1. #55301
    The Insane Raetary's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Base Camp
    Posts
    19,003
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    No thanks, that would be far more worse than what we have now. I don't want to wait for a specific daily/worldquest/rare to be up just to grind a specific rare drop. Mechagon was horrible in that aspect.
    I'm sorry, but you can't convince me that spending hours upon hours grinding the same subzone with the same exact mobs over and over again could possibly be fun or engaging.


    Formerly known as Arafal

  2. #55302
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    Yeah well that's why they should iterate on it. But the base premise of being able to tackle all the wildlive of an area and turn them into mounts is actually quite awesome.
    Honestly I am going to say, the way collections have gotten in WoW is no longer satisfying to me. Getting the collectible meta achievements in TI and even Naz'jatar felt so much more fun. The number of collectibles was much smaller, yes but it wasn't just collecting three or more of the same model in different colors through the same system. Protoform Synthesis is a downgrade from Mechagon's system both because the grind is poorly tuned and robs you of the excitement of collecting something rare since there is no actual payoff but also because the world needs the rare drops to make rare kills more worthwhile.

    On a separate note I am not sure how I feel about a Cypher system for every zone. The world is too damn easy as it is. While I like it from a gear progression perspective, the amount of extra power from enhancement console and Poc is insane. TI also had crazy buffs but at the same time it had some very powerful elites (those caster Taunka rares were crazy) plus the very smart design decision of having multiple mobs that could get past your gear (e.g. the snakes with the % damage cast that could only be interrupted with hard cc or the frogs whose debuff could just kill you). I just think they need to make the world much, much more challenging.

  3. #55303
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    I'm sorry, but you can't convince me that spending hours upon hours grinding the same subzone with the same exact mobs over and over again could possibly be fun or engaging.
    Not even that. You can farm the really rare lattices (vespoid, tarachnid) and still not even scratch the surface for getting enough motes to get all mounts and just one of each pet. Which leaves one with the best option being to stand in one of a couple of spots with fast respawning mobs and just grind until your mind goes numb.

    Honestly with Dragonriding I am just hoping that instead of getting one model in 4-5 different colors and then 2-3 different armors and/or 2-3 different sfx we could get less on the collectible counter but then let us choose how to make them look. And also hoping for actual mounted combat down the line.

  4. #55304
    The Insane Raetary's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Base Camp
    Posts
    19,003
    The cypher system should've been used to expand zone content.

    Have the traits unlock zone events and objectives which everyone can participate in once started. (be it special rares, mob wave events or other things)
    Expand on the zones reward structure, have mote farming become easier the more daelic traits you unlock, tie the following traits to quest rewards and do what i said earlier have them drop reagents.
    Dedicate one of the cyphers to unlocking to another batch of treasures across the zone.
    Have the power related traits be their own thing and instead be player centric, give us some impactful buffs, make use of anima powers, let me temporarily obliterate things with holy nova instead of making pocopoc deal 0.5% extra damage.

    As is, the cyphers are pretty useless and the system only really exists to unlock mount crafting.


    Formerly known as Arafal

  5. #55305
    Over 9000! Lahis's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    9,969
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Honestly I think Protoform Synthesis is crap. Getting one of the rare lattices or finding the rare reagents for the mounts should feel exciting but it doesn't because the actual issue almost always is Genesis Motes. You need such an insane number of motes.
    I crafted one snail and stopped caring since there is no way I'll be getting any morw mites now that I'm Exalted

  6. #55306
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    I'm sorry, but you can't convince me that spending hours upon hours grinding the same subzone with the same exact mobs over and over again could possibly be fun or engaging.
    Isn't basically Mechagon farming mostly the same as the ZM farming, just with a reasonable amount of the basic resource?
    If you had more genesis motes than you knew what to do with i think the ZM version would have bee far superior, because it would have been a few rare ingredients, some of which can be sold on the AH.
    If you wanted a specific mount you could just farm the specific recipe or rare ingredients you needed.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

  7. #55307
    Dreadlord Berkilak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    The Green Chapel
    Posts
    916
    Quote Originally Posted by cantrip View Post
    Mount taming is a quite old idea and i know i would like it.

    Which literally means blizzard will never implement it.
    They literally already did in WoD.

  8. #55308
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Honestly I think Protoform Synthesis is crap. Getting one of the rare lattices or finding the rare reagents for the mounts should feel exciting but it doesn't because the actual issue almost always is Genesis Motes. You need such an insane number of motes.
    The motes can be a bit of an issue but in case you didn't know, there's a weekly chest in the Gravid Repose area, where you get the energy to teleport to other terminals. Go to the interior one, then the Repertory chamber or something to that extent, you want the Requisites Generator thing. Fourth option, gives you like 20-30 motes and a chance for the unalloyed bronze item.

    You can do it on alts to get more. Helps a bit.

    I do like the idea of the Protoform stuff though, being able to focus on what you want.

  9. #55309
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Isn't basically Mechagon farming mostly the same as the ZM farming, just with a reasonable amount of the basic resource?
    If you had more genesis motes than you knew what to do with i think the ZM version would have bee far superior, because it would have been a few rare ingredients, some of which can be sold on the AH.
    If you wanted a specific mount you could just farm the specific recipe or rare ingredients you needed.
    Plus Mechagon had the event in the middle that could get you tons of resource if you contributed.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Kiivar86 View Post
    The motes can be a bit of an issue but in case you didn't know, there's a weekly chest in the Gravid Repose area, where you get the energy to teleport to other terminals. Go to the interior one, then the Repertory chamber or something to that extent, you want the Requisites Generator thing. Fourth option, gives you like 20-30 motes and a chance for the unalloyed bronze item.

    You can do it on alts to get more. Helps a bit.

    I do like the idea of the Protoform stuff though, being able to focus on what you want.
    Yeah Repertory Alcove. Doesn't give much. Honestly time spent to get energy on alts to get there would probably give you about the same number of motes spent grinding in any of the good grinding spots.

  10. #55310
    Dreadlord Berkilak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    The Green Chapel
    Posts
    916
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Honestly I think Protoform Synthesis is crap. Getting one of the rare lattices or finding the rare reagents for the mounts should feel exciting but it doesn't because the actual issue almost always is Genesis Motes. You need such an insane number of motes.
    As with nearly any modern system coming out of Blizzard, the concept is fantastic. The execution, though, kneecaps its own potential.

  11. #55311
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Honestly I think Protoform Synthesis is crap. Getting one of the rare lattices or finding the rare reagents for the mounts should feel exciting but it doesn't because the actual issue almost always is Genesis Motes. You need such an insane number of motes.
    Huh? I never found the motes to be an issue. They accrue over time because they drop from damn near everything. They are only a problem if you have no patience. Some of the rare drops are actually rare, though, especially those darn Vombata lattices.

  12. #55312
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Huh? I never found the motes to be an issue. They accrue over time because they drop from damn near everything. They are only a problem if you have no patience. Some of the rare drops are actually rare, though, especially those darn Vombata lattices.
    Heh maybe you are really unlucky with everything else. The only thing that is really rare as you said is a few of the lattices but even then, nowhere near that rare to make up for the 500 to 1 ratio you need motes at.

  13. #55313
    Zereth Mortis just seems so barebones. Is the zone anything other than dailies / wq and killing rares / farming mobs for mounts? At least Nazj and Mechagon had actual mechanics and new events in them.

  14. #55314
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Heh maybe you are really unlucky with everything else. The only thing that is really rare as you said is a few of the lattices but even then, nowhere near that rare to make up for the 500 to 1 ratio you need motes at.
    The ratio is closer to 400:1. Only a few select patterns need 500, and several only need 300. And that actually is relatively close to the ratio you get, as well. Motes are frequent and drop in multiples. Lattices tend to be 1% drops at best.

    Also, you can collect motes with all your alts as well as soon as they unlock the petcrafting. They are BoA. Even without dedicated farming i tend to get at least one mount each week just like that, and that's just off random killing for quests and to get rid of those 50k raptoras flying around everywhere.

  15. #55315
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    The ratio is closer to 400:1. Only a few select patterns need 500, and several only need 300. And that actually is relatively close to the ratio you get, as well. Motes are frequent and drop in multiples. Lattices tend to be 1% drops at best.

    Also, you can collect motes with all your alts as well as soon as they unlock the petcrafting. They are BoA. Even without dedicated farming i tend to get at least one mount each week just like that, and that's just off random killing for quests and to get rid of those 50k raptoras flying around everywhere.
    You realize there are about 50 things to craft? 1 per week means a full year with some farming per week.

  16. #55316
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    You realize there are about 50 things to craft? 1 per week means a full year with some farming per week.
    And that's a problem why? Unless you're impatient and want them all now.

  17. #55317
    Quote Originally Posted by cantrip View Post
    No they did not really. Or can you go somewhere in the world and tame a wild Yeti as mount?

    No, you cannot. And that would be what i call mount taming.
    The Stables in the Garrison did have a series of quests about taming wild beasts of Draenor as mounts.

  18. #55318
    The Lightbringer Lady Atia's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    The Rumour Tower
    Posts
    3,278
    Quote Originally Posted by Berkilak View Post
    They literally already did in WoD.
    WoD had like .... 5 mounts that you could tame? I'm talking about a system that's an evolution of the current ZM Protoform Synthesis where you can tame all available wildlive with lots of recolours. So yeah, WoD did it but on a small boring scale.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    You realize there are about 50 things to craft? 1 per week means a full year with some farming per week.
    Where is the problem? Zereth Mortis is supposed to give us content for a year 'till we can get our hands on Dragonflight.

    #TEAMGIRAFFE

  19. #55319
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    And that's a problem why? Unless you're impatient and want them all now.
    I explained what I found problematic. I have time and again acquired a rare lattice but did not have enough motes to craft a mount or pet with it. There is a difference in focused grinding for a specific rare item, finding it and then being able to craft something which gives you satisfaction with having to grind something common in large quantities which feels like a chore and devalues the earlier grind. It may not happen to you but it is how I have experienced the system.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    Where is the problem? Zereth Mortis is supposed to give us content for a year 'till we can get our hands on Dragonflight.
    Grinding infinitely respawning mites is not content. Which is why I am playing other games instead of doing that. But hey, more power to you if you enjoy that.

  20. #55320
    The Lightbringer Lady Atia's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    The Rumour Tower
    Posts
    3,278
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    The Stables in the Garrison did have a series of quests about taming wild beasts of Draenor as mounts.
    Again, being able to tame 5 or 6 different mounts with only one colour .... isn't what I would call a mount taming system.

    Btw, I'm so glad they finally realized with Shadowlands that mount farming is content on itself and that people want all the different recolours. Let's hope they continue with that <3 (and also add new collection achievements including "collect all mounts from zone XY" ones!)

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I explained what I found problematic. I have time and again acquired a rare lattice but did not have enough motes to craft a mount or pet with it. There is a difference in focused grinding for a specific rare item, finding it and then being able to craft something which gives you satisfaction with having to grind something common in large quantities which feels like a chore and devalues the earlier grind. It may not happen to you but it is how I have experienced the system.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Grinding infinitely respawning mites is not content. Which is why I am playing other games instead of doing that. But hey, more power to you if you enjoy that.
    But you don't have to grind the devourer mobs at all. Just unlock the pet crafting with your alts and you will get enough motes for a mount per week just by doing world quests/dailies aswell as clearing the raid on your chars.

    #TEAMGIRAFFE

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •