1. #56101
    The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Land of moose and goose.
    Posts
    20,105
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    So they get transformed by the Flights but don't get any power in the process. It is amazing how you say you need lore to explicitly state something while this entire discussion is about you dismissing lore explicitly stating the Red Flight can heal.
    we don’t know if they get powers or not as there isn’t lore on the subject as of yet, if you want to make up that they do go for it I can’t stop you.
    Last edited by Lorgar Aurelian; 2022-05-01 at 10:59 PM.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

  2. #56102
    Your whole premise is that the Life dragonflight doesn’t heal when two of the currently most visible lore characters exist as a direct product of their healing.

    Hell, Alexstrasza herself is one of the best healers in HotS.

  3. #56103
    The Insane rhorle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    16,107
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    we don’t know if they get powers or not as there isn’t lore on the subject as of yet, if you want to make up that they do go for it I can’t stop you.
    https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/The...of_Alexstrasza
    https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Hope_Yet_Remains

    What about these quests then? It indicates that Alexstrasza and her power can heal pretty much the same as any other healing magic in WoW. While they are a tribute to an employee that died they are still canon when as confirmed by Blizzard in a Shadowlands interview. His soul was bound to the realm of light.

    http://lorekeeper.net/en/maldraxxus-...steve-danuser/
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  4. #56104
    Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    ...location, location!
    Posts
    13,822
    I'm sure it's been mentioned already, but in a recent interview Blizz revealed that Rogues, Priests, and Mages will be available to all races in the future (aside from Dracthyr presumably) starting in Patch 10.0.

  5. #56105
    The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Land of moose and goose.
    Posts
    20,105
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/The...of_Alexstrasza
    https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Hope_Yet_Remains

    What about these quests then? It indicates that Alexstrasza and her power can heal pretty much the same as any other healing magic in WoW. While they are a tribute to an employee that died they are still canon when as confirmed by Blizzard in a Shadowlands interview. His soul was bound to the realm of light.

    http://lorekeeper.net/en/maldraxxus-...steve-danuser/
    I’d say it indicates the opposite, “cleansing the body in favor of life anew” the hesitation about the effects on one’s body and it not being the salvation that we seek makes all of it come across as a prescribed burn like we see at the wrath gate where she thinks his body will be consumed but will atleast be saved form undeath.

    That or he’d have a similar fate as bolvar not healed but also unable to die stuck inbetween not having a great time.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

  6. #56106
    The Insane rhorle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    16,107
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    That or he’d have a similar fate as bolvar not healed but also unable to die stuck inbetween not having a great time.
    And yet he didn't meet that fate when he tried to use her magic to be healed. Strange how your conclusion isn't actually supported by the quests themselves. You keep hyper focusing on prescribed burn when it has been shown that isn't what her power is about. She has the same power as Ysera which you readily accept as being normal healing even though they are both the same mastery over life and nature.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  7. #56107
    The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Land of moose and goose.
    Posts
    20,105
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    And yet he didn't meet that fate when he tried to use her magic to be healed. Strange how your conclusion isn't actually supported by the quests themselves. You keep hyper focusing on prescribed burn when it has been shown that isn't what her power is about. She has the same power as Ysera which you readily accept as being normal healing even though they are both the same mastery over life and nature.
    Yes and he also wasn’t healed your conclusion is just as unsupported as my own.

    We are both grasping at our own interruptions neither of which are supported by the quest just like the dragonkin.
    Last edited by Lorgar Aurelian; 2022-05-02 at 02:24 AM.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

  8. #56108
    The Insane rhorle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    16,107
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    Yes and he always wasn’t healed your conclusion is just as unsupported as my own.
    Her magic was used in an attempt to cure turning into an undead. It didn't cause death and only flowers to appear in response. It was attempting to heal the same as any other healing would. The quest line first goes to Keeper Remulos. Then Alexstraza. Then the Naaru who also couldn't heal it but bound the soul instead.

    The quest supports the magic of the Red Dragonflight being able to heal. The lore supports it. So the only one grasping at straws is yourself who continually finds a way to deny in an effort to save face because you originally claimed the Red Dragonflight had nothing to do with healing.
    Last edited by rhorle; 2022-05-02 at 02:32 AM.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  9. #56109
    The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Land of moose and goose.
    Posts
    20,105
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Her magic was used in an attempt to cure turning into an undead. It didn't cause death and only flowers to appear in response. It was attempting to heal the same as any other healing would. The quest line first goes to Keeper Remulos. Then Alexstraza. Then the Naaru who also couldn't heal it but bound the soul instead

    The quest supports the magic of the Red Dragonflight being able to heal. The lore supports it. So the only one grasping at straws is yourself who continually finds a way to deny in an effort to save face because you originally claimed the Red Dragonflight had nothing to do with healing.
    it's used in an attempt to cleanse his body so new life can grow with alex her self unsure if a persons body can endure and warning against it being what you may want.

    You say that's healing I say it's the same as what happens at the wrath gate, Neither happen Neither is supported by the quest. Just like with the dragonsworn the wraithon quest all nature magic users being able to do the same thing or ysera and alex having the same powers or any thing else you can keep pretending that all this stuff acts exactly how you want it to but its still all unsupported.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

  10. #56110
    The Insane rhorle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    16,107
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    it's used in an attempt to cleanse his body so new life can grow with alex her self unsure if a persons body can endure and warning against it being what you may want.
    No. It is used to save him from dying and turning into an undead creature not to create new life. Lol. The quest says that Alexstrasza is unsure if the body will be left unchanged in the process. And not that the body is required to be changed. Because again the premise is that plague of undeath is hard to cure. Even the Naaru can't save him and merely binds his soul.

    Ysera and Alexstrasza have the same powers because they were given the same power by Eonar. Ysera was charged with the Emerald Dream while Alexstrasza was charged with all life. It is why she got the same title as Eonar. They both have power over Nature and use Nature. It isn't pretending and it is supported by the lore as I've already pointed out to you.

    You are bound to the waking Dream of Creation. Nature is your realm, and all things have caught glimpses of the Emerald Dream when they sleep. You see them all, Ysera. And they see you, though they may not know it. Like the Life-Binder, you touch all living beings, and sing to them the songs of creation and interconnectedness. - Blessing of the Green Aspec
    This is my gift: compassion for all living things. A drive to protect and nurture them. And the ability to heal that which others cannot, birth what others may not, and love even the unlovable--who surely need such grace more than any other souls. - Blessing of the Red Aspect
    That is from pages 285-287 of Thrall: Twilight of the Aspects. So please tell me how that is pretending and unsupported?
    Last edited by rhorle; 2022-05-02 at 02:51 AM.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  11. #56111
    Quote Originally Posted by ZyntosAran View Post
    I dont get these "there is nothing to do for solo / casual players"

    They explicitly said they want to continue with the 9.2 philosophies e.g. cypher system for open world in 10.0. Thats a lot of solo content for every zone. In the asmon interview Ion said they are not happy how they catered to casual players in the last expansions to there will be a lot more to do in DF for them.
    shhhhh
    stop undermining their outrage

  12. #56112
    The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Land of moose and goose.
    Posts
    20,105
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    No. It is used to save him from dying and turning into an undead creature not to create new life. Lol. The quest says that Alexstrasza is unsure if the body will be left unchanged in the process. And not that the body is required to be changed. Because again the premise is that plague of undeath is hard to cure. Even the Naaru can't save him and merely binds his soul.
    so let's quote the actual quest.
    You must understand, young <race>, that cleansing the body in favor of life anew is something well within my grasp... removing the plague of undeath without affecting the body, however, is beyond the scope of the powers that I control.

    If this Bridenbrad is the beacon of light that you profess him to be, perhaps he will endure such a cleansing and thrive, but I cannot state with confidence that this is the salvation that you seek. Take it and go with all of my blessings.
    so exactly what I just paraphrased.


    Ysera and Alexstrasza have the same powers because they were given the same power by Eonar. Ysera was charged with the Emerald Dream while Alexstrasza was charged with all life. It is why she got the same title as Eonar. They both have power over Nature and use Nature. It isn't pretending and it is supported by the lore as I've already pointed out to you.


    That is from pages 285-287 of Thrall: Twilight of the Aspects. So please tell me how that is pretending and unsupported?
    I mean your own quotes prove it unsupported and they don't have the same powers.

    Yesra is Bound to the dream while Alex is not, and Alex's literally says "what others can not" So thank you for proving me right.
    Last edited by Lorgar Aurelian; 2022-05-02 at 03:30 AM.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

  13. #56113
    The Insane rhorle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    16,107
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    so let's quote the actual quest. so exactly what I just paraphrased.
    Right. He endured but just wasn't cured. So you are entirely wrong that it requires destruction and new life. Since he went through the process of her magic with out being destroyed or being turned into something new. Weird that you claim that is what happened, right?


    I mean your own quotes prove it unsupported and they don't have the same powers.
    Their powers came from the same source. Ysera didn't create the emerald dream but was merely appointed its guardian. Alexstraza was appointed the guardian of Life on Azeroth. They are sisters both in life and power. So it isn't unsupported that they share the same power source and were empowered with the same stuff. From Chronicles:

    After the defeat of Galakrond, Eonar channeled her power through Freya and into Alexstrasza and Ysera, gifting them respectively with powers over life and the Emerald Dream, transforming them into the noble Dragon Aspects; Alexstrasza herself would be known as the greatest of the dragons, as well as the Life-Binder, and her red dragonflight would fight to protect and safeguard all life just as Eonar had
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  14. #56114
    I think trying to rectify Metzen's lore with Danuser's new shit you're on a fools errand that will only lead to despair

  15. #56115
    The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Land of moose and goose.
    Posts
    20,105
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Right. He endured but just wasn't cured. So you are entirely wrong that it requires destruction and new life. Since he went through the process of her magic with out being destroyed or being turned into something new. Weird that you claim that is what happened, right?
    you must be aware that if my statement is that it's like a prescribed burn and it requires destruction for new growth then some one not being destroyed and not being healed doesn't make me wrong right? it just means the process failed in this case.

    just like how you say it heals but that also doesn't happen if it was actually just regular healing it failing in this situation wouldn't make you entirely wrong.



    Their powers came from the same source. Ysera didn't create the emerald dream but was merely appointed its guardian. Alexstraza was appointed the guardian of Life on Azeroth. They are sisters both in life and power. So it isn't unsupported that they share the same power source and were empowered with the same stuff. From Chronicles:
    The titan's powers all come from the same source (arcane) they do not have the same powers, druids and shaman's both have powers from nature, they do not have the same powers ect ect ect.

    Yesra and Alex having the same source of there powers is supported but just like all the other example's the idea that just having the same source of power gives them the same powers is unsupported as your own Twilight of the Aspects quotes prove as Alex is not bound to the dream and and do what others can not.
    Last edited by Lorgar Aurelian; 2022-05-02 at 04:22 AM.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

  16. #56116
    The Insane rhorle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    16,107
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    you must be aware that if my statement is that it's like a prescribed burn and it requires destruction for new growth then some one not being destroyed and not being healed doesn't make me wrong right? it just means the process failed in this case..
    It healed him a little bit though so it didn't fail. It just wasn't strong enough to heal him all the way. So once again you are wrong.

    "It was nearly as painful as it looked, but it was as if I could feel some of the corruption being burnt away from within my body."

    Yesra and Alex having the same source of there powers is supported but just like all the other example's the idea that just having the same source of power gives them the same powers is unsupported as your own Twilight of the Aspects quotes prove as Alex is not bound to the dream and and do what others can not.
    So Eonar gave Alexstraza the power over life but not the ability to heal at all? Alexstraza doesn't have to be bound to the dream to have the same source of powers. That is like saying all mages have to be Titans because they draw upon Arcane power as well.
    Last edited by rhorle; 2022-05-02 at 04:38 AM.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  17. #56117
    The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Land of moose and goose.
    Posts
    20,105
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    I healed him a little bit though so it didn't fail. It just wasn't strong enough to heal him all the way. So once again you are wrong.

    "It was nearly as painful as it looked, but it was as if I could feel some of the corruption being burnt away from within my body."
    “as if I could feel” just like when you tired to use the forsaken and the light as an example feeling like you are on fire and being on fire are not the same thing.

    There’s no indication that it had any actual healing effect.




    So Eonar gave Alexstraza the power over life but not the ability to heal at all? Your claims are what is not supported by lore. Alexstraza doesn't have to be bound to the dream to have the same source of powers. That is like saying all mages have to be Titans because they draw upon Arcane power as well. You keep creating weird rules and logic leaps to say that lore isn't actually lore.
    the source of the power isn’t what’s in question it’s them having the same powers. In this case you are the one saying all mages are titans because there power is from the same source not me, Im saying that even though the source of power is the same that does not mean they have the same powers.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

  18. #56118
    The Insane rhorle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    16,107
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    There’s no indication that it had any actual healing effect.
    There is an indication. You are just dismissing it which is entirely different from it not actually existing. Strange, right?


    the source of the power isn’t what’s in question it’s them having the same powers. In this case you are the one saying all mages are titans because there power is from the same source not me, Im saying that even though the source of power is the same that does not mean they have the same powers.
    Again. What is power over life if it doesn't include the ability to heal? I am saying all mages can use arcane magic because of the source of their magic. Just like Eonar is the source of the Red and Green flights magic. Just like the Red can Heal because they use Life and Nature magic. Just like the Green can Heal because they use Life and Nature magic. Ysera doesn't derive power from the Dream only protects it. Just as the Red protect life on Azeroth.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  19. #56119
    Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    Venthyr females use the pixie, tiara & bangs blood elf female hairstyles. If those fit, its highly likely the reverse also works. And Venthyr hairstyles would be pretty thematically compatible with Darkfallen
    Thats actually a human hairstyle originally. The tiara s are w pieces we can get since 9.2. They are brand new.

  20. #56120
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Any examples? Talents sound nearly done, they just want feedback and are thinking of how to best release them. Dragonriding we saw in the preview and it seems to work just fine. They clearly have the tech for soulbound crafting working. No other systems other than these. It's a lot of UI work but from what we've heard the UI designers have been working on this for a long time now. The world itself is probably fairly far along, heck even in expacs that took their sweet time on beta, the world was almost done when the alpha went live.
    Personally I also expect 2023 just early Q1 at this point. Alpha in early June, 6 months of testing.
    Sorry for my late response.

    Dracthyr and especially Evoker seemed very concept-y to me. There wasn't really much to show besides some concept art and a completely underwhelming and low-quality in game demonstration of them. Animations and spell effects need a ton of work from what we saw and we didn't see much.

    We haven't seen more than a few frames from the continent, there will be 8 new dungeons, yet they have announced just three.

    I mean they have the concept for Dragon riding, but it doesn't seem very far along (although it's a 100% rip off of Guild Wars 2 flying - just check this: https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment...tm_term=u7a8cr - don't get me wrong, GW2 mount system is excellent, so it's good that they're copyig at least the best available, but it's still a shameless copy with zero new takes or ideas). And while I think it's good that they're allowing usual flying later on, it just shows that they haven't really thought through Dragon riding at all, because they are already invalidating their work (which, let's be honest, is most likely just for Dragonflight again and gets abandoned later on).

    Talent system is a massive work in process, alone due to balancing. And that we have interrupts in the spec tree is another issue they seem to not have figured out yet (we saw the Druid silence in the Balance tree) and that's something that should have been cleared the minute they came up with the "new" old talent system.

    We don't have much information yet, pre-order still not available and we're stuck in quite some limbo and the announcement was two weeks ago. I expect Q1/23 not because I'm pessimistic, but because it's with all the evidence around the most likely and relatable time frame for a release. I just don't see a Q4 release as a goal they could achieve.

    (I'm basing this on the only gameplay video I know of yet https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQkw...orldofWarcraft)
    Last edited by Nyel; 2022-05-02 at 05:11 AM.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •