1. #55161
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Nah. Elemental based form. The elementals predate Old gods and the Titans couldn't kill them as they would always manifest back on Azeroth. So they had to be imprisoned. It seems pretty clear the elementals are tied to the world soul. In Dragon Flight we even have dragons empowered by the elements that rivals the power of the Titan empowered Dragons.
    Why are people trying to debate with someone who's answer for everything is Void Elf lmao

  2. #55162
    Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    Visions gave gear, mythic level (or close to it) I believe even. They should definitely bring something like that back.
    Heroic raid ilvl for a 5 mask clear. Each mask you could pull off made the ilvl scale higher. So it was a true solo progression system.

    I actually think it was the best template for what solo progression could look like but I am curious how popular it was. I never really see people praising it, even though it offered great rewards and challenging gameplay.

  3. #55163
    The Insane rhorle's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    19,432
    Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    I actually think it was the best template for what solo progression could look like but I am curious how popular it was. I never really see people praising it, even though it offered great rewards and challenging gameplay.
    It was also not balanced at all. If I remember correctly Demon Hunters could basically cheese all the mechanics and had a way easier time.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  4. #55164
    The Unstoppable Force Chickat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Orgrimmar
    Posts
    20,490
    Quote Originally Posted by The-Shan View Post
    Great interview, I hope they give Asmongold more interviews in the future. He asks good questions.
    Yeah I do understand the hate asmon used to get but he's been a pretty good boy recently. He did so the spit thing about a year ago, but he's no where near as bad as he used to be.

  5. #55165
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    It was also not balanced at all. If I remember correctly Demon Hunters could basically cheese all the mechanics and had a way easier time.
    A lot of specs could, BM comes to mind as well. But then again it was never tuned so that's like expecting a raid to be balanced at release state. Not really a fault of the system though, more the lack of effort into balancing it.

  6. #55166
    The Insane Raetary's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Base Camp
    Posts
    19,003
    Quote Originally Posted by KainneAbsolute View Post
    If a planet houses a world soul...is there is any chance it houses 2 world souls? like twins?

    What if Azeroth isn't corrupted but divided in 2...if Sargeras sword is a mourneblade...it can divide Azeroth...
    Titan planets aren't impregnated, the planet forms as a protective layer over the world soul.

    And why would the sword be a mournblade?


    Formerly known as Arafal

  7. #55167
    Quote Originally Posted by cantrip View Post
    They announced to remove borrowed power. And forget to mention they also remove hundreds of hours of gameplay in matchmade or solo content they had implmeneted in 3 expacs before.

    Just imagine: There is nothing that replaces the gameplay of Islands, Warfronts and Torghast in Dragonflight. Torghast actually was not that bad, it could have worked if it dropped real gear.

    Probably that is just another double edged sword we know the devs for for years.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Imagine you only had world quests as gameplay in WoW. Would you continue to play it?

    Just another stunt to reduce development effort. And close to noone even realizes it during the hype. Exactly that is the reason i ask people to always check for downsides in anything people like Hazzikostas announce. They sell you a deevolution as a new feature.
    But it's not only world quests.

    he said there will be loads of stuff to unlock via reputation (renown), exploration and rewards for dragonriding.

    He said he will based the end game "casual content" like Zereth Mortis and zones will have stuff to unlock/discover etc.

    If it's only WQ, then I agree with you but it doesn't seem that way from what they said.
    _____________________

    Homophobia is so gay.

  8. #55168
    Pit Lord boyzma's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    In yer base, killing yer dudes
    Posts
    2,395
    Quote Originally Posted by Gifdwarf View Post
    Mythic+ and Raiding exists. It's never been easier than it is now to start doing it.
    He's just complaining to complain. Blizzard could give everyone and their dog exactly everything they want and he would still find something to bitch about.

  9. #55169
    Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    8,025
    Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    Who wants to bet they designed unique hairstyles for the Venthyr because they intended to reuse them for Darkfallen?



    The Venthyr women even use a few blood elf hairstyles so they must have compatible phrenology.
    How did you come to this conclusion? they are not that similar tbh.

  10. #55170
    Quote Originally Posted by Luck4 View Post
    Yeah, it makes sense in so many ways that's hard to imagine something else.

    - - - Updated - - -



    I can see her taking a form of an elf, but surely not of a void one since titans are Order beings, not Void ones. But I think it's unlikely because an elf form would trigger some people while something based on Greek/Norse mythology, which also happens to be the general rule for titans/watchers/stone ppl, wouldn't.

    Btw, does anybody knows if Argus was based on Egyptian mythology?
    They are beings of Order, but they can also be twisted by other forces.

    Sargeras the Order Titan was twisted by the Fel, and his form reflects that, with flaming hair, beard, eyes, demonic horns, and charred torso:




    The Old Gods have been drawing their strength from Azeroth's earth for countless ages. In BfA, the Old God N'Zoth began merging Ny'alotha with the very Chamber of the Heart of Azeroth. The whisper from Il'gynoth clearly and explicitly confirms that the Old Gods have been drawing their strength from the "earth", obviously referring to Azeroth. It's safe to say that this would have left a mark on the Titan, hence the "Void" part.

    We cannot expect this to simply be ignored. The Old Gods are specifically designed to be parasites, and they have been leeching onto Azeroth's earth for many ages. Yes, I expect her to be physically changed in some form by the Void. Like Alleria and her kin.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2022-04-30 at 11:38 PM.

  11. #55171
    The Insane rhorle's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    19,432
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    We cannot expect this to simply be ignored. The Old Gods are specifically designed to be parasites, and they have been leeching onto Azeroth's earth for many ages. Yes, I expect her to be physically changed in some form by the Void. Like Alleria and her kin.
    You also can't ignore how the Old Gods would have corrupted a Titan if what you say is true. Which is what we've learned is a supremely bad thing to have happen.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    A lot of specs could, BM comes to mind as well. But then again it was never tuned so that's like expecting a raid to be balanced at release state. Not really a fault of the system though, more the lack of effort into balancing it.
    I think it is reflective of the system. Because solo challenges require individual tuning because of how varied the kit of each class is. When you don't tune individually you get things like Visions and Torghast that allow some classes or specs to have an easier time compared to others. Even the Mage Tower challenges that is more built around individual specs has a varying degree of challenge based on the class.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  12. #55172
    Herald of the Titans Nightshade711's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Feb 2022
    Location
    K’aresh
    Posts
    2,578
    Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    Why are people trying to debate with someone who's answer for everything is Void Elf lmao
    Little did you know there is a third secret void elf spec for the Evokers because of the corruption of the black dragonflight and clearly alleria will teach them how to control it hince the blood (void) elf form
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Chen isn't a Monk

  13. #55173
    Something I noted in the Holinka interview is them mixing up the green and red flight. They mention how "Ysera" is the one who healed people in Wrathgate when it was Alexstraza and the red flight. It is a shame that the red flight isn't the healing one as it is in lore. If I had to guess it is because of the similar reason why Mistweavers were originally Chi-ji themed but they didn't like red spell effects for healers so they made it jade serpent.

    Linked time for reference:
    https://youtu.be/6p7_6zBe7Lk?t=300

  14. #55174
    Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    How did you come to this conclusion? they are not that similar tbh.
    It’s Ersula. They’re a very high level troll. They’re always posting random things that aren’t true in order to start a conversation and never backs up any of their blatantly wrong assumptions.

  15. #55175
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Was Argus shown without his helm on?
    That's not a helm. That's Argus' head. The Titans don't wear clothes. The fact that when you remove it half his head is just GONE tells you that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    How did you come to this conclusion? they are not that similar tbh.
    What conclusion? This was just an observation. Venthyr use a few blood elf hairstyles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edoll View Post
    It’s Ersula. They’re a very high level troll. They’re always posting random things that aren’t true in order to start a conversation and never backs up any of their blatantly wrong assumptions.
    Your mother.
    Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    Why are people trying to debate with someone who's answer for everything is Void Elf lmao
    Then Argus would have also looked like an Elemental & he didn't.
    Last edited by Ersula; 2022-05-01 at 01:19 AM.

  16. #55176
    Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    Then Argus would have also looked like an Elemental & he didn't.
    You know that has nothing to do with what I am saying.

  17. #55177
    The Insane rhorle's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    19,432
    Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    That's not a helm. That's Argus' head. The Titans don't wear clothes. The fact that when you remove it half his head is just GONE tells you that.
    Blizzard not giving a model a part that will never be seen is not proof that titans don't wear clothing. It is clear that Titans can choose how they manifest since they have variations. You have no evidence to suggest that Titans can not wear clothing or that the two that wear helms have no top half of their skull. Argus looks a lot like Aggramar who also was corrupted by the Legion and would have been present during his "hatching" and corruption. We also have art of pre-corruption Sargeras so we do know that they can at least change when getting corrupted.

    This is still very far away from "It looks like a dreanei because of ears and horns which were not present. So far that has been no link between the state of the planets creatures and what a Titan looks like.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    Then Argus would have also looked like an Elemental & he didn't.
    Why would Argus have to be an elemental just because Azeroth could look like an elemental because of lore? We don't know enough about Argus, the planet, to know what non corrupted form he would have manifested as. Besides we do know that he didn't manifest as some weird demon creature but similar to Aggramar. So either way it still means that a Void Elf is no where near possible.
    Last edited by rhorle; 2022-05-01 at 02:23 AM.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  18. #55178
    The Unstoppable Force Chickat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Orgrimmar
    Posts
    20,490
    Quote Originally Posted by Therougetitan View Post
    It was described as a different wing so it will probably be separate although they could rework the old one anyways
    They actually said in an interview that it's both. Said the new staff room is super cool looking. The one where you put the thing to fight the titan keeper.

  19. #55179
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Titan planets aren't impregnated, the planet forms as a protective layer over the world soul.

    And why would the sword be a mournblade?
    Dreadlords? They apparently did everything ever so it wouldn't be much of a stretch. I think Blizzard even abandoned most of the Gorshalach lore and made Taeshalach and Goribaal their own things, and since I doubt it looked like that while Sargeras was still part of the Pantheon I could easily see the Dreadlords influence him to carve a couple runes on it. Heck they could have done so while he got crushed in the portal. Certainly not the biggest stretch in recent lore. Not saying I like it though...
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

  20. #55180
    Quote Originally Posted by cantrip View Post
    For example? What will casual gamers have to do outside of world quests? Farm dragon food?

    Ok. So where is the new Torghast? Where are the new Islands? And where are the new Warfronts?
    Crafting as solo play is the idea. They create a crafting model that can create the strongest gear in the game & emulate FFXIV's crafting system, which while it doesn't seem like it, is actually really fun. Some people just craft in FFXIV & that's what Dragonflight is trying to emulate.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •