1. #52541
    Elemental Lord Makabreska's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Streets Strange by Moonlight
    Posts
    8,564
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorca View Post
    Typical. Putting words in others mouths. Funny as always. Where did I say "lazy bastards"? Did I say I was a game designer? And what's the point in defending getting only two races? And do you actually know how many resources do they have? What we know is that they had time and they still will have, as they didn't even say when they are releasing these models.
    How much time? How many employees design and work on in-game models? How many hours per week? How much work on other models of the expansion they still have left? You say "we know", so how much?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by ercarp View Post
    Off-topic but I like how the troll who was impersonating everyone and spamming weird racist shit is still pestering me, except now it's on Reddit, Twitter, and Discord instead of here. I wonder if he's bothering others too or if he just has a special obsession with me.
    Yo, give pics. This gotta be that psycho Edward!
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2022-04-21 at 03:37 PM.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

  2. #52542
    Quote Originally Posted by wowrefugee View Post
    Yeah, I was surprised by how good it was. FFs pvp has been bad for so long I didn’t think they had it in them to fix it. There’s still some issues at a core level - like heals not going off for 1-2 seconds after the button is pressed. I’ll even go as far as to say CC is more fun than most WoW pvp I’ve done.

    Hmmm, in WoW? I think it could be fun, especially if the matches were just as short as CC usually is (3-7 minutes).
    Yeah I still don't enjoy the moment to moment combat in XIV as much as WoW, but the length of the matches I'm a big fan of too. I love WoW BGs but they can just drag on too much sometimes.

  3. #52543
    Scarab Lord ercarp's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Suramar
    Posts
    4,919
    Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Yo, give pics.
    Don't have any as I blocked and reported them instantly which deletes the "evidence". But I doubt they're going to stop anytime soon so I can screenshot them the next time.

    There's nothing new to share though, they're still just spamming the same "B vs W" bullshit with the blood elf female pics.

  4. #52544
    Pit Lord boyzma's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    In yer base, killing yer dudes
    Posts
    2,395
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorca View Post
    You say you don’t know about it, but then you say you are “pretty sure” about how it works. Talk about contradictions here. If they did it with two models, and they got the experience for doing that twice, why can’t they do it for different models so more people could enjoy it?

    Honestly, it’s pretty upsetting how egoistic so many of you are. You get your favorite models, and when other people ask for their favorite races to be able to get the chance to play as a Dracthyr too, then you do not only not support fellow players, but you also criticize them… so annoying.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Did I say it was copy pasting?
    How long did it take them to do it with 2....count them....2 models?? You think it's so easy....please, do explain it to us. And no....I hate elves and hate humans....bottom of my list on races...so your theory on that is wrong too.

  5. #52545
    Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    idk how you can bitch about Blizzard and their power creep and then praise GW2 in the same post lmao.

    The asspull of everything actually being Void, and Void being the BIGGER bad is the exact same thing Shadowlands did. Hell, Void being the fabric of reality and the source of every kind of energy on Tyria actually mirrors Zereth Mortis really well.

    Sure, the highs of GW2 are way better, but the lows are so much worse, and they have become more and more common.
    Maybe, but I'm not being FORCED to pay every month to be force-fed bad writing. Everything is current game, so I can just choose not to go to areas of the latest expansion and be reminded of bad things, whereas in WoW you can't do that.
    Everything else is better than what WoW is offering.
    Last edited by Jshadowhunter; 2022-04-21 at 03:43 PM.

  6. #52546
    Quote Originally Posted by Jshadowhunter View Post
    Maybe, but I'm not being FORCED to pay every month to be force-fed bad writing.
    Everything else is better than what WoW is offering.
    I mean, you are not being forced to pay every month at the moment either.

    And with the way Arenanet is completely dropping the ball on strikes or fractals at the moment, not to mention balance, I am glad I don't have to play.

    GW2 might be better at story, but WoW is better at everything else.

  7. #52547
    The Patient JDBlou's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Drogbar lands, drogbar stones
    Posts
    234
    Quote Originally Posted by ercarp View Post
    Off-topic but I like how the troll who was impersonating everyone and spamming weird racist shit is still pestering me, except now it's on Reddit, Twitter, and Discord instead of here. I wonder if he's bothering others too or if he just has a special obsession with me.
    Congrats you made a friend! A weird, racist non-friendly friend.

    What I think that's just a stalker
    I just think Ebonhorn is quite neat.

  8. #52548
    Quote Originally Posted by Jshadowhunter View Post
    Maybe, but I'm not being FORCED to pay every month to be force-fed bad writing.
    Everything else is better than what WoW is offering.
    There really is no reason to keep a continuous sub to wow if you are not looking to do instanced content with friends imo. You can experience the non repeatable content of an entire expac within a few months of gameplay. Lots of people do exactly that, they'll sub for 2-3 months at xpac release and then sub for a month every now and then to check new content.

  9. #52549
    Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    How much time? How many employees design and work on in-game models? How many hours per week? You say "we know", so how much?

    - - - Updated - - -
    You were the one being sarcastic and talking about time and resources as if you knew how many they have, mate. But come on, try to be a little bit honest here at least once; don't we know that the expansion doesn't even have a release date yet? Doesn't that mean that they still have time to work on the models? You gotta admit at least that.

  10. #52550
    Scarab Lord ercarp's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Suramar
    Posts
    4,919
    Quote Originally Posted by JDBlou View Post
    Congrats you made a friend! A weird, racist non-friendly friend.

    What I think that's just a stalker
    Guess that leaves me no choice but to unleash the Trogg Army on them.

  11. #52551
    The Patient JDBlou's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Drogbar lands, drogbar stones
    Posts
    234
    Quote Originally Posted by ercarp View Post
    Guess that leaves me no choice but to unleash the Trogg Army on them.
    The Underground Alliance will be swift but merciless
    I just think Ebonhorn is quite neat.

  12. #52552
    Elemental Lord Makabreska's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Streets Strange by Moonlight
    Posts
    8,564
    Quote Originally Posted by ercarp View Post
    Guess that leaves me no choice but to unleash the Trogg Army on them.
    That had to be the greatest pre-expansion thread of all time, with the number of leaks, trolling that went to a different level and with the sheer amount of pages spam.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

  13. #52553
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorca View Post
    You say you don’t know about it, but then you say you are “pretty sure” about how it works. Talk about contradictions here. If they did it with two models, and they got the experience for doing that twice, why can’t they do it for different models so more people could enjoy it?

    Honestly, it’s pretty upsetting how egoistic so many of you are. You get your favorite models, and when other people ask for their favorite races to be able to get the chance to play as a Dracthyr too, then you do not only not support fellow players, but you also criticize them… so annoying.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Did I say it was copy pasting?
    What he is saying is that its basically(simplified) being manually assigned to different spots on the character models - the textures as such are not a complete drawing but more of a collection of smaller tidbits that can be stretched/shrunk and so forth onto the desired models.

    Essentially its close to the same amount of work as creating a new texture and applying that.

  14. #52554
    Scarab Lord ercarp's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Suramar
    Posts
    4,919
    Quote Originally Posted by JDBlou View Post
    The Underground Alliance will be swift but merciless


    Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    That had to be the greatest pre-expansion thread of all time, with the number of leaks, trolling that went to a different level and with the sheer amount of pages spam.
    Definitely one that will be talked about and compared to for years to come during future leak seasons.

  15. #52555
    Quote Originally Posted by boyzma View Post
    How long did it take them to do it with 2....count them....2 models?? You think it's so easy....please, do explain it to us. And no....I hate elves and hate humans....bottom of my list on races...so your theory on that is wrong too.
    I didn't say I hate Elves or Humans at any point? One of my mains is a Kul'tiran, so try again. And where did I say it is "so easy"? Keep it going. All I said was "This would be great and not hard to make!", as they got those models and got the assets and textures already applied to two different models.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    What he is saying is that its basically(simplified) being manually assigned to different spots on the character models - the textures as such are not a complete drawing but more of a collection of smaller tidbits that can be stretched/shrunk and so forth onto the desired models.

    Essentially its close to the same amount of work as creating a new texture and applying that.

    Thanks for the not angry explanation! still, it wouldn't take the same time once you already created two of those textures, right?

  16. #52556
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorca View Post
    Please, don’t try to defend the lazyness of choosing again the blood elf model… how hard is it to put those already created textures on the other races?
    I like the Blood elf and human models *shrugs*

  17. #52557
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorca View Post
    Thanks for the not angry explanation! still, it wouldn't take the same time once you already created two of those textures, right?
    There definitely would be some time saving for the second race and forward because you can sample (copy in part) the base texture for each new race. When it comes to 3D elements like jewelry and so on, chances are you need to remake them every time. You are attaching them to a different model each time after all. And then you'd need to add textures to those but I'd expect that is much easier since those textures are probably stock (you don't need that much variety to make something look gold; gems probably take a lot more time though). So while further races would take somewhat less time, it's not significantly so.

    Then you have the question of how much to expand. I think the lore should allow for all the Azeroth natives at the time the Dracthyr were created which includes trolls, tauren and maybe goblins (though dwarves and gnomes were probably asleep)

  18. #52558
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyrexia View Post
    I like the Blood elf and human models *shrugs*
    And that's perfectly okay I like the persian/bearded Blood Elf of the images, but not so much the female Human...

  19. #52559
    I am absolutely ASTOUNDED after seeing images of the updated Drakonid's, that these aren't the playable race. It boggles the mind.

    There's no excuse really why this isn't. They should absolutely be an Allied Race at the very least for Dragonflight and should be able to play as some of the other classes like Warrior, Hunter, Mage, Shaman, Druid.

  20. #52560
    Banned Teriz's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Soul of Azeroth
    Posts
    29,996
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    I love that picture! Can't wait to create my Dracthyr alts

    Yep, that’s exactly how I want my visage to look. I think it’s definitely achievable.

    - I'm wondering what the restrictions will be? One per server like with DK's initially?
    More than likely.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •