1. #50881
    Quote Originally Posted by Blayze View Post
    Thing is, if the dragon form is the only combat form, then the illusion could be ANYTHING.
    this is the issue. I understand not having every class being able to be the race, however it wouldn't require that much effort to add some scales to other races and let them be the class. screams laziness and budget cuts

  2. #50882
    Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    Not according to people who have actually worked at Blizzard. Afrasiabi was in charge until he was fired. Then Danuser was in charge only because all the story guys are gone. So Afrasiabi was in charge of the story of Shadowlands until it was two late to make any major changes.
    you mean the whole twitter thing that was blown out proportion?

  3. #50883
    Quote Originally Posted by KainneAbsolute View Post
    Answer on why Dracthyr is only evoker:

    Hazzikostas said. "Having a breath weapon, having wings, those are unique gifts that would inevitably influence the way you fight. Then we also started thinking about representations of the power of our dragonflights we've seen in Warcraft but also in other games like Heroes of the Storm's take on Alexstrasza or Chromie, for example. That started to feel like, 'No, this is a different class.'

    https://www.gamespot.com/articles/wo.../1100-6502576/
    Those abilities sound suspiciously like racials

  4. #50884
    Quote Originally Posted by Jodmos View Post
    Those abilities sound suspiciously like racials
    Too many of them tbh.

  5. #50885
    Quote Originally Posted by KainneAbsolute View Post
    Answer on why Dracthyr is only evoker:

    Hazzikostas said. "Having a breath weapon, having wings, those are unique gifts that would inevitably influence the way you fight. Then we also started thinking about representations of the power of our dragonflights we've seen in Warcraft but also in other games like Heroes of the Storm's take on Alexstrasza or Chromie, for example. That started to feel like, 'No, this is a different class.'

    https://www.gamespot.com/articles/wo.../1100-6502576/

    This makes sense for why Evoker is only Dracthyr, but not for why Dracthyr is only evoker.

    You don't need a lore reason for a Dracthyr to pick up a sword and shield and decide to fight that way.

    Toss some of the dragon powers into the racials and you've got your "unique gifts" while also opening up the race to other classes.

  6. #50886
    Quote Originally Posted by Zexaniro View Post
    this is the issue. I understand not having every class being able to be the race, however it wouldn't require that much effort to add some scales to other races and let them be the class. screams laziness and budget cuts
    I guess Blizzard explains the lack of the other ones by saying that Neltharion specifically only used humans.

    It might use the Belf Model but its still a human nonetheless.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    It just sounded ominous as if he would save that info for future use to something, that's all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Next class is Necromancer. Tinker will never happen.

    You read first here.
    Oh yeah?

  7. #50887
    Quote Originally Posted by wowrefugee View Post
    This makes sense for why Evoker is only Dracthyr, but not for why Dracthyr is only evoker.

    You don't need a lore reason for a Dracthyr to pick up a sword and shield and decide to fight that way.

    Toss some of the dragon powers into the racials and you've got your "unique gifts" while also opening up the race to other classes.
    It conveniently allows them to not have to make weapon animations for the dragon form.

  8. #50888
    Good night folks, what a disappointing day / night this was. I still feel like every Dragonflight fake leak was better than what we’ve got, which is a shame.

    I wish at least the Quel‘thanas issue would have been solved, but they seem to not care about open threads at all. Such a wasted opportunity.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

  9. #50889

  10. #50890
    The Lightbringer Valysar's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    France
    Posts
    3,773
    Still no preorders ? So weird. It usually happens at the same time of an announcement right ?

  11. #50891
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post


    Scalies are going to love this shit.
    Furries and scalies are the target demographic of this game now.

  12. #50892
    Quote Originally Posted by The-Shan View Post
    man the dracthyr only being in Dracthyr form in combat is a real shame, and a big dealbreaker for me, I hope they reconsider.
    Yeah I’d love to play those draconic humans, but that ugly dragon form? No thank you. It’s just awful.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

  13. #50893
    Epic! Merryck's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Seat of the Pantheon
    Posts
    1,730
    Quote Originally Posted by Valysar View Post
    Still no preorders ? So weird. It usually happens at the same time of an announcement right ?
    It would be weird if they didn't capitalise on the initial announcement hype soon ...

  14. #50894
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post


    Scalies are going to love this shit.
    I dislike that you're instantly a furry or in this case a scalie, just because you enjoy how a race looks.

    I cant count how many times I've been called a furry just because I like to play a Worgen or Werewolf in WoW or Skyrim.

    But yeah, man I am so hyped for that Black Dragon form!

    Why cant the Expac be out right now when theres still so much free time for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    It just sounded ominous as if he would save that info for future use to something, that's all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Next class is Necromancer. Tinker will never happen.

    You read first here.
    Oh yeah?

  15. #50895
    The Undying Teriz's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Soul of Azeroth
    Posts
    30,269
    Quote Originally Posted by KainneAbsolute View Post
    Answer on why Dracthyr is only evoker:

    Hazzikostas said. "Having a breath weapon, having wings, those are unique gifts that would inevitably influence the way you fight. Then we also started thinking about representations of the power of our dragonflights we've seen in Warcraft but also in other games like Heroes of the Storm's take on Alexstrasza or Chromie, for example. That started to feel like, 'No, this is a different class.'

    https://www.gamespot.com/articles/wo.../1100-6502576/
    Yep, I called it.

  16. #50896
    Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    In the same urn as Vol'Jin
    Posts
    4,750
    Quote Originally Posted by Deventh View Post
    And then we have Dragonflight... A Golem goes to sleep then wakes up 10,000 years later.... spins a wheel and climbs up a tower because it malfunctions and then gets blasted from the top and gets saved by Alexstrasza with few other dragons flying around. I am sorry, but that wasn't hyped or interesting to me. It still looked visually cool, but nothing like their previous works. So I hope I explained myself enough.
    I get it, but I'm pretty sure it's intentional. I know you're a big fan of Sylvanas and the associates massive character-drama that goes with her, but most people aren't, and I don't think it was remotely an accident that this trailer didn't feature:

    A) Any faction characters.

    B) Any combat, particularly between the two factions.

    C) Any ridiculous speeches.

    D) Any portents of doom.

    Your preferred cinematics are basically chock full of this stuff.
    "A youtuber said so."

    "... some wow experts being interviewed..."

    "According to researchers from Wowhead..."

  17. #50897
    Quote Originally Posted by The-Shan View Post
    man the dracthyr only being in Dracthyr form in combat is a real shame, and a big dealbreaker for me, I hope they reconsider.
    It's frustrating because they've had feedback for years about this - people who want regular form for Moonkin, or human in combat for Worgen. And yet they make the same mistake again, and many more, with this new race/class.

  18. #50898
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Good night folks, what a disappointing day / night this was. I still feel like every Dragonflight fake leak was better than what we’ve got, which is a shame.

    I wish at least the Quel‘thanas issue would have been solved, but they seem to not care about open threads at all. Such a wasted opportunity.
    Yeah this coalesced badly in the last 24 hours. I truly hope the profession revamp is an A+, but it won't be, because they seemingly won't steal Ff14s idea of high quality materials and actual craft action bar skills.

  19. #50899
    Quote Originally Posted by Malorne the White Stag View Post
    Would make the expac better if we got some allied races for non-evokers to play
    There are those new giants, the new Gnolls and the new Tuskarr, so... if they were smart they'd know what to do!

  20. #50900
    Quote Originally Posted by Rathwell View Post
    I think MoP may also have had new race/class combos? I don't recall
    Cata had the new combos. Legion added Hunters to Gnomes.

    Naturally MoP did add Monk to most races.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •