1. #53901
    Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    In the same urn as Vol'Jin
    Posts
    4,733
    Quote Originally Posted by Berkilak View Post
    I would also posit that they chose not to announce things, like the all-but-certain Torghast follow up, simply to avoid overshadowing the goodwill their chosen announcements generation with backlash and baggage.
    I think there's also the issue that if you announce something in this era*, you can't really cut it, even if you probably should have cut it, if it's not working out. I'm thinking of Islands in BfA here. I know some people got a lot of fun out of them, but they really seem like they should have got cut and the content re-used somehow, but once they'd been announced, that was essentially impossible.

    So if there is a Torghast 2.0 (and I hope there is), it may be that they are making sure it's actually workable before they bring it in.


    * = I think the last time you might have been able to get away with that was sometime before 2010.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    "Due to popular demand and significant intoxication (hic) we have decided to include Stormstout Brewery in all future Seasons and will set the chance of a Keystone attuning to it to 50%, followed by Blackrock Depths full clear runs at 40%, with the remaining 10% evenly distributed to the remaining 6 dungeons."
    < Darth Vader NOOOOOOOO >

    I like how you instantly knew my next most-hated dungeon too damn.
    "A youtuber said so."

    "... some wow experts being interviewed..."

    "According to researchers from Wowhead..."

  2. #53902
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurhetemec View Post
    I loved Wrath to pieces but I have to agree. There were a lot of dungeons, but they were not consistently good dungeons, and later expansions did a better job with making them more consistently good. I certainly hope we get more than eight over the course of the expansion, but eight is fine to start with, and I quite like the concept of repackaging older dungeons for M+. Just not Stormstout Brewery please Blizzard!
    I think Wrath had so many dungeons because multiple dungeon environments were repackaged content that did not work out. Utgarde Pinnacle was supposed to be a raid. The two AN dungeons were supposed to be a zone.

  3. #53903
    Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    I mean, you can link your Data for Azeroth .

    BfA had 10 dungeons, SL had 8 and now DF has 8.

    Wrath and TBC had more dungeons because they had recycled dungeons which wouldn't fly today. (All the Auchindun dungeons, all the Serpentshrine Dungeons, all the HFC dungeons etc. Wrath had the Nexus dungeons, the Utgarde dungeons, the Gundrak dungeons etc.)

    You say you care about quality yet you bring up the numbers which is completely irrelevant.
    Yes you are right, quality raised too since Wotlk. Best part of WoD were the 5 men dungeons. I'd still expect more, not less. Company grew bigger too, or not?
    Numbers I've put there are valid. I included ALL 5 men dungeons including the mega dungeons. And their numbers are declining with every expac.
    You can't argue with that.
    Same way, after first few days of leveling I'll be facing 4 dungeons for M+, others I've done million times on 5 alts. They can put them under a hotkey with label 'nostalgia'. edit: raid won't be open early again as usually. so will be probably stuck with the 'nostalgia'. here we go again.
    edit2: after the nostalgia of the 9.2.5 nostalgia. haha

    I want more NEW content. You defend the constant rehash. They can always impress me though with proper 16 dungeons by the end of the expac.
    Last edited by deucecorp; 2022-04-25 at 12:50 PM.

  4. #53904
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    Since it's monday, do you guys think we will get some new reveal today? Maybe an in-depth look at a class's talent tree or a propper preview of the new dragonriding customizations? Or maybe a new PTR build?
    I got a feeling they are gonna be releasing the talent builder this week, considering they said it will get released before Alpha, and Alpha is bound to come out within the next few weeks judging by the builds.

  5. #53905
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurhetemec View Post
    < Darth Vader NOOOOOOOO >

    I like how you instantly knew my next most-hated dungeon too damn.
    I pretty much just went with what would be about the most insanely annoying M+ ever. I mean, can you imagine having to do a full clear of BRD on a timer?

    Maybe i should add that you get locked in and Never gonna give you up plays the whole time.

  6. #53906
    I have to ask, why do people hate Stormstout Brewery so much? I like that dungeon

  7. #53907
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurhetemec View Post
    That's an expectation that both makes no sense and has no justification. Learn 20 or 24 new dungeons would be horrific, and no matter how "rich" Blizzard are, you can't properly balance and maintain 24 M+ dungeons! That's completely bonkers!

    Why would you want that, or even think it made sense?
    Because took me 4 weeks again to get burnt out of the same 8+1 on 4 characters.. Like half year ago. Nostalgia dungeons won't help that. After 2-3 runs I'll be like "seen this million times?".
    Why is it a problem though that I want at least the same amount like "last year"? Yes, they are nicer dungeons, but that doesn't justify the fact there are less and less. Everything is evolving and improving in life. I sit in front of a 4K oled. It's not less or smaller, it's moar in every aspect compared to last year's display.

    Whatever, I just repeating myself, and you just defending the rehash, I'm out. Tuskarr & flying high in the sky. Graphic designers FTW.

  8. #53908
    The Lightbringer Lady Atia's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    The Rumour Tower
    Posts
    3,551
    Quote Originally Posted by deucecorp View Post
    Because took me 4 weeks again to get burnt out of the same 8+1 on 4 characters.. Like half year ago. Nostalgia dungeons won't help that. After 2-3 runs I'll be like "seen this million times?".
    Why is it a problem though that I want at least the same amount like "last year"? Yes, they are nicer dungeons, but that doesn't justify the fact there are less and less. Everything is evolving and improving in life. I sit in front of a 4K oled. It's not less or smaller, it's moar in every aspect compared to last year's display.

    Whatever, I just repeating myself, and you just defending the rehash, I'm out. Tuskarr & flying high in the sky. Graphic designers FTW.
    I thought you were out like 3 posts before? I wish you a happy life, please don't bother with us anymore. Thaaaanks.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I have to ask, why do people hate Stormstout Brewery so much? I like that dungeon
    I also love it, maybe people think the trash is annoying though?

    #TEAMGIRAFFE

  9. #53909
    Quote Originally Posted by deucecorp View Post
    Because took me 4 weeks again to get burnt out of the same 8+1 on 4 characters.. Like half year ago. Nostalgia dungeons won't help that. After 2-3 runs I'll be like "seen this million times?".
    Has it occured to you that you burn out because you overdo things?

  10. #53910
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Has it occured to you that you burn out because you overdo things?
    Yes, commenting on mmo champ might be one activity such as. They don't remember expacs like Cata with fully redesigned old world, new world, guild perks, DOUBLE raids in yo face straight away.. They just keep repeating here "why you want dungeons and content? just enjoy the Tuskarr on your oled tv"

  11. #53911
    Quote Originally Posted by deucecorp View Post
    Yes, commenting on mmo champ might be one activity such as. They don't remember expacs like Cata with fully redesigned old world, new world, guild perks, DOUBLE raids in yo face straight away.. They just keep repeating here "why you want dungeons and content? just enjoy the Tuskarr on your oled tv"
    You mean the one that ultimately suffered from doing those exact things? Also, one of those raids had a total of 2 bosses and no trash at all and was basically just an extension of the other.

    We'll probably never get another world revamp again because Cata proved doing it wasn't financially viable.

  12. #53912
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I have to ask, why do people hate Stormstout Brewery so much? I like that dungeon
    A lot of annoying trash mechanics and also one of the most unforgiving CM dungeons.

  13. #53913
    The Lightbringer Lady Atia's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    The Rumour Tower
    Posts
    3,551
    Quote Originally Posted by deucecorp View Post
    Yes, commenting on mmo champ might be one activity such as. They don't remember expacs like Cata with fully redesigned old world, new world, guild perks, DOUBLE raids in yo face straight away.. They just keep repeating here "why you want dungeons and content? just enjoy the Tuskarr on your oled tv"
    I would love to play a Tuskarr on my oled tv <3

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    A lot of annoying trash mechanics and also one of the most unforgiving CM dungeons.
    Well they can easily tune the timer better this time.

    #TEAMGIRAFFE

  14. #53914
    Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    I mean, Allied Race just means "is not big enough to be considered their own race" and "does not have their own starting zone".
    It is also a special box feature of a concluded expansion.

  15. #53915
    Void Lord Aeluron Lightsong's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    In some Sanctuaryesque place or a Haven
    Posts
    44,683
    What did I even just witness /confused


    Edit: Nvm, guess its still going on /facepalm
    Last edited by Aeluron Lightsong; 2022-04-25 at 01:39 PM.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

    Warrior-Magi

  16. #53916
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    You mean the one that ultimately suffered from doing those exact things? Also, one of those raids had a total of 2 bosses and no trash at all and was basically just an extension of the other.

    We'll probably never get another world revamp again because Cata proved doing it wasn't financially viable.
    bwd had 6, bot had 4 bosses+sinestra. all lovely funny and enjoyable well designed scripts. two totally different raids by graphical aspect. but yes you are right. they dont even bother to do 1-2 bosses filler raids anymore. less content, repetitive content is "more".
    you think it takes much time to put together wqs? or "design" crazy difficult covenant perks such as +2% stamina? I dont think so.

  17. #53917
    Quote Originally Posted by deucecorp View Post
    bwd had 6, bot had 4 bosses+sinestra. all lovely funny and enjoyable well designed scripts. two totally different raids by graphical aspect. but yes you are right. they dont even bother to do 1-2 bosses filler raids anymore. less content, repetitive content is "more".
    you think it takes much time to put together wqs? or "design" crazy difficult covenant perks such as +2% stamina? I dont think so.
    No, but the Covenants as a whole? Those certainly did. We also had a two boss raid just last expansion that apparently slipped your mind as well.

  18. #53918
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    No, but the Covenants as a whole? Those certainly did. We also had a two boss raid just last expansion that apparently slipped your mind as well.
    I think you are feeding the troll
    _____________________

    Homophobia is so gay.

  19. #53919
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    It is also a special box feature of a concluded expansion.
    It was also stated from day one by the devs and reiterated multiple times it would be a framework to build off of and see use in future expansions, which is why when it's been asked about in Shadowlands and Dragonflight the answers have never been "that was only in BfA". Their response to the Dragonflight question is even more damning as they're saying there won't be any AR in "10.0". and not the entire expansion like in Shadowlands.

    But you'll ignore this post, again, because you have some weird obsession with no more Allied Races being added.

  20. #53920
    Bloodsail Admiral Sharby's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    1,155
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I have to ask, why do people hate Stormstout Brewery so much? I like that dungeon
    Boring, cumbersome, filled with shitty gags, and is just too goofy for me.



    I hated it as a child when it first came out, did it again as a grown man while grinding for the soulshape during timewalking, still hate it LOL.
    Honorary member of the Baine Fanclub, the only member really.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •