7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vasoka View Post
    Why do people think preorders will open together with the official release date announcement? Have Blizzard said something?
    Why would they not?

Formerly known as Arafal

Why do people think preorders will open together with the official release date announcement? Have Blizzard said something?
    Because everyone is desperately wanting news about Dragonflight after a rather uneventful May, lol.

Herald of the Titans Nightshade711's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gifdwarf View Post

Looks about right to me
    Interesting.
    As cool as it would be, I would be surprised if we got Dracthyr in 9.2.5 just because they haven’t been tested yet by the public.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Chen isn't a Monk

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightshade711 View Post
    Interesting.
    As cool as it would be, I would be surprised if we got Dracthyr in 9.2.5 just because they haven’t been tested yet by the public.
    They said there would be available during prepatch

Best way to capitalize on excitement.

That said, don't we get the release date announcement a while in to testing? As I recall with Shadowlands the preorder had a window instead.

Interesting.
    We don't even know Evoker skills or mechanics yet so there's like no way we'll get them in 9.2.5 lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Today, I will remind them of post #57995. No one believed, yet here we are.
    FYI: This is the post referenced in the comment above.

https://gyazo.com/1c21e74dad484d86a8431329f035b504

It might seem like nothing, but it's not really. DI comes out on the 2nd of June, they’re adding battlenet icons into WoW so you can see when a friend is playing Diablo Immortal, like they have for Sc2, OW, HS, etc. Presumably they’d want to add this to the game before DI releases to help boost exposure for it. Just a little bone.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Interesting.
    Probably just Dragonflight files leaking into 9.2.5 due to parallel development.

Just like the Kul Tiras quest sets in 7.3, except this time we know what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Valysar View Post
    No, but why would they hide a mount sold by someone in Kun Lai ?
    We can see every holidays' mount in the journal iirc, not this one ?
    Might be a test of how well they can encrypt now to see if dataminers can see it. Since they seem to be moving towards more encryption and keeping things more of a surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by Therougetitan View Post
    Might be a test of how well they can encrypt now to see if dataminers can see it. Since they seem to be moving towards more encryption and keeping things more of a surprise.
    Well if Darkfallen really is the Allied race I would hope that teaches them how pointless all that encryption is. They spent all this time encrypting a major feature just for half the community to immediately guess exactly what it was. In fact outlets were even reporting about it. So much for that "surprise" factor.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    Well if Darkfallen really is the Allied race I would hope that teaches them how pointless all that encryption is. They spent all this time encrypting a major feature just for half the community to immediately guess exactly what it was. In fact outlets were even reporting about it. So much for that "surprise" factor.
    I'd argue it shows the exact opposite, given all the excitement over what the encrypted items could be & the items still left in mystery. If anything, this would give them a bit of a guide as to what else needs to be encrypted to better hide it in the future, but shows that they can hide pretty much anything if they so choose...similar to how many things were hidden in 8.2.5.

So do you all think we'll be seeing any news today?

Quote Originally Posted by Hugnomo View Post
    So do you all think we'll be seeing any news today?
    I was hoping we'd get the talent tree blog post, but seems unlikely now since they usually release that stuff around 9 AM PST.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    If any thing it would be a reason for them to use more encryption as people are only guessing dark rangers because of updates to the BFA quest line not being hidden.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Almost 200 encrypted files were added, and are tied to the preorder items (same encryption key).

Any guesses?

Quote Originally Posted by Cheezits View Post
    Almost 200 encrypted files were added, and are tied to the preorder items (same encryption key).

Any guesses?
    Encryption counts effects and doodads as separate items, doesn't it? So a mount with various effects and moving parts would be several items in the encrypted files list?

Might be wrong, but I feel like that is the correct answer here. Especially if we get several items with five variants for each flight.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah 200 files is too big, we'll have one mounts, 5 cloaks, one battle pet, one hearthstone, and that's it I guess ?

1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheezits View Post

Any guesses?
    I won’t be surprised if we get the currently known bonuses, but with five variants for each of the flights.
    Mount, hearthstone, transmog.
    Though I wonder if we’re getting full transmog sets or just cloaks.

I could see 200 files being a thing if there’s effects for the transmogs like the store transmog set.
    On top of the effects for the mounts.

BUT that is a lot of work just to do just for a preorder bonus so we’ll see.
    Last edited by Nightshade711; 2022-05-24 at 05:47 PM.
    Chen isn't a Monk

I do wonder how far they will push encryption when the alpha datamining happens. Usually the very first thing we get is all the text strings which often give a distorted view of the story

1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I do wonder how far they will push encryption when the alpha datamining happens. Usually the very first thing we get is all the text strings which often give a distorted view of the story
    I am hoping that most, if not all of the story elements are encrypted down.
    I would love to go in with 0 knowledge on the major story.
    Chen isn't a Monk

On the one hand, I love datamining season and its something I always look forward to with a new expansion.

On the other, it will be rather novel to go in without knowing major story beats.