7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    The male dracthyr have an eight-pack.
    In their visage form, yeah. Their propper dragon form is gender neutral which is awesome and makes sense because you know, all the other dragons ingame also don't have obvious differences between male and female ones. Honestly, it feels more like some people are afraid of the potential of creating a positive image for gender neutral / non-binary people lol.
    Last edited by Lady Atia; 2022-05-08 at 04:26 PM.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    In their visage form, yeah. Their propper dragon form is gender neutral which is awesome and makes sense because you know, all the other dragons ingame also don't have obvious differences between male and female ones. Honestly, it feels more like some people are afraid of the potential of creating a positive image for gender neutral people lol.
    YEah you are stretching it. Afraid lol. That's some crappy representation to get for NBi people.

7+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, it feels more like some people are afraid of the potential of creating a positive image for gender neutral people lol.
    Please, enlighten me, how is an 8 foot tall skinny dragonman who can turn into either a victoria's secret runway model or shredded gym bro a "positive body image for non-binary people"???

Formerly known as Arafal

Please, enlighten me, how is an 8 foot tall skinny dragonman who can turn into either a victoria's secret runway model or shredded gym bro a "positive body image for non-binary people"???
    Not to mention the aspects whose dragon forms are not particularly sexualized all turning into underwear models. Remember in Cata when we got the Nozdormu elf form and the meme was that he looked like Mark Wahlberg's CK underwear campaign? Alex that looked like she escaped from Hutt's slave harem?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    Then again, just look at the backlash Kul'tirans got.
    Well its one sorta big to another big. Having a middle ground of looking "buff" but not super buff that sometimes Humans come off as.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

7+ Year Old Account
    Well, they said that lorewise they can change their visage form at will between genders, hence you can do that for free on barbers. This, paired with the genderneutral "true" form is giving a positive image for non-binary people imo. That said, it's such a broad term/thema that of course you won't make anyone happy. My point still stands - I'm sure there are quite alot of people who are afraid of even trying to give non-binary people a little bit of representation, similiar to the whole Pelagos drama.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Well, they said that lorewise they can change their visage form at will between genders, hence you can do that for free on barbers. This, paired with the genderneutral "true" form is giving a positive image for non-binary people imo. That said, it's such a broad term/thema that of course you won't make anyone happy. My point still stands - I'm sure there are quite alot of people who are afraid of even trying to give non-binary people a little bit of representation, similiar to the whole Pelagos drama.
    Even if that was their goal, there's far better ways to pursue it than hiding it behind a race of lizard people.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by LalaGamer View Post
    They added a new quest for Calia Menethil on PTR it's called Eyes of the Wolf.My guess it will be given by Greymane.
    Seems to just be a plot device for the Calia quest to be open to both factions. Which does not bode well for those expecting an AR from it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Even if that was their goal, there's far better ways to pursue it than hiding it behind a race of lizard people.

- - - Updated - - -

Seems to just be a plot device for the Calia quest to be open to both factions. Which does not bode well for those expecting an AR from it.
    Well, if we get dark ranger/darkfallen customizations or allied races I would expect to get both the night elf and blood elf flavour.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Undead Night Elves (A), Undead Blood elves (H).

The Blood Knight Armor questline isn't open to both factions. Combined with the Highborne CC VO, if anything the both factions thing is more of an indicator than not.

They had Darkfallen customization ready to go in the game files for Belves in 9.0. But for whatever reason didn't add them there. It seems like the long term plan since War of the Thorns was to make them an AR once the Sylvanas' storyline was over.
    Last edited by Ersula; 2022-05-08 at 05:17 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    There was no Pelagos drama. News regarding him came and went. Pretty sure barely anyone looks on Dracthyr through the scope of any representation.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    There was no Pelagos drama. News regarding him came and went. Pretty sure barely anyone looks on Dracthyr through the scope of any representation.
    Cause well he doesn't appear to much in questing and you have to actually look to figure out his identity related stuff. Again I don't really care but.....he could of been used better.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Cause well he doesn't appear to much in questing and you have to actually look to figure out his identity related stuff. Again I don't really care but.....he could of been used better.
    Hey man, he got Arbitered in the end.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

It's because they aren't. Gaming doesn't easily do queer representation. If they do, they make sure they can hide it from straight people as well as they can (which means it's no representation at all).

- - - Updated - - -

Hey man, he got Arbitered in the end.
    Well when they decided to move him to the front of the story with so little build up, I cannot exactly blame people for suggesting that it might be pandering.

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Source: Leeroy Jenkins to be a heavily featured character in Dragonflight

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Well when they decided to move him to the front of the story with so little build up, I cannot exactly blame people for suggesting that it might be pandering.
    I haven't seen anyone complaining about it and linking it to his past. They were all annoyed, because guy was pretty much not there between Bastion and 9.2, but suddenly he got turned into a major figure.

I haven't seen anyone complaining about it and linking it to his past. They were all annoyed, because guy was pretty much not there between Bastion and 9.2, but suddenly he got turned into a major figure.
    True, the complaints might as well have just been here?

Their propper dragon form is gender neutral which is awesome and makes sense because you know, all the other dragons ingame also don't have obvious differences between male and female ones.
    All dragons in WoW appear gender neutral. The difference between actual Dragons that have been depicted and Dracthyr is that Dracthyr don't match the style of WoW's dragons at all. Saying "Making Dracthyr buffer/have thicker appendages/have a stronger jaw line makes them more masculine" is disingenuous because all dragons in WoW have those characteristics, regardless of their gender.

Honestly, it feels more like some people are afraid of the potential of creating a positive image for gender neutral / non-binary people lol.
    People want to play actual dragons that match WoW's depiction of dragons as closely as possible (barring being bipedal instead of on 4 legs), not "dragons" that look more like lizards. There's been plenty of community renders that show that Blizzard can fix the Dracthyr to align closer to what's actually in the lore (thicker arms/legs/neck, stronger jaw line, sharper edges on the joints, just to name a few) without remodeling them to just be Orcs/Draenei with wings and a snout.

Dracthyr needs changes to actually dragons and not reptiles, being buff isn't a gendered thing. Hell, looking more like an actual reptile would be fine because reptiles mostly don't have thin necks.

Regardless, Dragons, of any of the races in WoW, should be imposing. Dracthyr, in their current state from what we've seen, are not an imposing race.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well Dragons and lizards have similarities so..... not sure what your point is. Also there was no way they were going to allow the size of dragons to be playable, there would be clear gameplay issues with that. Yeah Dracthyr aren't like a typical dragon but thats kinda expected.
    Last edited by Aeluron Lightsong; 2022-05-08 at 05:45 PM.

Warrior-Magi

7+ Year Old Account
    Well Dragons and lizards have similarities so..... not sure what your point is. Also there was no way they were going to allow the size of dragons to be playable, there would be clear gameplay issues with that. Yeah Dracthyr aren't like a typical dragon but thats kinda expected.
    Man, he doesn't mean actual dragon size. He means all that "I fixed them" art:

You are being obtuse. The point was fairly clear. Warcraft Dragons use bulky models. There ARE slim dragons in fantasy but WoW has always used bulky ones. So when they choose to make a humanoid version of them and they choose a gecko, it's weird.

Heck there is even an argument about why it could be considered lazy and it has nothing to do with Visage forms being limited. We are getting a new race that can only show TWO items and their weapon in their primary combat form. Everyone who thought diaper gnomes would open the gates for races with different body types must be rudely disillusioned; instead they opened the gates for races with just no mogs at all.
    Last edited by Nymrohd; 2022-05-08 at 05:57 PM.