1. #55721
    Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    8,372
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    That would already put you in 2023 though, as they won't release in Christmas week.

    S3 only started end of February. Even if it is only 6 months, that would put S4 as starting in August.
    As I said, we have exactly 8 months for both to release in 2022. They said shorter S4, but still 2 months sound waaaay too short. It sound more like 3-4. On the other hand 6+3/4 put release very early into 2023 - so early that make you wonder why won't they just focus on 10.0 alone and cash in big Christmas money.

    Or we just read too much into this and it will be something like 7+4 and pre-patch in March like we expect for months.

  2. #55722
    Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    The 4chan leak is less reliable than the Scaleface leak though, and Scaleface did say November.
    November is completely out of question. That's 6 months from now on and season 4 alone would be <6 months (they said it's shorter than the other seasons but not much). Season 3 has still left 3-4 more months. So November is no possibility at all. Even if we say season 4 is just 4 months (which would be almost a 50% cut), that's still 4 months + an additional 3/4 for season 3 plus pre-patch of another month. Towards the end of Q1 like the wowhead article said is the most reasonable expectation at this point.
    Last edited by Nyel; 2022-05-08 at 01:43 PM.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

  3. #55723
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    As I said, we have exactly 8 months for both to release in 2022. They said shorter S4, but still 2 months sound waaaay too short. It sound more like 3-4. On the other hand 6+3/4 put release very early into 2023 - so early that make you wonder why won't they just focus on 10.0 alone and cash in big Christmas money.

    Or we just read too much into this and it will be something like 7+4 and pre-patch in March like we expect for months.
    Either way, i see no realistic possibility of it coming in 2022.

  4. #55724
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    November is completely out of question. That's 6 months from now on and season 4 alone would be <6 months (they said it's shorter than the other seasons but not much). Season 3 has still left 3-4 more months. So November is no possibility at all. Even if we say season 4 is just 4 months (which would be almost a 50% cut), that's still 4 months + an additional 3/4 for season 3 plus pre-patch of another month. Towards the end of Q1 like the wowhead article said is the most reasonable expectation at this point.
    Could be wrong about this, but didn't BfA season 4 last until Shadowlands questing was available two weeks into the pre-patch?
    Not that it would be a great idea given it would give a new class halfway into the established meta, but SL season 4 is a bit less serious than a "real" season.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Either way, i see no realistic possibility of it coming in 2022.
    The actual Dragonflight content is almost certainly only coming in 2023, but I think there is a decent chance of the 10.0 patch coming late 2022 for some more variety.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

  5. #55725
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Could be wrong about this, but didn't BfA season 4 last until Shadowlands questing was available two weeks into the pre-patch?
    Not that it would be a great idea given it would give a new class halfway into the established meta, but SL season 4 is a bit less serious than a "real" season.
    Oh don't know about that, it's possible. What would we "win" by this regarding the time frame? 1-2 months?
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

  6. #55726
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Oh don't know about that, it's possible. What would we "win" by this regarding the time frame? 1-2 months?
    Usually I think the pre-patch is only 2-3 weeks. Cata was the exception with a full 2 months, and I think Legion lasted 4 weeks, though those two were also exceptionally full of stuff to do.

    Realistically I could only really see the launch work like that if the pre-patch lasts over the Christmas season. Basically where the choice is either nothing until 2023 or extra time in the pre-patch.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

  7. #55727
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Usually I think the pre-patch is only 2-3 weeks. Cata was the exception with a full 2 months, and I think Legion lasted 4 weeks, though those two were also exceptionally full of stuff to do.

    Realistically I could only really see the launch work like that if the pre-patch lasts over the Christmas season. Basically where the choice is either nothing until 2023 or extra time in the pre-patch.
    They already told us that the pre-event is only two weeks, though. So unless they immediately launch in early January, i'm not really seeing that.

  8. #55728
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    They already told us that the pre-event is only two weeks, though. So unless they immediately launch in early January, i'm not really seeing that.
    The event is two weeks, but that doesn't necessarily need to mean the actual pre-patch only lasts that long.
    Say we get a month of pre-patch. All that would mean is two weeks of tinkering with the new talents, levelling a Dracthyr, and looking at the small changes. And then 2 weeks of an actual event.

    Pre-patch events are usually staggered afterall, so maybe.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

  9. #55729
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I think if they had a chance to release in 2022 we would have gotten a release date.
    Conversely if they knew it was coming in out in early 2023, they probably would of said it was well. Especially since that gives them a Jan - March window in case the game needs extra time.

    My guess is they want to release it in late 2022 but have doubts on the time table. Probably why they haven't committed yet.

  10. #55730
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Players come up with ideas like this: https://www.wowhead.com/news/fan-mad...26723#comments

    And Blizzard gives us something as boring, uninspired and ugly as a Dracthyr Evoker. I have no idea why the community of this game seems so much more engaged and talented in creating new and interesting stuff compared to the devs. It's sad.
    Eh I like them and im quite happy with the design

  11. #55731
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyrexia View Post
    Eh I like them and im quite happy with the design
    Just because you have low standards doesn't mean every1 should.

  12. #55732
    Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Conversely if they knew it was coming in out in early 2023, they probably would of said it was well. Especially since that gives them a Jan - March window in case the game needs extra time.

    My guess is they want to release it in late 2022 but have doubts on the time table. Probably why they haven't committed yet.
    I think this is the most likely. The big release year is what most players will take from it, not whether it releases early November or late January.
    Sure they could get a big PR boost by saying they want to release it in 2023 and then getting it on time, or even release it early, but they could just as easily stumble on it. And while saying they want to release it in 2022 and then delaying is a normal occurrence in gaming media, it is still a tough sell for a company that is currently trying to rebuild it's image.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

  13. #55733
    Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Conversely if they knew it was coming in out in early 2023, they probably would of said it was well. Especially since that gives them a Jan - March window in case the game needs extra time.

    My guess is they want to release it in late 2022 but have doubts on the time table. Probably why they haven't committed yet.
    They could have easily set up pre-orders with the "the expansion will launch before March 31" or something like they did with the last three expansions. They didn't do that and I'm pretty sure they're not even considering a 2022 release. Especially not with WotLK Classic in mind - but that's just my take. If they anticipate a 2022 release, they would have figured out pre-orders yet. Now we're in, almost a month later and they are still not available.
    Last edited by Nyel; 2022-05-08 at 02:59 PM.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

  14. #55734
    Quote Originally Posted by Nokster10 View Post
    Just because you have low standards doesn't mean every1 should.
    I'm not the only one who is happy with them tho am I, just because you have ridiculous standards to adhere too doesn't mean blizzard should listen to you, that and you don't talk for the entire playerbase, get over yourself.

  15. #55735
    Void Lord Aeluron Lightsong's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    In some Sanctuaryesque place or a Haven
    Posts
    44,683
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyrexia View Post
    I'm not the only one who is happy with them tho am I, just because you have ridiculous standards to adhere too doesn't mean blizzard should listen to you, that and you don't talk for the entire playerbase, get over yourself.
    Its better to not respond to that person. He's been unhappy for several expansions now and hasn't stopped.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

    Warrior-Magi

  16. #55736
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyrexia View Post
    I'm not the only one who is happy with them tho am I, just because you have ridiculous standards to adhere too doesn't mean blizzard should listen to you, that and you don't talk for the entire playerbase, get over yourself.
    "Ridiculous standards" when talking about a supposedly new race that uses outdated models for one of its forms. Ah yeah.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

  17. #55737
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyrexia View Post
    I'm not the only one who is happy with them tho am I, just because you have ridiculous standards to adhere too doesn't mean blizzard should listen to you, that and you don't talk for the entire playerbase, get over yourself.
    No need to discuss with people who are frustrated that they didn't get Arakoa, Sethrak, Ogres, insert-any-uninteresting-race. I am not too keen on Envoker, but I like Dracthyr. They already said they are looking into making them available for more classes (if I remember correctly). And about the often cited 'laziness': we didn't see sh*t from the dracthyr, they may have similarities to belves and humans, but I think we didn't see animations and stuff. If those are all exactly the same as human and belf people can start bitching. A lot of people in this thread will never be satisfied, regardless what blizz gives them. Haters gonna hate.

  18. #55738
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Its better to not respond to that person. He's been unhappy for several expansions now and hasn't stopped.
    It seems there are quite a few posters like that here on this forum, sometimes I feel it would be better for their mental health if they just left WoW and found something that brings them joy.

    All the hate and negativity is not healthy.

    Quote Originally Posted by ExiHext View Post
    No need to discuss with people who are frustrated that they didn't get Arakoa, Sethrak, Ogres, insert-any-uninteresting-race. I am not too keen on Envoker, but I like Dracthyr. They already said they are looking into making them available for more classes (if I remember correctly). And about the often cited 'laziness': we didn't see sh*t from the dracthyr, they may have similarities to belves and humans, but I think we didn't see animations and stuff. If those are all exactly the same as human and belf people can start bitching. A lot of people in this thread will never be satisfied, regardless what blizz gives them. Haters gonna hate.
    Agreed, personally I'm excited to see and learn more, also more information on giving dracthyr more class options would be welcomed.

  19. #55739
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    "Ridiculous standards" when talking about a supposedly new race that uses outdated models for one of its forms. Ah yeah.
    Prime example of what I stated above.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Kyrexia View Post
    All the hate and negativity is not healthy.
    For some it seems to be the air they breathe.

  20. #55740
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    They could have easily set up pre-orders with the "the expansion will launch before March 31" or something like they did with the last three expansions. They didn't do that and I'm pretty sure they're not even considering a 2022 release. Especially not with WotLK Classic in mind - but that's just my take. If they anticipate a 2022 release, they would have figured out pre-orders yet. Now we're in, almost a month later and they are still not available.
    Pretty sure pre-orders are not available given Blizzard doesn't seem to know for sure how much to charge for it going by the questionnaire that was sent out.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •