1. #53761
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    You're wrong, the statistics prove you wrong.

    Alleria is in the Top characters in WOW Fanfiction, despite being the most "recent" character in that poll, since she was reintroduced in Legion and has had very little screentime since then. But she still appears in the same poll as Varian, Anduin, Jaina, Garrosh, and Sylvanas, who are absolute main characters of WoW.






    If a given character is popular in fanfictions of a given fandom, then that means that the fandom likes the character and the character is popular, otherwise they wouldn't make so many fanfics about them.

    Now if Alleria, with the total of 10 minutes of screentime across 3 expansions that she has, was able to appear in this list of the absolute most popular WOW characters in Fanfics, the characters who have the most fanfics, what does this tell you about Alleria's popularity?

    To put this in perspective, the likes of Tyrande, Malfurion, Baine, and Velen, who have regularly been featured for many years, and have so much more screentime than Alleria, didn't make it to the list.

    The numbers have spoken and the numbers never lie.
    You should have been awake in school when they taught you to read charts. Alleria is on the second to last place there.

  2. #53762
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Right. Because LFR is easy. Yet it is still possible to wipe. The people that do low dps choose to do so and it isn't because you can be healed without having to move out of stuff. That would just cause your dps to go up because when you can stand still you should be doing more DPS. When was the last time you actually played if you think movement doesn't hurt dps?
    Frankly, i don't think cantrip has played WoW in years at this point. Most of the claims are complete bull. And it doesn't sound like he's actually playing FFXIV, either.

  3. #53763
    Quote Originally Posted by cantrip View Post
    With the difference that all content in FFXIV is available using matchmaking. None of anything above entry level would be successfull if it had the same design as like WoW premade group gameplay.
    Yes it would?

    Ignoring the fact that XIV doesn't have anything as hard as WoW raid progression Mythic, the looking for group tool lets random players group together (and even succeed!) in normal and heroics (as people progress/get more gear).

    The Duty Finder in XIV putting a fancy, easier to use UI in front of the looking for group tool doesn't change who's grouping for it.

  4. #53764
    The Insane rhorle's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    19,770
    Quote Originally Posted by cantrip View Post
    In the end it is about player engagement, and not about to bore them to death.
    So why are people engaged in Normal, Heroic, and Mythic and not LFR when it is the same type of mechanics? LFR is just watered down to make it easier. Remember you also argued that choreographed mechanics are bad as well. So we are supposed to increase the difficulty with out different mechanics while also making it engaging. Well tank and spank fights boring which is why those types of things are rare.

    You also say random match making means people don't care about their group members while also advocating for random match making for M+. So won't your suggestion for M+ just cause the same problems that exist in LFR? Strange how you contradict your own arguments.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  5. #53765
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyrexia View Post
    Oooooh Question!

    Will I be able to Fly in my Drake form in older content like Worgens can use their form as a ground mount?
    Dragon form can't fly. On Dragon Isles it has access to basic version of Dragonriding, elsewhere it is just a glider like DH wings.

  6. #53766
    Quote Originally Posted by cantrip View Post
    Are we back to ad hominem again?
    It's not ad hominem, it's your arguments and examples not lining up with what it's actually like to play XIV or WoW when raiding.

  7. #53767
    The Insane rhorle's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    19,770
    Quote Originally Posted by cantrip View Post
    No, simply about designing the raids based on personal skill rather than group skills. Something blizzard never understood and obviously never will.
    It is a group activity. You can't design it around personal skill because it is not a solo experience. Lol.

    I do not contradict anything as my idea was to base challenges in a solo queue on personal accountability from start. You just ignore it again.
    But you just got done saying personal accountability doesn't exist in LFR because of the random match making. Lol.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  8. #53768
    Quote Originally Posted by cantrip View Post
    Are we back to ad hominem again?
    Please learn what that actually is, first.

  9. #53769
    Quote Originally Posted by cantrip View Post
    I do not contradict anything as my idea was to base challenges in a solo queue on personal accountability from start. You just ignore it again.
    WoW does this to a greater extent than XIV. That's what's confusing me here. WoW's raids, even in LFR, rely on each person not fucking up more than XIV.

    It's much easier in WoW in LFR for one person to wipe a raid than in XIV.

  10. #53770
    The Insane Syegfryed's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Darkshore, Killing Living and Dead elves
    Posts
    19,833
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Dragon form can't fly. On Dragon Isles it has access to basic version of Dragonriding, elsewhere it is just a glider like DH wings.
    This can't be serious, their big ass wings are just for show?

    This race/class keeps getting dumber and dumber, confirming its just DH 2.0 sold as race

  11. #53771
    Agree that not being able to use Dracthyr wings to fly outside of Dragon Isles is stupid. How does that sell the dragon fantasy theyre going for

  12. #53772
    The Insane rhorle's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    19,770
    Quote Originally Posted by cantrip View Post
    A solo queue is a matchmade group experience, yet it cannot be about choreography as the group is random. So the gameplay should be different. I do not really wonder you cannot see a distinction here.
    So how will the game play be different if it isn't about doing mechanics of fights? You are asking for the fundamental core of combat to change for all of WoW yet offer no actual examples of what it should be. Tank and spank, DPS/Heal checks, resist gear checks are not fun or engaging. Those are things that would have to be brought back if "choreography" is not a part of encounters.

    You cannot even see a difference between premade group play and matchmade group play. So how can you even think about being able to judge about that?
    So match making causes LFR to be bad yet magically will make M+ better. Yet I am the one that can't understand something? Why is it that instead of explaining things you keep attacking me? It just shows that you are using accountability as a scapegoat with out having any actual depth to the argument.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  13. #53773
    Quote Originally Posted by cantrip View Post
    That is simply not true. WoW is way more focused on choreography than any other MMORPG.
    You do know what choreography is, right?

    If one person fucks up the routine, it ruins the whole performance.

    By the word you're using, 'choreography', it shows personal responsibility IS more present in WoW than in other MMOs. If a fight isn't 'choreographed' then what each person is doing individually doesn't matter as much, which is true in XIV. You can fuck up repeatedly in an Alliance raid at base level without much fear of wiping the raid- that LOWERS the personal responsibility of each individual player. If what you do doesn't substantially change what happens to everyone else, who cares?

    WoW demands 'higher personal responsibility', even in LFR, because of the lack of battle rez and the increased liklihood your personal failure will result in the raid as a whole being wiped.



    Quote Originally Posted by cantrip View Post
    I do not talk about personal accountablity for the group, but for your own fate. Means, if you die in a puddle of ooze, you simply will not be rewarded. Rather than having a group effort, the focus should be on your personal performance whichs failure would result in your own disqualification from receiving rewards.
    This is fucking insane and completely antithetical to what an 'MMO' is. XIV also does not do anything remotely like this either so I'm unsure why you brought it up as some positive comparison compared to WoW.

  14. #53774
    The Insane rhorle's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    19,770
    Quote Originally Posted by cantrip View Post
    I do not talk about personal accountablity for the group, but for your own fate. Means, if you die in a puddle of ooze, you simply will not be rewarded. Rather than having a group effort, the focus should be on your personal performance whichs failure would result in your own disqualification from receiving rewards.
    How would that work in a M+ when you need ever group member to perform in order to get rewards? Why join a group if you just want solo content in the first place? lol.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  15. #53775
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    You should have been awake in school when they taught you to read charts. Alleria is on the second to last place there.
    I do get the logic of looking at how Alleria is the only character introduced as recently as Legion, to show how popular she's become since appearing for the first time in WoW, but oops who's that right above her? Flynn: A character introduced even more recently. Or that if you look more closely, how Alleria's appearence in Fanfiction is only a minor role in Sylvanas fics.

    I'm sure Alleria would become more popular if she recieved more focus & she will have more focus eventually, but we aren't there yet.

  16. #53776
    Void Lord Aeluron Lightsong's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    In some Sanctuaryesque place or a Haven
    Posts
    44,683
    Quote Originally Posted by wowrefugee View Post
    Agree that not being able to use Dracthyr wings to fly outside of Dragon Isles is stupid. How does that sell the dragon fantasy theyre going for
    I sorta understand that but we've only seen so much of the Dragon riding so its hard to tell what their reasoning is. Might be cause how Dragonriding works might clash with past zones and such. Don't take it as fact though,
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

    Warrior-Magi

  17. #53777
    The Lightbringer Skayth's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Backwards Country
    Posts
    3,098
    So if drac'thyr can "fly" will they finally give dhs the ability to fly? Since its exactly the same mechanic copy pasted

  18. #53778
    I didn't get the impression that we wouldn't be able to use the basic dragonriding that's inherent to the dracthyr, outside of the dragon isles.
    As far as I know, they can. It's just that it's not upgradable like the dragon mount you use on the dragon isles. It's a basic version, that they referred to as demonhunter's glide plus.

  19. #53779
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    You should have been awake in school when they taught you to read charts. Alleria is on the second to last place there.
    You should have been awake in school when they taught you to critically read English because that has nothing to do with my point in any way, shape, or form.

  20. #53780
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Again. It can be harder but the player base doesn't want it to be. When it is to hard they complain and it takes way to long to do. Blizzard doesn't need any lessons to do LFR right. You are trying to change every system into what you want instead of you just taking the initiative to do content higher then LFR.
    LFR is already way harder than Normal because half of the group there is braindead, quarter is AFK and the remaining few must carry everyone else.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •