Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    Reused renders from the Hearthstone cinematic 6 years ago, of course. Can't really blame them: "Low-effort" is the kind of content mobile gamers crave.
    It was rather telling that they didn't use the Hearthstone Girl (Ava) in it, but instead one of the random background characters. They didn't want to hook their Hearthstone girl to the new mobile game just yet...

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    So? The existing races that have a quest chain can boost and get their heritage armor.
    Core races need exalted with their faction, which isnt necessarily trivial, especially not for a new player.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Core races need exalted with their faction, which isnt necessarily trivial, especially not for a new player.
    Right. But it can still be done with a boosted character so the fear of it being just a cash shop transmog is already realized and no body cares. It would be easy for Blizzard to implement a reputation bar to gain that gets passively filled on the way to 60 but not when boosted for example.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Right. But it can still be done with a boosted character so the fear of it being just a cash shop transmog is already realized and no body cares. It would be easy for Blizzard to implement a reputation bar to gain that gets passively filled on the way to 60 but not when boosted for example.
    You can, but in terms of actual effort put in the core races are just a tiny bit easier at the cost of being infinitely more monotonous.
    It is annoying that if you want to race change to a new AR and also get the appearance then you would probably need to make a character just for levelling, so that might be something to change, but all in all I never had much of a problem with the levelling part, I found it nice and therapeutic when combined with the increasingly more user friendly levelling.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    That's not really "incentive to level new characters," not to mention those two things are borderline experimental so they don't know if that will actually resonate with people.

also don't list adding vendor weapons that were already in the game as a "feature"
    It's called catch up which helps bring, new characters to max level and raid level

Also cross faction has been wanted for years and we know for a fact players will make toons on the other faction especially with more heritage items coming

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by wowrefugee View Post
    lol I think that would defeat the purpose of why they implemented those restrictions. Can't see them doing that.
    If they did that people would just screech that they were money hungry

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by wowrefugee View Post
    lol I think that would defeat the purpose of why they implemented those restrictions. Can't see them doing that.
    If they did that people would just screech that they were money hungry

It takes like 10 hours played to level a Monk to 50.

7+ Year Old Account
    Right. The added them to force people to level them up manually. It really is silly though to keep that restriction in place. A few months? Sure but at some point it should be removed.

- - - Updated - - -

I think you are misunderstanding what restriction I was talking about. It was the manual level restriction on earning the heritage armor. If you use a character boost you won't get the armor. If you manually level you do. I forgot about that restriction when Void Elves first came out and boosted up a rogue to play and the only way I get the armor is if I level up another void elf.
    Oh wow. God forbid they add a reward for people who like it to level up alts.

- - - Updated - - -

Tbh, the only reason why you can boost and get heritage armour on non-allied races is because I doubt they could have figured out the technic aspect of it (as in, knowing who did boost and who did not) so they went the easy route and said "level up their reputation" which is super boring. I would rather level up a char from 1-60 than have to run 20 tbc dungeons.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, with the current system the heritage armours on allied races are atleast somewhat rare, which is a good thing.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    Oh wow. God forbid they add a reward for people who like it to level up alts.

- - - Updated - - -

Tbh, the only reason why you can boost and get heritage armour on non-allied races is because I doubt they could have figured out the technic aspect of it (as in, knowing who did boost and who did not) so they went the easy route and said "level up their reputation" which is super boring. I would rather level up a char from 1-60 than have to run 20 tbc dungeons.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, with the current system the heritage armours on allied races are atleast somewhat rare, which is a good thing.
    do the tabards not have the rep effect now?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonsworn 4 Lyfe View Post
    do the tabards not have the rep effect now?
    They do. I guess if you only level through dungeons there is really no difference between leveling up from 1-60 and farming your home rep to exalted - but I prefer to do a good junk of the leveling with questing, so the allied races method is the winner for me.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

They do. I guess if you only level through dungeons there is really no difference between leveling up from 1-60 and farming your home rep to exalted - but I prefer to do a good junk of the leveling with questing, so the allied races method is the winner for me.
    You get a massive chunk of rep just by questing in classic/cataclysm revamp content to be honest. I easily had exalted with all the Alliance factions back in vanilla and I contributed very little to the War Effort.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    You get a massive chunk of rep just by questing in classic/cataclysm revamp content to be honest. I easily had exalted with all the Alliance factions back in vanilla and I contributed very little to the War Effort.
    And if I had to decide I still would prefer to level up instead of doing any rep. Just personal preference - and I like it that blizzard is rewarding specifically the leveling up of toons (and banning boosting from it).

#TEAMGIRAFFE

And if I had to decide I still would prefer to level up instead of doing any rep. Just personal preference - and I like it that blizzard is rewarding specifically the leveling up of toons (and banning boosting from it).
    ? You get rep by leveling up, by doing quests that have to do with the race in question. So you would level up if you did what I suggested AND get rep as well. Rep absolutely makes more sense for something like a HERITAGE armor, it shows you invest in that race's story. Really the Allied Races that actually have engagement in the story, their respective reps are very much the most appropriate measure of your investment on them; it makes far more sense to be asked to do every Vulpera quest to get Vulpera heritage. It's only weak when it comes to the few races that don't have a representative faction even though they have tons of quests (Dark Irons) or that are just asspulls whose only engagement in the story is their intro quests (Void Elves).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    That's very true actually. I guess maybe the extra ilvl from Season 4 will add some extra player power, but who knows how impactful it will actually be in practice when the raids presumably need more damage to compensate.
    Meh a bit more ilvl cannot possibly match the insanity of the overcharged artifact weapon with full access to your BiS legendaries that we had at end of Legion and definitely cannot match corruption stacking which imo was the most powerful we have ever been in WoW. Cannot even match WoD 6.2 between the completely OP Trinkets from HFC, some of the most transformative tier sets the game has ever had (the current ones might actually give MORE dps than those did but only a few of them really change your class flow) and ofc the madness that was the legendary ring.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I would rather level up a char from 1-60 than have to run 20 tbc dungeons.
    That's pretty bizarre, though, you have to admit - leveling up from 1-50 (which is what you need to do, IIRC for the Allied races, rather than 1-60) takes what, about a dead minimum of 10 hours on an optimal class with using rested XP and so on, and likely much longer in real circumstances.

Whereas running through the Mechanar 20 times (which is the most efficient one) takes, like, what, I think it's about 5 minutes a go (maybe less?) so 100 minutes, which is just over an hour and a half. And you can easily do it whilst either listening to podcast or even watch a TV show on your laptop or whatever.

So basically you're saying you hate the Mechanar so much you'd literally rather spend probably 10x as much time and massively more effort (you can't do that whilst watching TV to the same degree). That's pretty odd.
    "A youtuber said so."

"... some wow experts being interviewed..."

"According to researchers from Wowhead..."

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurhetemec View Post
    That's pretty bizarre, though, you have to admit - leveling up from 1-50 (which is what you need to do, IIRC for the Allied races, rather than 1-60) takes what, about a dead minimum of 10 hours on an optimal class with using rested XP and so on, and likely much longer in real circumstances.

Whereas running through the Mechanar 20 times (which is the most efficient one) takes, like, what, I think it's about 5 minutes a go (maybe less?) so 100 minutes, which is just over an hour and a half. And you can easily do it whilst either listening to podcast or even watch a TV show on your laptop or whatever.

So basically you're saying you hate the Mechanar so much you'd literally rather spend probably 10x as much time and massively more effort (you can't do that whilst watching TV to the same degree). That's pretty odd.
    Ehm yes, I'm enjoying leveling.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ehm yes, I'm enjoying leveling.
    I guess somebody has to! I personally find it more or less impossible to level alts except by just spamming dungeons at this point.
    "A youtuber said so."

"... some wow experts being interviewed..."

"According to researchers from Wowhead..."

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurhetemec View Post
    I guess somebody has to! I personally find it more or less impossible to level alts except by just spamming dungeons at this point.
    There are some really good questing zones out there for basically every expansion, you just need to find them haha. Silverpine Forest f.e. will forever be my most beloved leveling zone, all my chars went through it, and it never gets stale. Tbf it seems like they had the perfect formula there but never used it for other zones. You have lots of frequent rares which give quite a good junk of XP, a great story, you ride alongside Sylvanas, it has an awesome ending and I think the first ingame cutscenes (the lower quality ones with your character) they ever did. Just get yourself an artifact weapon at level 10 because they are quite OP at the start. Sprinkle a few dungeons in it, get your Garrison for your free lvl 25 pet later on and you should be 50 at the end of your favourite zone(s).

Btw, from 50-60 you can now do a daily Torghast run which gives 30-50% of a level and is surprisingly fun.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

10+ Year Old Account
    There are some really good questing zones out there for basically every expansion, you just need to find them haha. Silverpine Forest f.e. will forever be my most beloved leveling zone, all my chars went through it, and it never gets stale. Tbf it seems like they had the perfect formula there but never used it for other zones. You have lots of frequent rares which give quite a good junk of XP, a great story, you ride alongside Sylvanas, it has an awesome ending and I think the first ingame cutscenes (the lower quality ones with your character) they ever did. Just get yourself an artifact weapon at level 10 because they are quite OP at the start. Sprinkle a few dungeons in it, get your Garrison for your free lvl 25 pet later on and you should be 50 at the end of your favourite zone(s).

Btw, from 50-60 you can now do a daily Torghast run which gives 30-50% of a level and is surprisingly fun.
    The zones have to match the character concept for me. Which functionally leaves something like Shadowlands as dead content from the start, since as a setting, it doesn't inherently match any race or class.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Berkilak View Post
    The zones have to match the character concept for me. Which functionally leaves something like Shadowlands as dead content from the start, since as a setting, it doesn't inherently match any race or class.
    Well, you will be able to ignore Shadowlands once 10.0 hits, Chromie Time will be expanded to level 60 afterall.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, you will be able to ignore Shadowlands once 10.0 hits, Chromie Time will be expanded to level 60 afterall.
    Unfortunately, that'll be in a year or so, and I have an army of dead alts sitting at 45-50. I want to get prepped for Dragonflight, particularly with the aforementioned year until new content, but I can't subject myself to that.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Jesus, Tom Chilton is working on this mobile thing? There goes my theory he could work on some big wow revamp project xD.

Quote Originally Posted by Berkilak View Post
    Unfortunately, that'll be in a year or so, and I have an army of dead alts sitting at 45-50. I want to get prepped for Dragonflight, particularly with the aforementioned year until new content, but I can't subject myself to that.
    Sadly 50-60 has no Chromie, but pacing right now is perfect. On Alliance I just finished fill the bar + dungeon in every zone and I was 60. Bonus objectives now are faster than world quests. Also I always finished with ~65 renown, so in 9.2.5 will get 80 during leveling.
    Last edited by Dracullus; 2022-05-04 at 05:32 PM.