7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Foreign Exchange Ztudent View Post
    Engineering to the rescue, lets gooo.
    TiNkErS cOnFiRmEd
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    Well, besides that Blizzard logic rarely resembles our Earth logic, if you asked anybody they'd say the first wave of allied races were WAY more related to Legion than BFA, even if "Allied Races relate to the theme of BFA" (Arguably the theme of the entire franchise) you could also just as easily say "the reason they didn't mention a Darkfallen allied race pre-order specifically because it didn't relate to yesterday's presentation.
    I mean, that's what we do here, try to elucidate whatever logic Blizzard is working under, however bizarre it might be!

IMO it really is less about justifying our own personal wishes or even intuition and trying to get their train of thought. Which is hard.

So that's where I'm at. I *want* darkfallen, but with the lack of solid clues like assets or coding I really don't think it's happening. Self delusionally I still think we might get some customization options tho.

15+ Year Old Account
    Night Elf Forsaken loyal to the Alliance & Blood Elf Forsaken loyal to the Horde seems to make as much sense as the Silver Covenant & Sunreavers in Dalaran.
    What is "Forsaken" though? Couldn't their be splinter groups just like Death Knights where they join the Horde and Alliance? Blizzard has even had the death knights face off against each other as well. An allied race that is a sub-set of the "Forsaken" label can easily be neutral.

Also isn't Lilian the current leader of the Forsaken? I thought Calia was just an advisor and helping them with whatever since she is "light-touched" undead.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    What is "Forsaken" though? Couldn't their be splinter groups just like Death Knights where they join the Horde and Alliance? Blizzard has even had the death knights face off against each other as well. An allied race that is a sub-set of the "Forsaken" label can easily be neutral.

Also isn't Lilian the current leader of the Forsaken? I thought Calia was just an advisor and helping them with whatever since she is "light-touched" undead.
    The forsaken don't really.... have a leader right now. IIRC Lilian took the role out of necessity.

Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    I mean, that's what we do here, try to elucidate whatever logic Blizzard is working under, however bizarre it might be!

IMO it really is less about justifying our own personal wishes or even intuition and trying to get their train of thought. Which is hard.

So that's where I'm at. I *want* darkfallen, but with the lack of solid clues like assets or coding I really don't think it's happening. Self delusionally I still think we might get some customization options tho.
    As it is the PTR sets up Darkfallen more than any other potential allied race, but otherwise yeah I feel like a kid who's parents forgot to pick them up from soccer practice: Like okay, blizzard, I showed up for yesterdays presentation & got nothing I wanted. I'm just watching the horizon like "is that them? Is that Forsaken Elves? Are they coming for me? The only power I have in this situation is a pathetic optimism"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Emet-Selch View Post
    The forsaken don't really.... have a leader right now. IIRC Lilian took the role out of necessity.
    When? The Hidden Need pretty explicitly shows Lilian giving that level authority to Calia.

As it is the PTR sets up Darkfallen more than any other potential allied race, but otherwise yeah I feel like a kid who's parents forgot to pick them up from soccer practice: Like okay, blizzard, I showed up for yesterdays presentation & got nothing I wanted. I'm just watching the horizon like "is that them? Is that Forsaken Elves? Are they coming for me? The only power I have in this situation is a pathetic optimism"
    People asked for a QOL, return to roots expansion and they seem to be delivering on that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheezits View Post
    What is there to speculate besides patch content? Galakrond lore is in launch, Murozond will be there eventually.

All there is to do is wait for Alpha.
    Yeah but it was going so fast I had to make sure it actually stopped and wasn't a me issue haha
    give up dat booty
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    <3
    For the matriarchy.

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post

Lilian is the seat on the Horde Council for Forsaken so she is going to be considered Forsaken Leader until they pull the trigger on Calia claiming responsibility for them.

- - - Updated - - -

When? The Hidden Need pretty explicitly shows Lilian giving that level authority to Calia.
    She gives Calia the Darkfallen to help out, which fits her neutral position as they are currently consisting of former-Alliance and Horde forces.

I can see them making Calia the Queen of Lordaeron but whether or not they keep Forsaken as their own thing, even if they live there, is up in the air. Either they will give Calia a story arc that makes her "worthy" of the Forsaken or they establish that she is not the actual racial leader.

There was another art piece of Alexstrasza shown from the front that's different than the one that's going around everywhere. I can't seem to find it, it's not on the press site or anywhere. Does anyone have it?

Quote Originally Posted by Emet-Selch View Post
    People asked for a QOL, return to roots expansion and they seem to be delivering on that.
    Do you know what people have been asking for much longer than that? Dark Rangers.

Blizzard has often described the difference between what players ask for and what they actually want. I see the problems with the game & a lot of people think reverting it to how it was in WotLK will fix them, but I don't. I don't see any actually confrontation towards the current problems with the game here. I guess it makes sense that they started on this expansion years ago because this seems like the solutions to a bygone era of WOW but shadowlands created entirely new problems & a dragon doesn't fix that.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    I dont see a reason for the sword to get removed.

We dealt with it in the end of Legion (our artifacts).

How do you think we go about removing it? Nobody on azeroth can pull it out. And if we pull it out we would leave a gushing wound in Azeroth

And planting a world tree in its place is a double no no, we all know what happened to the previous tree over old god lands
    because it has to be deal with?

lmao are we leaving a demonic weapon into azeroth that keeps bleeding out?

Quote Originally Posted by Cheezits View Post
    Lilian is the seat on the Horde Council for Forsaken so she is going to be considered Forsaken Leader until they pull the trigger on Calia claiming responsibility for them.
    Which is probably going to happen in the encrypted 9.2.5 event. My guess is that she uses her powers to cleanse Lordaeron or something but becomes a full-fledged Forsaken in doing so.

The sword is obviously going to go to Azeroth whenever she wakes up.

Might as well leave it there in the meantime.

Plus what the hell do we do with it, anyway? Its a planet sized sword. We can't exactly just lift it up, and even if we do,what then? Throw it into the ocean west of Kalimdor and make a new continent? Yeet it into orbit and make a new moon?

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Which is probably going to happen in the encrypted 9.2.5 event. My guess is that she uses her powers to cleanse Lordaeron or something but becomes a full-fledged Forsaken in doing so.
    It would be cool if it did something awful like literally melt her face off, so she has to use a mask that resembles the shattered Forsaken banner mask.
    Last edited by Cheezits; 2022-04-20 at 08:00 PM.

Basically. Like there are a lot of lore hints for Darkfallen; not only just now, and in the novel, but since Darkshore. It IS there.

But I don't know if that is meant to be translated into an Allied Race; I think an AR would be more hyped, have more clues, all that.

So my own delusional optimism is some cosmetic options for BE and NE.

Cause yeah, otherwise it's just so disheartening that we are not getting anything for all the other races. No more customization, no new class combos, no class skins. Nothing.

7+ Year Old Account
    We are on page 2666, don't forget to sacrifice a murloc to appease the duck gods.

Formerly known as Arafal

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dioporco View Post
    because it has to be deal with?

lmao are we leaving a demonic weapon into azeroth that keeps bleeding out?
    Until we can deal with the wound its safer to keep it in unless we want another well of eternity... because thats how you get one.

And it no longer has demonic influence, we dealt with that at end of legion or do people not remember how in lore we got rid of our artifact power

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    We are on page 2666, don't forget to sacrifice a murloc to appease the duck gods.
    too late... too late

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kiivar86 View Post
    The sword is obviously going to go to Azeroth whenever she wakes up.

Might as well leave it there in the meantime.

Plus what the hell do we do with it, anyway? Its a planet sized sword. We can't exactly just lift it up, and even if we do,what then? Throw it into the ocean west of Kalimdor and make a new continent? Yeet it into orbit and make a new moon?
    Yeah, thats me theory as well.

I guess people imagine that there is a spell to just woosh it away
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

work orders can be posted in the guild or community so maybe can counter bots

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Wat?

Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    But I don't know if that is meant to be translated into an Allied Race; I think an AR would be more hyped, have more clues, all that.
    They were even there, in the data, in 9.0 - They could have made those customization options for Blood Elves if they wanted, that they didn't points to them considering them for a future allied race.

My dreams would be completely dashed if "We're going to keep things secret far longer than we need to, or that it's even beneficial to do so" didn't seem to the Blizzard's entire philosophy right now. Just look at hiding the announcement cinematic for 6 extra months. Or the entire Sylvanas & Zovaal storyline.

Darkfallen aside, Allied Races as pre-order bonuses are just good for the game in general: It's something that encourages people to level new characters in the middle of a long content drought.
    Last edited by Ersula; 2022-04-20 at 08:07 PM.