Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    Incorrect answer.

Mechagnomes, like all gnomes, should be exterminated. Alliance or Horde, it is everyone's moral duty to rid the world of those plagues.
    This is a good post.

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    This is what Mechagnomes should've been.
    This is what everyone wanted them to be.

Everytime people discussed potential subraces before BfA, Mimirons clockwork gnomes were prime contenders.
    Yet instead of giving us them, with their unique aesthetic, we got midget cyborgs in diapers.

It's so damn sad.
    I'm going to give the unpopular opinion: I think there's a ton of thought, care and effort that went into gnomes and mechagnomes. Probably more so than some other races. They have a ton of nice customizations, especially ones that really play on their on game culture and themes without being gross or creepy. The direction they took mechagnomes is one I find more interesting than the robognome thing everyone seems to have a boner for. They're well done even if people don't care for them. Alliance players would be mad no matter what they got if it wasn't high elves.

That said, I hate playing tiny races, find them unintentionally disturbing. That wobble back and forth idle just.. I dunno. Bothers me way more than it should, which is a dumb personal issue. Trying to level one of each for the heritage set will be rough.

The Unstoppable Force Syegfryed's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    Incorrect answer.

Mechagnomes, like all gnomes, should be exterminated. Alliance or Horde, it is everyone's moral duty to rid the world of those plagues.
    I already have my moral duty to exterminate the elves, my cross to bear, i let the gnome job for others

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ChronoSul View Post
    Tho it is a tuesday and when was the last time they announced anything not on a tuesday while not at a blizzcon? Hearthstone used to have thursday announcements but those have been swapped to tuesday too
    Hey buddy! Yeah I just find it weird that they picked a Tuesday morning/afternoon at all instead of picking a weekend as if they were doing a Blizzcon style announcement to make sure it had the most people able to engage with it at the time it goes live instead of all of North America being during work hours (I know Europe has it during the evening but it would be a bit weird for an American company to prioritize announcing for Europe's best time rather than their own)
    give up dat booty
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    <3
    For the matriarchy.

Quote Originally Posted by Izalla View Post
    Hey buddy! Yeah I just find it weird that they picked a Tuesday morning/afternoon at all instead of picking a weekend as if they were doing a Blizzcon style announcement to make sure it had the most people able to engage with it at the time it goes live instead of all of North America being during work hours (I know Europe has it during the evening but it would be a bit weird for an American company to prioritize announcing for Europe's best time rather than their own)
    Tuesday is the industry standard for information and product releases. Blizzcon used to be right before the weekened because the con runs over the weekend.

10+ Year Old Account
    If there is 5 "dragon covenants/flights", it has to be cosmectic ONLY. If not, Shadowlands all over again and RIP WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Valysar View Post
    If there is 5 "dragon covenants/flights", it has to be cosmectic ONLY. If not, Shadowlands all over again and RIP WoW.
    They will never add "cosmetic" only content - unless it's something quickly abandoned. Every time they have announced such a thing the fanbase cries about "wasted resources". Garrisons were supposed to optional end game with cosmetic rewards but people cried and whined so it had to be a core part of the expansion and it's progression. Sorry, the community is just too fucking stupid to support or care about anything they feel is a "Waste of resources" so Blizzard will only make content that is part of the progression timegate treadmill.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KayRule View Post
    They will never add "cosmetic" only content - unless it's something quickly abandoned. Every time they have announced such a thing the fanbase cries about "wasted resources". Garrisons were supposed to optional end game with cosmetic rewards but people cried and whined so it had to be a core part of the expansion and it's progression. Sorry, the community is just too fucking stupid to support or care about anything they feel is a "Waste of resources" so Blizzard will only make content that is part of the progression timegate treadmill.
    We can have one spell associated to them then, the same spell with 5 different skins. People will be happy with this ?

I don't even see why it would be cosmetic. Covenants in SL worked because each one was distinctly different from eachother. You would never confuse a Necrolord with a Kyrian.
    There is some amount of uniqueness between Dragonflights, but it's primarily just colors.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    I don't even see why it would be cosmetic. Covenants in SL worked because each one was distinctly different from eachother. You would never confuse a Necrolord with a Kyrian.
    There is some amount of uniqueness between Dragonflights, but it's primarily just colors.
    Covenants in SL did not "work"

We can have one spell associated to them then, the same spell with 5 different skins. People will be happy with this ?
    I am going to make the prediction that we will have no unique abilities added next expansion.
    Blizzard went hard on that during Legion, tried again to a smaller scale in BfA, and went with an even lighter touch in SL.
    There isnt really anywhere for such an ability to become even less impactful unless it's just for open world content.

Come on, these spells are fun. Just have a bunch of different powers and abilities and remove the grind and let people switch freely.

Quote Originally Posted by KayRule View Post
    Covenants in SL did not "work"
    Aside from teh actual abilities it worked perfectly I found. Unique transmogs gained in subtly unique ways. Unique storylines that could be different, but without being as restrictive as teh BfA faction stories.

As a vehicle purely for cosmetics it worked just fine.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    Come on, these spells are fun. Just have a bunch of different powers and abilities and remove the grind and let people switch freely.
    If you let people switch freely then the very point of choosing is removed. At that point you might as well just not have them, or if you have to make them a purely visual change.

Covenants DIDN'T work though until they were functionally swappable as to just be talent rows. It's part of why it was an obnoxious disaster until 9.1.5.

Either it's cosmetic only or the player power comes from Covenants/Dragonflights but has extremely minor variations in power outside of purely outdoor content/"fun" activities a la Ember Court or whatever.

Even from a story perspective it made things confusing or disconnected in terms of clarity of certain events.

Aside from teh actual abilities it worked perfectly I found. Unique transmogs gained in subtly unique ways. Unique storylines that could be different, but without being as restrictive as teh BfA faction stories.

As a vehicle purely for cosmetics it worked just fine.

- - - Updated - - -

If you let people switch freely then the very point of choosing is removed. At that point you might as well just not have them, or if you have to make them a purely visual change.
    Nah. It's fun to have because these spells provide fun gameplay. Just like the way covenants work like now barring the renown thing. That's pretty much it. You choose various different playstyle for various content. Nothing else matters.
    Last edited by Wildmoon; 2022-04-18 at 01:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ercarp View Post
    Thanks! Although we basically already know it's gonna be Dragonflight. I would be very surprised if it was something else.
    World of Warcraft: Something Else

Quote Originally Posted by Vakir View Post
    Covenants DIDN'T work though until they were functionally swappable as to just be talent rows. It's part of why it was an obnoxious disaster until 9.1.5.

Either it's cosmetic only or the player power comes from Covenants/Dragonflights but has extremely minor variations in power outside of purely outdoor content/"fun" activities a la Ember Court or whatever.

Even from a story perspective it made things confusing or disconnected in terms of clarity of certain events.
    If you can choose freely then the choice is kinda pointless, so you might as well not have it.
    I you just want all the different fun activities of covenants like Ember Court or Stitching Yard, then you are better off just making them a baseline part of the individual zones, otherwise you just end up with the position many found themselves in during 9.1.5, that being having to go back to Oribos to change your covenant to be optimal.

Quote Originally Posted by manypillars View Post
    I'm going to give the unpopular opinion: I think there's a ton of thought, care and effort that went into gnomes and mechagnomes. Probably more so than some other races. They have a ton of nice customizations, especially ones that really play on their on game culture and themes without being gross or creepy. The direction they took mechagnomes is one I find more interesting than the robognome thing everyone seems to have a boner for. They're well done even if people don't care for them. Alliance players would be mad no matter what they got if it wasn't high elves.

That said, I hate playing tiny races, find them unintentionally disturbing. That wobble back and forth idle just.. I dunno. Bothers me way more than it should, which is a dumb personal issue. Trying to level one of each for the heritage set will be rough.
    IMO the problem is that they ended up to similar to one another, where Mechagnomes really should just have unlocked additional customisation options for Gnomes like the Night Elf questline in Darkshore.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    Nah. It's fun to have because these spells provide fun gameplay. That's pretty much it. You choose various different playstyle for various content. Nothing else matters.
    Then you are better off doing something like Legion where everyone got a unique ability. Preferably even one for each spec.
    No need to worry about individual covenant balancing. You get the guaranteed new fun ability. And you don't need to tie anything to a covenant-like system.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakir View Post
    Covenants DIDN'T work though until they were functionally swappable as to just be talent rows.
    I disagree. They worked just fine. They just didn't work the way you wanted them too.