Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    I mean, we dont even know if its anything preorder related. The only reason people think they are is because they are encrypted with the same key.
    That's exactly what that means: If they're encrypted with the same key that means they will all become unencrypted when Blizzard's servers submit that key to live servers. If there were unlocked at different points there would be different keys.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    It's Ersula. He operates on a different plane of thought. Plus DF reveal broke him a little.
    Quote Originally Posted by wowrefugee View Post
    Armor is not as simple as 1 file = 1 piece of armor.
    Do you have a better explanation for 200+ encrypted files? Still, a set of armor is about 30 files. Each racial customization option is a file, etc.

Quest chains aren't that many different files, but racial assets are.

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    That's exactly what that means: If they're encrypted with the same key that means they will all become unencrypted when Blizzard's servers submit that key to live servers. If there were unlocked at different points there would be different keys.

Do you have a better explanation for 200+ encrypted files? Still, a set of armor is about 30 files. Each racial customization option is a file, etc.

Look at how many items are encrypted with the key for the encrypted armor set.

It’s like, 400.

The sprite darter set was even more files.

If heritage armor for the allied race is in the game, it’s gonna have to be the encrypted set, and the races will have to share it
    Last edited by wowrefugee; 2022-05-24 at 07:19 PM.

Bloodsail Admiral Nightshade711's Avatar

From what we’ve seen in the files the cloaks have five variations.
    If they give full transmog sets & the variations instead of just cloaks then that would fully explain why there’s so many files.
    Like what you said 30 files per armor set, 5 armor sets.

Plus if they have any extra effects on them like the astral set on the store that would get us close to 200 if not a bit more.

I mean it makes sense to signify all Dragonflights with the Collector's Edition and it also adds an extra flair.

I mean with the confirmation on Dragonflight based Shorts, it would make a lot of sense for the marketing to go all-in on which Flight you identify with.
    I no longer reply to quotations beyond if you're asking a genuine question or have a non-confrontational stance.

Genuine Misanthrope. (Anti-Human)

Quote Originally Posted by Nightshade711 View Post
    From what we’ve seen in the files the cloaks have five variations.
    If they give full transmog sets & the variations instead of just cloaks then that would fully explain why there’s so many files.
    Like what you said 30 files per armor set, 5 armor sets.

Plus if they have any extra effects on them like the astral set on the store that would get us close to 200 if not a bit more.
    Don't forget the mount, which could easily add on another 10-20 on its own, or the backpack which comes in five variants and likely counts for 3-5 each
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Foreign Exchange Ztudent View Post
    I mean it makes sense to signify all Dragonflights with the Collector's Edition and it also adds an extra flair.

I mean with the confirmation on Dragonflight based Shorts, it would make a lot of sense for the marketing to go all-in on which Flight you identify with.
    I don't know, I'd get that narrative if they had done Dragonflight covenants but that's not the story this time. We don't really pick a flight in any way. I actually think they may focus on making it look Draconic. Not even sure there will be Aspects by the end of this; perhaps instead of one dragon being supercharged they will end up choosing to spread the power among all to avoid the danger of a rogue aspect. Plus it's likely other flights will be joining in; the Nether is the obvious pick but the elemental drakes and the storm drakes are also options.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I don't know, I'd get that narrative if they had done Dragonflight covenants but that's not the story this time. We don't really pick a flight in any way. I actually think they may focus on making it look Draconic. Not even sure there will be Aspects by the end of this; perhaps instead of one dragon being supercharged they will end up choosing to spread the power among all to avoid the danger of a rogue aspect. Plus it's likely other flights will be joining in; the Nether is the obvious pick but the elemental drakes and the storm drakes are also options.
    The wildcard in this debate are the Dracthyr though. Makes sense that much of the cosmetic stuff surrounding the expansion would keep in mind how you can choose any of the five main colors for you character. Make it just red for instance and you are clashing with the four other Dracthyr variants.

It's a similar deal to why Maghar got several variants of their heritage set despite no other AR getting the same treatment. It's to make it less likely to clash with your base appearance.

That's not what that means at all?

It could be voice lines or whatever for the new questchain that become encrypted as soon as the patch hits because at that point, there is no point keeping it encrypted anymore because the patch is not timegated? It could LITERALLY be anything.

Tuesday is always a good day for Blizzard news... Well

I'm worried about a very bloated pre-order. Like, instead of putting those resources toward an allied race or something, we're just gonna get a gazillion overly flashy items for pre-order bonuses.

If they're encrypted with the same key that means they will all become unencrypted when Blizzard's servers submit that key to live servers. If there were unlocked at different points there would be different keys.
    This is correct

This is pulled out of thin air

50/50 you're getting there, keep goin'

I'm worried about a very bloated pre-order. Like, instead of putting those resources toward an allied race or something, we're just gonna get a gazillion overly flashy items for pre-order bonuses.
    It's not really that much work if it's just the SL rewards multiplied by 5 tints.
    A large amount in total for sure, but hardly something equivalent to a new race or somesuch.

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Don't forget the mount, which could easily add on another 10-20 on its own, or the backpack which comes in five variants and likely counts for 3-5 each
    What if the mount is not a normal mount but extra customization for the dragon-riding dragons?

Quote Originally Posted by pacotaco View Post
    What if the mount is not a normal mount but extra customization for the dragon-riding dragons?
    They wouldn't include those assets encrypted in a patch launching at least 9 months before the expansion. There is no use for them before the actual dragon mount is included.

Kinda odd they said they'd release a Dracthyr customization blog soon but it's looking to be a few weeks + after pre-orders are out.

Maybe my former hopium about a "visage form-only" allied race can come true, even if it makes absolutely no sense.

Quote Originally Posted by pacotaco View Post
    It's certainly possible, though it would break with tradition in both the mount being useable before the expansion launches, and would also put extra pressure on Blizzard into making the Dragonriding mounts into regular mounts.

Kinda odd they said they'd release a Dracthyr customization blog soon but it's looking to be a few weeks + after pre-orders are out.

Maybe my former hopium about a "visage form-only" allied race can come true, even if it makes absolutely no sense.
    But Visage can only be Drac'thyr tho.. Not gonna happen man

Bloodsail Admiral Nightshade711's Avatar

I’m willing to bet that it was intended to be earlier, but because of the feedback they went in to make the ‘bulkier option’ more in line to what people want.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightshade711 View Post
    I’m willing to bet that it was intended to be earlier, but because of the feedback they went in to make the ‘bulkier option’ more in line to what people want.
    I don't think you're getting a bulkier option. I think something more like this is likely;

We'll see.

Fuck I hate if they ruin Dracthyr by making it bulky steroid monster.