1. #56161
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    I guess you really have to care about Sylvanas and Shadowlands to be interested in that novel. For me neither was the case and I am super happy that Shadowlands can be treated as WoD and completely ignored for the greater WoW lore (as of now).
    If you aren't interested in Sylvanas, why did you buy a book that's dedicated to her story
    "His name was Gambit. Remember it."

  2. #56162
    The Insane Raetary's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Base Camp
    Posts
    19,279
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    (because that's what the novels cost, not 30 lol).
    The kindle version is 15, the actual book is 25.


    Formerly known as Arafal

  3. #56163
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    I guess you really have to care about Sylvanas and Shadowlands to be interested in that novel. For me neither was the case and I am super happy that Shadowlands can be treated as WoD and completely ignored for the greater WoW lore (as of now).
    Oh I didn't buy it but from all the summaries it seems it actually gave some information on what the plan was. She still came off as a moron it just was a moron that made a lick of sense at least.

  4. #56164
    The Lightbringer Lady Atia's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    The Rumour Tower
    Posts
    3,520
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    The kindle version is 15, the actual book is 25.
    Well, I only read on my IPad these days - still, if you want it cheaper, just get the ebook than?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Also, I'm already starting to save the transmogs for my upcoming Draenei and Tauren Rogues - hoping they would allow us to create them with 9.2.5 already. Arghhhhhhh.
    Last edited by Lady Atia; 2022-05-13 at 01:01 PM.

    #TEAMGIRAFFE

  5. #56165
    Bloodsail Admiral Foreign Exchange Ztudent's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Sep 2021
    Location
    In Managed Decline
    Posts
    1,213
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    What we need is an actually coherent story and more extensive storytelling in-game, not another 30 bucks novel to explain it all after the story is done.
    This is not happening due to the Two Year Cycle and the dysfunctionality between the Development Team and the Narrative Team. The Narrative Team has to cut their story when the development team is behind and again it is extremely unclear if the writers even pre-write/pre-plan at this point in time with how the last two expansions have happened and the amount of problems associated with the fact that it seems they had different plans that they could not execute because of everything being on fire.

    Again, I've long advocated for the Narrative Team to at least have a place in-game to conduct themselves with writings whether its a Lore Tab or something else. I've also advocated for the inclusion of Blizzard Library to be integrated into the game and allow players to have quick access to any EPUB/PDF of any Warcraft Book simple and at ease by purchasing it in-game having access to it both in-game and out of game.

    But, also the Narrative Team SHOULD SERIOUSLY have a Lore Tab to add lore to and additional lore that cannot manifest itself in game content. It is the first and best solution in the short term before we get a company that may care more about the brand than Activision Blizzard. Although again hopium and all that with the whole Microsoft deal (if it even goes through, lol).

    The point is that the Narrative has no value to the suits. (obviously it does because it destroys the credibility and the overall attachment rate of fans which is dangerous for a franchise. But, they don't really care about that)

    Regardless, I expect the Campaign System to return with minimal amounts of text and quotes that showcase that the characters are clearly being puppeteered rather than actual real characters in a fantasy universe. While also again, feeding us breadcrumbs while the writing tries to tease about "how we're wrong and that at the end you will see that this is going to lead to an epic shocking conclusion that you couldn't foresee" and then you get there and it is literally nothing of value other than the loud screaming of management stating that they need to Cut & Run to 11.0 while your stuck in clown makeup and have a pie on your face while the medical staff comes in with a straitjacket for your insane theories while Steve wiggles his finger at you going "No, no you should go to the looney bin for believing my writing!".

    Also Steve Danuser said that the ending of Dragonflight was going to be epic. So make up what you will about that.

    I personally think the Campaign System is a complete disaster for the game. It has never succeeded at what it set out to do which was provide a weekly narrative slice of Warcraft story in which the audience is satisfied. It just does not do that at all.
    Last edited by Foreign Exchange Ztudent; 2022-05-13 at 02:19 PM.
    I no longer reply to quotations beyond if you're asking a genuine question or have a non-confrontational stance.

    Nihil.


  6. #56166
    There is also at least one new encrypted armor set on the PTR. Could be a new preorder bonus, could be an AR armor. Actually could Marlamin or a dataminer tell us if it is tied to the preorder items?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Foreign Exchange Ztudent View Post
    Regardless, I expect the Campaign System to return with minimal amounts of text and quotes that showcase that the characters are clearly being puppeteered rather than actual real characters in a fantasy universe. While also again, feeding us breadcrumbs while the writing tries to tease about "how we're wrong and that at the end you will see that this is going to lead to an epic shocking conclusion that you couldn't foresee" and then you get there and it is literally nothing of value other than the loud screaming of management stating that they need to Cut & Run to 11.0 while your stuck in clown makeup and have a pie on your face while the medical staff comes in with a straitjacket for your insane theories while Steve wiggles his finger at you going "No, no you should go to the looney bin for believing my writing!".
    Has a campaign cast even been confirmed for Dragonflight? Currently the only non-Dragon confirmed is Tyrande, and that may just be for the seed.

  7. #56167
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheezits View Post
    Has a campaign cast even been confirmed for Dragonflight? Currently the only non-Dragon confirmed is Tyrande, and that may just be for the seed.
    Isn't Khadgar about to come back as well?
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

  8. #56168
    Bloodsail Admiral Foreign Exchange Ztudent's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Sep 2021
    Location
    In Managed Decline
    Posts
    1,213
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheezits View Post
    Has a campaign cast even been confirmed for Dragonflight? Currently the only non-Dragon confirmed is Tyrande, and that may just be for the seed.
    11:31 Manny: Okay. But though Alexstraza is still there, most of the original Aspects have passed away, so we are now left with Alexstraza and Murozond (Nozdormu,) but we have a new leader actually, the blue dragonflight itself has been disbanded. The Black dragonflight is down to two known black dragons. So many of these dragonflights are in shambles, are we going to be seeing like a rebuilding of, even if they don’t restore themselves with the titans, are we going to be seeing a rebuilding of those flights throughout this initial part of expansion?

    Steve: Yeah, that’s again a huge part of the level-up campaign and some of the max-level narrative chapters that will unfold as well. So like you said it very well, the dragon flights as compared to how they once were are in shambles, Alexstraza still leads the red flight and Nozdormu still leads the bronze. But you know, Nozdormu faced many challenges during Cataclysm, where we saw this future self of him turning into Murozond and becoming infinite. And so that’s, he knows that is coming at some point, that transformation moment and that weighs heavily on his mind and he’s having trouble clearly seeing the time ways right now.
    Confirmed source on this is that Steve talked about doing Chapters for Endgame story delivery. So yes, the story is structured just like Shadowlands.

    Source: For Azeroth Ep 210, Warcraftradio interview with Steve Danuser.

    Anyways, if you want to argue that Chapters is something else. Fine, I'm just saying that the Campaign System that we've seen was structured the same way indicating that it is not going to get a revamp or any changes that make it better for the audience to go through.

    Again, there's some contradictions here from Ions' point of view regarding Time Gating that goes against the typical Campaign structure being likely but we'll see.
    Last edited by Foreign Exchange Ztudent; 2022-05-13 at 02:27 PM.
    I no longer reply to quotations beyond if you're asking a genuine question or have a non-confrontational stance.

    Nihil.


  9. #56169
    Void Lord Aeluron Lightsong's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    In some Sanctuaryesque place or a Haven
    Posts
    44,683
    Has a campaign cast even been confirmed for Dragonflight? Currently the only non-Dragon confirmed is Tyrande, and that may just be for the seed.
    Wrathion and Kalecgos might be involved to but there hasn't been too much information. No mention of Nozdormu either which is more suspect.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

    Warrior-Magi

  10. #56170
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheezits View Post
    There is also at least one new encrypted armor set on the PTR. Could be a new preorder bonus, could be an AR armor. Actually could Marlamin or a dataminer tell us if it is tied to the preorder items?
    It seems like dataminers mostly don't care. Shit is either encrypted, or missing filenames so it is impossible to get any info.

  11. #56171
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Why? They're all dead and will at most be seen in some Wrathion flashback.
    It's speculation either way but I don't think they will pass on the opportunity to update them as they are only slight tweaks to base dragon model and may be used during Dragonflight in some capacity.

  12. #56172
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    It seems like dataminers mostly don't care. Shit is either encrypted, or missing filenames so it is impossible to get any info.
    What happened to Ybarra saying there would be a ton of new DF info in May? May is half over & all they announced was Arclight Rumble.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    You know that people who would only log in because they read about a new thing on wowhead will still do that, just as the same time as everyone else explores the new stuff? Yes, the news draught sucks right now, but it's still better than the old way in the end. The old "everything is dataminable on the PTR" stance was like you could play with your birthday presents you get in advance, just dumb.
    Then why have a PTR at all? Its supposed to be a cost effective testing method & you're only going to get people to do that for you because of the "birthday presents" principal.

    It makes no sense to design your development strategy based on people who go out of their way to look for spoilers then get mad about it: Those people are the very definition of a vocal minority.
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    They've put major quest lines on the splash page before. I'm not insisting anything is typical because this is the first time they are heavily encrypting things. However that still doesn't mean that the splash page is confirmed or has to be pre-order stuff.
    Not *encrypted* questlines.

  13. #56173
    The Insane rhorle's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    19,767
    Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    Not *encrypted* questlines.
    Right. Which can explain why the splash page is encrypted because the major quest that would appear there is also encrypted. I'm not sure what is hard to understand about that.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  14. #56174
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Right. Which can explain why the splash page is encrypted because the major quest that would appear there is also encrypted. I'm not sure what is hard to understand about that.
    I didn't say it was hard to understand. I said it was unusual. And stupid.

  15. #56175
    The Insane rhorle's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    19,767
    Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    I didn't say it was hard to understand. I said it was unusual. And stupid.
    It is hardly stupid. Blizzard doesn't want things to be spoiled so they are encrypting anything that could possible mention what they want to be hidden. Calling it stupid just makes you come across as angry because you can't know story details before hand.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  16. #56176
    Void Lord Aeluron Lightsong's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    In some Sanctuaryesque place or a Haven
    Posts
    44,683
    Not knowing story spoilers is a good thing. It won't be easy going forward but its better this way. If your argument is "But we can't keep Blizz in check then" Not really true either since you can do it before and afterwards but even then complaining for its own sake is stupid and a waste of energy and sounds miserable. I want DF Asap but I have to wait and accept that.

    At least no known date is known yet instead of "Oh its coming out x"


    *Months later*

    "Actually its delayed"
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

    Warrior-Magi

  17. #56177
    The Lightbringer Lady Atia's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    The Rumour Tower
    Posts
    3,520
    Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    What happened to Ybarra saying there would be a ton of new DF info in May? May is half over & all they announced was Arclight Rumble.

    Then why have a PTR at all? Its supposed to be a cost effective testing method & you're only going to get people to do that for you because of the "birthday presents" principal.

    It makes no sense to design your development strategy based on people who go out of their way to look for spoilers then get mad about it: Those people are the very definition of a vocal minority.

    Not *encrypted* questlines.
    The PTR is for testing bugs and stuff, not for you to play the game months before it actually comes out. Maybe it wasn't in the past, but that's what it will be in the future.

    Oh, and playing PTR for story always felt miserable anyways, because you know it's not the real game. All it did was take the surprise away while also giving you the feeling of playing a card game with faked cards.

    #TEAMGIRAFFE

  18. #56178
    Due to that DF pricing survey that mentions an armor transmog, I’m more inclined to believe the encrypted armor set is for the pre order.

  19. #56179
    How are Darkfallen supposed to become playable if their numbers are so small and their not growing?
    At least with something like Void Elves they are actively shown has getting new followers.
    We don't see any new Darkfallen being created right now.

  20. #56180
    Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    What happened to Ybarra saying there would be a ton of new DF info in May? May is half over & all they announced was Arclight Rumble.

    Then why have a PTR at all? Its supposed to be a cost effective testing method & you're only going to get people to do that for you because of the "birthday presents" principal.

    It makes no sense to design your development strategy based on people who go out of their way to look for spoilers then get mad about it: Those people are the very definition of a vocal minority.

    Not *encrypted* questlines.
    "may is half over" still 18 days to go so plenty of time

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •