1. #51801
    Immortal Shadochi's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    The Shit Throne
    Posts
    7,803
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    Funny thing is how blizzard don't learn that people on twitter being happy means nothing, they were happy for everythin in shadowlands and the game was garbage
    Happy people on twitter = free twitter marketing
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

  2. #51802
    I have a handful of issues with Dracthyr, but the appearance isn't one of them, and I'm not a 'scaley'. I do think some of the edits, where they slightly adjust the head size or chest width look better, though.

    Earlier in the thread I mentioned how I hoped they'd let the humanoid form be other classes, and keep the dragon locked to evoker. A few people really liked that idea, but I realized there's 0% chance Blizzard does it. You can't have the humanoid form - which is just a visage for the dragon - without the dragon. Which is a shame! I wish they had done the lore for this race/class different.

  3. #51803
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    you don't even need to be that bulky, just be something not anorexic, they are too skinny, they shoulders are too small, this in contrast with the big feet, hands and wings make then look dumb
    Made to appeal to weebs, and built like them too.

    I was hoping for more than just the other half of a Demon Hunter.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

  4. #51804
    Banned Teriz's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Soul of Azeroth
    Posts
    30,058
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    Are you rly serious right now?

    No they would not be, and funny of you to say that when they are demon hunter 2.0
    Uh yes they would. The only thing a bulky dragon race would add is yet another big bulky player race. Need I remind you that the last three bulky races added (Kul'tirans, HM Tauren, LF Draenei) were pretty much failures in terms of gaining players?

    Also this isn't DH 2.0. The dragon class being offered here is bringing new gameplay opportunities to players that no other class can offer.

    Who said they would not have dragon abilities? you know races have racials right?
    Using fire breath every 3 minutes isn't a sought-after player experience.

    Did you ever played other games with humanoid dragons?

    In D&D dragonborns can use 5 diferent dragon breaths depending on their color, like blue lightining and red fire, they get resistance to damage and other shenanigans
    Again, in WoW that would be a racial and have weak damage and a long cooldown due to balance consideration. If you want to fulfill the draconic fantasy, a dragon class is the best way to go about it.

  5. #51805
    The Insane Syegfryed's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Darkshore, Killing Living and Dead elves
    Posts
    19,853
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheezits View Post
    Except that it means the target audience for the race likes the race, just like Vulpera were aimed primarily at a new audience for WoW.
    Those people don't even play the game my dude, and the momment they see a subscription and the game price they will not be new wow players

  6. #51806
    Immortal Shadochi's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    The Shit Throne
    Posts
    7,803
    Quote Originally Posted by wowrefugee View Post
    I have a handful of issues with Dracthyr, but the appearance isn't one of them, and I'm not a 'scaley'. I do think some of the edits, where they slightly adjust the head size or chest width look better, though.

    Earlier in the thread I mentioned how I hoped they'd let the humanoid form be other classes, and keep the dragon locked to evoker. A few people really liked that idea, but I realized there's 0% chance Blizzard does it. You can't have the humanoid form - which is just a visage for the dragon - without the dragon. Which is a shame! I wish they had done the lore for this race/class different.
    "They gave up their draconic powers to pursue other avenues now that they are part of the mortal world"

    There, a reason to just have the visage with other classes in a future patch (I hope for this too at some point since I was gonna roll my warrior or mage into one when we got the screenshots on monday)
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

  7. #51807
    Dreadlord Berkilak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    The Green Chapel
    Posts
    918
    Quote Originally Posted by ImTheMizAwesome View Post
    Just so more people can enjoy it too, people should never be opposed to more options for players to have.

    There's no reason for female/feminine pandas to have boobs or vulpera, yet you have it, its a fantasy game.
    I'd love to have scrawny Orcs and Humans, too.

    But there comes a point at which you're just looking a gift horse in the mouth.

  8. #51808
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    By that logic, those arguing against the reuse of assets/rigs are effectively arguing for less content, so yeah, by all means reuse rigs/assets. I'm sure the next world revamp will reuse a ton of assets from the Dragon Isles in e.g. Northrend as some zones are pretty much the same themes. Garrison assets are still getting reused today. I don't see how any of that is a big deal.
    I'm not against reusing assets. I'm just pointing out the biggest criticism Ion gets as director of WoW is that he can't bring new, innovative ideas to the game & he just premiered an expansion where nothing is new.

    Welcome to Transition Blizzard: Where our biggest titles are several analogous iterations of Diablo

  9. #51809
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    Those people don't even play the game my dude, and the momment they see a subscription and the game price they will not be new wow players
    https://wowanalytica.com/statistics/region/us

    Vulpera and Void elves are in the top 10 of races.

  10. #51810
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheezits View Post
    Even if a controversy is raised they will just change the angle of some arms like they did with Zandalari, who forever were Male Night Elves.

    There's enough differences that people are going to laugh this off though.
    Of course people will laugh this off because they should.
    It's standard in the gaming industry and it allows devs to focus their resources on things that actually require it. Wasting tons of resources to achieve a bunch of animations that, to the regular player, are mostly undistinguishable from other animations that they've created previously, isn't to the benefit of the player.
    Not that I'm an expert, but it seems obvious to me. Some people have a really warped perception of game development.

  11. #51811
    The Insane Syegfryed's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Darkshore, Killing Living and Dead elves
    Posts
    19,853
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Uh yes they would. The only thing a bulky dragon race would add is yet another big bulky player race. Need I remind you that the last three bulky races added (Kul'tirans, HM Tauren, LF Draenei) were pretty much failures in terms of gaining players?
    And you think they are a failure because they are bulky and not reskined version of the races we already have?

    This is composition fallacy

    Taurens and draeneis are pretty popular, and if you mix their variants the numbers grow.
    Also this isn't DH 2.0. The dragon class being offered here is bringing new gameplay opportunities to players that no other class can offer.
    My dude, this is straight up DH 2.0

    You have a humanoid elf, with dragon/demon customizations, that turn into a dragon/demon form, to perform the skills of the class, who only have 2 specs, the dragon/demon form don't use armor/wepons, you even have a breath that works like th eyebean

    They are only a race because blizzard to sell as such so they don't have the work to make other humanoid forms/visage, and they didn't had the same excuse to lock demon hunter to elves, is pure lazyness.

    Using fire breath every 3 minutes isn't a sought-after player experience.
    And you think those abilities will not have a CD? lmao

    Again, in WoW that would be a racial and have weak damage and a long cooldown due to balance consideration. If you want to fulfill the draconic fantasy, a dragon class is the best way to go about it.
    everyone can safely say you can have both, a humanoid dragon and a class who use dragon power

    Quote Originally Posted by wowrefugee View Post
    Earlier in the thread I mentioned how I hoped they'd let the humanoid form be other classes, and keep the dragon locked to evoker. A few people really liked that idea, but I realized there's 0% chance Blizzard does it. You can't have the humanoid form - which is just a visage for the dragon - without the dragon. Which is a shame! I wish they had done the lore for this race/class different.
    that would be just lame, its just another blood elf male and human female with some horns and scales who can be other classes

  12. #51812
    Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    I'm not against reusing assets. I'm just pointing out the biggest criticism Ion gets as director of WoW is that he can't bring new, innovative ideas to the game & he just premiered an expansion where nothing is new.
    Didn't we just have an expansion where we got Torghast?

    Even in Dragonflight we have the flying revamp. Is that not something new?
    The world revamp dream will never die!

  13. #51813
    Quote Originally Posted by Berkilak View Post
    I'd love to have scrawny Orcs and Humans, too.

    But there comes a point at which you're just looking a gift horse in the mouth.
    Limited options doesn't look like a gift horse in the mouth type of thing, i get what you're saying but its pretty much the product that will be sold as the biggest thing for pre order early release probably.

    I think these times you have to voice your opinion, because many companies just don't listen to anything and they just release unfinished mess that gets fixed after 2 years. :P

    At bare minimum i thought that at least OG races will have draconic customization options and be able to roll into new class if theres one.

    Human female running damsel in distress animation or a-hole standing BE male, pretty much the only 2 options, they really went with abysmall creative route and went for two most default ones..

  14. #51814
    Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    I'm not against reusing assets. I'm just pointing out the biggest criticism Ion gets as director of WoW is that he can't bring new, innovative ideas to the game & he just premiered an expansion where nothing is new.

    Welcome to Transition Blizzard: Where our biggest titles are several analogous iterations of Diablo
    The most desired features of WoW are things like housing and talent trees, neither of which are new ideas.

  15. #51815
    Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    I'm not against reusing assets. I'm just pointing out the biggest criticism Ion gets as director of WoW is that he can't bring new, innovative ideas to the game & he just premiered an expansion where nothing is new.
    I feel like we've looked at entirely different things, as usual.

    Maybe this forum is a portal between alternate realities, one in which Dragonflight had absolutely nothing new, and my universe.

  16. #51816
    The Insane Syegfryed's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Darkshore, Killing Living and Dead elves
    Posts
    19,853
    Quote Originally Posted by Berkilak View Post
    But there comes a point at which you're just looking a gift horse in the mouth.
    we are paying, expensively, for the horse, is not a gift

    Quote Originally Posted by Cheezits View Post
    https://wowanalytica.com/statistics/region/us

    Vulpera and Void elves are in the top 10 of races.
    ok? can you see the other races above then?

    Im saying twitter people don't play warcraft.

  17. #51817
    Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    A high mobility ranged dps and healer is going to be popular even if its ugly af.
    We have no idea how it works and if it is mobile.

    Plus it can be outdone by other specs if tuned wrongly.

  18. #51818
    Dreadlord Berkilak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    The Green Chapel
    Posts
    918
    Quote Originally Posted by ImTheMizAwesome View Post
    Limited options doesn't look like a gift horse in the mouth type of thing, i get what you're saying but its pretty much the product that will be sold as the biggest thing for pre order early release probably.

    I think these times you have to voice your opinion, because many companies just don't listen to anything and they just release unfinished mess that gets fixed after 2 years. :P

    At bare minimum i thought that at least OG races will have draconic customization options and be able to roll into new class if theres one.

    Human female running damsel in distress animation or a-hole standing BE male, pretty much the only 2 options, they really went with abysmall creative route and went for two most default ones..
    I mean, it's pretty clear that this is already a compromise. They couldn't give us "full dragons." But they decided to forge ahead nevertheless to get playable dragons to us. That's a leap of faith, already, and a risky decision. I want to applaud that line of thinking rather than rejecting it on the basis of a few nitpicks.

  19. #51819
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    I feel like we've looked at entirely different things, as usual.

    Maybe this forum is a portal between alternate realities, one in which Dragonflight had absolutely nothing new, and my universe.
    Must have been a long time since the timelines diverged as well, because SL, BfA, and Legion were all crammed with new stuff. From M+, WQs, Warfronts and Torghast.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

  20. #51820
    Still haven't recovered from the side-splitting laughter. Blizzard is really hitting on all the thinly veiled fetishes at this point, huh? May as well make the game Second Life 2.0 if nothing else works.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •