Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Die from laughter because it would be a massive fail on Blizzard's part. If you're trying to course correct, you do what you did in Legion and bring out the known big guns. You don't take wild chances on unknowns.
    I'm sorry but Tinkers are most definitely not big guns, I feel a majority will definitely prefer a new caster class over a tech one anyday.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TriHardBanEvader View Post
    On the topic of the alternate form though, can you use it in combat? Or are you forced into the dragon form >.<?
    That is I dont know. I just got a quick look at the looks. No idea about theirs combat.

Quote Originally Posted by ahgsfds View Post
    That is I dont know. I just got a quick look at the looks. No idea about theirs combat.
    Did you see anything to do with Evokers at all? We have a critical lack of information on the class except that it may have one flame healing spec.

What races can they be?

You can be an Elf?

Quote Originally Posted by Magenugget View Post
    Just please be good and don't let Danuser talk.
    hes currently under observation after Sylvanas's return was scrapped and her new romantic scenes with anduin were added

Quote Originally Posted by Local Ardenweald Faerie View Post
    Not the dwarf, but:

Can the drakonid race have humanoid forms based off any race... or are we stuck with humans?

It’s a RACE not a class…LOL

7+ Year Old Account
    You can customise both forms, like you do with worgens, but saying that humanoid is human? that's harsh. Depends how you will do it. Sadly, you cant be a dragon gnome.
    Does it also have worgen mechanics where you turn into the lizard upon entering combat or can you stay in either form permanently?

edit: nvm, just saw your answer above.

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyrexia View Post
    I'm sorry but Tinkers are most definitely not big guns, I feel a majority will definitely prefer a new caster class over a tech one anyday.
    Uh, Tinkers are one of the most demanded for classes in WoW. You think Blizzard made that April Fool's joke because they aren't? Yeah, you might not like them, but they're a pretty consistent presence in Warcraft history. Further, there's a large audience of MMO players who highly enjoy technology classes, so bringing in a Tinker would attract that audience as well. An audience who might not be currently playing WoW because there isn't a class that appeals to them.

neither, its drakonid
    No wait explain better

The draknoid race are just humans with scale? Or you can choose any azeroth race as draknoid base form?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheezits View Post
    What races can they be?
    emm, they are the race

Quote Originally Posted by Rathwell View Post
    That's definitely true, question is for how much longer it'll be making money.

WoW peaked at ~12 million players back in WotLK and then has been pretty steadily losing players over the past 11 years. At the end of MoP we were down to 7.5 million players. in Warlords of Draenor we dipped down to ~5 million players, and Blizzard decided to stop doing subscription announcements around that time.

Given that WoW lost 7 million players between 2011-2015, I'd imagine we're quite a bit lower than those 5 million over these past 7 years, even if we assume that the decline stopped being as sharp as it was before.

Blizzard's definitely focused less on WoW past couple of years so they've probably found ways to cut corners and cheap out to keep it profitable for longer, but we can't be all *that* far away from the line that crosses into unprofitable. WoW has a fraction of the playerbase it once had.
    is that 12m before or after the removal of china from sub count

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Here's the thing though; WoW fans have an expectation of what a WoW dragon is and looks like. You can't deviate too far from that aesthetic or people will think it looks terrible. Hence why if Blizzard was making a dragon race, they would go with Drakonoids because WoW players have known of Drakonoids for years and they appear in WoW related material like the TTRPG, CCG, and Hearthstone. Will everyone like a Drakonoid? Probably not, but they would ACCEPT it because they know its been a part of WoW for decades. You don't have that cushion of familiarity with some random dragon race using the Metamorphosis skeleton.

The same applies to classes. WoW has never just plopped out some unknown class. All WoW expansion classes are known quantities that players have asked for and actually played with in other Blizzard formats. If Blizzard just plopped out random classes like other games, we would gotten a new class in Shadowlands. Blizzard doesn't work in that fashion, they're very careful about what new classes they bring into the game. They even tie new classes to established lore figures to make the class more of a fit in the game. Evoker/Envoker/Invoker doesn't go along with that philosophy at all, and seems like a random class addition with no rhyme or reason to a WoW expansion.
    It goes against YOUR expectations, not all WoW fans. You always think you speak for ALL WoW fans but you don't.

Tinkers could be cool if done properly, but I think some wow fans will go in wanting to hate them.

Chrono is a restricted name in-game, chronomancer mage spec confirmed /s

Knight of the Astral Star Local Ardenweald Faerie's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yusefstrasza View Post
    Yep.

And dragons, as a race, have been known to disguise themselves as any of the current races we have in game. What's your point?

emm, they are the race
    he means the humanoid version

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yusefstrasza View Post
    its a race that work like worgen

human->werewolf

people want to know if it will be just

Elf->dragon form

or

Any race->Dragon form

guys, what class colour do you think will evoker be?

Quote Originally Posted by Hansworst View Post
    It goes against YOUR expectations, not all WoW fans. You always think you speak for ALL WoW fans but you don't.
    No, he's pretty right on that topic, WoW fans especially have a quite clear idea of what a dragon is supposed to look like, especially considering we've been facing them for about 15 years or so now