1. #54621
    Immortal Shadochi's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    The Shit Throne
    Posts
    7,804
    Lets be honest, all of us have been waiting for a Murloc playable race since vanilla.

    Have the starting zone be underwater completely.

    Racial is you summon a school of murlocks when you drop below certain % HP.
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

  2. #54622
    The Unstoppable Force Syegfryed's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Darkshore, Killing Living and Dead elves
    Posts
    20,453
    Quote Originally Posted by Berkilak View Post
    And a complimentary Dragonmaw Orc AR for the Horde.
    Watch out the clan that is know for taming dragons, having great knowledge about then be completely ignored the entire expansion that focus on dragons

    Is a shame to not add wildhammer dwarves as well, who are well know for fighting dragons, since they were a big force against the orcs dragonriders in the second war.

    Damn shame they will not show up, neither be allied race.
    Last edited by Syegfryed; 2022-04-28 at 11:45 AM.

  3. #54623
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    Watch out the clan that is know for taming dragons, having great knowledge about then be completely ignored the entire expansion that focus on dragons

    Is a shame to not add wildhammer dwarves as well, who are well know for riding and fighting dragons, since they were a big force against the orcs dragonriders in the second war.

    Damn shame they will not show up, neither be allied race.
    The Dragonmaw would be really weird but fun to have show up in Dragon Isles but then again, DKs will go to Dragon Isles.

    But they don't look like elves so no.

  4. #54624
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post

    Imean, somethig is popuplar, right, but how you can increase engagement if you add more of the same? whats the difference? how it will make people excited? why they would stop playing their elves to play other elves?(By making the new race only one class i guess?)

    And like i said isn't like they are the 90% of the playerbase and the game is about then, you need to have some variation or its fucked

    Its rly a bad design choice imo
    Sure, I agree with you, but Blizzard is clearly betting on the Blood Elves model, as they show when they choose the Blood Elf male model as the only male option for the Dracthyr visage form... and that's why I wouldn't be surprised at all if we get another allied race based on the Blood Elf model...

  5. #54625
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorca View Post
    Sure, I agree with you, but Blizzard is clearly betting on the Blood Elves model, as they show when they choose the Blood Elf male model as the only male option for the Dracthyr visage form... and that's why I wouldn't be surprised at all if we get another allied race based on the Blood Elf model...
    To be fair, if they only were going to do one model, it would have to be the one that looks the most like Wrathion.

  6. #54626
    Dreadlord Berkilak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    The Green Chapel
    Posts
    918
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    The Dragonmaw would be really weird but fun to have show up in Dragon Isles but then again, DKs will go to Dragon Isles.

    But they don't look like elves so no.
    It wouldn't be weird - it has more narrative potential than "Brann Bronzebeard learns more about Titans" or whatever. Having the Dragonmaw Clan interact with Alexstrasza (who did already say that she loves all life, Orcs included) would be very interesting, potentially making room for an actual legitimate redemption arc.

  7. #54627
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    To be fair, if they only were going to do one model, it would have to be the one that looks the most like Wrathion.
    Well, or just the most popular, which is fair I guess if you are choosing only one. The one that kinda surprised me was the female human though instead of the female Blood Elf model, which seems to be far more popular.

  8. #54628
    Quote Originally Posted by Berkilak View Post
    It wouldn't be weird - it has more narrative potential than "Brann Bronzebeard learns more about Titans" or whatever. Having the Dragonmaw Clan interact with Alexstrasza (who did already say that she loves all life, Orcs included) would be very interesting, potentially making room for an actual legitimate redemption arc.
    Honestly that would be fun, though who's leading the Dragonmaw these days anyway? If I remember right their last leader was so into Garrosh's pants she followed him through his heel turn and I'd honestly not be surprised if she took the entire rest of the clan with her.

  9. #54629
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    Is a shame to not add wildhammer dwarves as well, who are well know for fighting dragons, since they were a big force against the orcs dragonriders in the second war.
    Wildhammer are in the game.

  10. #54630
    The Unstoppable Force Syegfryed's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Darkshore, Killing Living and Dead elves
    Posts
    20,453
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    The Dragonmaw would be really weird but fun to have show up in Dragon Isles but then again, DKs will go to Dragon Isles.

    But they don't look like elves so no.
    I was going to say that, but people would claim im being biased, despite so much of this happening, pretty sure i heard the reliquary(or whatever is called) will be the main thing there, the thing run by elves again

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Wildhammer are in the game.
    Yeah they are, they will show up in dragon isles? definitely no. They will be allied race instead of just customization? nope as well.

  11. #54631
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    I was going to say that, but people would claim im being biased, despite so much of this happening, pretty sure i heard the reliquary(or whatever is called) will be the main thing there, the thing run by elves again
    The Reliquary is the only archeological organization in the Horde and they needed counterpart for Explorer's League.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    They will be allied race instead of just customization? nope as well.
    My point exactly. Wildhammer dwarves are included in the dwarf customization.

  12. #54632
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    The Reliquary is the only archeological organization in the Horde and they needed counterpart for Explorer's League.
    As the lonely, desiccated corpse of the Path of the Titans system shifts wistfully in the distance, since the Reliquary was made for that system to begin with.

  13. #54633
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    I was going to say that, but people would claim im being biased, despite so much of this happening, pretty sure i heard the reliquary(or whatever is called) will be the main thing there, the thing run by elves again
    See that's the sad part. At least the explorer's league has representation from multiple Alliance races (well the fact that it came from Hearthstone helped). Reliquary is just Blood Elves and maybe some Nightborne (they had some Nightborne join in BfA).

  14. #54634
    The Insane Raetary's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Base Camp
    Posts
    19,398
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    pretty sure i heard the reliquary(or whatever is called) will be the main thing there, the thing run by elves again
    The reliquary is present because it's the hordes equivalent to the explorer's league, not because its elves.


    Formerly known as Arafal

  15. #54635
    Quote Originally Posted by Veluren View Post
    Honestly that would be fun, though who's leading the Dragonmaw these days anyway? If I remember right their last leader was so into Garrosh's pants she followed him through his heel turn and I'd honestly not be surprised if she took the entire rest of the clan with her.
    Gorfax leads the Angermaw. Kind of confirmed since he has shown up in ceremonies that include leaders of the different subraces.

  16. #54636
    The Lightbringer Lady Atia's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    The Rumour Tower
    Posts
    3,727
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    See that's the sad part. At least the explorer's league has representation from multiple Alliance races (well the fact that it came from Hearthstone helped). Reliquary is just Blood Elves and maybe some Nightborne (they had some Nightborne join in BfA).
    Tbf they can easily expand the reliquary similiar to the explorer's league which iirc was also basically a "dwarves faction" in the past?

  17. #54637
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    The reliquary is present because it's the hordes equivalent to the explorer's league, not because its elves.
    But they did choose to make it just elves. Why not add more races across the years?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    Tbf they can easily expand the reliquary similiar to the explorer's league which iirc was also basically a "dwarves faction" in the past?
    They can but hey have had multiple chances to do so in the past and didn't. Reliquary showed up as recently as BfA. And it did have new faces. Nightborne.

  18. #54638
    Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    8,490
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    No it's not? More customization is always good.
    It is, the sillouette is overly used especially now with the visage using it again.

  19. #54639
    Herald of the Titans Hugnomo's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    2,501
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    Maybe Ion can ask him to not tell people to spit on other players?
    I don't know. He hasn't been saying that in a long time so I guess not.
    Asmongold may ask about aditional services and mounts being on the store, and voice his criticism that increasing microtransactions on a game you already pay a sub for + the price of expacs, is a heavy burden on players. Which is a sentiment I agree with and do hope Blizzard could commit to limit in any way.
    Which is what the "/spit" emote was meant to be protesting.
    It's not something I've personally ever done though, I think it's childish. Though I have to say that I don't share the degree to which some people take offense to it. It's an emote the game provides. Most interactions I have on WoW people say and do way worst things than that, unfortunately.
    I'm for Blizzard being more strict on rude and harassing behavior in game, which seems like it's something they are going to be doing looking at last night's build "social contract".

  20. #54640
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheezits View Post
    If Undead Nelves are another version of the race, I wonder if they would get a different song.

    Also: doing all 3 raids with the 9.2.5 affix gives you the Slime Saber.
    Well shit.

    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    I really hate that allied races are mostly glorified skins. Blizzard really should start doing these types as skin/customization so they also don't have to do the added work of balancing new racials.
    I figured that was the point with "Allied races", that they were essentially subraces/reskins, thus generally easier to create and so could give us a larger number of them.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •