1. #56761
    You need to have some goddamn faith, Arthur(s).

  2. #56762
    Herald of the Titans Lady Atia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    The Rumour Tower
    Posts
    2,622
    Quote Originally Posted by Foreign Exchange Ztudent View Post
    Well, Blizzcon Updates are usually next week on the 26th. I still don't know why the Collector's Edition for D4 showed up.

    I doubt there's any D4 update during the June-August Video Game News Livestreams.

    Honestly, a release date for D4 with a Preorder is something I'd expect at the end of the year. But, again there's a lot of weird things going on that makes it a bit more up in the air as to why they implemented that achievement.

    I got to be honest, I still don't believe in the Blizzcon concept after everything. But, it is still very confusing. I mean there's always Gamescom but it feels more likely that they may utilize Gamescom for the reveal of Dragonflight: Red Animation Short and the Release Date.
    It's actually possible that the datamined Diablo 4 Collectors Edition was just named wrong (intentionally) and it's actually a Diablo Immortal Digital Deluxe Edition? After all, when that achievement got datamined they hadn't announced DI for PC yet, so it would have spoiled the whole reveal?

  3. #56763
    Could be they implemented it for 2 years in advance though. But usually previously we've seen WoW Anniversary Achievements implemented 12 months prior, so it does make you wonder which specific dates they are targetting for more information.

    Then again it may just stay an oddity for next two years.
    I no longer reply to quotations beyond if you're asking a genuine question or have a non-confrontational stance.

    Genuine Misanthrope. (Anti-Human)

  4. #56764
    The Insane rhorle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    17,058
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    It's actually possible that the datamined Diablo 4 Collectors Edition was just named wrong (intentionally) and it's actually a Diablo Immortal Digital Deluxe Edition? After all, when that achievement got datamined they hadn't announced DI for PC yet, so it would have spoiled the whole reveal?
    That seems unlikely. Two weeks out from launch and we already know "launch" rewards for immortal will be armor sets. You get it free by finishing the tutorial within 30 days of the games launch. I doubt they will sell a digital deluxe version with out previously announcing it.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  5. #56765
    Here's something I've found:

    There's 5 Dark Ranger armor icons in the ItemAppearance table (viewable via wow.tools) that were added in 9.2.5. The icons are the same as the "Dark Ranger set" that the NPCs in Darkshore wear.

    They have a PlayerConditionID of 34863 - which is linked to hunter (via class mask 0x4). Interestingly, the only other items in this table with a PlayerConditionID are the ones that require covenants.

    Only 1 of the 5 have an actual texture file linked to it, and it's the hood from Darkshore DRs.

    Can't really draw anything from this other than the possibility we'll be getting the full set. Assuming the appearance is unchanged, it's rather lackluster given it's just a recolor of a... WoD? set I wanna say.

    Edit: It wouldnt be unusual either, given the Blood Elf Blood Knight armor is stuff thats been in the game awhile.

    Edit 2:

    I've been looking at the findings of others in regards to this, and they've found the PlayerConditionID is also tied to various toys, so another possibility is that this is just updates to the dark ranger toy.
    Last edited by wowrefugee; 2022-05-22 at 09:14 PM.

  6. #56766
    Quote Originally Posted by wowrefugee View Post
    Here's something I've found:

    There's 5 Dark Ranger armor icons in the ItemAppearance table (viewable via wow.tools) that were added in 9.2.5. The icons are the same as the "Dark Ranger set" that the NPCs in Darkshore wear.

    They have a PlayerConditionID of 34863 - which is linked to hunter (via class mask 0x4). Interestingly, the only other items in this table with a PlayerConditionID are the ones that require covenants.

    Only 1 of the 5 have an actual texture file linked to it, and it's the hood from Darkshore DRs.

    Can't really draw anything from this other than the possibility we'll be getting the full set. Assuming the appearance is unchanged, it's rather lackluster given it's just a recolor of a... WoD? set I wanna say.

    Edit: It wouldnt be unusual either, given the Blood Elf Blood Knight armor is stuff thats been in the game awhile.
    Could just be new outfits for the NPC dark rangers to show an allegiance change.

  7. #56767
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Could just be new outfits for the NPC dark rangers to show an allegiance change.
    Maybe? But I wanna say they wouldn't have a PlayerConditionID if it were for NPCs. The table PlayerCondition seems to only be for players - with things like "Must be in a group" "Requires completion of X" "Requires Rogue" and such.

    Edit: Cool to see Redshirtguy and Portergauge talking about this post. I had notifications on for their tweets since they usually post about theories and datamined material.

    A little proud I started datamining for the first time ever last week and found some interesting stuff.
    Last edited by wowrefugee; 2022-05-21 at 02:12 AM.

  8. #56768
    There's lots of sets already in the game I wish we could get access to, so I'm thrilled about finally getting that Blood Knight armor, and I'd love that dark ranger set too.

    With the whole wardrobe system, there's no real reason we can't start getting all those missing set colors.

  9. #56769
    I have a good question: Why is that Dark Ranger set so ugly? It's not even black. It's just an ugly recolor of an ugly leather armor set from WoD. And there's already a toy that gives you that appearance. Not to mention it doesn't look anything like any of Sylvanas' various outfits over the years. Was all this really just for that set?

  10. #56770
    Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    I have a good question: Why is that Dark Ranger set so ugly? It's not even black. It's just an ugly recolor of an ugly leather armor set from WoD. And there's already a toy that gives you that appearance. Not to mention it doesn't look anything like any of Sylvanas' various outfits over the years. Was all this really just for that set?
    Think it's too early to say if this is 'all' we will get. I personally doubt it.

    I am worried that we'll just get the red eyes + dead skin that's *also* been in the files for ages. I'd at least like options similar to the black marks around Sylvanas's eyes.

  11. #56771
    Quote Originally Posted by wowrefugee View Post
    Think it's too early to say if this is 'all' we will get. I personally doubt it.

    I am worried that we'll just get the red eyes + dead skin that's *also* been in the files for ages. I'd at least like options similar to the black marks around Sylvanas's eyes.
    TBH I would be okay if we got *just* that. I've always believed that most AR's should just have been customization options, but if I could choose I'd rather Darkfallen were Forsaken options for racial's sake heh.

    But if all we got were red eyes and undead skins on the BE model, I'd be happy. Obviously if we also got a "warpaint" that emulated Sylvanas markings as a face paint option that would just be swell.

  12. #56772
    Herald of the Titans Lady Atia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    The Rumour Tower
    Posts
    2,622
    Quote Originally Posted by wowrefugee View Post
    Maybe? But I wanna say they wouldn't have a PlayerConditionID if it were for NPCs. The table PlayerCondition seems to only be for players - with things like "Must be in a group" "Requires completion of X" "Requires Rogue" and such.

    Edit: Cool to see Redshirtguy and Portergauge talking about this post. I had notifications on for their tweets since they usually post about theories and datamined material.

    A little proud I started datamining for the first time ever last week and found some interesting stuff.
    Keep it up little dragon!

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by wowrefugee View Post
    Think it's too early to say if this is 'all' we will get. I personally doubt it.

    I am worried that we'll just get the red eyes + dead skin that's *also* been in the files for ages. I'd at least like options similar to the black marks around Sylvanas's eyes.
    Yeah, I would also hope for atleast dk's skin tones to be also available just to give more varience, and maybe one of the void elves blues that actually matches with Sylvanas current skin tone. It would be a shame if we finally could play as a dark fallen only to not be able to look like Sylvanas anyways.

  13. #56773
    If Diablo Immortal icon would be something important they would implement it earlier or even hotfix into game, it's not like they learned about release date yesterday.

    So far during Shadowlands they were consistent with revealing patch date on Thursday 12 days before launch. Only exception was 9.0.5, revealed on Thursday just 5 days before release. But that patch was just mount questline in Maw and Valor stuff, 9.2.5 is bigger than 9.1.5.

    Early June release is very likely, just not June 1st. I don't think they are in big hurry right now unless some madman really push for Christmas '22 release. Otherwise things look on track if they aim at ~March pre-patch.

  14. #56774
    Herald of the Titans Lady Atia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    The Rumour Tower
    Posts
    2,622
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    That seems unlikely. Two weeks out from launch and we already know "launch" rewards for immortal will be armor sets. You get it free by finishing the tutorial within 30 days of the games launch. I doubt they will sell a digital deluxe version with out previously announcing it.
    The launch sets are mostly a "try the game out" thing though. And the Digital Deluxe editions are for all of Blizzards games. It would be weird for Diablo Immortal to be the first new game that comes out that has no goodies for other ones - even Diablo 2 remastered had atleast a pet for D3.

    Do we even know yet how the DI store will look?

  15. #56775
    The Insane Arafal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Nextdrassil
    Posts
    17,844
    DI is a F2P mobile game, why would it have a digital deluxe edition?
    Last edited by Arafal; 2022-05-21 at 08:51 AM.



  16. #56776
    Herald of the Titans Lady Atia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    The Rumour Tower
    Posts
    2,622
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    DI is a F2P mobile game, why would it have a digital deluxe edition?
    Hearthstone is a F2P mobile game, why does it have 90 euro expansion sets full of cosmetics?

    A digital deluxe edition gives you ingame goodies for (usually) all the currently relevant blizzard games. That's why.

  17. #56777
    Legendary! Makabreska's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Streets Strange by Moonlight
    Posts
    6,735
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    DI is a F2P mobile game, why would it have a digital deluxe edition?
    It is also a PC game, and they make DD editions simply because people buy them.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

  18. #56778
    The Insane Arafal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Nextdrassil
    Posts
    17,844
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    Hearthstone is a F2P mobile game, why does it have 90 euro expansion sets full of cosmetics?
    Because its a F2P game and therefore will have an expansive in-game shop, just like DI?
    DI is gonna have a bunch of shop bundles, shop bundles are not game edition however.

    The point of game editions is to provide a more extensive game purchase over the basic purchase, to get you to spend more money.
    There is no basic purchase here, the game is F2P.

    Hots nor HS had a digital deluxe either.
    So again, why would there be a deluxe edition?

    You can argue for a cross promo or release day bundle, but again, that isn't a game edition.
    Last edited by Arafal; 2022-05-21 at 09:46 AM.



  19. #56779
    Herald of the Titans Lady Atia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    The Rumour Tower
    Posts
    2,622
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Because its a F2P game and therefore will have an expansive in-game shop, just like DI?
    DI is gonna have a bunch of shop bundles, shop bundles are not game edition however.

    The point of game editions is to provide a more extensive game purchase over the basic purchase, to get you to spend more money.
    There is no basic purchase here, the game is F2P.

    Hots nor HS had a digital deluxe either.
    So again, why would there be a deluxe edition?

    You can argue for a cross promo or release day bundle, but again, that isn't a game edition.
    Wow, are you really argueing about the name I used? You know exactly what I mean. Call it "Diablo Immortal Evil Collection" instead if it pleases you. My point was that it's more realistic to get a crossover mount from Diablo Immortal than them having a Diablo 4 pre-order before a Dragonflight pre-order.

  20. #56780
    The Lightbringer Valysar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    France
    Posts
    3,327
    Am I only the one who wants a login screen that changes over time for DF ?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •