Quote Originally Posted by Santandame View Post
    I am absolutely ASTOUNDED after seeing images of the updated Drakonid's, that these aren't the playable race. It boggles the mind.

There's no excuse really why this isn't. They should absolutely be an Allied Race at the very least for Dragonflight and should be able to play as some of the other classes like Warrior, Hunter, Mage, Shaman, Druid.
    Oh can you link?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Santandame View Post
    I am absolutely ASTOUNDED after seeing images of the updated Drakonid's, that these aren't the playable race. It boggles the mind.

There's no excuse really why this isn't. They should absolutely be an Allied Race at the very least for Dragonflight and should be able to play as some of the other classes like Warrior, Hunter, Mage, Shaman, Druid.
    I’m betting the excuse is that most people wouldn’t play it, if the population numbers of Kul’Tiran, HM Tauren, and LF Draenei are any indication.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorca View Post
    Did I say it was copy pasting?
    No, you actually suggested a method that would a) be even less work and b) work even less. You can't just load a texture file for a different model.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    There definitely would be some time saving for the second race and forward because you can sample (copy in part) the base texture for each new race. When it comes to 3D elements like jewelry and so on, chances are you need to remake them every time. You are attaching them to a different model each time after all. And then you'd need to add textures to those but I'd expect that is much easier since those textures are probably stock (you don't need that much variety to make something look gold; gems probably take a lot more time though). So while further races would take somewhat less time, it's not significantly so.

Then you have the question of how much to expand. I think the lore should allow for all the Azeroth natives at the time the Dracthyr were created which includes trolls, tauren and maybe goblins (though dwarves and gnomes were probably asleep)
    Alright, I see. Takes time and work, but it is less than the first time. For me it's about reusing so much the blood elf model when they got other great models just there which appeal to other people. In any case, thanks for the more detailed explanation!

Talking about lore, for me it's more about more diversity and getting as many people as possible happy. As others pointed out already, the Thalassian Elves weren't a thing when the Dracthyr were created, but then again, we don't know yet how they where created, so we'll have to wait for that...

Oh can you link?
    I saw them here.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wo...ayable/1225457

Admittedly the image is a little low res but from what I can see, they look fantastic.

They absolutely need to be an allied race.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    I’m betting the excuse is that most people wouldn’t play it, if the population numbers of Kul’Tiran, HM Tauren, and LF Draenei are any indication.
    They absolutely should be an Allied Race though to sate those who want to play Dragon style characters but not play an Evoker.

Drakonid and Tuskarr need to be and should be the first batch of Allied Races for DF.

Yep, that’s exactly how I want my visage to look. I think it’s definitely achievable.

More than likely.
    I alrdy reserved my name :3

Blizzard shouldn't just chase what would be super popular, otherwise we will lose out on anything new and unique to a sea of elves

Alright, I see. Takes time and work, but it is less than the first time. For me it's about reusing so much the blood elf model when they got other great models just there which appeal to other people. In any case, thanks for the more detailed explanation!
    The one good thing about the human and blood elf models are that they are the models that experience the least clipping and stretching. Not that they don't have clipping issues but it's far less pronounced than with any other model.

The one good thing about the human and blood elf models are that they are the models that experience the least clipping and stretching. Not that they don't have clipping issues but it's far less pronounced than with any other model.
    Those are "simpler" models, yeah, everything fits good on those. And talking about the Blood Elf model... they could well use some of that nice jewelry for the poor basic male* Blood Elf model, which didn't receive a single earring...
    Last edited by Lorca; 2022-04-21 at 04:30 PM.

Typical. Putting words in others mouths. Funny as always. Where did I say "lazy bastards"? Did I say I was a game designer? And what's the point in defending getting only two races? And do you actually know how many resources do they have? What we know is that they had time and they still will have, as they didn't even say when they are releasing these models.
    Storywise I don't know why they chose the word "visage" because that's something special dragons get: Of what we know about the story so far, it's not a magical illusion but their actual genetic makeup: The Dracthyr are Dragons bred with Vrykul-human proto beings. I suppose their magical nature made them a little elfy but yeah. A weird set of creative choices but that's what they committed to. We'll see how that's relevant to the story.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    You have never been able to switch quickly and for free beofe with the old talents, so people just had 1 pve and 1 pvp build. Now that its free and quick to switch, and the fact that you can have dozens of loadouts, people will be able to have a loadout for every situation, and a wacky fun loadout just for niche cases.
    That's still an illusion. The system they design might support 5 or 6 viable builds but that's still something that was designed that way. Giving us a talent tree just gives players the opportunity to fail at setting up our loadouts. Instead of just giving us a set of optimized playstyles. But if players really want to gamify the loadout system by all means. Apparently that is what people want.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Literally everyone could tell the classes apart. I saw multiple posts on different forums talking about it. Guess what. Everyone was right. Its pretty easy to tell which set is for which class if you look for more than 5 seconds and hide your disgust.
    This is a lie. The one everyone said was Shaman was mage. The one everyone said was Paladin was priest. The one everyone said was Evoker was Death Knight. They literally had to add labels the following day so everyone would stop asking what class they were. That happened.

I don't even think this is a problem but how defensive you are about it shows you think it is.

Because despite those complains, Druids are the most popular class in the game by a healthy margin.
    Gonna need a source for that, anything I can find has Hunter at the top spot around 10.5-11.5% depending on region with Druid being 2nd sitting at 9.7%.

7+ Year Old Account
    The only sets i couldn't immediately pinpoint were Dk, Dh, and Evoker.

The rest were very easy to guess, especially if you look at previous set iterations.

Formerly known as Arafal

People had a hard time seeing that the amor set with a freaking dragon head was the evoker set? Lol....

Quote Originally Posted by Varx View Post
    People had a hard time seeing that the amor set with a freaking dragon head was the evoker set? Lol....
    The one with the dragon head is the hunter set actually. The Evoker det is the red one with the giant horns, and shoulder reminiscent of the ones used by Deathwing on his human form (or DS warrior shoulders).
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Varx View Post
    The Hunter set also has a dragon head. The Death Knight set has two dragon heads.

I'm just pointing out all their talk about "Class identity" & "Wanting to decrease class/race restrictions" over the years was a lie. I've accepted that & you all will have to do that too.
    Last edited by Ersula; 2022-04-21 at 05:02 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Hunters really do have a thing for sticking their heads in magically taxidermid animal heads.

Formerly known as Arafal

The Unstoppable Force Syegfryed's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    It costs dev resources, mostly time. And it is literally a matter of who gets what first. That's the entire question you pose..
    Stop saying nonsense, allowing other races as options would not cost any dev resource or time

Only if they ever want give the customizations to then

And they are a multi-dollar company who milk the playerbase with a paid game and a subscriptions, who did cut this expansion to focus on this one, they ahve money and time.

Quote Originally Posted by Futhark View Post
    I want this to! Hopefully we get more visages in the future, like this photoshop I whipped together:
    I like how the community have more vision than blizzard

TbH, i would be completely fine by just having the default normal races, but would be fine too

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    The one with the dragon head is the hunter set actually. The Evoker det is the red one with the giant horns, and shoulder reminiscent of the ones used by Deathwing on his human form (or DS warrior shoulders).
    Is there somewhere they are actually labeled?

I'll admit, other than Rogue (#1?) / Warrior (#6?) I have a hard time telling some of the other ones apart.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Is there somewhere they are actually labeled?

I'll admit, other than Rogue (#1?) / Warrior (#6?) I have a hard time telling some of the other ones apart.

On wowhead at least there is a confirmed list where all the armor sets have the name of the class over them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    The Hunter set also has a dragon head. The Death Knight set has two dragon heads.

I'm just pointing out all their talk about "Class identity" & "Wanting to decrease class/race restrictions" over the years was a lie. I've accepted that & you all will have to do that too.
    Even without immediately obvious classes for some of them, i will absolutely take having more than a single set from a raid.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

7+ Year Old Account
    https://www.wowhead.com/news/blizzar...ept-art-326790

Shaman - Earth and heavy lightning theme in that set, easy to guess.
    Druid - A bear pelt robe, easy to guess
    Rogues - Dark ston-y hood with lots of edge, easy to guess

Monk - Run of the mill monk set, easy to guess
    Warrior - Run of the mill warrior set, easy to guess
    Paladin - Run of the mill paladin set, easy to guess

Hunter - Another animal head and scale chest piece, easy to guess
    Mage - Light armor frost theme, medium guess, can be confusing
    Death Knight - Another frost juggernaut set, medium guess, mostly because i'd guess it to be the warrior set if didn't that one beforehand.

Priest - Religious cloth robe, easy to guess
    Warlock - Edgy cloth robe, easy to guess
    Demon hunter/Evoker - Look almost identitcal, hard guess.
    Last edited by Raetary; 2022-04-21 at 05:56 PM.

Formerly known as Arafal