1. #56641
    Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    8,454
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    I never get why anyone would want nerfs for anyone. Buffing underperforming specs is always better than nerfing something that's good and fun for people. How damage jealous can you be that you would cheer for your friends to do less?
    I dissagree.. What does buffing everyone else now really do? Maybe I am oldschool, but there are some obvious outliners out there for some time. They know, blizz knows and we know so save everyone a break and look at those is my opinion.
    Last edited by Alanar; 2022-05-21 at 09:03 PM.

  2. #56642
    Void Lord Aeluron Lightsong's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    In some Sanctuaryesque place or a Haven
    Posts
    44,683
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    http://web.archive.org/web/201511130.../blog/19955663
    Then the Death Knights traveled back in time to get their blog

    Also Paladin was the first released the next day
    http://web.archive.org/web/201511122.../blog/19955661
    Still doesn't change anything and you should be patient. Don't obsess everyday about Blizzard making a move. It will come.
    Last edited by Aeluron Lightsong; 2022-05-21 at 09:04 PM.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

    Warrior-Magi

  3. #56643
    Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    8,319
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    http://web.archive.org/web/201511130.../blog/19955663
    Then the Death Knights traveled back in time to get their blog

    Also Paladin was the first released the next day
    http://web.archive.org/web/201511122.../blog/19955661
    WOW AND THEY ALL CAME ON 11TH DAY OF MONTH WHAT A COINCIDENCE.

    Please, think one more time about this. I don't want to be blunt.

    Here's link from modern site if it'll help you. Check date here.
    Last edited by Dracullus; 2022-05-21 at 09:07 PM.

  4. #56644
    The Insane Raetary's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Base Camp
    Posts
    19,371
    I don't get what you are on about.
    Legion Blizzcon happened 6th-7th nov, right after that we got the first blog announcement on the 8th.
    Day after we got the paladin blog, day after the dk blog, etc.

    This year we just got what we would get from the Blizzcon panel, then radio silence despite talk of Dracthyr and talent blogs.


    Formerly known as Arafal

  5. #56645
    Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    8,319
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    I don't get what you are on about.
    Legion Blizzcon happened 6th-7th nov, right after that we got the first blog announcement on the 8th.
    Day after we got the paladin blog, day after the dk blog, etc.

    This year we just got what we would get from the Blizzcon panel, then radio silence despite talk of Dracthyr and talent blogs.
    Yep. And Blizzcon wasn't reveal of expansion. It was 3 months after reveal. Ion said he want release talents for people before Alpha. He didn't say he will do it when first high from expac reveal will fade out for you guys.

    Not to mention all news are 9.2.5 focused. Just like we haven't heard 9.2 specifics before 9.1.5 release, despite - as first PTR build show us - it was pretty advanced. I don't get people always assume Blizzard gives us everything they have right now.

    Reveal was exact 1 hour long, so what's more likely - they had only material for 1 hour or they estimated 1 hour is max what typical member of target audience can digest in one sitting? It's not even a question since after reveal we had 5+ interviews for more invested people that gave a lot of additional info.

  6. #56646
    Pit Lord boyzma's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    In yer base, killing yer dudes
    Posts
    2,400
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    WOW AND THEY ALL CAME ON 11TH DAY OF MONTH WHAT A COINCIDENCE.

    Please, think one more time about this. I don't want to be blunt.

    Here's link from modern site if it'll help you. Check date here.
    No....learn how we write dates.....11 is the friggin month, then 8, 9 ect. Jesus

  7. #56647
    Quote Originally Posted by boyzma View Post
    No....learn how we write dates.....11 is the friggin month, then 8, 9 ect. Jesus
    The person you're replying to agrees with you.

  8. #56648
    It's weird people don't remember that Blizzard has always announced, done interviews and then gone silent until it's time for testing or they are ready to release information in preparation for testing.

  9. #56649
    Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    8,319
    Quote Originally Posted by wowrefugee View Post
    The person you're replying to agrees with you.
    Just another day on mmochampion.

  10. #56650
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    It's weird people don't remember that Blizzard has always announced, done interviews and then gone silent until it's time for testing or they are ready to release information in preparation for testing.
    Which would all be normal if you just ignore the Dragonflight announcement was itself already 5 & a half months late.

  11. #56651
    The Unstoppable Force rhorle's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    20,061
    Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    Let it be known if multiple affiliated content creators are making videos about an allied race you know isn't happening, or you say you want to show off talent trees "ASAP" and then your only response is to go silent for a month, that's unacceptable.
    And yet it is still normal because Blizzard has always "gone silent" after making reveals or talking about things at events. You might have the occasional blog post or interview but there were always peaks and valleys to information. And lets not pretend this is an actual problem. Because you'll still be around to discuss the game regardless, right?
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  12. #56652
    Quote Originally Posted by boyzma View Post
    No....learn how we write dates.....11 is the friggin month, then 8, 9 ect. Jesus
    I would argue that way of writting dates makes absolutely no sense save for an anglo-saxon. The rest of the world wrte them like normal people, either from long to short (year/month/day) or from short to long (day/month/year)

  13. #56653
    Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    8,319
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    And yet it is still normal because Blizzard has always "gone silent" after making reveals or talking about things at events. You might have the occasional blog post or interview but there were always peaks and valleys to information. And lets not pretend this is an actual problem. Because you'll still be around to discuss the game regardless, right?
    Ion said they want release talent trees "ahead of Alpha", not "ASAP" in this interview, so Ersula comment is lie/manipulation, which of course surprise nobody.

    Same with "5.5 month late reveal", cause there were no Blizzcon xD. It's so stupid take I don't know where to begin. OBVIOUSLY DF won't launch on date Blizzard could picture two years ago. Since then SL launch and every single patch had their owns delays. Usual Blizzcon November '21 reveal would point to 2022 release, which obviously won't happen.

  14. #56654
    Quote Originally Posted by pacotaco View Post
    I would argue that way of writting dates makes absolutely no sense save for an anglo-saxon. The rest of the world wrte them like normal people, either from long to short (year/month/day) or from short to long (day/month/year)
    Well, of course the people that think going 12-3-1760 on distance conversions would think that is sensible. While the people that go 10-10-10 think they should take their pants of their head.

  15. #56655
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    You expected release in 2022? If not, where you got that impression that Alpha won't start during summer?
    I'm not expecting a 2022 release, my impression was they would get the talent blogs out mid May so we could play around with it quite some time before alpha presumably early June.

  16. #56656
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    And yet it is still normal because Blizzard has always "gone silent" after making reveals or talking about things at events. You might have the occasional blog post or interview but there were always peaks and valleys to information. And lets not pretend this is an actual problem. Because you'll still be around to discuss the game regardless, right?
    Yeah I guess you're right. It's too much to ask for Ion to know the difference between May & June. Or April from November.

  17. #56657
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Well, of course the people that think going 12-3-1760 on distance conversions would think that is sensible. While the people that go 10-10-10 think they should take their pants of their head.
    1) No one divides miles into yards.
    2) 10 is great until you have to divide into thirds.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    Yeah I guess you're right. It's too much to ask for Ion to know the difference between May & June. Or April from November.
    What are you even whining about at this point?
    Last edited by Hitei; 2022-05-22 at 05:59 AM.

  18. #56658
    The Unstoppable Force rhorle's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    20,061
    Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    Yeah I guess you're right. It's too much to ask for Ion to know the difference between May & June. Or April from November.
    Pretty sure Blizzard never specified any month. However your account date should mean you have enough experience with Blizzard to know that delays and things happen. Just relax.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  19. #56659
    Lack of 9.2.5 news sucks.

  20. #56660
    Btw I know people don't want borrowed power back but what if we could still have max level progression but NO borrowed power.
    Imagine this. Once you reach specific goals at max level you get to unlock a talent point. Throughout the expansion you can earn up to 5 additional talent points this way with the extra points capped at each patch at a specific value.
    When next xpac comes, we get 10 new levels. If you got all 5 talent points during Dragonflight then you will still level but you won't get any new talent points for the first few levels; the cap will be the same. Nothing gained but also nothing lost, your power was not borrowed just available early On a new player or character, they can get what you got just by leveling.
    This would allow for them to add some extra options even during the xpac, make your progression more varied than just gear but would keep you from actually losing power.

    As for the issue of talent point bloat (which will happen regardless), the obvious solution is to just add a couple of strong passives with multiple ranks every couple of expacs that soak a lot of points to keep the permutations manageable.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •