1. #44901
    Quote Originally Posted by ercarp View Post
    To be fair, someone able to make a fake this good would have no problem with adding in a few extra clouds and changing the shapes of some of the other ones.
    I don't disagree, but I think the fact that we're talking about the image being pretty credible and a good "fake" attempt means that the odds of it being real are really, really good. Most of the peeps in the 9.0 speculation thread said Bolvar was fake too even though some of us (myself included knew it was real in an instant). If this is a fake attempt at making an image from a cinematic its the best fake I've ever come across in 17 years of having this same discussion haha.

  2. #44902
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    Because there is nothing else to talk about, and, real or fake, that's the most substance ripe for speculation that a post has had in a at the very least a few days.
    People be taking people messing around and getting speculation over something that is real or fake for the funsies as a personal unsult

  3. #44903
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    Anyone who played WoW on PC with a controller knows that addons wouldn't be the main issue. Controller is ok for questing and outworld stuff, but healers would just have an impossible time healing unless everything was made to be an AoE heal, and tanks too probably with targeting (would affect dps as well I guess).

    Can you imagine trying to write out macros with a controller keyboard?

    Yeah wow as the base game has many issues for controller play in the endgame avenues of content.
    Healing with controllers works just find in FF14, and most heals are not AOE in that game. (the d-pad is basically how you cycle through different targets, and in wow you could probably set up some macros even to target like the focus target or something)

    It's just that it needs to be thought through.

  4. #44904
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferlion View Post
    People be taking people messing around and getting speculation over something that is real or fake for the funsies as a personal unsult
    There's people like this every hype thread, it's pretty much part of the tradition at this point.

  5. #44905
    Quote Originally Posted by micwini View Post
    Guldan observing DH's training
    I thought the same thing, but what he did say was that Gul'dan looks into a crystal and sees Illidan training his Demon Hunters. Now that's not what happened, but Gul'dan does indeed look into a crystal, which is the one Illidan's corpse is in, and if the footage they've seen was presented in such a way, that right after that cinematic, they saw the Demon Hunter intro atop the Black Temple, I can see how someone can make the statement "Gul'dan looked into a crystal and saw Illidan train his Demon Hunters".

    It's possible. But the important thing here is, that there are two posts in which he claims in 2017 and 2022 that these leaks originated from someone on MMO-Champion, who also posted about it on Twitter. And that that guy was the one to first leak the information.

    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...3#post47718543

    Quote Originally Posted by Scaleface
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel
    Cataclysm was leaked 4 months ahead of its announcement? Don't remember that tbh. WoD and Legion have been leaked days before their announcement, not months.
    Sorry but: Legion leak started on mmo-c in May 2015 with this guy who wroted about whole Illidan and Guldan intro + dh class and artifacts. He had many posts on twitter but it seems to be deleted.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...6#post53672426

    Quote Originally Posted by Scaleface View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLostCodex
    The most comical thing about all these 'leaks' are the EXCRUCIATING detail they all give on the story ahead when absolutely NO real Leak has ever given that much info before 'vague story beats, a name and some general themes'.

    For all you leak writers for the days and weeks ahead, take note:

    Full cast list with defining story arcs for every character: Red Flag and fake
    Mention of Cinematics within zones/names of cinematics: Red Flag and fake
    Full details on Patch details: OBVIOUS Red Flag and fake
    Excessive amount of 'wish list items' like 'Player housing, 5 new allied races, class skins and classes being every race': Obvious Red flag and fake
    well, wxd "wow ex dev" guy leaked legion months before blizzcon, he wroted whole intro cinematic and stuff about dh and overall theme which were just 1 to 1 confirmed later on blizzcon. He leaked it on mmo-c and twitter, but ppl have short memory

    I cannot find his account anymore maybe its deleted but posts should be easy to find.


    And if that is true, there is no reason to believe that this guy has any contact to anyone on the inside or working on press releases or anything.
    Last edited by cone of cold; 2022-04-18 at 08:11 PM.

  6. #44906
    I am Murloc! Wangming's Avatar
    3+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Not Azeroth
    Posts
    5,389
    Quote Originally Posted by taishar68 View Post
    While not a fan of Garrosh, that's not my reason for questioning the choice, I just feel like he has ran his course; supported the Horde in Northrend, took over as WC in Cata, main antagonist in MoP, major role in the events of WoD, and a good cameo and sendoff in SL...I'd really like to have Thrall back in the picture, and I wonder why he's been such a bench player amongst the NPC's since Cata. Although I've probably forgotten a million story beats that answer that question
    No argument there. Garrosh got the perfect ending in SL.

    As for Thrall, I might be in the minority, but I always found him boring. Okay not in WCIII, but ever since WoW began he wasn't really that interesting. His character was pretty much "he was raised by humans so he relates to them a lot". But Now we have Bane who is three alliance characters in a trenchcoat, Calia who is pretty fucking much an Alliance character she just leads a Horde faction cause she is undead, and Lor'Themar who was never really all that pro Horde, but the Night Elves hate him and he has trouble saying no to Sylvanas so he tagged along. Thrall being pro-human does not make him unique anymore. Let him go back to his family and farm.

  7. #44907
    Do you think they'll put anything directly related to a period that in lore talks about rape of female dragons? this is literally going to be the first thing they're going to retcon in this expansion, forget about that lore...

  8. #44908
    Quote Originally Posted by Vakir View Post
    The entire hood and collar is damn identical. The body shape could be a function of the angle and the low-ass quality. To me it's almost indistinguishable outside color.
    Maybe 20ish pages ago someone posted a high resolution side by side with the Garrosh cinematic model and the image. The hood looks vastly different imo. I guess we won't know until tomorrow, but my money is on it being a real image. Just like SL.

  9. #44909
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    There's people like this every hype thread, it's pretty much part of the tradition at this point.
    Oh, tomorrow is going to be entertainment all day.

  10. #44910
    Quote Originally Posted by Foreign Exchange Ztudent View Post
    Good question, the problem is that fictional content these days is seen as an endorsement of the bad thing rather than rationally realizing it is part of the fictional universe for more intents than sexual gratification, pro-sexual violence, misogyny from the authors. (in this case with Alexstrasza's backstory)

    Obviously some people will point out things where this is the case and fair enough. But, again the Dragonmaw Clan has existed since Warcraft 2 days. Alexstrasza's name has nothing to do with Alex Afrasiabi and also again we're starting to ask questions that are so goofy in the first place.
    Most objections (like my own) come from a) poorly handled b) shown on screen and c) often used to be titillating.

    Want to know a piece of media that depicted it as part of the word well? Mad Max: Fury Road

    It's 100% clear what those women have been through and were used for, but it wasn't sexualized or used for shock value. It was part of the world building, even. It just proves you can actually tackle these topics without glorifying them.

  11. #44911
    Quote Originally Posted by cone of cold View Post
    Now that's not what happened, but Gul'dan does indeed look into a crystal, which is the one Illidan's corpse is in, and if the footage they've seen was presented in such a way, that right after that cinematic, they saw the Demon Hunter intro atop the Black Temple, I can see how someone can make the statement "Gul'dan looked into a crystal and saw Illidan train his Demon Hunters".
    The cinematic that didn't exist yet? People try to twist justifications for the information just being wrong.

    Also yeah, the problem with sexual violence being used as a plot tool isn't that it's tacit encouragement, it's that it's typically done rather poorly and gratuitously. I don't trust Blizzard to handle it at all.

  12. #44912
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    Anyone who played WoW on PC with a controller knows that addons wouldn't be the main issue. Controller is ok for questing and outworld stuff, but healers would just have an impossible time healing unless everything was made to be an AoE heal, and tanks too probably with targeting (would affect dps as well I guess).

    Can you imagine trying to write out macros with a controller keyboard?

    Yeah wow as the base game has many issues for controller play in the endgame avenues of content.
    I don’t know if they’d want to do this but they could make end game content input-required. Like you can do LFR or random heroics but not anything more.

    That kind of hamstrings the potential sale of a console version though so who knows

  13. #44913
    Bloodsail Admiral Foreign Exchange Ztudent's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Sep 2021
    Location
    In Managed Decline
    Posts
    1,156
    Quote Originally Posted by Biruteka View Post
    Do you think they'll put anything directly related to a period that in lore talks about rape of female dragons? this is literally going to be the first thing they're going to retcon in this expansion, forget about that lore...
    I mean it would be in the best interest of Blizzard Entertainment to not even mention it in the first place.
    I no longer reply to quotations beyond if you're asking a genuine question or have a non-confrontational stance.

    Nihil.


  14. #44914
    Quote Originally Posted by cone of cold View Post
    And if that is true, there is no reason to believe that this guy has any contact to anyone on the inside or working on press releases or anything.
    I don't think almost anything he's said is real. I just believe the images are real. The rest is just headcannon trying to generate discussion and then hopefully be "right" to make them seem like they're in the know.

  15. #44915
    Immortal Shadochi's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    The Shit Throne
    Posts
    7,802
    Quote Originally Posted by cone of cold View Post
    I thought the same thing, but what he did say was that Gul'dan looks into a crystal and sees Illidan training his Demon Hunters. Now that's not what happened, but Gul'dan does indeed look into a crystal, which is the one Illidan's corpse is in, and if the footage they've seen was presented in such a way, that right after that cinematic, they saw the Demon Hunter intro atop the Black Temple, I can see how someone can make the statement "Gul'dan looked into a crystal and saw Illidan train his Demon Hunters".

    It's possible. But the important thing here is, that there are two posts in which he claims in 2017 and 2022 that these leaks originated from someone on MMO-Champion, who also posted about it on Twitter. And that that guy was the one to first leak the information.

    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...3#post47718543



    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...6#post53672426





    And if that is true, there is no reason to believe that this guy has any contact to anyone on the inside or working on press releases or anything.
    off topic but wtf, first time I've seen nested quotes done on MMOC
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

  16. #44916
    Immortal Shadochi's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    The Shit Throne
    Posts
    7,802
    Quote Originally Posted by Evwaldi View Post
    Scaleface just seeks attention.

    Posting:
    Low res Pictures
    Silly riddles
    another point of view: he wants people here to have fun and he accomplished that. Be it fake or real I dont care, I had fun
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

  17. #44917
    Quote Originally Posted by Evwaldi View Post
    Scaleface just seeks attention.

    Posting:
    Low res Pictures
    Silly riddles
    If you solve the problem of the Cattatafish, three trials shall you take to learn the first four letters of the third zone!

    Just...

  18. #44918
    I am Murloc! Wangming's Avatar
    3+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Not Azeroth
    Posts
    5,389
    Quote Originally Posted by Evwaldi View Post
    Scaleface just seeks attention.

    Posting:
    Low res Pictures
    Silly riddles
    To be fair to give credit where it's due, his riddles were the most fun we had in this thread for like a month definitely.

  19. #44919
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    another point of view: he wants people here to have fun and he accomplished that. Be it fake or real I dont care, I had fun
    Yeah, same for me

  20. #44920
    Immortal Shadochi's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    The Shit Throne
    Posts
    7,802
    Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    To be fair to give credit where it's due, his riddles were the most fun we had in this thread for like a month definitely.
    Oh they were the most fun investigative work in this thread since the start, the images we had previously could all be easily disproven with reverse image search but this was an interesting twist
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •