Nice catch. I’m always fascinated by font choices and that is definitely a revamped logo, although subtly done.
    Last edited by Gloriandus; 2022-04-18 at 06:17 AM.
    Google doc with all plate mogs complete with import codes! PLATE TRANSMOG-O-RAMA

If u google the full pic of the leak it has a screen with two pics of the same alexstrasza art. One version has the same curved R in “world” that’s traditional to the iconic wow logo, and the other has the new pointier R that matches up with the logo in the xpac announcement from blizz.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowlands-is-fake View Post
    New Landmass

Here's where I'm at in terms of which our main new landmass will be.
    I think the Dragon Isles is 90%, but there's a chance it's just one zone among however many that's being added.

Plot twist!

What if the Dragon Isles are simply the known continents of Azeroth?

Wrathion's search has been folly, because he's been on them all along.

Ysera and Nozdormu in the West Isle (Kalimdor).

Alexstrasza and Neltharion in the Eastern Isles (Kalimdor and the Broken Isles).

Malygos in the North (Northrend).
    That sounds worse than handsome squidward being responsible for everything you’ve ever loved about the game and it’s story for the past two decades

Quote Originally Posted by Mferna View Post
    That sounds worse than handsome squidward being responsible for everything you’ve ever loved about the game and it’s story for the past two decades
    The real dragon isles were the friends you made along the way

Quote Originally Posted by Gifdwarf View Post
    Maybe they will do this with Dragonsworn? Call the class Evoker but instead of basing specs off of the flights Dragonsworn is a spec? I have no idea, I'm just trying to reason with the name Evoker.
    Yeah, that was pretty much my point. The fact that "Evoker" is currently just a generic name for a handful of different caster NPCs doesn't mean that it couldn't be a very specific class from 10.0 onwards. Monk was a generic name for a handful of cloth fighter NPCs prior to MoP, and then they took the general fantasy archetype, mixed in Brewmasters and an entirely new kit and aesthetic that did not exist at all in Warcraft, in the form of the august celestials/"mists" and jade projected energy.

Some of those NPCs were even then retconned into being MoP style monks.

They could add a class in 10.0 called "Evoker" pulling the idea of Dragon"sworn/born/touched/whatever" into the class, and from 10.0+ onwards that would be what an Evoker is.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Yeah, that was pretty much my point. The fact that "Evoker" is currently just a generic name for a handful of different caster NPCs doesn't mean that it couldn't be a very specific class from 10.0 onwards. Monk was a generic name for a handful of cloth fighter NPCs prior to MoP, and then they took the general fantasy archetype, mixed in Brewmasters and an entirely new kit and aesthetic that did not exist at all in Warcraft, in the form of the august celestials/"mists" and jade projected energy.

They could add a class in 10.0 called "Evoker" pulling the idea of Dragon"sworn/born/touched/whatever" into the class, and from 10.0+ onwards that would be what an Evoker is.
    Monks are also just a standard D&D fantasy class everyone is aware of regardless of if they've played D&D or anything like it or not. Evoker is not.

More people need to see it this way.

It could just be called evoker because each spec “evokes” the power of different dragon flights. That’s how I envision it

The time of precedents is over. Blizzard is going to do things that a lot of people weren't expecting. That includes a class name people didn't think of for a dragon class.

Quote Originally Posted by Therougetitan View Post
    The time of precedents is over. Blizzard is going to do things that a lot of people weren't expecting. That includes a class name people didn't think of for a dragon class.
    Where did they say that?

Quote Originally Posted by Das Momo View Post
    Where did they say that?
    You will see on Tuesday

Invest in scaleface stocks is all I am able to say

I recall Towellie saying something a few months ago about 10.0 being "different".
    I mean, that's just a fair guess given that Cata was a sort of WoW 2 and Legion set the new design and gameplay precedent for BFA and SL (1.0, 4.0, 7.0, 10.0), but that doesn't mean Blizzard is going to suddenly send us to Draenor's moon where we fight cat robots using just scissors.

I mean, that's just a fair guess given that Cata was a sort of WoW 2 and Legion set the new design and gameplay precedent for BFA and SL (1.0, 4.0, 7.0, 10.0), but that doesn't mean Blizzard is going to suddenly send us to Draenor's moon where we fight cat robots using just scissors.
    What about going to the moon to work with elune to empower the lunar dragonflight

I really hope it is Evoker, simply because I'd really love a massive sledgehammer to the increasingly stagnating and boring debates and arguments over what can and can't be a class.

Monks are also just a standard D&D fantasy class everyone is aware of regardless of if they've played D&D or anything like it or not. Evoker is not.
    Doesn't really matter? The selling point of a class isn't in the recognizability of its name, but what it actually is No one saw the recent trend of JRPGs using names like "Astrologer" and decided "wow that's awful why isn't it named 'Wizard', I'll never play that". If they added (tinker) to the game but called it "Machinist" because they didn't like how silly Tinker sounds, no one would be confused. They'd see a tech class with robots and mechsuits or whatever, and decide if they want to play it or not.

If they announce an "Evoker" and its a mail caster turning into drakes and using sand breath and other dragon shit, people will go "Oh it's like a dragon based class" and that will be that, not get hung up on the fact that Evoker isn't a base D&D class or that NPCs with that in their name haven't been dragon-based in the past.
    Last edited by Hitei; 2022-04-18 at 06:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mferna View Post
    It could just be called evoker because each spec “evokes” the power of different dragon flights. That’s how I envision it
    Call it at least invoker then..
    Linguistically evoke from evocare would imply something to be "called out" (not in the modern meaning of blaming afaik), wheres invoke from invocare would imply "calling up", which would fit way better with the intent of channeling the powers of the flights.

Here is the thing: Obviously Blizzard can name their stuff whatever they want, but all they'd be doing here is that they show once again that they (the current clown possy) don't remember their own lore. WoW may not be DnD, but WoW built it's magic system on the back of DnDs and therefore made that part of it it's own lore. It also doesn't make sense to name name a class after a widly known mage synonym when you could name your dragon-power-channeling class something way catchier.

I honestly wonder why people are so adamant about definding this rubbish leak so much.
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2022-04-18 at 06:46 AM.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Janitor View Post
    Call it at least invoker then..
    Linguistically evoke from evocare would imply something to be "called out" (not in the modern meaning of blaming afaik), wheres invoke from invocare would imply "calling up", which would fit way better with the intent of channeling the powers of the flights.

Here is the thing: Obviously Blizzard can name their stuff whatever they want, but all they'd be doing here is that they show once again that they (the current clown possy) don't remember their own lore. WoW may not be DnD, but WoW built it's magic system on the back of DnDs and therefore made that part of it it's own lore. It also doesn't make sense to name name a class after a widly known mage synonym when you could name your dragon-power-channeling class something way catchier.
    At the end of the day none of this matters when people see the video and get excited for the new expansion. People will stop arguing what can or cannot be a class name. No one will care it is called Evoker.

Quote Originally Posted by SniperCT View Post
    What about going to the moon to work with elune to empower the lunar dragonflight
    The dragon isles actually being on the moon could work since no one can find them i guess