Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I think if they had a chance to release in 2022 we would have gotten a release date.
    Conversely if they knew it was coming in out in early 2023, they probably would of said it was well. Especially since that gives them a Jan - March window in case the game needs extra time.

My guess is they want to release it in late 2022 but have doubts on the time table. Probably why they haven't committed yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Players come up with ideas like this: https://www.wowhead.com/news/fan-mad...26723#comments

And Blizzard gives us something as boring, uninspired and ugly as a Dracthyr Evoker. I have no idea why the community of this game seems so much more engaged and talented in creating new and interesting stuff compared to the devs. It's sad.
    Eh I like them and im quite happy with the design

Quote Originally Posted by Kyrexia View Post
    Eh I like them and im quite happy with the design
    Just because you have low standards doesn't mean every1 should.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Conversely if they knew it was coming in out in early 2023, they probably would of said it was well. Especially since that gives them a Jan - March window in case the game needs extra time.

My guess is they want to release it in late 2022 but have doubts on the time table. Probably why they haven't committed yet.
    I think this is the most likely. The big release year is what most players will take from it, not whether it releases early November or late January.
    Sure they could get a big PR boost by saying they want to release it in 2023 and then getting it on time, or even release it early, but they could just as easily stumble on it. And while saying they want to release it in 2022 and then delaying is a normal occurrence in gaming media, it is still a tough sell for a company that is currently trying to rebuild it's image.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post

They could have easily set up pre-orders with the "the expansion will launch before March 31" or something like they did with the last three expansions. They didn't do that and I'm pretty sure they're not even considering a 2022 release. Especially not with WotLK Classic in mind - but that's just my take. If they anticipate a 2022 release, they would have figured out pre-orders yet. Now we're in, almost a month later and they are still not available.
    Last edited by Nyel; 2022-05-08 at 02:59 PM.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Nokster10 View Post
    Just because you have low standards doesn't mean every1 should.
    I'm not the only one who is happy with them tho am I, just because you have ridiculous standards to adhere too doesn't mean blizzard should listen to you, that and you don't talk for the entire playerbase, get over yourself.

I'm not the only one who is happy with them tho am I, just because you have ridiculous standards to adhere too doesn't mean blizzard should listen to you, that and you don't talk for the entire playerbase, get over yourself.
    Its better to not respond to that person. He's been unhappy for several expansions now and hasn't stopped.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

"Ridiculous standards" when talking about a supposedly new race that uses outdated models for one of its forms. Ah yeah.

No need to discuss with people who are frustrated that they didn't get Arakoa, Sethrak, Ogres, insert-any-uninteresting-race. I am not too keen on Envoker, but I like Dracthyr. They already said they are looking into making them available for more classes (if I remember correctly). And about the often cited 'laziness': we didn't see sh*t from the dracthyr, they may have similarities to belves and humans, but I think we didn't see animations and stuff. If those are all exactly the same as human and belf people can start bitching. A lot of people in this thread will never be satisfied, regardless what blizz gives them. Haters gonna hate.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Its better to not respond to that person. He's been unhappy for several expansions now and hasn't stopped.
    It seems there are quite a few posters like that here on this forum, sometimes I feel it would be better for their mental health if they just left WoW and found something that brings them joy.

All the hate and negativity is not healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by ExiHext View Post
    No need to discuss with people who are frustrated that they didn't get Arakoa, Sethrak, Ogres, insert-any-uninteresting-race. I am not too keen on Envoker, but I like Dracthyr. They already said they are looking into making them available for more classes (if I remember correctly). And about the often cited 'laziness': we didn't see sh*t from the dracthyr, they may have similarities to belves and humans, but I think we didn't see animations and stuff. If those are all exactly the same as human and belf people can start bitching. A lot of people in this thread will never be satisfied, regardless what blizz gives them. Haters gonna hate.
    Agreed, personally I'm excited to see and learn more, also more information on giving dracthyr more class options would be welcomed.

"Ridiculous standards" when talking about a supposedly new race that uses outdated models for one of its forms. Ah yeah.
    Prime example of what I stated above.

- - - Updated - - -

For some it seems to be the air they breathe.

They could have easily set up pre-orders with the "the expansion will launch before March 31" or something like they did with the last three expansions. They didn't do that and I'm pretty sure they're not even considering a 2022 release. Especially not with WotLK Classic in mind - but that's just my take. If they anticipate a 2022 release, they would have figured out pre-orders yet. Now we're in, almost a month later and they are still not available.
    Pretty sure pre-orders are not available given Blizzard doesn't seem to know for sure how much to charge for it going by the questionnaire that was sent out.

It seems there are quite a few posters like that here on this forum, sometimes I feel it would be better for their mental health if they just left WoW and found something that brings them joy.

Imagine branding this valid criticism as hate, lol. Dracthyr design is lazy. There's just no debate about this. If they wouldn't be lazy, they wouldn't rely on Blood Elf and Human rigs.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Pretty sure pre-orders are not available given Blizzard doesn't seem to know for sure how much to charge for it going by the questionnaire that was sent out.
    Wasn't Shadowlands more expensive than the expansions before (or did this start with BfA)? So another increase in price? Or do you expect them to lower it again?

Imagine branding this valid criticism as hate, lol. Dracthyr design is lazy. There's just no debate about this. If they wouldn't be lazy, they wouldn't rely on Blood Elf and Human rigs.

- - - Updated - - -

Wasn't Shadowlands more expensive than the expansions before (or did this start with BfA)? So another increase in price? Or do you expect them to lower it again?
    Shadowlands had 3 tiers instead of 2 for digital purchase. The best version was more expensive, but the cheapest one was cheaper than before, so it kinda balanced out in that regard.

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Shadowlands had 3 tiers instead of 2 for digital purchase. The best version was more expensive, but the cheapest one was cheaper than before, so it kinda balanced out in that regard.
    I mean the best version includes a month of sub. If you substract that (because if you are buying the xpac, you'll need to buy at least one month of sub anyway) it's a better price than the middle option tbh.

Imagine branding your own criticism as valid...Oh yeah, "no debate about this"....great answer for debating. But whatever, you have proven time and time again that you just have an unhealthy relationship with WoW, so keep seething about dracthyr, I couldn't care less.

Something not meeting your expectations is just that. Constructive criticism looks quite different.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Something not meeting your expectations is just that. Constructive criticism looks quite different.
    We've been talking about "ridiculous standards" when expecting something more than what we're getting with Dracthyr. Ridiculous is the word that matters here.

We've been talking about "ridiculous standards" when expecting something more than what we're getting with Dracthyr. Ridiculous is the word that matters here.
    I'd say the common expectation for a single new race to also include a humanoid form with multiple customizations to make it look draconic based on every single other race already available is entirely ridiculous. The Dracthyr form itself seems to have a decent amount of customization and I think we have not seen much (just look at how different the snouts look). Yes a lot of people would prefer a bulky form but at the same time, this is a caster race.

Is it what I wanted? Not really. But I am not mad about it. Still seems to have more work than any other race ever added in game.

I love this argument of "This completely new race should look like this!" , just like this "valid criticism" about how the Dracthyr are bad (checked the last five pages and the only arguments were "SO THEY SAID THEY ARE REALLY CUSTOMIZABLE YET THERE ARE ONLY TWO FORMS!?!" and "THEY ARE TOO SKINNY!").

It's fine to not like something but do you not realize how stupid you look when you claim the race is "objectively bad" or "lazy"? What, you think your epic Mok'nathal or ogres would have not been lazy lmao? Or them copying the Drakonid like everyone wants them to wouldn't be peak lazyness?

Just admit you don't like them because they dont look manly enough and we can move on.