1. #52061
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    Its obvious that 10.1 is Other side of Azeroth, 10.2 Other side of Draenor and 10.3 Other Side of Argus. And then a secret 10.4 being De Other Side revamped into a 40man raid

    - - - Updated - - -



    Seems to me that blizz is just looking into encrypting more story related stuff, would like to see that on alpha might be why they didn't talk so much about the story
    I’d agree if they weren’t the only quests encrypted. And I doubt they are relevant to DF

  2. #52062
    Elemental Lord Makabreska's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Streets Strange by Moonlight
    Posts
    8,833
    "There is a new big bad in Dragonflight, but just like Mists of Pandaria, the big bad won't be known initially."

    Yeee, did they forget they spoiled SoO during MoP reveal?

    "Players are expected to learn more about Galakrond, as well as the different aspects and other kinds of dragons that existed in the past."

    Welp, Galak was always a prime candidate for final boss, or at least a tier boss.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

  3. #52063
    I've come to the conclusion that this whole reveal has been rushed out.

    The fact that there isn't a single item on the shop related to Dragonflight was the clincher. Just revealed the next big thing and not having anything about it for sale to take advantage of the early hype is remarkable.

  4. #52064
    Quote Originally Posted by Jodmos View Post
    I've come to the conclusion that this whole reveal has been rushed out.

    The fact that there isn't a single item on the shop related to Dragonflight was the clincher. Just revealed the next big thing and not having anything about it for sale is remarkable.
    ok thanks for this analysis
    _____________________

    Homophobia is so gay.

  5. #52065
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilir View Post
    ok thanks for this analysis
    You must be fun.

  6. #52066
    Quote Originally Posted by Jodmos View Post
    I've come to the conclusion that this whole reveal has been rushed out.
    Why else would they make sure to pad out time introducing each new batch of people?
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

  7. #52067
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheezits View Post
    The biggest hint to the ARs is that Tirisfal is encrypted, just like the preorder stuff.

    World tree seed? Not encrypted. Tirisfal and everything in it? Encrypted. If it’s just the Forsaken getting Lordaeron back, why is it so secret? You can see updated Brill already and it’s not that different, so something syuper secret must be happening.

    Not even Zovaal’s CORPSE was encrypted and this is?

    There’s also things like that looks to be a new Velonara texture (I believe) who is the leader of the Dark Rangers and that area being where they were dropped off in 8.3. So we know that’s where they were last. Bolvars throne was similarly encrypted in BFA until we knew about the DK preorders.
    I mean sure, but I can't really agree with the logical leap that this encrypted stuff means AR, you know?

    And again, this is something I would happily be wrong about it, but I can't agree that any of this is *evidence* of an allied race yet to be revealed.

  8. #52068
    Quote Originally Posted by Blayze View Post
    Why else would they make sure to pad out time introducing each new batch of people?
    I took that as a bit of showing the diversity of the team rather than time wasting.

  9. #52069
    Quote Originally Posted by Jodmos View Post
    I've come to the conclusion that this whole reveal has been rushed out.

    The fact that there isn't a single item on the shop related to Dragonflight was the clincher. Just revealed the next big thing and not having anything about it for sale to take advantage of the early hype is remarkable.
    It is a little weird.

    For the first time, I'm actually wanting to buy a WoW print. That Alexstraza with the dragons art is sick.

  10. #52070
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    x.x.5 patches are whatever they want but mostly QoL and evergreen stuff. For example in Legion every .5 patch had a raid release with it (and allied races ). In BfA I believe one of the .5 patches also had a raid and questline. So while they are mostly QoL they they really can be anything blizz sees fit.

    But yeah I guess what 9.2.5 is missing is a sort of bridge between the two expacs as themes feel disconnected compared to what we had since Cata.

    Im good with that personally
    Pretty much. So I can't agree with the idea that something is *missing* from this patch because .5 releases aren't really consistent content drops.

    Cross Faction grouping and the expanded heritage and NE + Forsaken quests might be all we get and that would fit with what a .5 is so *shrug*

    (Oh but now thinking about it whatever NE and Forsaken are getting could be a suitable fit for their Heritage Set)

  11. #52071
    The Unstoppable Force Chickat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Orgrimmar
    Posts
    20,724
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    I disagree. Dragons don't wear armor, and I think most players are fine with their dragon wearing minimal to no armor as shown here;



    The only real hangup is all of them being stuck in skinny mode, but I think that's going to be resolved pretty quickly, because its an easy fix, and Blizzard was crowing about customizations for this race/class.

    I really don't think anything is going to sink this class. It allows you to essentially be a dragon (even to the point of being able to fly while in combat), and a lot of people are going to find that very appealing.
    Tbh, I think the above image is a bit TOO bulky, but I'm not against it.

  12. #52072
    Immortal Shadochi's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    The Shit Throne
    Posts
    7,803
    Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    "There is a new big bad in Dragonflight, but just like Mists of Pandaria, the big bad won't be known initially."

    Yeee, did they forget they spoiled SoO during MoP reveal?

    "Players are expected to learn more about Galakrond, as well as the different aspects and other kinds of dragons that existed in the past."

    Welp, Galak was always a prime candidate for final boss, or at least a tier boss.
    First raid are also primals that worship him
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

  13. #52073
    Quote Originally Posted by wowrefugee View Post
    It is a little weird.

    For the first time, I'm actually wanting to buy a WoW print. That Alexstraza with the dragons art is sick.
    That was something I expected to be there. Plus possibly the shot that was leaked of her and koranos on the tower 9similar to how the conematic shot of Bolvar was leaked early and was a print).

    Obviously there was little substance to the presentations, just the usual slapping each others backs and saying how great the new stuff is. It's possible they didn't go down the route of getting prints done as they wanted to keep this closer to their chest before the reveal. Ironic given they leaked the title themselves. Though the lack of actual detail on the tip your toe in the water (not a deep dive by any means) presentation would imply they maybe aren't that far along with the system iteration.

  14. #52074
    The Undying Teriz's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Soul of Azeroth
    Posts
    30,199
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Tbh, I think the above image is a bit TOO bulky, but I'm not against it.
    I agree somewhat. I think this one would be a better look;


  15. #52075
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Tbh, I think the above image is a bit TOO bulky, but I'm not against it.
    The one that was shown in the other thread of the black version looked about right. Not too bulky but bulky enough to look like it is a threat. The skinny model just looks a bit wussy. Can't see Deathwing thinking they'd be able to do anything he wanted them for.

    Edit - Teriz posted the one I mean.

  16. #52076
    Immortal Shadochi's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    The Shit Throne
    Posts
    7,803
    Both the raid bulky version and the black more muscular and harder edges version look good and I hope both get added alongside the current one.

    And if we push more for them they probably will get added as cutomization options for body type.
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

  17. #52077
    The Undying Teriz's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Soul of Azeroth
    Posts
    30,199
    Quote Originally Posted by Jodmos View Post
    The one that was shown in the other thread of the black version looked about right. Not too bulky but bulky enough to look like it is a threat. The skinny model just looks a bit wussy. Can't see Deathwing thinking they'd be able to do anything he wanted them for.

    Edit - Teriz posted the one I mean.
    I think the key to them being viewed as very powerful soldiers is their ability to use the powers of all the flights.

  18. #52078
    Scarab Lord ercarp's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Suramar
    Posts
    4,919
    After watching some of the dev interviews and taking time to properly mull over everything, I think overall DF looks very promising. The talent tree rework and profession overhaul are things that will carry forward beyond 10.0, and this is basically the first time they've done anything like that since Legion when they added Mythic+.

    Speaking of which, retroactively applying Mythic+ to dungeons from past expansions also sounds fun (in a potentially chaotic way, but fun nonetheless) and I'm excited to see what they'll look like. Can you imagine something like Deadmines in M+? That would be awesome.

    However, I will continue to voice my displeasure with the Dracthyr model until Blizzard acknowledges the community feedback and agrees to do something about them. But aside from that, as far as the gameplay and setting are concerned, DF sounds much better than either BfA or SL.

  19. #52079
    Quote Originally Posted by Snorlax View Post
    It does have a sort of "We scrapped together everything we managed to put together during covid and hope it's enough" vibe the more I think about it. All of it feels like it's just short of being great but they ran out of time and none of it is good as a result.
    I wondered if they tried to get this out to reignite a bit of interest in WoW now that Shadowlands is pretty much on the way down player numbers wise.

  20. #52080
    The Undying Teriz's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Soul of Azeroth
    Posts
    30,199
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    Both the raid bulky version and the black more muscular and harder edges version look good and I hope both get added alongside the current one.
    They will. They're all going to be options for the race.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •