Quote Originally Posted by [Apok] View Post
    Instead of every bad guy being corrupted, can't we just have one bad guy who is a cunt, just because that's who they are
    His name was Gul'dan

Quote Originally Posted by Gifdwarf View Post
    I'm not sure what that means that it's neither. Does that mean the race doesn't have a humanoid form outside of the Dracthyr form?
    What are you referring to?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheezits View Post
    Did any of the leakers mention a revamp? I heard someone said SMC
    The leaked logo suggests mini revamp of EK.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Izalla View Post
    Add the one with the longboi neck
    For that one i do need the link, as its not in ercarps spreadsheet.

Formerly known as Arafal

Just please be good and don't let Danuser talk.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Pandaria wasn't an unknown, and the Mogu and the Thunder King were all part of it. Pandaria was known and demanded by a lot of people for a very a long time.

Nightborne are just recolored Night Elves, one of the most popular races in WoW, hardly a risk. Additionally, they came out with 9 other races.
    The Mogu and the Thunder King were invented for MoP and never mentioned before...

Quote Originally Posted by Deventh View Post
    What are you referring to?
    ahgsfds posts

Knight of the Astral Star Local Ardenweald Faerie's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ahgsfds View Post
    You can customise both forms, like you do with worgens, but saying that humanoid is human? that's harsh. Depends how you will do it. Sadly, you cant be a dragon gnome.
    My point is that the humanoid looks human, but I get ya.

Are you saying we can't be draconian other races like Pandaren? We're stuck with some human with scales?

Quote Originally Posted by Magenugget View Post
    Just please be good and don't let Danuser talk.
    Rent free.

neither, its drakonid
    ok so that (if we take you as 100% legit which at this point im not doubting anyone really) confirms the screenshots of the new dragon race and the character select to be fake

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    For that one i do need the link, as its not in ercarps spreadsheet.
    https://i.imgur.com/eSKpNHv.png

7+ Year Old Account
    You can customise both forms, like you do with worgens, but saying that humanoid is human? that's harsh. Depends how you will do it. Sadly, you cant be a dragon gnome.
    So its just garbage elf dragon then

fuck, its demon hunter all over again

On the topic of the alternate form though, can you use it in combat? Or are you forced into the dragon form >.<?

Quote Originally Posted by Gurkan View Post
    His name was Gul'dan
    Zovaal *chuckles*
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by genegerbread View Post
    Definitely not the last expansion. No matter how bad the game gets, they'll keep making it so long as it makes them money.
    That's definitely true, question is for how much longer it'll be making money.

WoW peaked at ~12 million players back in WotLK and then has been pretty steadily losing players over the past 11 years. At the end of MoP we were down to 7.5 million players. in Warlords of Draenor we dipped down to ~5 million players, and Blizzard decided to stop doing subscription announcements around that time.

Given that WoW lost 7 million players between 2011-2015, I'd imagine we're quite a bit lower than those 5 million over these past 7 years, even if we assume that the decline stopped being as sharp as it was before.

Blizzard's definitely focused less on WoW past couple of years so they've probably found ways to cut corners and cheap out to keep it profitable for longer, but we can't be all *that* far away from the line that crosses into unprofitable. WoW has a fraction of the playerbase it once had.

Quote Originally Posted by Deventh View Post
    I think the game is being held together by the Classic versions. If that was not a thing it wouldn't survive that many bad rolls.
    How many people are playing EverQuest? It got its 27th expansion in 2020 and EverQuest 2 got its 17th the same year. WoW probably has a few good years left, if anything I could see it going F2P if they lose too many subscriptions down the line.

Imagine if they exclude gnomes when there's a Chromie around. Blasphemy. She is more popular than Alexstrasza.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    I agree here in general, but Dragon stuff seems to appeal people. So giving the players random Dragon stuff might be good enough.
    Here's the thing though; WoW fans have an expectation of what a WoW dragon is and looks like. You can't deviate too far from that aesthetic or people will think it looks terrible. Hence why if Blizzard was making a dragon race, they would go with Drakonoids because WoW players have known of Drakonoids for years and they appear in WoW related material like the TTRPG, CCG, and Hearthstone. Will everyone like a Drakonoid? Probably not, but they would ACCEPT it because they know its been a part of WoW for decades. You don't have that cushion of familiarity with some random dragon race using the Metamorphosis skeleton.

The same applies to classes. WoW has never just plopped out some unknown class. All WoW expansion classes are known quantities that players have asked for and actually played with in other Blizzard formats. If Blizzard just plopped out random classes like other games, we would gotten a new class in Shadowlands. Blizzard doesn't work in that fashion, they're very careful about what new classes they bring into the game. They even tie new classes to established lore figures to make the class more of a fit in the game. Evoker/Envoker/Invoker doesn't go along with that philosophy at all, and seems like a random class addition with no rhyme or reason to a WoW expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Hansworst View Post
    Blizzard probably thinks dragons are more appealing then Tinkers. And I think they are right.
    like 99% of nerd culture agrees
    heck this year has added new dragon stuff to most IPs including a new dragon subclass in D&D which imo is amazing

Trying not to doom too hard but..

It’s going to be really funny seeing the people angry that you can’t be a gnome if that’s true. The most hated race in the game and people will complain that you can’t be Chromie, despite probably not having a desire to roll a gnome in the first place.