

    #TEAMGIRAFFE

  20. #43480
    I clearly missed or forgot the conversation, what is the "Raid+" thing everyone keeps predicting.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •