1. #54761
    The Insane rhorle's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    19,977
    Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    Thats... good. As long as there's actual lore explanations and not just "lolz give everyone every class".
    You don't really need lore though because it is as simple as "X race got interested and was trained". Even for Paladins and Warlocks. Paladins only require the Order to open their doors to teaching those races. A paladin can be cut off from using the order's magic but not from using the light. So there already is a lore basis for it being Order specific.

    Warlocks can simply be outcasts learning to use warlock stuff after years of it being present in the factions. Even for someone like Dreanei it can simply be an outcast. There doesn't need to be any big lore reason just because. Would it be nice? Sure but look at gnome priests. Their lore was essentially after years of seeing it done they decided to learn it and experiment with light based technology to retake/heal their capital.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  2. #54762
    Not sure what impact, if any, this may make on the game but Holly Longdale is now the Executive Producer for the game.

  3. #54763
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    You don't really need lore though because it is as simple as "X race got interested and was trained". Even for Paladins and Warlocks. Paladins only require the Order to open their doors to teaching those races. A paladin can be cut off from using the order's magic but not from using the light. So there already is a lore basis for it being Order specific.
    Still, having a little lore interaction isn't gonna hurt anyone. They did it for the allied races/Death Knight combo.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Kiivar86 View Post
    Not sure what impact, if any, this may make on the game but Holly Longdale is now the Executive Producer for the game.
    Make the game more like classic maybe? Who was the previous executive producer?

  4. #54764
    Merely a Setback Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Land of moose and goose.
    Posts
    25,185
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    There absolutely is a way to make the Story work. People here just lack imagination.

    A Light Naaru was drained to empower Sin'dorei warriors and turn them into Holy paladins. There's no reason why a Void Naaru cannot be drained to achieve a similar result with Ren'dorei warriors, turning them into paladins of Darkness instead.

    "Paladin" as a term also never had a Religious connotation, the term was coined to refer to Charlemagne's court. So something like "Shadow Paladin" is absolutely not an oxymoron or some kind of inconsistency and, indeed, we have Twilight Paladins in the game:

    https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Twilight_Vindicator



    They literally use the Light:

    https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Twilight_Vindicator

    Last I checked, "Divine Storm", "Retribution Aura", and "Hammer of Wrath" are Light spells used by Light Paladins. But, since we are talking about something the Void elves would gain, I'm sure you'll spin it around and say that it doesn't count for reasons (because you hate Void elves).
    Huh I stand corrected then I had no idea this mob existed and thought you were asking about various other mobs that use purple paladin themed twilight spells.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

  5. #54765
    I doubt we will get it but hopefully them holding on Warlocks means we might see some uniqueness added to those combos.

  6. #54766
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    Huh I stand corrected then I had no idea this mob existed and thought you were asking about various other mobs that use purple paladin themed twilight spells.
    Wanting to be goth but not liking Priest #JustHealerProblems

  7. #54767
    It is funny how some people act like Light and Void possibly cannot mingle, and cite the example of the Sunwell (different situation) and Alleria and Turalyon causing pain to one another (another different situation). However, we have seen every other "opposite" mingle with each other:

    - Death and Life mingled in Ardenweald. From the death of the Natural Gods comes their rebirth in a cycle. This duality is represented by the divine sisters Elune and Winter Queen. Elune is a being of Life who nurtures mortals, while the Winter Queen is a being of Death who revives the Wild Gods.

    - Fel and Order mingled in Sargeras. A being of order and logic was twisted and corrupted into becoming a being of pure insanity, chaos, and destruction.

    We even have an example of the Light and Void mingling: The Naaru themselves. The cycle of the Naaru, when a Naaru dies, the being of pure Light enters into a twisted state, becoming a being of pure Void energy. Like two sides of the same coin, Light and Void are connected, one cannot exist without the other.

    But apparently the idea of a "Void elf Paladin" is too foreign to think of when the highest beings of the Light Pantheon we have seen so far literally turn into Void beings... and their creator, Elune, who created the Light Naaru, is also associated with the Shadows of the moon, the Darkness of night.

    But perhaps it should also be noted that "Paladins" needn't wield the Light. For instance, last I checked, there's no proof that Zandalari Paladins wield the Light STORYWISE. They draw their powers from Rezan, the King of Loa, a being associated with the domain of Life, not from the Naaru and the Light.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2022-04-28 at 07:45 PM.

  8. #54768
    Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    Make the game more like classic maybe? Who was the previous executive producer?
    Honestly I'm not quite sure.

    John Hight seems to have been one as of late last year. J. Allen Brack sometime before that.

  9. #54769
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiivar86 View Post
    Honestly I'm not quite sure.

    John Hight seems to have been one as of late last year. J. Allen Brack sometime before that.
    Yeah so, she went from Executive Produce in the studio that was making Everquest II to Blizzard and was Producer for Classic.

    John Hight was on the announcement vid and he really seemed like he was super uninterested in everything that was happening.

    So I supposed this can only be a good thing.

  10. #54770
    Void Lord Aeluron Lightsong's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    In some Sanctuaryesque place or a Haven
    Posts
    44,683
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiivar86 View Post
    Honestly I'm not quite sure.

    John Hight seems to have been one as of late last year. J. Allen Brack sometime before that.
    I don't think thats really the case honestly, some things in classic just don't work anymore. Cynically it might be for PR but again I got no evidence so...could be very benign.


    TLDR: It could mean nothing malicious or anything like that, so don't need to overthink it like me >_>
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

    Warrior-Magi

  11. #54771
    Elemental Lord Makabreska's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Streets Strange by Moonlight
    Posts
    8,823
    Second interview is going on atm.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

  12. #54772
    So in the MrGM interview Brian Holinka said that Dracthyr are their own racial mount. Ion had mentioned that Dracthyr will get a basic version of Dragonriding as a baseline racial, but does this mean that they'll also have traditional-flying as a mount option with their own wings? That'll be great if so.

  13. #54773
    Quote Originally Posted by Prenderghast View Post
    So in the MrGM interview Brian Holinka said that Dracthyr are their own racial mount. Ion had mentioned that Dracthyr will get a basic version of Dragonriding as a baseline racial, but does this mean that they'll also have traditional-flying as a mount option with their own wings? That'll be great if so.
    Seems like it. Also confirmed they get their own racials.

  14. #54774
    Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    In the same urn as Vol'Jin
    Posts
    4,750
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiivar86 View Post
    Not sure what impact, if any, this may make on the game but Holly Longdale is now the Executive Producer for the game.
    EPs don't necessarily mean much, but if she has any impact it seems likely to be positive given her experience in the industry and that she's genuinely keen on MMORPGs, including older ones.
    "A youtuber said so."

    "... some wow experts being interviewed..."

    "According to researchers from Wowhead..."

  15. #54775
    Quote Originally Posted by Prenderghast View Post
    So in the MrGM interview Brian Holinka said that Dracthyr are their own racial mount. Ion had mentioned that Dracthyr will get a basic version of Dragonriding as a baseline racial, but does this mean that they'll also have traditional-flying as a mount option with their own wings? That'll be great if so.
    Bit of a shame we lose out on a racial mount everyone can use like how all the other ones work, but I guess it's a fair trade to actually having functional wings.
    I really hope their Dragonriding racial could scale with regular Dragonriding though, seems a bit annoying to only have it useful for a brief moment before proper Dragonriding takes over, and unless it's useable in raids or whatever it seems far from a broken mechanic.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

  16. #54776
    Mildly interesting, Ion was talking about doing something along the lines of master loot (but not master loot) and didn't "want to promise that any of that work can get done in the next few months". Might be reading a bit too much into that, but that's interesting wording if that implies it won't be ready for 10.0 in a few months.

    Not sure what the widely accepted American definition of "few" is but in my definition that feels like it at least does imply 10.0 pre-patch this year, seeing few wouldn't be "in 8 months" .

  17. #54777
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    Mildly interesting, Ion was talking about doing something along the lines of master loot (but not master loot) and didn't "want to promise that any of that work can get done in the next few months". Might be reading a bit too much into that, but that's interesting wording if that implies it won't be ready for 10.0 in a few months.

    Not sure what the widely accepted American definition of "few" is but in my definition that feels like it at least does imply 10.0 pre-patch this year, seeing few wouldn't be "in 8 months" .
    Nice catch, 10.0 in 2022 might be possible.

  18. #54778
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    Mildly interesting, Ion was talking about doing something along the lines of master loot (but not master loot) and didn't "want to promise that any of that work can get done in the next few months". Might be reading a bit too much into that, but that's interesting wording if that implies it won't be ready for 10.0 in a few months.

    Not sure what the widely accepted American definition of "few" is but in my definition that feels like it at least does imply 10.0 pre-patch this year, seeing few wouldn't be "in 8 months" .
    Could also mean not ready for 10.0 testing within the next few months.
    Now whether that means not in Alpha, Beta, or even the expansion being tested seems a bit fuzzy.
    Conversely maybe he meant that Alpha will start soon, but whatever the new loot system is won't be testable until Beta begins.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

  19. #54779
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Could also mean not ready for 10.0 testing within the next few months.
    Now whether that means not in Alpha, Beta, or even the expansion being tested seems a bit fuzzy.
    Conversely maybe he meant that Alpha will start soon, but whatever the new loot system is won't be testable until Beta begins.
    It smellt more along the lines of it not being in the expansion on launch at least, but yeah, that's definitely possible.

  20. #54780
    Seems like encrypted stuff is the way forward for storytelling in WoW. At least for raid bosses.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •